Is this too much for childcare?

Way too expensive!
I paid my daycare 35.00 a day.

No cause its normally about $100 a day

4 Likes

I run an at home day care and charge 25 a day. 50 a day for 2 children. So for her to charge 50 a day for one child is crazy in my opinion.

That is not crazy! That sounds about right for childcare

When I started baby sitting years ago I used to get 35 a day even if they had 2 kids I baby sat for 45 years and loved every second of it some of the children still call me nan

20-30 a day around here for income child care. More of it’s a licensed day care. Is your child the only one she has?

It’s about $32 a day here but we live in a small town.

$50 a day is not expensive for good care from someone you feel good about. Especially in Florida. Crappy daycare charges $200 a week here. I think that’s a very fair price for good personal care.
I paid $40 a day back in 2004. Lol.

If its a difference of only $10 per day personally I would stay with the one I have had already and know and trust. Good luck.

Seems like it depends on whether you can afford it or not. I wouldn’t work if I had to pay $50.00 per day.

Here 20 or 30 a day would be laughed at. The minimum for a babysitter would be $12 an hour. Good daycare are hundreds a day.

30$ a day is ridiculous . I was paid that for 3 hrs 35 -40 years ago , as a teenager. Just for a little perspective

Daycare is $1800 per month where I live. $50 per day is a steal!!!

Way too much, I pay less than that per day with meals included and extended hours if needed plus weekends.

$175 average a week in West Virginia, per kid, cost goes down older they get

If you go by an 8 hour day then add in an hour for your lunch and pick up drive. $50 ÷ 9 hours =$5.50 per hour and she still has to pay taxes on it. Plus is she feeding your child as well?

$600/month for child care is typical where I live.

I pay 35$ a day and that could be from the time they open tell the time they close 6am-7pm if I were to need that long and they offer schooling for my 5 year old that is actually school stuff so that’s a rip off completely

I’m a daycare teacher and the cost for my class is $130

In KY the norm depends on age for childcare facilities. I think it is $25 a day for in-home.

I used to watch 3 kids 2 were school aged and 1 I had from 5:30 in the morning till about 5:30 and I charged $150/ week for all three kids! Of course I’m not licensed but still that’s not bad in OK

All depends on where you live, here in MA childcare can run anywhere from $50-$100 a day .

I work at a preschool and our max is $209/week, and that’s for infant care :woman_shrugging:t2: I would say for an in home care giver $50/day is a little on the pricey side.

I do daycare I’m located in Kearns if anyone is interested :slight_smile:

I have always watched children very inexpensively.

I used to pay $135 a week for just a ride after school and being watched 1-2 hours. So I think that’s pretty fair for 3 days

It depends on where you live and the cost of living. To me the rate seems fair.

I pay $75/day for my 1 yr old and $50/day for my 3 year old. Take the $50 a day and run :running_woman: lol that’s a steal

I charge $150 a week for in home daycare.

Depends on where you live. From Detroit and that’s a deal. If you want cheaper than that it’s a ghetto center.

I pay $800 a month for daycare I do not think it’s bad since it’s 1 to 1 attention

That’s way to much. You can get cheaper and find one that does activities and educational also.

It depends where you I live. If u can’t pay what she is charging and appreciate her work…find someone else. Business is business.

Depends on where you are. 50 a day is a bargain in my area; then again, average rent in my area is pushing 2k a month :grimacing:

If she is watching only your children that’s cheap…

20.00 a day is the going rate where I live in missouri

1 Like

$50 a day is about the cheapest you would fine where I live.

It’s cheap. It can cost $125 a day where I live

1 Like

I’m in California and my daughter’s day care is $65/day

Our center is about 50 per day for ones and infants.

At a fully licensed daycare centre for their preschool program with meals and snacks provided by them, I paid $40/day.
I feel like $50/day for unlicensed in-home is high.

I get discounted daycare through the military and I pay 650$ a month for one child.

My daughters daycare is $110 a day

That’s nuts. At most where I live was $20 a day

Here in NYC they charge 250 a week for a child under one … 200 a week for child one up to prek

I think it’s expensive. But it depends on how much you make. Do you make enough money to pay that? I wouldn’t financially be able to pay that much

Its not your play to pay her rent

I used to pay $800 a month when my son was an infant…

I live in Atlanta and $50 is average.

50/day fir a full 8hr day is not a lot at all. I pay my nanny 10/hr to watch my child in our home.

That’s cheap! If she’s worth it and you trust her?

$50 a day for an at home daycare?! That’s too much. Mine had an hourly rate that maxed out at $25 per day.

I got paid $100 a week. And I kept a 5 month old maybe 25 hours a week

It’s a $1000 or more a month mon thru fri at a daycare so $150 a week is cheap!!

Do you go to work for 50 a day? If the answer Is no and your child minder is the only job they have how would you expect them to work for that price too?

$37/day but I was quoted anywhere from 35-55

Have you looked into other daycares that have openings and what they would charge?

That is cheap…i paid 800 a month for my daughter to go to daycare mon thru friday 7:30am to 4pm

I would
Look
For alternatives,
Sometimes the expense of working is more than a paycheck…
600$ a month is too much.

$50 a day isn’t expensive at all.

1 Like

I use to pay 55 dollars a week for day care !

50 a day is only $10 an hour for 5 hours.

Well depends where you live but I’m in Mississippi n for my 2 month old at an official daycare it cost 26 a day (130 a week) so :woman_shrugging:t3:

20 a day??!! That’s 2.50 an hour assuming it’s an 8 hour day. And you think 50 is too much. That’s 6.25 an hour. You’re getting a bargain.

umm.no. do you know how much regular daycare is…350 a week.

4 Likes

$50 a day is cheap! I charged $20+ an hour as a nanny.

In California… I was paying $300 a week for childcare for one child.

I’m sure it depends on where you live but in Northern California I pay $45 a day and that’s on the cheap side here

It depends how many hours your gone but where I live it’s 15-20 per hr

I pay $636 for 3 days per week / 8 hrs per day with no meals in Massachusetts

In the UK you pay £40-£60 a day… childcare costs… it is what it is… expensive

Yes that’s High!! $35/day in normal in SW MN

In Canada it’s 800+ a month at some places.

At a center, I’ve paid 60/day or $180 a week.

$150 is actually reasonable.

How old is the child?

Is she worth it? I think so.

In Chicago for 5 days of day care they charge $2,200 per month and that’s the cheapest in my area. It’s crazy

Don’t some places offer free or reduced childcare because of covid right now

Biggest scam ever for working parents , DAYCARE FEES…
Someone is raking it in?

How old is your child?

In Australia before subsidy I pay 550 a week. That’s $110 a day so $50 a day is pretty good

I would pay 1000 a month for a daycare to take care of 1 child
U have a great deal
Js

Find someone new. She sounds like shes taking people for granted now

She is definitely under paid!

D be afraid shes still going to move . because if someone really wants to they will

1 Like

Daycare is almost cheaper then that

Yes. Call some daycares. Get their weekly rates. Divide by 5. That will answer your question.

1 Like

The going rate where I live is 15.00 per hour

1 Like

I think that if u are doing that to help her u are awesome.

We are in Maine have one in daycare and pay $190 a week

Look for official home childcare I’m sure out there United way or ask others in your area

I’m paying 20 a day for an at home daycare.

I know people who pay $750 a month for one kid

That’s nothing. Take it!

2 Likes

Girl I only pay $100/week for full time daycare. Thats too much.

We pay $35 per day for my granddaughter.

Where I live, I was paying $100 per day for a babysitter in my home for 2 kids under 2. That was for Mon/Fri 8am to 3 or 4pm.

I pay 175/week for daycare for my one child… 50/day for 3 days is absolutely within reason to me

I don’t think that’s expensive. Also you left out a few details. I mean does she provide meals & snacks? Does she give him a bath? Is it 8 hours of watching him or 12+ hours. Also does she know CPR or not?