Legally what can my ex do?

Get legal counsel. Facebook is not the place for help with this serious matter. You’ll get all sorts of of bad advice and it will make it all worse.
Just my opinion.

67 Likes

In my state,If you were not married to the father of the baby then he has no legal rights (until he takes you to court to obtain them). He threw you and the child out, that alone should go against him in a courtroom. I would consult a lawyer before doing anything.

34 Likes

Talk to a lawyer (solicitor?) Preferably one that specializes in international custody.
Don’t take legal advice from strangers on the internet.

18 Likes

Not sure but if It were me I would contact a family law lawyer.They should give you info they need.It will be slightly different depending on country you live on.

12 Likes

That is known as abandonment. Make sure you have birth certificate make a police report since he threatened to kidnap your child file papers immediately for full custody. You can do it by your self. Not sure it’s legal to take the Child out of the country

9 Likes

He kicked you out, didn’t offer to keep the baby. Go home, he lives with his mom and has no money to fight you. He’s trying to control you with the baby. When he grows up, he can pursue a relationship with his child.

9 Likes

Someone I knew from South Africa living in the UK when his child was born won custody of his daughter because his wife left and took her to South Africa. She was born in the UK so the wife was not allowed to just take her. Be careful and get legal advice and sort custody before you leave the country never to return.

9 Likes

Its his child too. You mentioned he kicked you out…thats pretty harsh. What were his reasons and what do you think it was? Either way dear its his child too. Best yo file for divorce and ask for shared custody. Children need their fathers badly and grandparents. Try to think of the future for your child always put him first…he needs both of you to grow up mentally sound.

7 Likes

Basically you can’t leave the area without his permission, state let alone the country.I would go for full custody, and then support.

9 Likes

Talk to your embassy and see if there are resources for you.

6 Likes

I think you both need to speak to each other. Yes your relationship may be over but that doesn’t mean he’s finished with his child or that he is no longer needed in your child’s life… He’s their father.
If he poses no threat and he can work amicably with you and you can raise your child apart then that is definitely best for your child. You made a baby together, your roles are to put all your shite aside and raise the child together.

4 Likes

You need to get full custody before you go anywhere

5 Likes

Speak to an attorney ASAP. Also document everything the says and does. Speaking to the police will help.

4 Likes

You can’t take the child out of the country without his permission. He still has legal right to his child even though he has behaved badly . You need a solicitor

6 Likes

Get a solicitor here in UK that deals with family problems xx

4 Likes

Laws differ from country to country. Please consult a lawyer in the UK for accurate advice. And it matters very much where you are planning on going. Could he get to you? What are the extradition laws in that country? Please consult experts for something of this magnitude! Best of luck to you!

4 Likes

I would go home and immediately file papers to give you custody and show residency of you and your child.

2 Likes

Before you do anything make SURE you get legal advice and do the right thing both for yourself and your child!!

3 Likes

You need an attorney!

4 Likes

Dear all states of the world give due rights to mothers. U should seek legal help first then think about any thing else.

2 Likes

You may be able to get free help from a solicitor. Contact your therapist. Pretty sure they would be able to connect you with the services you need. Many attorneys do Pro Bono for underprivileged citizens to maintain their licenses to practice.

The first one to file for custody will get it until there is a hearing so go to your court and file.also where was the child born at? Also keep all threats or messages from him file with the court.stop all communication other then him talking to the child only.

2 Likes

Call a lawyer because I don’t think you can take the baby out of the state you are in if you and the dad are still married. Not positive so call a lawyer before you do anything.

3 Likes

Call a Solicitor for advice. But everthing written above is correct here, Do Something Do Not Go Back.

2 Likes

If he is on the birth certificate he has equal parental responsibility 50/50. I’d seek legal advice as if the child was born in the UK it maybe difficult in taking the child to live in your country, if you have dual nationality for the child it will be easier to take the child back to your country to live permanently.

1 Like

Is his name on the birth certificate?
Don’t announce you’re not coming back. “It’s a vacation from each other until things cool down. “.
When my grandson went out of country no one ever asked for his Father’s permission. Without a custody agreement you’re free to leave the area.

1 Like

Discuss with a family solicitor. Please don’t listen to people’s opinions on FB. They mean we’ll but are likely to be inaccurate.
I saw one at a certain period in my life and his advice was both a surprise and very valuable.

Definitely seek good legal counsel or you maybe sorry for the rest of your life. Don’t allow yourself to be a victim. Learn the laws.

Get legal advice Because I believe unless the child already has a passport both parents have to sign to get one for child!

This is a heartbreaking situation and I’m sorry your going through this​:pensive: As many have said, go talk to a attorney. They will be able to help you better hun. Sending love, hugs and prayers you get through this and are able to live a happy life​:blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

My suggestion is to obtain legal representation. If you are in the US and leaving to another country and he catches wind of that, he could call the authorities and stop you at the airport. GET LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND ADVICE.

Make sure you have legal custody for your child that way he can’t move the child without your permission , do it now to safe guard yourself and your child

Wow, contact a lawyer. I don’t know what kind of laws they have there. Good luck!!

If you guys were not married he is just the alleged father of the child. That means he has no rights to him legally until a court finds him the legal father and establishes child support and paternity. Therefore don’t let him serve you with legal documents because you will be forced to show up to court to establish that paternity that right now is not established and is keeping him away legally.

You are committing International abduction. You will lose in court. He will get custody. Stay in the states , get a lawyer. There is no way around this. Safe time get legal advice . Blessings to you

I guess I would look for someone that knows the laws and what can be done. If you are a USA citizen try a visit to the embassy. They might be able to help.

First told you have proof that kicked you out second of all he would have to prove that you’re not fit mother third of all did he sign the birth certificate fourth if he’s making threats to you keep any proof of that that you can get phone conversation recorded letters keep them go to go to a court as soon as you can if I file for sole custody if they want reasons you can say that he was threatening you and let it kick you out and that you want sole custody good luck and I would definitely go see a lawyer you can go to Legal Aid which is free Philip Roy first consultation and I believe They Don’t Really charge you a whole lot if they do charger good luck

Not sure in the uk. Contact a lawyer or go to the courthouse and inform yourself

1 Like

Keep all your text messages that are threatening.They will come in handy when you need them for court or what ever it maybe. This is very important.good luck.

Does the child have his surname, if he does then you both share Parental Responsibility. Then you should not leave without consent. You will need to seek legal advice on this matter. If the child is not registered in his name then you can go with the child. Do you claim child benefits and who is it awarded to you or the father. ? If it’s him then you will not get it once you leave . Explore a Child arrangement order, it’s usually cheaper for him to make the application than you and also do you have leave to remain in the UK lots to think about but good luck with your choice, do not accept second best because of the child . He clearly has some issues and if he has the power to get you and your child out of his home then this does not sound good. Would you br able to care for your child single handed?

If the baby was born here then yes, he does have a legal course of action to force you to return with her because he would be granted full legal custody if he filles and says that you have keft the country and removed the baby from there country of birth, i dont know what you contrys expedition laws are, but you could actually be done for custodial kidnap x

You can legally take the child out of the country for 3 months. The the father can demand you bring him back. Unless you put something in place to give him access to the child. That is the law in the UK. XX

You need to consult a lawyer as soon as you can. Go to legal aide if you can’t afford a regular lawyer. Some lawyers will give you free advice. Ignore most of the comments. They like to twist things.Facebook is the worst place to ask advice.

I would change your names get rid of your phone and get a new one with a different number and just quietly pack your things and go away for your safety and your child. If that’s the case?

You have received good , relative advice from ppl in UK. As an insight, I think he is just beating his chest about the child. Maybe for Mom or someone else in his life. I don’t think he will actually take any action.

1 Like

If the 2 of you are not married and you have not gone to court then there is nothing he can do. However he can file with the courts if you decide to go back and try to get some legal standings. You would them have to co.e back for court hearings. Most likely the courts will make you give visitations and you both will have to share the cost of travel.

Contact an attorney in your country for guidance

1 Like

Are you married? Go back home. Make him chase you down. He will have to get a lawyer. It will be really expensive. If he takes you to court id tell the judge he kicked us out and I had no place to go but home. He made this decision now your doing what’s best for you.

UK has lots of advocates when children are involved…start at your local Womens shelters …they can connect you with the right people to help.

Go! Just go!! He’s not man enough to come for his child

1 Like

Record everything threat or any abuse that happenes

1 Like

need to do free consult with attorney for advice

It seems from what you said that you may need physical protection too.

I think the fact that he kicked both of you out of the house may work in your favor. Get a lawyer

Unless there is a danger / abuse - you have ZERO RIGHTS to keep HIS CHILD FROM HIM !!!

See a lawyer. He has abandoned you by withdrawing his lovemaking. You are able to divorce him legally.

You need to go and get legal advice

Each country has their own laws consult a lawyer in your country.

He threw u both out? He doesn’t want that child. Get an attorney.

You have to get a family law attorney from the UK. USA law is different

Find a lawyer!!! Don’t wait, NOW!!!

1 Like

You must get legal advice pertinent to the country in which you are living.

Are you married to him?
In the US if not married baby stays with Mom unless he can prove her unfit.

1 Like

If it was me I would catch the next plane but get all your papers especially the birth certificate and go home

1 Like

I suggest googling UK parental rights.

First and foremost!!! Call Lawyer in UK and Call a Lawyer in your home Country!!!

Keep all text coming from him and any evidence you have about him.

Write down everything as it happens , keep as it is fresh in mind.

Keep journal of events of baby of any illness or problems, in case any controversy.

The most important situations are conversations with Lawyers, especially UK. AND filing custody, permission to move home, maybe start passport.

Perhaps if move home, start citizenship, and documents problems with ex in other country.

Get a lawyer and don’t ask the internet for advice on this one. SMH

See a lawyer post haste. Don’t do anything without legal advice.

Get a good lawyer. Save every text and screen shot all his threats to you .

I would seek out a lawyer who specializes in international law before doing anything. Years ago we had a case here in America where the wife was from Argentina. She kissed her husband goodbye at the airport and left with their little boy for a supposed vacation with her parents. The husband was supposed to join them two weeks later. A few days later he received Argentinian legal documents informing him that she wasn’t coming back and that she was divorcing him. Argentina granted her custody of the child. Every time he flew to Argentina to see the child they hid him. She remarried and the step father adopted him. She died and the stepfather refused to relinquish the child and denied any visitation. The US state department tried to intervene without success. I do not know how it turned out in the end as it eventually disappeared from the news. Tell no one you are seeking advice but do it very quickly so you know what your rights are before you take any actions.

he woud have to prove u r an unfit mother! the USA is on the mothers side most of the time.

Civil matter go to court

Take your baby and don’t look back he shouldn’t care after all he kick you and his baby out

Why are you. Asking here .talk to a lawyer.

My God go to a lawyer instead of Facebook…have some sense.

Don’t know nothing about UK leagals

Get a lawyer see a lawyer talk to a lawyer.

Go see a lawyer in th UK

Why can’t she leave if she an her child have all the right documents she needs an she is vacated against the virus an she has enough money for plane tickets

Are you married. That will change legal problems

Dad deserves to the child period. Quit bring selfish.

You say partner is he on the birth certificate has he legitimated the baby? If not nothing he can do.

Go back to your country and get a lawyer. Where was your baby born?

He “kicked you out of the house”.

1 Like

Call your lawyer and your local authorities to make certain that this eviction is on the record. He removed you and your child from the property without consideration as to what you were going to do to provide food and shelter for your child. You don’t want him to reverse the situation and claim you abandoned him. Just make certain that you are covered legally.

1 Like

Find out what laws are in that country. Here you must start by getting legal custody of your child. Unless he has alot of money it will be hard for him to fight for child not living in the UK maybe just get legal advice from an attorney in that country.

He kicked you out so I wouldn’t think he had any say so. I’d just move on with your life and not worry about it until something comes about. Then call the cops if he try’s anything

1 Like

Unless you have sole legal custody you’re screwed if you try to leave without his permission and even with custody you could be held responsible for visitation. Child abduction is taken very seriously as it should be.

Not sure in your country. But in America if you’re not married and didn’t go to court for custody/ visitation (dna) there isn’t anything he can do without going to court… Does he have a passport? I’d stay in the country youre in and don’t allow anyone to serve you papers.

Good example of why you marry if you have children. Then there are laws to help you.

Put in an emergency petition and go to the UK (back home excuse me read the post wrong haha) once your out of the UK as long as you have that emergency paperwork filed he has to come fight you there for custody instead of in the US

If he threw u out both out I doubt he has any rights

You will have to Google UK law,

Get a lawyer and file before you leave. Depending on where you lives depend on laws

Write everything down specially the conversations you have with the ex, also is he on the birth certificate as well,

Consult an international family law attorney ASAP. I assuming you have taken a child out of baby’s birth country without a parenting plan (determines custody, visitation rights, etc…), nor his written consent with an intent to live in UK on a permanent basis. Without the proper legal documents, you have committed international child abduction or kidnapping, a federal felony crime which could send you to prison. You may also be charged with parental alienation, which is considered child abuse.

The only caveat is if the father has no interest in pursuing a relationship with his child for the first 18 years of life but keeping yourself and the child hidden for those years would not be beneficial for either of you. The only success I’ve seen was when a mom took her baby to her native country of the Philippines and they were not able to be tracked due to the language (including dialects within the P.I.) barriers.

I’m so sorry you felt you had no other options or thought this was a good idea and will keep you and your baby in my prayers.

Contact a family law attorney. He threw you and your child out. Sounds like he’s trying to control you through your child. He cares nothing about the child.

You should be entitled to half of everything when you live there as his partner and he can’t just take your baby

2 Likes

Unless the court mandates there’s nothing he can do if you have joint custody.

What gives mom the right to run off with the child? Always amazes me moms think they have more rights.