My 18 year old daughter wants her boyfriend to stay over: Advice?

everyone is right with your house, your rules, but it is going to happen either way, and anyway, whether its in your house or not, would you not rather she be home and safe. she’s giving you the respect to ask, maybe consider giving her the same respect to be safe.

2 Likes

I personally wouldn’t if they have only been dating for 6 months. Also is she mature? Work? On bc?

My daughter just turned 18. And I went threw this .
I was like no way in hell.
Thought about it. Set alot of rules.
He’s has to sleep on the couch, which is right by my room. I wake up at a pin needle, so i hear everything. Her in her bed. They go to the store, park, whereever, one of my other kids go with them. There never alone.
She works, about to graduate high school, and takes college classes. has a car, on birth control.
She knows how hard it was for me, I had her at 18, and finally just now after alot of work, im where I need to be in life. She doesn’t want a life like that. Struggling with bills.
I wanted to make sure, I was the one watching them and her not, go. So that was my choice and it’s been 2 months. He comes over Friday night’s, and leaves, Sunday morning, because he lives 4 hours away. So far, so good.

1 Like

Absolutely!!! If they’re going to have sex, they’re going to have sex. It’s up to you to choose if they do it safely (as in not getting mugged/raped/bashed by thugs) under your roof, or in the car parked down in a car park. Make sure you get her on the pill too :+1:t2:

In our countries , ’ boyfriends’ would have been kicked out and we would have been kicked out with them, if we so as even mentioned the word boyfriend, before we had a stable job of our own. Much less about getting pregnant, with a ’ boyfriend’. It always amazes me what happens in our countries and the western world. In ours, ppl consider marriage before getting pregnant and having stranded children. And our parents sure as hell wouldn’t have heard of boyfriends staying over
That’s crap. Honestly, first the man needs to be married to a girl, and only then is he even accepted to stay over anywhere.

2 Likes

You know that they would more then likely be having sex already whether or not you let him stay over anyway? I would rather give them a safe place to do so and more chance of them using contraception if it’s available in her room. (I had a baby at 15 and my Now husband was not allowed to stay over but we still managed to have a baby boy)

4 Likes

If she wants to have sex with him, it won’t matter whether he sleeps over or not. She’ll have sex with him. Better it be under your roof where she is safe, than somewhere she isn’t. If you’re worried about her getting pregnant, then the best thing to do is have a discussion with her and help her get on birth control if she’s having sex.

12 Likes

I would allow it. I wouldn’t like the fact their wasting their money a hotel room just to spend some time together…times have certainly changed. Regarding the sex which would be happening 18. Contraception is a must.

2 Likes

Allow him to stay but make him up a bed on the sofa and just explain to your daughter that’s its your house so your rule. That’s what my mum and dad did with my first bf. X

She’s 18… Why does parents act like they can’t trust there children.

1 Like

Hell no not in my house even if he sleeps on

1 Like

For one thing when i was 18 i have my own place a job and in school

Tbh at 18 and 6 months into a relationship I think I that horse has already bolted !!!

3 Likes

She can do wrong anywhere learn to trust her.

1 Like

She’s 18 and they’ve been together 6 months. She’s going to have boys stay over one day regardless. If it were my child I would rather her first boyfriend sleepover be in my own home then an environment I don’t know. I think 18 is a very reasonable age. :slightly_smiling_face:
Maybe have a chat to her about birth control too. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Maybe since she is being honest and telling you let her have him over. I would make sure she has condoms just in case. The thing is if she wants to have sex she’s going to but you can help her be safe.

3 Likes

No way my son is nearly 17 and over my dead body… only time my boys will share a bed room with a girl is when shes his wife…under my roof

6 Likes

Atleast its under the safety of your roof. You cant stop her from having sex. Shes 18. ~ You cant protect her from everything. You learn from your mistakes. Things happen for a reason. Your doing a good job!

2 Likes

Have the boyfriend sleep on the couch with inspections at random. Or you sleep in her room with her. Your house your rules. I had 2 kids before 18 because no one told me no. Talk to her about sex birth control and how hard it is to have a baby. If you get a night off work do the old fashioned flour baby or egg. Set an alarm every 30 minutes and wake her up for something. The baby needs fed, changed, held, and for a few hours nothing makes it stop. Find a recording of a baby crying. When she gets up only let her play with the baby or watch cartoons. On repeat all day. Sounds nuts but if she sees that raising a baby alone is really hard she won’t want to do it. Find an old shirt and dress baby. If you have any old baby dolls that would work. I can’t tell you how much would change if someone did this to me. And the last rule she can’t have the boyfriends help. Let’s face it at 18 most boys would be out. So she couldn’t call him or ask his help in anyway. My kids have a baby brother and they get put in charge of little things. If you’re playing he gets into something he isn’t supposed to you get in trouble with him. Neither one wants kids until marriage

Shes 18, shes an adult now and should be able to make decisions. Have the chat about contraception and be the mum who protects her by allowing her to be.
Brings back memories of when I was 18. Both parents said no to me and my bf, so we ended up doing it outside, in our cars and anywhere we could get away with. I hated that part.
I plan to allow my kids their partners especially if its a relationship.
Probably not one night stands as thats gross and you need to trust the other person in your home.

4 Likes

I know someone that had a boyfriend she was 14 at the time and he was sleeping over … she’s 16 now and still with the same boy

Honestly at 18 I would. With the condition that she go on birth control. And I’d also make sure there’s condoms in the house as well. Maybe send them both to the drug store and have them pick up a pack of them as well. I’d give them points for being honest about it with you.

1 Like

To be completely honest, if she’s asking him to sleep over they probably already have started doing that. At least if it’s anything like my experience. But also if you tell a kid no unless they are highly respectful they’ll probably do that kind of stuff behind your back. Again just from my teenage experience. I’m an adult now. I would recommend sitting down and talking with her, you can make rules but at the end of the day she will make her own choices. So maybe teaching her safety would be a good idea. I don’t want to come off as sounding rude or anything, I also got pregnant young. I’ve just seen and known to many teenagers/young adults that end up doing it and if the parents don’t consent then hiding it and still doing it. All you can do is trust yourself and make the best decision you can with the knowledge you have. I hope for the best for the both of you.

145 Likes

I never allowed anyone to stay over with my daughter. She got her own place living with her boyfriend after she graduated

76 Likes

I won’t let my 25 year old son have girls over. When he lives on his own(which he has) he can do as he pleases. Just not in my house.

244 Likes

Keep the lines of communication open… educate her on methods of birth control. At least if they are under your roof, you know where she is and that she is in a safe environment. She will have sex, regardless.

62 Likes

Too young, she can do adult things when she’s an adult if she’s gonna sneak around that’s on her don’t make it easy momma

131 Likes

Not letting the boyfriend stay over won’t stop them from having sex. You need to have the safe sex talk with her in any case. I have a son and the issue didn’t come up until he was almost out of college and I let her stay over. No regrets.

52 Likes

What makes you think they’re not already doing it :joy::woman_facepalming: anyway just talk to her about protection and make sure she is on birth control, support her and be there for her so you can ensure shes actually taking it. Then it should be ok. Because theyre definitely going to do it regardless.

42 Likes

You probably still know that they not really need a bed for doing that Momma bear. Talk to her about birth control and maybe take her to the gynecologist if that didn’t happen already. If she’s still in school provide her with condoms as well and let him stay over. They will be having intercourse regardless of your decision of letting him stay over and I’d rather have them in my home safe and protected than getting frisky in a backseat without protection. That’s what my grandparents did with me and what I plan with my now 15 yo.

14 Likes

Hell to the naw. But , it’s your way of parenting. I would consider that in your situation. She can’t have company especially boys , when she gets her own , and they can do whatever they like in her house. Until then , no . Remember , you was the she once , and what happened, you got pregnant. These children now , and days think they’re slick. Continue protecting mom !

73 Likes

Tell her she’s 18 and if she wants her bf to stay iver then get her own place to live especially if you have younger children they may or may not want to do the same thing also tell her to go on birth control she’s 18 thst what the planned parenthood is for and hand her a bix of condoms don’t be afraid mom put your foot down

24 Likes

Maybe he could sleep on the couch when it’s time to go to bed. Set clear boundaries with both of them and let them know you are putting your trust in them.

21 Likes

I would allow him over but have him stay on couch and her in her room. It also depends on the vibe you get from him, does he seem like the kind to sleep with her or not. Set boundaries but she is 18, some teenagers are responsible. So really how responsible are they do you feel it’s okay to be in same bed.

13 Likes

Ask her what stay over means? Then, it depends on your beliefs and values… and also hers… if it really doesn’t sit comfortably, let her know. Make absolutely for damn sure she knows about the birds and bees and her self worth. Then do what feels right to you for your household.

13 Likes

Nope.

Listen I know it ain’t easy to make it in the world out there, but if you’re a responsible person and grab a roommate it’s not quite so bad you HAVE to live at home …

Those are the sorts of things that are earned by being responsible and having a home of your own

13 Likes

She is 18 … an adult . I mean if you say no it’s your house your rules so she will have to respect that but at 18 I think she should be able to have him stay over yes you may of had a baby at 18 doesn’t mean she will . It’s her life if she wants to have a baby at 18 then she will . If she has been comfortable enough to ask you then she seems sensible just make sure you give her the whole prep about safe sex etc xx I know you want what’s best for her and to wrap her up in cotton wool but you can’t forever , she will only rebel against you as she gets older and resent you for it . Good luck xx

49 Likes

Better to be safe at home in my opinion. I was 14 when I met my husband. We have 3 children and 3 grandchildren. 32, 29,26 and then 9, 7 and 1. I think at 18 shes old enough to know risk and at least shes asking ! Sleeping together in your house will neither rush nor slow babies coming ! And we are still happy together :slight_smile:

60 Likes

Let him stay in a different room… my parents would let my boyfriend stay but i was made to sleep with them and my boyfriend alone in my room :woman_shrugging:
But i was already in my 20s and in college :grin:
And before that i didnt even tried, i already knew their answer… it worked perfectly for all of us…
I married a different boyfriend at 32 :sweat_smile: (no children involved) :upside_down_face:

31 Likes

She will only live up to the expectations set for her so…no!
Unless like others said she’s in your room and he’s in his own.
They shouldn’t even put you in this situation if they know your and Gods wishes for them!

14 Likes

Wouldn’t matter if she was 40. If they are not married they wouldn’t be sleeping together in my house.

37 Likes

Do what you think is best! I was a good child…never in trouble…nothing! I had my boyfriend stay the night (my decision and worst thing I did growing up lol…i was 16 <2003>) and my mom found out the next morning…she was stern about it but trusted me and didn’t mind. We are married and have been together since qnd have 2 beautiful daughters! Remember it is your decision and I would give her reasons for the decision you make… because I trust you…door stays opened etc…or because its too early…maybe get to know him better etc

4 Likes

Don’t see the issue my daughter had her boyfriend over to stay once she turned 18… because she’s an adult paying her bills studying for her nursing degree holding down a job… and an all round pretty responsible young ADULT! :flushed:

9 Likes

NO! My house, my rules. And she needs to be home by 11:00.
Yep. I’m a mean mommy. But neither of my kids got into trouble, were arrested, got pregnant or did drugs. They are both married, have good jobs, are also parents and volunteer in their community. I did ok!

18 Likes

Na. If you dont like it there is a reason. It’s not being over protective. She still lives with you. If she even needs to ask permission the answer is no. Your house your rules. She contributes nothing but attitude. When she’s an independent in her own house is when she can make HER own rules and control who can come and go. It doesnt make you a bad mom for not letting her get her way either. Same conversation for sons asking for girlfriends to stay or gay whichever asking their significant other to stay. No sir, no ma’am.

15 Likes

I never allowed my boys to let there girl friends to stay all night at my house at that age I told them it didn’t look good on nether one of them or me, and they were ok with that.

14 Likes

If it makes you uncomfortable while she’s still living there, say no. I mean she is technically an adult, so don’t be surprised if you say no and she ends up staying over with him instead as it would be her choice and her right.

11 Likes

My mum had the rule of not allowed to stay in bedroom under the age of 18, now she’s fine with it she just tells me ‘make your own decisions you’re an adult just be prepared to face the consequences if something does happen’

Honestly everyone saying that their child hasn’t done anything because they’ve made all these rules I can promise you that they had tried a lot of things and just not told you.

12 Likes

Honestly my mom let me have my bf spend the night at 16. She knew that we were sexually active and made sure I was on the pill… I didn’t get pregnant until I was 23 and married. She taught me how to be responsible, not to be afraid to talk to her

15 Likes

Hell no! I didn’t stay at my parents with my now husband until we got married. Totally inappropriate and if he needs a place to stay different rooms and a discussion about respect is needed.

11 Likes

My son and his gf have been together over 2 years… they stay the night at each other’s houses… I have a very open and honest relationship with him and id rather know he’s home safe then out at some random hotel or friends… plus they’re both 18… they’re amazing hard working young adults and I fully trust them!!

12 Likes

Nope. If she’s still living in your home then it’s your house your rules. If she doesn’t like it then she might want to begin the adulting process and move out. My 26 yr old son moved home in April and he knows not in mom’s house. It’s a respect thing. If you choose to allow him to stay the night have him sleep on the couch or in a guest room but not together and keep your door open so you can hear I if they get sneaky. I put bells on the doors :joy:

9 Likes

When she has her own house he can stay over their … NOT IN YOUR HOME

18 Likes

Boyfriends are not allowed to stay over in my house…age has nothing to do with it.

10 Likes

I’d talk to her about birth control and be totally open to this, they are adults! I’d be happy she felt comfortable to ask

9 Likes

If they are going to do something, they will do it. I say sit down have a heart to heart talk about everything, and your feelings, maybe a open door policy but you can’t watch them all the time. I say be open and honest, plus u need to talk to her period and see if she needs stuff to prevent unwanted babies and stds. Least she is being honest and asking instead of trying to lie and sneak off to stay with him. Least you can keep a somewhat eye on them. I say listen to your gut and how your child is, if she seems responsible then go with your gut. Every child and situation is different, everyone feels different about things so you do how u feel and what’s right for your house and child.

10 Likes

Have a talk about things but NOPE not making a baby in this house, not yet at least, technically she’s an adult so it’s her choice but I’d be really honest about the possible repercussions and how it affected your life. My mom was like that with me, she had me at 16 and always kept me in the loop I understood her struggles so I helped her and we all thrived. I didn’t start having kids till 28-33 and I’m so happy cuz I was able to enjoy my kids cuz I didn’t feel like I was missing out on anything, I had already done it all.
Sorry for the novel lol hope it helps even a little

4 Likes

My boyfriend stayed with me when I was 14. I never had sex until I was 17. And had my oldest son at 25. It just depends on the situation. All in how much you trust your child and her boyfriend.

9 Likes

He can stay over but I would not let them sleep in the same room.

6 Likes

If it makes you uncomfortable than no. The only way I can see her having an argument is if she pays any rent or bills. But if not, your house.

5 Likes

She is your girl, say No & try to make her understand the easiest,the friendly way that this is for her own good. She is too young for that. She needs you,your guidance more than anything else right now ! Hope she will understand your position as a concerned parent.

4 Likes

It’s a hell no for me… my house my rules. Not there yet with my little girl. But we have great open communication. She knows I’ll be tough on her because I was a young mom and would like her to choose a different path. :crossed_fingers:t3:

4 Likes

At 18 she is a Women but if she is living under your Roof then that’s completely your decision only…It comes down to How Well do you think you know your Daughter…Good Luck

4 Likes

Personally I feel they will do it anyways & maybe not in the safest environment so safer for them at home at least you can keep an eye on them & offer advice if needed

6 Likes

Honestly, if she is 18 and respectful I think that this is absolutely fine. They are both adults and if we can remember that far back :joy: being in love is such a wonderful experience. She could be in her own home by now doing anything she wants anyway.
Don’t worry about her repeating the past or falling pregnant, neither of my daughters did thankfully but I get the worry as I had it also.
The reality is, our children are more educated and I think by accepting that she is an adult, in an adult relationship and having an adult conversation is nothing but positive :slightly_smiling_face:
I would rather them in my home than in a car park …

7 Likes

Considering her age and her having enough respect to ask, I would allow it but would require him to sleep on the couch, and her in her room since they are not married and since she still lives under your roof, she would still be required to follow by any rules you set forth.

1 Like

Honestly it depends on the kids. Is your daughter a good kid? Have you had the birth control talk?

She’s 18 you’ve got to let her make her own mistakes. If you tell her no, not til you move out and get your own place, you might push her to get out of the house sooner than you’re both ready. Let her have her boyfriend and still feel like a child. Ask her to respect your house and have the talk with her again. She could get pregnant either way. When I was 18 my mom let my boyfriend stay over sleeping on the couch didn’t change anything, I snuck out of bed and slept on the couch with him, but nothing happened. It all depends on the type of kids they are. They’ve been together 6 months, at least he’s not someone she just met.

1 Like

Honestly it’s really your call.
She’s 18 & she asked you because she clearly values your opinion.

Do you trust her? If so then give her some leeway…

It’s really your call.

When i was 18 my boyfriend & I would get a hotel room for the night. If you don’t want him sleeping over maybe suggest that?

I mean she is 18, but it’s your house.

1 Like

She’s 18 she’s an adult they are most likely already having sex you have to make sure she is educated and practicing safe sex which is a conversation you should of had with her when she was younger. I don’t think 18 is too young she’s an adult and before anyone says no she still lives in her moms house ok and?! I would rather let my child’s bf spend the night at 18 then her want to move out. She’s old enough to have her freedom let her be.

1 Like

As a 20 year old living at my parents place still I don’t think you should let him stay over. It’s a respect thing. Maybe just how I was raised though

1 Like

Your house your rules…I would not encourage it with my daughter out of respect for me. But she is probably doing it behind your back. Which I’d make sure she is well educated in birth control and having a baby at a young age I was 17 when I had my first one. Life changing for sure…pray a lot

That’s a tough one. These days I would say yes. Try to voice your opinion of safe sex, and hope they listen. We were all young and if you want it to happen it will. But it’s a tough question to answer. It has its positive but also negative

1 Like

When she is old enough and mature enough to get her own place then she can have whomever she wants spend the night, until then I wouldn’t allow it. Also, you might want to consider getting her on birth control if she is sexually active, which it sounds like she is. If she is already having sex then not allowing the boyfriend to stay the night won’t protect her from getting pregnant.

3 Likes

No! Until your married your not sleeping with my daughter under my roof! Get your own place, pay your own bill and as you wish.

4 Likes

Do not do it! I lost my virginity way too early at 14 and that was with my mother excluding him from our household. Even if he stays over and sleep elsewhere, they will find a way.

2 Likes

My mom wouldn’t let me have anyone other than my best friend over every night, even after I hit a certain age and I wasn’t even living with her after I turned 18. It’s just a matter of respect… Im married and have 2 kids with the man I was dating at 17 years old and we still cant even hug or have any kind of PDA under her roof, even if it is just a hug. I never thought of it as an issue at 17-18 years old… But my girls are only 2 and 4 and I can honestly say they will have many of the same rules that I grew up with… It’s a different world now than it was when I was young, but if the child has morals and values, and love/respect for herself and her family, she will respect the boundaries set for her one day.

I’d let him stay over. They’re 18. Thats an adult. If they want to have sex, they could do it anywhere. You not letting him stay there is not going to stop them from doing it. Just be honest as open with your daughter. The more understanding you are and the more open, the more responsible she actually will be.

1 Like

I had my kid 3 months before I turned 18 but he wasn’t conceived in my parents house, honestly I was to nervous to have sex in my parents house. Of course the rule was always the door stays open

1 Like

Honestly my mom allowed my boyfriend to stay over since I was 15 but separated rooms… yes I got pregnant but that was running away and sneaking off to a party and unfortunately sleeping with my best friend but not once did I disrespect my mom and her rules of her letting my boyfriend stay at my house

1 Like

Its inappropriate. That said if you choose to say yes, he can sleep in the living room. Sure, babies can be made in living rooms too…but yeah. Shes 18. Its inappropriate and not unreasonable for you to say no. It’s not being overprotective. It’s being a parent. I have 4 daughters. Not 18 years old…but we openly communicate as I never had that with my mom…so i am praying it helps when they are teenagers!! Good luck!

I don’t know what’s funnier about this… the fact that most comments are arguing if the bf doesn’t stay still she moves out it means no sex or that once she’s moved out and he does stay that pregnancy young still isn’t a possibility? Like? Regardless of where it happens sex can and does lead to pregnancy. Forcing her to wait till she’s older doesn’t mean that he’ll be responsible? or that she will? But treating them both like they’re 10 is a sure fire way of forcing them together… trust me.

2 Likes

If she pays to live with u like rent or bills or buys food for the home then she is a adult living in your home. Either tell her to move out on her own or if u dont want her to then let her be a adult and make her own choices. Now if she does not pay for any of the things above then its your house your rules.

1 Like

She’s technically an adult… but it is technically mom’s house. She’ll do what she wants anyway because she’s 18… but why make it easier?
18 just means there are more consequences, not that she’ll be mature enough to handle it. If she is… then she’s mature enough to work and buy her own house.

1 Like

That’s a tough one and I don’t know the right answer. My mum fell pregnant with my brother at that age and she repeatedly yet politely asked me to be very careful not to do the same. She kept asking/saying, just make it into your 20s and love them (the dad). If I didn’t like the boyfriend I’d say no and that I wasn’t comfortable but I honestly don’t know how I’d respond in reality.
If it makes you feel any better, I asked my mum the same question at 19. That man is now my wonderful husband and 20yrs later we have a 5yr old.

Honestly, i moved out of my parents house when i was 18, right after i graduated high school. I was educated enough to know how to protect myself, i knew what caused babies and i knew how to prevent it. I didnt have my first until i was 21, had my own place, a job, i took care of myself at 18. If your worried, make sure she knows how to protect herself.
It is your house, at the end of the day. And its your choice to allow it or not to.
She will do as she wants, being an adult. But if you dont feel comfortable dont allow it. Follow your mama gut, its there for a reason.

I think if she’s responsible and respectable enough to ask then I wouldn’t worry about them having sex under your roof. If it’s about sex they will sneak around and do it regardless. I think with you knowing he is there they will be expecting you to be checking up on them. If you feel like you trust them I would say go for it but I would also ask his parents if they are okay with it. That way if something were to happen you don’t look like the parent that is encouraging something they don’t agree with.

1 Like

I have never been in this position as my kiddo’s are little still but if I were approached with the same question I would first ask myself if I trust my daughter? And furthermore I wpuld rather her be at home where she is safe then out god knows where doing what ever. Atleast she has the respect to ask if her bf can stay over. I doubt their plan is to get busy if she is asking if he is allowed to spend the night

For all the people saying she’s “an adult” & that she’s probably having sex already and that mom should allow him to stay. My thoughts aren’t so much focused on those facts but more so on the RESPECT factor, or lack there of. If you want to sleep with your bf, go to a hotel, live on your own etc. but have respect for momma’s house!!

It’s your home and you set the precedence for whats to come. If you let him stay over once, plan on letting him do it whenever they want. I have an almost 18 year old and 2 kids younger than her and this is something I wouldn’t allow in my home, but you need to decide what works best for your family.

1 Like

Nope!!! I see ppl stating she’s an adult but who’s house is it? Moms house, moms rules! If she’s an adult she can rent a motel!! Ppl have no standards these days. I never condoned shake ups in my home. My adult kids knew NOT in my house. U owe her no talking to either it’s a simple No… I would’ve never disrespected my parents home and I didn’t feel entitled or owed anything. That’s why I dated first then got married at 18 and we got our own place… There’s nothing wrong with having Morals…

1 Like

I let my daughters boyfriend stay over. I took her bedroom door tho and I also put her on bc at 17. I’m so glad she asked and didn’t try to sneak around. I kept the trust between us by allowing him over.
Her friends sneak around because they’re parents say No. I think some leniency should be allowed to build trust. My opinion anyway

1 Like

Nooooo… boundaries are always best! You know what sleeping over means… if not now when. It’s OK to wait

5 Likes

That’s a no no no your house is not a hotel both of them need to respect, maybe visit her yes bt staying over please

2 Likes

allow it but have your set boundries , your house your rules , otherwise she may start being sneaky n stuff behind your back, it is the inevitable , you just wish the safest of sex encourage contraception ect support her

1 Like

She Is 18 she is an adult she can and will do what she wants. Remind her of protection if she isnt on birth control get it for her. Tell her you want to meet him first. Talk to them both. Set rules. Dont be over bearing. Remember you got pregnant at 18. think about how your parents where and be different. You want her to trust you. So just listen and understand.

If she’s asking they are already doing the deed. Id let him stay, then I know she isn’t being hurt. Safe at home . Talk and be honest with her. I took my daughters to get bc when they asked. You just can’t make them “not do it “ that’s just naive.

I would NOT have accurate advice for you based on being a mother, as I’m a mother of three boys. From the standpoint of being a daughter and young once (:rofl:) I’m sure the daughter would appreciate the opportunity to show she can be responsible and have them sleep in separate rooms. In all honesty most teens have sex at a younger age than 18 (not all of course, so no backlash pls). If she hasn’t had sex yet and is that responsible, I wouldn’t see her having sex with her parents under the same roof. (Also not saying kids that have had sex are not responsible). You know your dtr, do you have trust in her? If there isn’t trust, I’d say no. Also, I’d make sure to have a really clear communication of expectations from both kids and the boys parents.

She’s 18 with him for 6 months , no doubt about it their already having sex. Even if they deny, you know how hormones are. Only way you can make sure she doesn’t have a baby is put her on birth control. But she’s an adult, plus it’s your house so she should respect that if you don’t want him over. My only advice is be careful who you let in your house during this time (covid reasons). Don’t know where they have been or who they have been in contact with.

My boyfriend(before we were married) came on vacation with my family. So did my sister’s. We were not allowed to stay in the same room. We respected my parents wishes, and still had fun. We were required to keep our bedroom doors open when we had opposite sex friends over. I see nothing wrong with saying no. Your house, your rules. Sure, they can do whatever, but doesn’t have to be in your house.

She’s 18 and in the UK is considered an adult so personally I don’t understand why this is even a question. :joy:

3 Likes