My boyfriend and his girl best friend and went on a trip without me

I just need to make sure I am not over reacting. My boyfriend has had a girl best friend for 3 years before I came in the picture. They went on a trip this weekend and he’s been taking forever to reply he’s a bad responder but worse then normal. I’ve expressed my concerns and doesn’t seem to care. I don’t know her all that well and I try to respect their friendship but I feel like a boundary is being crosse here. Am I wrong or should I trust him

695 Likes

If you are feeling this way then you already know… women’s intuition is strong. Men and women can not be friends without 1 catching feelings… it never leads to anything good … don’t be a fool… move on so they can get married and you can find someone worthy of you.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My boyfriend and his girl best friend and went on a trip without me - Mamas Uncut

So many red flags here all I can see is red.

27 Likes

I guess it is not his best friend. He’s :duck: both of you.

3 Likes

Unacceptable! My boyfriend isn’t going alone on any trip with any female. Without me. Idc if they were friends before :slightly_smiling_face:

20 Likes

He’s not your boyfriend he’s her’s

19 Likes

Having friends of the opposite sex is normal but going on a trip alone with that friend is NOT normal.

2 Likes

Girl no he doesn’t care about your feeling or making you feel secure tf how old are you guys??

2 Likes

Yep red flags ^ also if they’re supposedly best friends you should have definitely gotten to know her well especially if they went on vacation together…. Which should have never happened in the first place

7 Likes

Ya…that definitely wouldn’t work for me. I’m all fine with them being friends but a weekend away with her…hahahaha yeah…NO!!!

6 Likes

When you figure out your the side chick :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

If you’ve expressed how you feel and he doesn’t care, why do you? Don’t allow yourself to be disrespected when he has made it clear he doesn’t care.

2 Likes

I would not be okay with that. I get being friends with someone sure but to take trip without you? No

3 Likes

Yeah might as well dump him he a dog

1 Like

This is a hard no for me. I’d ghost him from this point onward. No explanation necessary. Hope it was worth it buddy. Bye! :wave:

11 Likes

Why would you ever allow him to go on a trip like that with another women…

3 Likes

No you are not wrong. Is it ok he has a girl best friend and they are close - yes BUT there is a level of respect that needs to be maintained ! And your feelings should be taken serious.

Personally my husband wouldn’t go on a trip alone with a girl- not that I don’t trust him but he wouldn’t want me going with a guy friend - it’s a mutual respect thing

3 Likes

The issue isn’t the trip. The issue is you have a boundary that you feel is being crossed and he’s not respectful of.

For me, if my husband can’t respect my boundaries (vice versa) we have huge problems.

6 Likes

That’s not cool, I would be upset too. My best friend is a man, we’ve been friends for 7 years but I would never go on a trip with him without my husband with me.

6 Likes

He’s an adult, not your property and he is certainly allowed to have friends and do things without you.
Why don’t you try to get to know her? That is his friend

1 Like

She’s his gf not you…sorry but no man would do that if he had the right intentions with you.

6 Likes

Ma’am, you are the side piece.

5 Likes

All I read was my boyfriend is getting sloppy toppy from his girl best friend

9 Likes

Leave the dude. Not worth your time.

1 Like

Red flags red flags red flags!!!

3 Likes

I may get back lash for this- however my husband is, not going on vacation with another female without me :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2: id never go with another man, without him. That’s crossing a line to me. You are definitely not over reacting at all. I’d leave as soon as he’d even attempt that.

24 Likes

Guys always want their girl best friend.

5 Likes

He obviously doesn’t care about your feelings. Sounds like he cares way more for her than he does for you.

And no. Never a good idea.

3 Likes

If you don’t trust him he deserves for you to let him go

1 Like

If she’s his best friend how do you not know her

11 Likes

That’s a major red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: if you have a gut feeling that you can’t trust him, leave now. End it and move on. If he has any respect for you, he would include you with his best friend.

10 Likes

there needs to be better communication for the two of you…have you met her and tried to get to know her? dont jump to conclusions…watch jealous feelings…they cause a lot of damage

I think it can go both ways… if she was his best friend before you, you knew they were close.
If you trust him, then it shouldn’t be an issue. If you don’t then that’s another story

1 Like

Nope sounds fishy to me. Especially the fact that you don’t know her & they just go off on there own. Not okay.

1 Like

If anyone crosses your boundaries that make you feel uncomfortable that is the priority at this point. Do what you do when someone crosses your boundary I hope it’s something like drawing a line maybe leaving that dumbass. Most importantly don’t forget to learn the lesson in this Cheers :clinking_glasses:

Nah I’d be pissed to be honest!!!

2 Likes

Put your clown nose on.

6 Likes

I would remove myself and let them continue their relationship.

15 Likes

If you can trust him…why not? If its strictly platonic, I wouldn’t see anything wrong with it! I would think only insecure, jealous women would say everything other than have a good time!

1 Like

Who’s gonna tell her?

10 Likes

Pack all yours stuff and be gone by the time he comes back

6 Likes

A true best friend would want to get to know you as well. The fact that you dont is a big red flag.

18 Likes

It’s time to make him an ex

3 Likes

Once you have a girlfriend all trips stop

4 Likes

That’s weird, seems like you’re the side chick tbh

6 Likes

Ummm no. I’ve had a male friend who I’ve never touched besides a friendly hug since I was 15 and I am now 32. When we were both single we go get our nails done, go out to eat alone, hanging out in the evening etc. one of us is in a relationship that stopped because…respect! We both respect our friends relationship. Both of us are engaged now. Neither of us would ever take a trip to see the other (we live in different states) without their s/o let alone just a vacation. Even if nothing is going on, that’s disrespectful.

4 Likes

Flip the fu*k out. This ain’t cool at all. Friends or not this is a get away trip.

They’re having sex. Move on, babes!!! You’re better than all that!!

Boundaries are being crossed. Big time

1 Like

They humping I said what I said

2 Likes

How long have you been together? For you to not know the best friend? If you weren’t invited thats kinda weird but who’s to say :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

There isn’t a lot to go by in this post. But I’ll give it a shot.

If he hasn’t given you a reason to not trust him, then just trust him. If she was his best friend before you came in the picture and she still hung around after y’all got together then she is his best friend. If you have met her in the three years y’all have been together then I would trust that she really is his best friend, but if he hasn’t even introduced y’all or y’all haven’t “hung” out with each other, then I would say there may be room for worry.
If he acts completely different when he comes back from his trip with her, then I may question if they fooled around on their trip. I hope this gives some insight

For one let’s say you had a boy best friend before him would he allow you to go on a trip alone probably not!! But if it was my man nope he should be planning trips with you!! How long have you been dating?

Um you’re kidding right? There is no reason your boyfriend should be going away with a girl on their own!

3 Likes

See this is a fact guys can have lady friends and not be interested in anything else……

My best friend is a straight man, we have been besties for 15 years… when we hangout I’m not checking my phone as much.

Let them enjoy the trip and limit your contact to once or twice a day so he can enjoy the trip. You’ll hear about it when they get back and if anything concerning DOES happen, it will eventually come out.

Harassment has no place in a trusting and healthy relationship.

2 Likes

Men and woman can be friends. They were friends first so if u trust them and get no vibes more than that ok but if not I would step back and realize this isn’t the one

2 Likes

Personally I think that would even make any woman doubt their man.

6 Likes

Okay, who is gonna tell her ? :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Nope sorry not me. Both he and the bestie should actually give a crap how you feel.

9 Likes

I was in a situation like this before. Run. It’s exactly what it looks like.

3 Likes

Nahhhh. Run while you can.

Nothing wrong with a “girl best friend,” but a trip alone… without you… or, anyone else you mentioned… um….

So…if you don’t mind the asking… why didn’t you go too?

14 Likes

My guy best friend is a huge part of my life. That’s the first person anyone I’ve dated has met. Always will be. His gf and I became pretty good friends too. Because we are both in his life. No way no how.

1 Like

Oof…sounds as if it’s more than just friends🤷🏼‍♀️ I’d have snuck in his bags before he left😂

Wait…he went away for the weekend with a girl that’s his "best friend " helllll nooooo. That’s not right on so many levels

3 Likes

I don’t need a boyfriend that bad

1 Like

Dude, that’s f****** weird

Best friends with benefits. Let them have each other. It’s not like they are going to be honest with you.

1 Like

Baby that’s not a best friend that’s his other woman

3 Likes

I’m all for my man having lady friends but as far as going away on a trip with them without me going that’s a red flag to me anyway.

2 Likes

Leave that girl’s man alone.

2 Likes

It’s ok that he has a girl.best friend but a trip without you that is crosses boundaries I think they hiding something from you I think you need to go ahead and take yourself out of the situation . If he truly loved and cared about your feelings he would totally not take a woman on another trip

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have that :frowning:

Oh no baby let that man go. If she was just his friend, she would want to know you. She also wouldn’t go on a trip with him alone which is superrrrrrrrr weird.

2 Likes

Nope. You deserve better then that

If you have to ask then you already know the answer hun. That is bad energy and definitely a crossed line

3 Likes

U create your own boundaries. You know this isn’t okay. Idc if they’re a really hooking up or not. He’s disrespecting u in so many ways taking another women on a private trip. I’m sorry that’s not okay I wouldn’t put up with that

2 Likes

Girl you are getting played right in front of your face!!

5 Likes

If you are uncomfortable - it’s a problem. He should at least be doing things to make you feel more secure and comfortable.

2 Likes

You already expressed your concern and he didnt care. If its ok for him to have a woman friend then I would suggest making a guy friend and going on a trip too. See how that makes him feel. Sometimes ppl need a taste of their own medicine.

3 Likes

Um no. yes he cAn have “girl” friends but going on a trip without u I would not accept. Did he even invite u atleast? My ass would be going on a trip with my guy friend and see how he likes it

I think I would get a boyfriend that was happy with just me. I would not stay in that relationship.

3 Likes

Real question is does she know about you?

1 Like

You dont know his female best friend?? Lmfaooooo RUN

4 Likes

A girl friend is one thing. Going on a trip with you being excluded is a huge red flag.

4 Likes

Just leave… He’s playing you for a fool and got you believing that she’s just a friend. Why isn’t he taking you on this trip and not her? Again just leave… you deserve better

2 Likes

:sob::sob::joy::joy: nah that is not a girl “best friend”

5 Likes

Hes on a vacation. He’s probably enjoying the trip.

3 Likes

Omfg NO. Big fat fuckin NOPE.

Suné Elizabeth Compaan

1 Like

My boyfriend and his girl “friend “spent her birthday together both of them turned their phones off when I called ,when he got home he was messaging ,then she returned my missed call hmmmm I don’t trust such friendships something is amiss

1 Like

Why weren’t you invited. Sounds like he has his own group of friends and you’re not included. NO RESPECT. He’s only your boyfriend when it convenient for him. Drop him like a hot potato! :roll_eyes::potato:

Gtfo run as far as you can! What man goes on a vacay with another woman

3 Likes

I have had a male best friend forever so yes he can have a female best friend and it be nothing but friends but that’s where ur trust comes in at

My man would never put me in a position to wonder. If he didn’t invite me or include me he wouldn’t go all on his own without saying.

4 Likes

No, do not trust him guys are like that

Oh geez… Let’s see would he be ok if you went on a trip with your best boy “friend”? I’m gonna have to say NO!

Did they ask you to go or did you ask if you could go?

1 Like