My boyfriend is trying to pressure me to get married

He’s a dud not a dude. Lives with his parents and has no car. No wonder he’s in a hurry to marry. He’s a deadbeat. Ditch him

5 Likes

Run…first word that came to mind …sorry

3 Likes

Id run as fast as I can from that shit… nope nope nope! Bye!!!

He’s looking for a mommy! :running_woman::running_woman::running_woman:

3 Likes

Major red flags here, leave and don’t look back

3 Likes

I too, didn’t read the whole thing. He’s still at home and no money but wants kids? :triangular_flag_on_post: I would say Bye fast!!

3 Likes

I swear people make these stories up! Who would even question staying with a man who acts like this?!?

1 Like

You more that tik tok with the fast paced music and all they say is “run”? I was singing/playing that in my head as I was reading your post. Way too soon imo, I agree with you, he needs to get his life together first, and clearly he’s being selfish if he’s trying to push for things you’re not ready for them says he doesn’t want to fight when you try to explain your wants/needs and feelings to him. Run girl… as fast as you can. Trust me when I say… that’s just the top of this ice burg!

3 Likes

How’s that song go by TLC… no, I don’t want no scrubs… a scrub is a guy (you just described) :sweat_smile::sob:. Move on! :triangular_flag_on_post:

3 Likes

Narcissistic red flags

2 Likes

Stay single!!! Trust your gut! LIVES WITH PARENTS STILL AT 30 SOMETHING AND NO CAR!!! NO RESPONSIBILITIES WHAT SO EVER IN THIS GUY…SEND HIM RUNNING BACK TO MOMMY AND DADDY AND YOU KEEP ON KEEPING ON WITH YOUR DREAMS…

4 Likes

Marriage does not ask one spouse to give up everything to please the other -
I’d sure find someone new; that and he still lives with his parents?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Not for you. Let him go

1 Like

Girl no…chase your dreams FIRST!! If he waits for you great…if not his loss!

1 Like

:running_woman: :running_woman: :running_woman: :running_woman: run like the wind and dont look back

1 Like

Red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: big time !!!

1 Like

You. Should. Run.
Literally all I hear in this is what he wants. You clearly don’t or you’d have done it already. So many red flags with this one.

3 Likes

Think of it this way…
If he wants children and marriage so badly, you sticking around will ultimately stop his goals. Let the man go find someone who wants that in that short of a time frame.

3 Likes

You have not invested in this relationship yet. You got a good head or your shoulders. You are a logical thinker , and you are able to see red flags and understand these intentions sound weary.

Please find someone who is on the same wavelength as you. Who can contribute to your relationship, provide support to your business, and grow together.

Anything less, you are cutting yourself short and soon will be a victim.

3 Likes

I think if you cut your losses now, you’ll still have time to find a real man.

That sounds like a snare trap, if I ever heard of one.

There are so many reasons to run. But if you can find a good enough reason to stay, that’s your decision. Just think about this: you’re already questioning the relationship, and you’ve only been seeing him for a month.

4 Likes

Gurl… all the red flags are smacking you in the face :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

5 Likes

I don’t know if this is legitimate or not.I don’t know if it’s pathetic or laughable. Maybe both !!! I didn’t even read the entire post !!! I got to the part of him living with his parents and not having a job… GOOD GRIEF woman - think about it !!! He wants YOU to be his ticket out !!! Think about what YOU have that is appealing to him !!! Perhaps you have your own home… you have an income, some type of financial support. HE thinks ALL HE has to do is charm you- confess HIS love for YOU !!! Tell him he is moving way too fast !! ASK yourself why is he SO desperate???
He seems controlling and self centered IF he shuts you down and wont hear your logic/ thoughts. WHY consider a relationship/ marriage when communicating is THE most important aspect of it and he is NOT hearing you at all ???
Duhhhhh, anything is better for him than where HE IS NOW girl !!! Wait for a MAN that has had ambition and HAS something to show for it !!! You don’t deserve to be ANYONEs meal ticket !!! Wake up , smell the coffee…don’t be flattered by him wanting to marry you !!!
Wait for a man who brings stability to your future bc he all ready has his own girl …

2 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: run away :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

2 Likes

All he wants is to live off of you.And he would be very controling.Your life would be miserable.Please take the advice of most of the people on here.Gaint Red Flag.Run while you can.

5 Likes

There is a problem here. Still lives with parents, no car, no money?? Where does his money go?? He has no responsibilities. I think I would keep looking and show this guy the door. To be the age he is and has nothing is a real problem. You have goals for yourself and don’t let him change them. He is not for you in my opinion.

3 Likes

You already know what you need to do. You need to pursue your dreams and happiness first. He is not putting your wants and needs first. Just his. Also sounds like he wants to get married because your his ticket to get out of his parents house. How do you live with your parents and work for them but don’t have a car? He sounds very immature and there is obviously a reason while he is single with no kids.

6 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:
I have to say I stopped reading after a paragraph or so because this is a HUGE RED FLAG! Like, my Adrenaline is pumping screaming RUN :running_woman: as fast as you can!

1. Pressuring marriage after 30 days…you haven’t even BEEN TOGETHER that whole time!
  2. Works for his parents or mooching off his parents?!?!
  3. Lives with his parents.
  4. Doesn’t have a car.
  5. Attitude when you are being reasonable and logical? Ummm. No.

Let me tell you, he wants your assets, a free place to live and someone to pay his way. He doesn’t want a wife.
He wants kids because then you are STUCK with him.

You have things going for you…starting your own business. Independent living and being self sufficient, why would you want to saddle yourself with a manipulative man-child freeloader who has no ambition to make something of himself?

Mr Right is there, don’t settle for less than a good man who doesn’t have red flags. Love does NOT conquer all! You can’t love him into what you want him to be.

Make a list of the characteristics and attributes you want in a man. I guarantee this dude isn’t it.

4 Likes

Run far away. PLEASE

3 Likes

Your thoughts and needs aren’t, unfortunately, on the same page…

Maybe he doesn’t want to be an old man when he has kids? Your clocks ticking too…You don’t have much time either if you’re in your 30’s. After 35, problems in fetuses can appear like down syndrome for one. But whatever. It doesn’t sound like you are ready so just tell him that.

1 Like

Way too soon! You guys have different goals. Don’t do it!! He doesn’t sound like a good catch. He needs to get his shit together. What are you supposed to move in with his parents too and take the bus? Nope!!

run run and when your done running run some more

4 Likes

Why are women getting so more and more un intelligent to the point where they even have to ask questions like this :woozy_face::woozy_face::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Run far away sis. You don’t have to explain to him why you don’t want to get married right now! It honestly sounds like he’s after more than marriage it sounds like he wants the physical benefits of marriage.

What is the other side of this story! I’m sure it’s not all what she is saying. What’s his opinion on this!

1 Like

He’s showing you his true colors, if you don’t like it now, you won’t like it after marriage. Decide what you want and tell him, if he doesn’t like it move on. It’s only been a month, you don’t have to stick with it, and have heard nothing about loving each other. I’d leave… BTW-I’ve been single for much longer, it’s worth being single forever than being trapped in a relationship.

2 Likes

That wouldn’t fly for with me either. Those are alot of red flags.

TRUST YOURSELF! And there’s nothing wrong with using your head. He just doesn’t like the fact that you are.

1 Like

Honestly why is this even a question? GTFO

1 Like

The purpose of courtship is getting to know each other better. Know yourself and be true to yourself. Problems begin when one wishes to change the other one. Walk wisely through this journey.

1 Like

I feel Ike I just wasted my time reading this :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of red flags. Don’t do it.

All this drama after ONLY 1 month!!! Run like hell, girl!! So sorry — This will not have a happy ending!!

2 Likes

In my opinion he doesn’t sound like he is the one for you good things comes to those who wait maybe your knight in shining armor is just around the corner I say follow your gut instinct that will never steer you wrong

1 Like

Ew no! Run! Now! Toxic and psychotic written all over this!

3 Likes

Eww sounds like a toxic psycho!! Run away!!

1 Like

The red flags are waving all over!! First off, he is saying the marriage thing because he thinks you will sleep with him. This is scary though. Who would want to move in with someone after a month. It sounds like you both want opposite things. Runnnnn!!!

1 Like

Don’t collect red flags :triangular_flag_on_post: run :running_woman:

3 Likes

You’ve hung out twice but he wants to push marriage and kids… :woozy_face: tf?

5 Likes

Yeah he’s going way too fast. He’s a walking red flag.

3 Likes

For only a month this is crazy… :scissors::scissors:

3 Likes

Girl!! RUN! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! if hes like this now it’s only going to get worse

5 Likes

No ma’am. Run! He’s wanting kids and marriage and doesn’t even have his own shit together. He sounds like he’s wanting out of his parents house but still wants to be taken care of like a child. RUN!! GHOST HIM! you don’t live in the same town, so it should be pretty easy

Stand your ground, it is your life, fear for your happiness and future. Best of luck. Ellie

Why you with him in the first place, lives with parents, has no car or probably license, works for parents but has no money, in a rush to get married my god are you dumb or just plain stupid

8 Likes

I think he’s trying to guilt trip you. I think you should stick to your gut.

1 Like

I stopped reading, after I seen he still lived with his parents and has no car. I think he needs to work on himself first, you have busted ass and shouldn’t risking it for a boy. Tell him when his big boy stuff is in order to give you a ring! Don’t fall for his mess!

Narcissist!!! Regular guys don’t ask you to marry them after that little time! Believe me! Run!!! Sounds like you’re working on starting a business & you’re a strong woman… Typical prey of a narcissist!
Don’t panic about time, years, age… with love! Don’t settle just because you don’t want to be alone. Love finds you when you’re not looking for it… True love is love that grows… it doesn’t happen in two dates!
If you aren’t ready to get married, don’t get married!
I wish I’d have stayed away from my ex completely & never knew narcissistic abuse! Why I’m giving you this advice in hopes to save someone else’s life!

1 Like

Woofff run and don’t you dare look back!

RUN, Girl, RUUUUUNNNN!!

So basically he lives with his mom and doesn’t have a car and he thinks he’s ready for kids? :joy: what a joke

3 Likes

My fiance knew he wanted to marry me after the first 3 months of being together and we aren’t married yet and when I got with him 2 weeks after he quit his job and was unemployed for a few months till he found another neither one of us had good financing. He lived with his friend and I loved with my mom and now its been 3 years and we have a house new cars and together we both have 3 kids him one and me 2 from previous relationships. Id talk to him and ask him why he wants to rush it. And if u like him then talk to him and when he cops an attitude id say to him what his reasoning for his attitude is. Twll him you wanna do things when ur ready and yall need to be on the same page. I look for answers before I decide on things and my ex was a narcissist like bad one and this seems extreme unless he’s celibate too and doesn’t wanna be the 40 yr old Virginia and thats why he’s rushing

Needs further checking out. Symptoms are not looking good.

RUN… RUN RUN something isn’t right I feel it in ur post

1 Like

Run, don’t walk, away. You’ve only been together for a month, barely see each other, and he wants marriage? He wants you to quit everything and move to him when he lives with his parents? Where does he expect you to live?! Is he expecting you to also live with his parents. This whole situation is soooo many red flags. Also, saying you want it to work because you’re tired of being single is ALSO a red flag. You’re settling. Don’t.

2 Likes

Don’t change your ways. Open up your business and do what you want first if it’s meant to be he will be there when you are ready.

You said yourself that he doesn’t consider your dreams, he just wants you to fall in to HIS plans. You need to get away from this guy! I know it’s not fun being single, but if you stay with him, I think you’re going to be living his dreams by supporting him and doing what he wants. You have your life planned out in a very good way, so please don’t let him take over and mess things up! It’s way to early to be talking about a baby! Get rid of this guy now!

1 Like

Girl he isn’t worth the shot. Hes in his late 30s and lives with his parents and doesn’t have a car… And he’s trying to get laid and is not trying whatsoever so be like an actual partner. Leave now imp

2 Likes

All these are Warming Signs! DON’T Do it!!! :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

Painting a pretty picture for people to see is awesome, if it stays in a pretty frame! Think about it!

1 Like

This is quite the bouquet of red flags!
You’ve been single for 8 years, so you know the value of being alone & keeping your heart on safety.
Now that your dating, you need to assess the value of others & have the patience to wait for sensible people.
It seems all he has to offer is some poverty peen :eggplant: :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Girl, just stay you. Let him go.

Get out now before it goes any further

1 Like

I can’t even finish reading this…

It don’t sound good I would

2 Likes

Whoa! SLOW DOWN! There are so many things that need to happen first. The biggest one is him being on his own. That alone will take time. #2. You are just starting a business. That is a big step. You need to get yourself stable with that. Get to know each other first. One month isn’t very long. Let yourselves have fun dating.

2 Likes

Red flags galore :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: run, run as far away from this guys as you possibly can.

1 Like

Run as fast as you can!! Don’t look back.

1 Like

Is there any love involved in this at all

1 Like

Run. Run as far away from this man as you possibly can. I basically could have written this minus the single 8yrs prior part. I ended up moving halfway across the country with the guy after we’d only known each other for a month and a half. Got engaged, got pregnant. I miscarried (in hindsight it honestly was probably for the best), dude turns out to be certifiably crazy, his family is as toxic as they come. Had to have my family send me funds to help me get back across the country to get home, lived with my family for a while to get back on my feet. It was a whole mess. He threatened to come find me, his family harassed me for a long time. It was a dumpster fire.

3 Likes

The fact that you are not sure about him run and don’t stop

1 Like

Back out now! He will only get worse with the attitude and will by controlling you. Don’t do it!

1 Like

So, you’ve seen each other twice and he’s talking about marriage and children? This isn’t normal at all.

3 Likes

R. U. N.
He’s shown you who he is so please don’t waste any more time on him.

1 Like

Run fast as you can!!

What advice are you seriously looking for?! Sheesh. I think some of you post for attention.

2 Likes

You both have issues :triangular_flag_on_post:

Girl…you in danger…run…

2 Likes

Run for the hills really think about it still with parents in his 30s not respecting your trying to start a business I wish u luck

My ex not drinking also dreamy sweet and kind I married him then saw true darkness like I have never known please refrain these are true red flags

1 Like

It sounds like you see the red flags, but are trying to justify them.
I would have ran the other way if a man in his late 30’s that lives with his parents and doesn’t drive, who also is tight on money, tried to date me… Let alone proposed marriage a month in.

1 Like

Don’t do it , it’s best for him to man up and get his own ride and and his own place … You take care of you first , take care of your business …

You still have time to meet other men that don’t live with there parents and has there own ride . You still have time to have kids to , don’t let no man pressure you are guilt trip you into moving in are marrying him … blessings

3 Likes

If this is life with him after one month, forget it. This is supposed to be the honeymoon period.

1 Like

Didn’t read it all. I read enough to know you need to drop this boy like a hot rock…

4 Likes

In my opinion date him for 2/3 years 1st…that’s red flag crap to be honest…that’s not ok after that long…you guys know nothing about each other in that time…

1 Like

Love bombing. Look it up.

Way too many red flags, you are worthy of someone that treats you like a princess.

2 Likes

Yeah. He’s trying to manipulate you into getting control over you. It’s because you’re strong willed. Stay away from him. Please.

2 Likes

So it sounds like he wants to marry him, put you in the baby trap and take care if him and his finances while being his personal chauffeur

2 Likes

You never mentioned being in love with him. So why on earth would you marry him? He is using you as an escape from his life of living with his parents etc. Honestly, you can’t be this stupid?! You met twice?

4 Likes

He can’t even take care of himself.

3 Likes