My boyfriend takes the wifi cord with him to work: What can I do?

Have anywhere to go? If you do, leave. I was in the same kind of relationship. I left. Get a job and find the programs to help pay for childcare, or if you have family that can help until you are able to handle it on your own.
If you refuse to leave, then still get a job and pay the babysitter yourself. Find someone who will work with you until you get your first paycheck.
I was in your shoes once. I met my now husband after leaving.

3 Likes

Ma’am. This is abuse.

2 Likes

Thats nor a give take relationship. Stop cleaning and cooking. Tell him to pay you hrly like a cleaner. Plus washing what do you mean like a laundry matt?

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: girl run like the wind! That’s financial abuse and where there’s financial abuse physical and mental are sure to follow. Praying for you!

2 Likes

Ummmm…this screams abuse. Run.

1 Like

Ummmm if him hiding the cord isn’t enough for you to wake up and see the mental abuse he is utilizing to control you. I don’t know what will.

4 Likes

I couldn’t even stomach to read all of that. Unfortunately our words won’t mean much if you aren’t ready so I’m sending healing vibes you find the strength you need.

Leave… that’s no relationship that’s him trying to control you. Idc what he pays nobody should be telling you what you are allowed to do or not do. Run and run fast

2 Likes

Run , do not walk away from this control freak before things get even worse,you deserve so much better!

1 Like

What a loser! (Him) there are men out there who will treat you so much better. Run

Girl :triangular_flag_on_post:!!! That’s too much! Idk how you’re still there! Take your baby and go.

1 Like

You are 100% in an abusive relationship and I highly suggest leaving asap

4 Likes

So… you’re a live in maid and babysitter??? Unpaid maid at that. Why are you staying??? Time to quietly gather some money and make an exit plan. Are there friends or relatives who can rescue you ?? Call the courts and set up child support. Leave before he hurts you… or the child.

1 Like

Do not pass go, do not collect $200, just get the fuck out yesterday.

Ok so I know that everyone is just saying get out. I do agree. Let me explain why though instead of just saying leave. When abuse starts you do not always realize it. It is small things. Making you feel like things are your fault. They make you crave the attention they give because it come so little. They start isolating you from friends and family. They make you rely on them financially. They make you feel like you are crazy for thinking they are in the wrong about anything. So by the time it is to the point you have described, it is already quite bad. You need to seek help from an outside source to see what your options are. I know that leaving is hard! But I promise you it is so worth it! I know when people say leave it is not always easy to do beacuse of finances or living situations. But there are people and places that can help. It helped me to remember that my kids would see that growing up and think it was normal. If it isnt acceptable for them to be treated that way when they grow up then I did not want them watching it growing up. Now married to a fantastic man who treats me like a Queen! But the leaving at first was so hard! Mine started just mental and emotional then continued till it became physical. You can always pm me if you need to talk!

7 Likes

run fast he is not the one for you that is mental abuse

1 Like

That’s not someone you want to be with you guys have a kid together and he treating you like that

1 Like

He sounds toxic. Grab your kid and run! Trust me, it won’t get any better!

2 Likes

Financial abuse is a real thing. Leave

2 Likes

My husband said buy a new cord & get rid of the whole boyfriend.

4 Likes

Dump his ass. Girl get tou a job and leave

Please leave hun​:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: he’s financial abuse all abuse along with narcissists. Get out find someone you trust that can help you. Please keep us updated and stay safe. Do what you got to do to get out before it’s to late.!

2 Likes

I’d. Be taking the kid and move out. If house is yours then his things would be in the yard and locks changed… I wouldn’t put up being treated like that

1 Like

This is financial abuse. And it’s so wrong

1 Like

You’re in an absive relationship. I suggest you make a plan to leave. He’s controlling you and what he’s doing is definitely not ok!

1 Like

All I can say … Is surely you can see what he is doing here… And only you know what you should and need to do… I am sorry for what you are going through…that’s pretty rough.

Are you flipping kidding me?
He’s all about control and a narcissist.
Take your child and run away as fast as you can. It’ll only get worse

1 Like

You need to leave him. He obviously doesn’t care about you or your kid. A man will provide for his woman and their kids or her kids. He’s showing you he doesn’t care at all. Get out now!

8 Likes

You need to go. So many red flags with this dude. Reading that made me cringe so bad.

1 Like

First of all. Make your own money. Leave that financial abuser and put that child either in daycare or run an in home daycare to make your own money. Never stay with a man that treats you like crap.

Eeww why would you want to be with someone controlling you like that? He’s treating you like a teenager that needs to be told what to do. Gross🤨

Either accept it or go back to work and pay childcare. Simple

I really do not understand why y’all stay in these shitty relationships. Did you not have a good model growing up? This is clearly abuse. Leave his ass, MAKE him pay for child support so you can go to work and have your financial independence. Why are you still in his house?

Leave! Take your child and leave. Get child support. Find a job. And be happy. Surely you cannot stay!

9 Likes

Mental abuse, plain and simple. Get out now!

3 Likes

Run momma, run. Please reach out for any available help or assistance needed, ask questions, make a plan - or don’t, & get the hell out of Dodge.

3 Likes

This is such narcissistic behavior and it’s horrifying to think you’ll live your life like that and that your child will grow up thinking that’s normalcy. LEAVE.

18 Likes

He doesn’t pay for everything. You are going without basic things that you need and want and he decides if you get them. While spending money on himself as he chooses. That’s not providing for the family so you can stay home. That’s manipulation and abusive. Find yourself a job or reach out to programs in your area for single women with children to get away and start supporting yourself without him.

2 Likes

He’s a control freak. You should probably get out before it gets worse

3 Likes

Run–don’t walk. Wow.

3 Likes

Hes terrible! And wrong to do that to you!

Find you someone that respects you and appreciates you- it ain’t him!

2 Likes

Fck that! Leave him, Don’t deal with that

3 Likes

Move out, now. You are being controlled like a dog

2 Likes

Please tell us what exactly you like about him…he’s so disrespectful!

6 Likes

Run! Take your child, and get away from this guy ASAP. File for sole custody & child support, look up whatever support systems are available to you as a single mother and take advantage of those to help you be independent of him because he is using money to control you, and that’s just going to get worse.

1 Like

I’m going to tell you what I didn’t know years ago…You are being abused, especially financially. Get out!!

7 Likes

Hun that’s abuse and controlling.
I know it might be hard to leave him or you want that picture perfect family like most of us but this isn’t it.
And the gps as far as I know is pretty accurate. Mines spot on :no_entry_sign:

3 Likes

What a jerk! Leave !!!

2 Likes

Are you a moron? Leave him….run now!

1 Like

Get out now, please!

2 Likes

Grab a kid and leave. Run and get out. Before too late.

2 Likes

You, and your baby, deserve better! Get out. He is throwing up so many red flags. And it will only get worse.

1 Like

Financial abuse. Period.

2 Likes

He’s a narcissist! Please get out while you can

3 Likes

Please get out of this toxic relationship. You and your child deserve so much more

2 Likes

You need to leave, that’s abuse. Leave before he teaches the child to be that way also. You deserve better.

1 Like

Apply for child care and SNAP as a single mom, put your baby in daycare, find the nearest Express Employment Professionals office in your area and let them help you find work. Save your money, plan your escape, put him on child support, establish visitation, stay with family or friends until you’re able to get on your feet!

1 Like

Lolll he lying. And wth it’s time to boot scoot and boogey, cause he’s a controlling and you deserve way better.

Um…he’s trying to control your every move. Please say no and go!

Baby, you are in an abusive relationship. Abuse isn’t always physical. He’s exerting control over you and your life that is not his to control. I hope you and your baby get somewhere better soon, because you both deserve better. You. Deserve. Better. Good luck friend.

15 Likes

That’s literally financial abuse.

1 Like

Keep your head up, chest out and never let anyone break your soul ever! To me this sounds very very controlling and you need to speak to someone even outside of this group! I recommended reaching out to the domestic hotline for some insight as well! You need to look out for you and your child first! You are grown and do not need his consent for anything that you do! To have to even have his permission to I buy groceries and or show proof of purchase is sad, just sad! You guys have a child together at that! What is this teaching your child? Abuse comes in many forms and this is abuse! Emotional controlling abuse that you need to get away from now! He doesn’t want to pay for a babysitter? Fine ! Tell him he needs to accommodate your work schedule as well when you establish employment than! And you will do the same for him but he needs to work with yours as well! Oh my god! He sounds like an asshole! I’m sorry but he does

Leave him before it gets worse. That’s VERY controlling.

You need to leave before things get worse.

1 Like

Honey that’s called abuse and you need to leave with your child.

4 Likes

Control freak. Get away and live a better life without him.

2 Likes

He sounds petty an greedy

1 Like

Leave. Get a family member to come pick you up preferably someone that know how to defend themselves this guy sounds deranged

1 Like

Not much of a man, much less a partner or father. Real men don’t do this. Leave and don’t look back!!

5 Likes

Google financial abuse

2 Likes

That is control and abusive!

4 Likes

Look for ways to make some money working from home during the day.

PM your address and which cord is the one you need and I will send it thru Amazon. So you can look for a way to start making your own money to leave that POS who is treating you like that!

4 Likes

How is this even a question? Get out of the situation now!

3 Likes

My ex used to do this- take the PlayStation with him to work just because he knew it would upset my older son (who is not his biological child) he’s a narcissist and that’s definitely a form of ABUSE. On top of the fact that he’s controlling the finances and trying to force you into doing something (aka working) when you don’t want to? Yes, he’s an abuser. GET AWAY FROM HIM FAST! :running_woman:

4 Likes

That’s crazy he’s doing psycho shit to u who in tf takes the wifi cord with them and also tells u what u can and can not do that’s absolutely insane u need to get out of that toxic relationship ur in for u and ur kids sake get a job and fucking leave his ass!!!

This is financial abuse. Apply for daycare assistance in your state and get a job. Don’t put him on application and leave AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. His location isn’t wrong. Who knows what the hell he’s doing.

4 Likes

Run and don’t look back

2 Likes

Controlling. Leave him. Take that baby and get out

You’re in an abusive relationship. Leave this guy. He’s financially abusing you and honestly it sounds like he’s cheating and gambling.

As a woman you should always always have your own money for this reason….

1 Like

This is financial abuse. Time for you to go. This behavior will only get worse.

1 Like

That’s extremely controlling and abusive behavior. I’m sorry you’re going through that. You deserve better.

Baby, please for the love of Jesus, get out of that relationship. Manipulation, narcissistic and controlling. That’s completely not healthy. That IS toxic. And it’s not healthy for your baby to see that kind of relationship. It’s done started so it WILL not get any better. It will get worse and scarier. I pray you see your worth in this and bounce.

1 Like

He is abusing you mentally. Also GPS location is extremely accurate I use it to Make sure my kids get home from school safely and it pings me the minute they get to our lawn. Not our street but on our front lawn. Please get help and get out as soon as you can!

2 Likes

Get help, Ebt, childcare whatever you need, and get away. That is financial abuse. It will only get worse, and the longer you stay the harder it will be to get away.

3 Likes

Repeat after me. This. Is. Financial. Abuse
Get out, and do it now.

4 Likes

You better get away now and never look back it will get worse don’t let your child be around a horrible control freak he already is that’s mental abuse what’s gonna happen when the physical abuse starts ,no judge will allow him to get your child

2 Likes

My now husband and I share money even when we weren’t married just living together. When I wasn’t working HE WOULDVE NEVER withheld money.

1 Like

Leave him. You are being abused.
What state are you in?

2 Likes

G. T. F. O. Run fast and run far. It’ll only get worse from here.

3 Likes

Girl leave his butt and his dam WiFi cord!! That’s ridiculous!!

um you need to leave lol. I started dating my now husband in 2014, lost my job to an injury shortly after…here we are in 2022 and I’m still not working and I’ve been home with our child the last 3 years. he’s always supported me, I’ve given up a lot with not working, sold my car, rehomed my pet pigs, sold personal items, tried selling other stuff to help with income/bills. it’s tough but so early into our relationship and I wasn’t working, Dr bills were outrageous after several surgeries, and again so soon into our relationship and he never batted an eye about it! he stuck with me. even after 3 years dating and me not working, he still married me! you guys have been together long enough that he needs to compromise. this is financial abuse for sure. what do you do when you need personal care items?

That is actually called financial abuse and sorry but that is an abusive relationship please seek help it can and usually does get worse.

3 Likes

Wow!! Run don’t walk! Red flags all.day girlfriend! You need to throw that whole MN away and leave asap! He is a financially and mentally abusing you and pretty much playing games. That is not a man that’s a villin and you need to take this seriously take that baby and leave. It doesn’t matter what you have. Leave with just the clothes you have and go to a shelter where he can’t find you !
I’m sorry you are experiencing this and will hope you take these suggestions seriously and leave!

4 Likes

Runnnn’ run away!! That’s toxic and controlling.

1 Like

He sounds like a straight ass run fast far and now…

Leave he has you right where he wants you. To control you. People actually think that way too. I personally know a few! If the wife stays at home and doesn’t have money then she can’t leave.

Mya this is wild, who actually lives like that?

Financial abuse is a real thing! Leave!

2 Likes