My boyfriend thinks I should pay half of the rent because I have a daughter: Thoughts?

I would’ve said c ya, no way. You’re daughter comes first :100:

2 Likes

Find another boy friend or go solo

1 Like

What in the fuck…the answer is NOOO. :unamused::woozy_face:

This is all kinds of messed up. Not sure what’s more concerning the fact that he doesn’t want to be responsible for half the bills or that you refer to your child as “the 5 year old”. What is actually going on?! Support your baby and kick this dude to the curb.

3 Likes

Sounds like a roommate booty call to me. Not a boyfriend

6 Likes

Throw the whole man out sis, is this really someone you want around your daughter? As someone who’s husband took my daughter arms wide open, there’s definitely better men out there.

8 Likes

You have a little boy playing house. Not a grown man in a relationship. Send him bk to his momma.

8 Likes

Leave him, it is only going to get worse.

5 Likes

How is it just not all ones money sharing a home. There’s no me him or mine

4 Likes

Leave ASAP he’s only thinking of himself!

4 Likes

Sounds like a narcissist to me! A child is not responsible for adult bills! He’s using you!

5 Likes

Child support is for her expenses - not his. Leave him.

2 Likes

Leave!!! No vale la pena

I just asked my fiance to get a man’s perspective and he said: When you’re with someone who has a child you take them on too. And he’s lucky you’re even paying half the rent. (He has always paid our rent though)

13 Likes

No! He should pay as the man and want the relationship

1 Like

Honey caught your losses while you can because you bugging if you stay with that man.

2 Likes

Actually he should be paying all the rent. Maybe you pay a couple of the small bills and provide for your daughter.You his girl he should provide.

3 Likes

Get. Out. Of. There!

6 Likes

Red flag. This means he cant treat your kid as his own. Run away and never look back! You deserve better!

11 Likes

Throw the whole man away.

11 Likes

Hell yes he should pay half

2 Likes

You need a new boyfriend if he thinks like that.

10 Likes

If he can afford to, he should want to take care of you both.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not good

1 Like

Clearly he doesn’t value you, the relationship, or the importance of the role he should be playing in your daughters life. I say leave his cheap ass

Run! And don’t look back. Your daughter and you deserve way better.

5 Likes

Half is fair a child shouldn’t matter.I’d cut my losses personally

4 Likes

Throw the whole dude away. Ew

9 Likes

I agree with these other ladies. Tell him to pack his bags, and find other accommodations. If you’ll aren’t a family by now, it will not happen.

13 Likes

Get out of there lol

4 Likes

Is he crazy out his mind an idiot ?

1 Like

Wow He is basically mad over a 5 year old not paying Rent!? :flushed: what an idiot… your child needs a better role model in their life… sorry you even have to go through this :cry:

4 Likes

Do not marry this man! He does not seem to care much for your child. Not stepfather material.

4 Likes

My husband said it’s a man’s job to take care of his family. He took on both of you as a family.

7 Likes

So have you been paying the bills by yourself this whole time? He is not your child therefore he should be contributing or get it. Doesn’t seem like he thinks to highly of your child either that would be a deal breaker for me.

1 Like

What planet is he on? Coz it ain’t earth.

1 Like

Why the hell are you still with this dickhead lol cut the chord lovely

Your 5 year old child is not a roommate and sounds like he is trying to treat her as one… The minimum he should be paying is half of all expenses… He’s got a lot of growing up to do still… Are you sure that’s the role model you want around your child?

5 Likes

So, does he want your 5 year old to pay her part of the rent? See how ridiculous that sounds? Yeah…he needs to go, you deserve much better.

4 Likes

He can’t pay half. Tell the SOB goodbye adios, worthless asshole. U use the support for her needs. What else does s

Fuck that. The fact that he wants you to pay more because you have a child is absolutely ridiculous

Throw that boy into the trash!!!

Kick him out and move on.

4 Likes

Get that man away from your daughter asap

3 Likes

Your 5 year old doesn’t count in this equation tell him lmfao

2 Likes

Yeah thats a no
He can pay his half or pay for his own place

4 Likes

Nooo!!! Get out if he is not treating your daughter as his own you shouldn’t be with him! When My now husbands first moved in with me he started paying for rent,electricity bill and water bill plus our car insurance, clothes of both my daughters and our sons. I do decided to buy groceries myself. And sometimes when we go out to eat I pay. If he would at least do half and half then I guess is understandable but him wanting you to pay more because of your daughter F NO

3 Likes

50 50 if he treats your daughter as if she wasn’t his maybe his ass should be at the curb with the trash can

Sounds like an immature douche

1 Like

Run. Or kick him out he is a loser.

Wtf does he think is gonna happen when you guys get married wtf

You need to be single until you find a man. Just saying I have 4 kids and a step son and my girl get all my paycheck to do whatever the hell she wants as long as the bills are paid and we’re saving money.

2 Likes

He is an azz…you need to find someone better

1 Like

Split or he can be out

Throw him head first in the garbage :wastebasket:

2 Likes

Bye “Boy” a real Man would pay all the Rent… Not to mention what “Man” considers the 5 yr old responsible for a third of the Rent ( like she’s got a job) . He wants you to pay 2/3rds of it and him pay 1/3… what a azzhat jerk. He sounds like a selfish boy and definitely does not have your best interests at heart he is looking for someone to " help" him and take care of him not the other way around a Man that loves you wants to provide for you & accept the responsibility of any child that comes with that. This relationship is doomed ! You might as well save yourself some heartache and kick him to the curb ( and get you a Real roommate- if that’s what you need)… Bye Bye Earl :wave:

Do you work? If so and if he works yeah I’d say split it and hills AND groceries AND stuff for the child. Simple. Or, he pays tent, you pay hills. It should be divided up. One shouldn’t live for free and collect money while the other works to be broke paying everything.

You need to walk away from that little boy

5 Likes

Ask him what if she were his daughter and you didn’t have kids what he would do

1 Like

Stay single until you have a MAN that is willing to treat your innocent daughter as his own. A man is suppose to be a provider. If he is going to pay half rent might as well be roommates. But I would not want a boy like that around my daughter

4 Likes

So he thinks you should support him because you have a 5 year old?!? :rofl:

3 Likes

I had a boy friend like this once. Tried pulling the same crap when I asked for him to split bills/help pay for things. I was much better & happier after I kicked his worthless freeloading a$$ out. Kick him to the curb girl, you need a real man in your life, one that doesn’t act like a child.

1 Like

She is too young to count.

Does he live there? Eat, sleep, shower etc there? He should be paying half.

1 Like

Girl, he tripping.
Dump him. Don’t even play this game

Hello, Red Flag Store? I need the biggest one you’ve got.

It sounds like he wants to be treated like a child. So treat him like one and find a new man. The fact that he’s even arguing against making equal contributions… is a no from me. He isn’t someone who is trying to take on a role of step dad or future father type figure or role model if he isn’t even wanting to do equal parts for basics.

5 Likes

I mean some relationships are 50/50 ssssoooo…

4 Likes

Girl he obviously ain’t accepting of your child…that means goooooooo…:roll_eyes:. Why would you shack up with someone who see your child as just that YOUR CHILD ONLY and he feels he don’t need to contribute his funds to the household because YOUR child stays there. Make him leave.

3 Likes

Tell him when the 5 year old can get a job then you’ll discuss changing how you split it :rofl: he won’t be around by that time being the way he is anyways.

1 Like

You have your 5 year old in a relationship with someone who isn’t her father.

1 Like

So he’s not your BF he’s your roommate??

5 Likes

Well it sounds like the 5 year old freeloading roommate of yours needs a job. :rofl: Are you freaking kidding me? Dump him.

13 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3: she’s fucking 5… What a jerkface

Pay half each or kick him to the curb… if it was his child would he expect the child to pay 1/3

1 Like

Well OP, I hope this clues you in to what types of arguments you’d have to look forward to if you decide to stay in this relationship.
I hope you don’t because it’s not worth it.

2 Likes

Girl you need to take the trash out if he is complaining about paying half the boys or contributing period I would see him out the door.

I think he definitely should be paying half the rent. You both use electricity, you both use water, you both use gas, and you both live under the same roof. I would tell his ass he needs to help with the rent or he can leave.

Boy bye! Fuck that noise. He wants to pay less because your daughter isn’t his?!

1 Like

If your your struggling to pay rent that’s one thing!!! BUT IF NOT!!! A man that’s love you pays your rent if you have 5 kids!! Js if I had to pay all the rent I don’t need a man!!

4 Likes

2.5 years wasted. Get rid of him.

5 Likes

Sounds like you need a new partner. He sees her as a burden that isn’t his responsibility. BIG RED FLAG

11 Likes

Get rid of him, its 50 50

Kick him to the curb lovely xx

Anybody who feels that way does not fully accept your daughter which is your cue to walk out of that relationship and never look back. If a man can’t accept your child from a previous relationship and love them, then he doesn’t fully accept you. He knew what he was getting into from the beginning and that is one of the most childish things I’ve ever heard…

1 Like

Dump, dump, dump… Useless man child :roll_eyes::-1:t4:

Throw the whole man away. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Fuck his dad and become his step mum, charge him rent and then raise him to be a man. He’s a boy.

Leave the douche bag.

1 Like

I think he is viewing it too much like a roommate situation. Like if it were just you and him he would be paying less bc it would only be one bedroom vs 2 (assuming she had a room). He might figure some of the support can help support that too, but realistically even if a child wasn’t in the picture you would still need a place to stay with bills to pay. Q

Hun, honestly. He will complain every little thing your daughter does. It’s not healthy to keep the relationship going. If he doesn’t accept your daughter then its best to leave. He should’ve known better on what he was getting himself into in the first place . If he wants to be a step dad he needs to stop complaining and commit on taking care of you guys. Make you guys his priority as well. Please leave before it gets bad. I would definitely leave, because she’s only 5 years old. She’s still a baby… if I were you, I would work and save money for myself and my daughter and leave … you deserve someone alot better who will love you and love your daughter plus accept her as his own. Wishing you strength and luck , girl.

2 Likes

Honey wake up, he’s an a$$hat. Don’t you think you and your daughter deserve THE BEST? LOVE YOURSELF AND YOUR DAUGHTER, DUMP HIM

2 Likes

Seriously? Move on or you will regret it later. What a douche.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to find a real man :woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

He’s got the makings of a great step dad :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:what a wanker!

Sorry he is a loser!!! You need to run!! He should care more than that for you & your daughter! If he is whining over a 5 year old, he doesn’t sound like a man!!! You should get out & set a better relationship for your daughter. He is a lousy boyfriend & stepfather figure!!!

1 Like

I think some single men who get with women with kids do it for the benefit of being able to skate around responsibility bc he knows she can let her kids down and if she has a good ex he won’t either so he can kinda hang out and not do so much.

Yeah this is dumb and he’s pretty trash

Are u sure he’s treating u like a gf and not a roommate
Just dump him

Time to pay full rent and get rid of the boyfriend.

11 Likes