My boyfriends cats pee in random spots in his house: Advice?

Keep it moving! He’s probably use to it !

1 Like

They need several CLEAN litter boxes. Try the BREEZE FROM AMAZON. OUR CATS LOVE IT CUZ THEYRE ALWATS CLEAN.

Urinary track infection. Get your cat to the vet asap.

Get it tested for a urinary tract infection

Vet trip ASAP kidney stones or infection

I have a dog that l can’t seem to train well and when she uses her potty pad, she misses a bit. I can’t part with her because l love and adore her. So l use an excellent cleaner for the misses and everything else. If you can’t find a solution keep Furry Fresh on hand BEST STUFF EVER! This isn’t a commercial for it, but, l am relieved to keep my Delilah!!!

1 Like

Yes…not with a guy though!

The cat probably has a UTI

We’re the cats litter trained

Dump him and move in with me I hate cats🐈

2 Likes

The cat could have a uti they also spray/mark their territory sometimes if they aren’t fixed

1 Like

Odoban removes the scent - doesn’t just cover it up.

Dont move in. It’s not going to change.

1 Like

My sister had a cat that did this and dr put him on Prozac and he immediately stopped

If there is no medical reason for the cat peeing in the house, I think the cat needs to be rehomed before you move in, if its bothering you. The fact that he’s shrugging the issue off tells me he doesn’t see it as important enough. I’d be grossed out too. Cats can be territorial.

And also find out if the cats are declawed. Their toes will hurt so badly when trying to cover with litter that they associate the pain with the litterbox. Make sure there is one litterbox for each cat and clean it out every day.

get a new bf it wont change and they dont mind the smell

The cat is jealous .

Get urine begone and spray it what he pees in.

1 Like

Not something Id consider having move in with me. Best to have a vet visit soon

There’s help, I wouldn’t live in that situation either !!

First make sure they don’t have a medical problem. Always keep the kitty box clean since some are very finicky about their bathroom being clean. Sometimes it is a behavioral issue like their lives have been changed by your moving in and they aren’t getting as much attention.

3 Likes

Cat needs a vet and it wasn’t up to you to put the cat out

Get a new boyfriend.

1 Like

Has it been fixed.That will happen if there not.

Tell him to make a choice. You, or the cats!

1 Like

yep. get the cat to the vet ASAP

Really she has to compete with the Cay

Get rid of the cats or boyfriend.

1 Like

Casts are very good at sending messages when they are unhappy or their routine has been upset – you are a new arrival and now they have to compete for attention – that’s how they get attention-- by peeing on everything. They may have a problem that needs medical attention – like a UTI or if they don’t like a dirty cat box, they will pee anywhere else.

You just need to sit him down and talk to him calmly about the situation.

Maybe your boyfriend needs to get his nose checked cause cat piss stinks.

Marking it’s territory.

It’s a territorial thing

Medical problem, or she’s jealous of you.

Get OUT while you can !

More boxes and clean them daily

Time for kitty to take a ride

Don’t move in until he makes a change

Puke, I would SOLID move out.

Get out of there. Run as fast as you can.

he is marking his territory

Seal off the cat door when the cat’s outside

Sounds like your getting pissed off.lol

Either me or the cats

Get rid of the cats!!!

get the cats spayed. these are tom cats marking their territory

Get rid of the boyfriend and train the cat!:rofl:

Take to vet if not fixed get fixed. Buy a new litter box or wash the one you have and put in a lot of litter. Confine cat to one room until it is litter trained when they are sick they will use the bathroom in a way to tell you something is wrong.clean daily

1 Like

Disgusting, how can you stand the smell?

Get rid of the cat eww

1 Like

Tell him first the cats need to see a vet to make sure they are healthy and talk with the vet about the issue, tell him if it can’t be corrected then you can’t move in, also tell him under no circumstances would you ever ask him give the cats away because you love animals but this isn’t something you can live with because they should not be doing this. Good luck.

1 Like

Had a cat for years and she started peeing in my laundry baskets. Took her to the vet, turned she had a uti. The litter irritated the infection. Once it was treated she went back to using the litter box.

1 Like

We had 2 elderly cats (17 & 14 YO) who passed away last year, that had kidney disease for a couple of years before they died. As the disease progressed, they had more and more “accidents.” Literally could not leave any type of bunched up fabric item, anywhere. Towels, blankets, baskets of laundry, sweatshirts, a pair of gloves. If it was left on
Out, especially on the floor, it was subject to being peed on. So, we made sure not to leave that kind of stuff out and also restricted the cats’ access to the bedrooms. It was a bit of a pain, but they were sick and that’s why they were doing it. I miss both of those cats dearly, but I certainly don’t miss having to live like that. Good luck.

2 Likes

One of two things, either the cat doesn’t like the litter he’s using or it doesn’t like sharing a litter box. If you have two cats, you should have 3 litter boxes. Try a couple different types of litter too, some cats can be real fussy. Good luck, hope you figure it out.

2 Likes

You need to have a sit down conversation. Explain to him that the cat urinating everywhere is unhealthy and smells bad. Many above are correct in saying it could be a health problem and this is something you can address together. It can also be caused if the litter box is not cleaned regularly and it may be helpful if there is more than one litterbox in the house. A lot of cats refuse to urinate in a dirty box or after another cat. Also you did not say if they were Male or female or neutered or spayed. A Male cat especially will mark it’s territory if it has not been neutered. So just address the problem and work the solutions.

First of all, when a new person moves into the house where they had the full attention of their owner, they will act out and pee on things to tell you they are “pissed”. That can change. Also, there are spray products you can use to dissuade cats from peeing on furniture, etc. also, the cat boxes must be kept clean and there should be two (although my two cats like using one box).
I would hold off moving in until the cats get used to you and you achieve a rapport with them. They are his kids, so to speak. But he has to be willing to work with you if he wants you to move in. And do NOT put them out of the house! If something were to happen to them, get lost or run over, you would be out of a boy friend and you would feel awful! Talk to him about how best to handle these issues. I am sure you can find a book or other helpful information on the internet that you can use. It’s not an unusual situation. Also, take them to the vet. It could well be a medical issueTell him that if you two work together and the cats’ bathroom habits improve THEN you’ll move in. Good luck.

I think you shouldn’t move in w him it’s gonna cause resentment my other idea is if the cat isn’t fixed then try that… ppl love their pets and if he’s been living like that then he obviously has no problem with it and chooses to keep the pet don’t make him choose between you and a pet just date wo living together

1 Like

I’ve had several cats who had uti’s and one with diabetes but none of them have ever peed outside their boxes. One of my cats got locked in a closet for 24 hours and still didn’t pee until we let her out ( we left on vacation and our cat sitter found her the next morning) once a cat pees somewhere the cat thinks this is ok so u have to make it nearly impossible to pee there again. Place litter boxes around several places until they get it then slowly locate them closer and closer to the final spot where you want them to go. If the cat is not eating or drinking as usual or is sleeping more than usual or is more or less vocal then get it to a vet

It could have a bladder problem a visit to the vet might help !

Our male cat started doing this when he turned about 5 months old. I called to get him an appt to get fixed but he ended up getting thrown outside. He yanked a bunch of clothes out of the closet and peed all over them and on my husbands cowboy boots. We finally got the smell out of the leather but he lost all his chances. Our female cat doesn’t do this and is still inside. I hate the smell of cat pee and absolutely do not tolerate it. I’d say make sure they’re fixed. If that doesn’t help I’m not sure. I doubt rubbing noses in it will stop a cat like it does a dog. Try spraying it when you cat it. However a former cat we had, who’s now passed away, started peeing when she was sick. It’s their way of letting you know something is wrong.

Break up with him. Get rid of the cat. Or. Live with it. My cat peed everywhere for the 16 years I had her. Nothing was wrong with her. I brought her to the vet regularly. She was just pissed to have to be indoors. Cats aren’t as domesticated as we make them out to be and they don’t really get litter boxes as much as we think they should. She was spayed, had four litter boxes that were always clean and was well taken care of. She just wanted to do what she wanted to do. She’s was a cat. Next time get a dog.

Y’all are so funny! It’s not about the cats, it’s his disregard for the problem. Girl, you already know what you’re getting into, he has no concern for you! Dump him or accept the conditions under which you will have to live! You will never change him and cats get more rights than you? Move on!

You can get a spray to spray the cat also you can spray around the house with another spray… And if they are older cats they should go out side no litter box’s the box’s are to train the kittens… May be they need doctored… Yea see the vet they may be suffering…

Male cats will mark their territory. Especially curtains if they’re backing their rear end up and spraying they’re marking their territory thay usually do that when there’s two males in the house they’ll have to be neutered. And that will help

Get rid of the cats!

1 Like

Sounds like he’s picked the cats over you… doesn’t bode well for a relationship

Leave him. Cats trump pussy/dick every time. :joy:

Get rid of your boyfriend

Maybe call Joe Biden :thinking: he’s a shit head !!

I hate cats. Get him a dog.

Find a dog loving Man.

Move on…if he values you he’ll wake up and resolve the problem! P.S. Woman’s sense of smell is known to be keener than men’s !

My first guess would be to fix them. My cat use to do it and it was because she wasn’t fixed, and because we had another…it became a dominance thing while in heat. Check for UTI also but my guess is fix them

1 Like

Mine did the same thing until I had her spayed. Now nothing since

Ok so he lives there so he doesn’t notice the cat piss smell. You got to get his attention. Say hey- we seriously need to discuss this issue :smiley: talk to the dude explain it can be a sign of something serious the cats need to see a vet… And for the urine smell you need to use products with enzymes.
I found stuff on Amazon called bubbas pet odor remover. Has enzymes in it. It is AMAZING. Areas that are bleachable absolutely use in that spot. Like the sink. Not only for the disinfecting, but it will act as a deterrent for the cat. Works for dogs too. They’ll smell the area and not want to go there. It might take time but keep using it there eventually they’ll not want to.
Now, if it’s not a medical issue … It’s the cats litter box. You said 2 cats? They might feel like they can’t go in the same box. To eliminate that issue a larger catpan and the litter type that gets rid of odor completely should help that.

I personally would get the animal checked by a vet. I had a cat that would pee everywhere, no shits given, he ended up having a uti and had to be put down.

I also HAVE a cat that will literally pee on anything if anything is left on the floor or there’s too much in the litter box.

Some cats are just assholes :sweat_smile:, most cats urinate where ever whenever they are stressed (how long have you been there? Show them extra love, show them they’re just as important, you moving in may have stressed them out) some need to spayed or nutured and itll stop.
I was also told you’re supposed to have 1 litter box PER cat, does he have 1 or 2 boxes?

How olds the cat? Is it spraying or peeing. IS it nutured/prayed and over 2? Over two they typically won’t stop spraying if that’s what it is. Whats the genders? I find my 2 male cats VERY dominant over each other and they used to pee to prove who is boss.

Disgusting! That’s REALLY Disgusting. You should run as fast as you can and never look back…

1 Like

You have to get rid of the smell completely. Agent orange to clean up, there should be a litter box for every cat and also try feliway plug ins because kitty is probably stressed.

It’s probably either a health issue or the cats are pissed about the new living arrangements

You need a urine enzyme based cleaner. Everything needs to be deep cleaned as it can cause health problems. He may not notice it if he has lived in it for a long time if he only has 1 litterbox add another it they need to be cleaned a few times a day. Say if he wants you to move in we need to get on top of it. But start with the enzyme wash and just clean everything. If he has an outdoor area see if he is up for a cat enclosure attached to a cat door that the cats can have safe outdoor time. Cats and humans will become healthier

I read as my boyfriend pees in random spots

He needs at least 4-5 litter boxes

First off, you don’t suddenly decide someone else’s pet is going to be an outside animal without their permission (if you did ask and he said yes disregard that comment) secondly I would push to getting him to take said cat to the vet. Like others have said poor kitty could have a UTI or something medically wrong with them. Or like has also been said kitty may not be fixed and needs to be. But at the same time you can’t make him do these things so unless you want to take kitty into the vet yourself (which if he says no and you do it anyway could possibly cause a fight idk men are frickin weird) you might have to sit him down and tell him you can’t take the smell and it’s really bad for everyone’s health and it’s either he figures out what’s wrong with kitty and helps you clean pee spots or you’re just gunna have to bounce.

I agree with so many above. Kitty either needs fixed or kitty has a bladder/uti and is trying to tell ya. Take said cat to the vet…With him of course. An enzyme cleaner such as Natures Miracle and a good carpet clean…:grimacing: Congratulations on your newfound relationship!:heart:

I have 2 cats and had that issue with one of them pissing in the dirty clothing. When u see them do it hurry grab them right away and rub their nose in it and say no then keep taking them to the litter box and make sure it keeps clean because if its not then they are just going to keep peeing every where. Their is also in stores odor smells for pets that u can put on carpets and places like that and it takes out the smell buy that and it will help. As far as clothing. I use an odor powder u can buy in the store for pet smells and other smells that helps too and my cloths and towels do not smell like pee. Hope this helps. ALSO call the vet their might be issue with them and I know if they are not fixed they also will pee all over the place.

Yes , and the cat won’t stop . The whole house will start stinking bad .Once they start urinating in the house they never stop . Finally had to put my cat down , ruined my carpeting

3 Likes

I have two litter mates that are 1.5 yrs of age now. Both are neutered. I scoop their litter boxes out twice a day when off work but at least once a day. I haven’t had this problem as of yet.

Cats do not like to use the same pan that other cats use. I once had 2 cats and the female would do her business right beside the pan that the male used. If getting another pan does not stop the is try to get in touch with the cat whisperer. ,and try to get rid of the odor where they have already been because they will probably go there again.

Typically, each cat should have their own litter pan. If it’s the same cat, have the vet check for a possible UTI.

Use vinegar it takes out about anything I’ve used it when my cat did it when we moved into a new place and now he don’t do it no more

I screened in my back porch and put a second pan out side. I have no problem now. Ialso built shelves around the porch for him to purch on. He loves it!

They may need their own boxes. It’s recommended that their is a box for each cat. Some cats don’t share boxes and will pee in other spots. We had a few cats that did that. So we always have had multiple boxes for multiple cats.

Usually a clean litter box will do it. But, occasionally you just have a bad cat. Take her to the vet for a check up if she’s fine then tell your man he has a choice to make because you can’t take this.

I had a cat do this because my husband kept putting her outside . It could be behavior or could be a medical condition

Take the cat to the vet. When they start urinating outside of the litter box it is a good indication that there is a PROBLEM.

My brothers cat did this to him while he was still alive. He’s showing dominance. It sounds crazy, but you have become a threat to the cat.

It could also be that the cats haven’t been fixed and are marking.

cats will do this to attract attention that there is something wrong , often a UTI . vet visit may be in order .

I also had a cat that did the same thing. Numerous trips to the vet, nothing worked. Unfortunately we had to put her down