My daughter hurt our dog and needs help

Pray, and don’t stop .

1 Like

Professional help ASAP. That is a psychopath, I’m so sorry for those words, I understand this is your child, but that is very very wrong behavior, that could be you or someone else next time! That is so scary and the way she was like I just didn’t get my way then tried to kill the dog… Please get her help before someone else gets seriously harmed or killed. I know this may be hard but please put her into an inpatient program TODAY! She needs help for a better future! Now is the time to correct this before she perhaps gets worse and ruins her future. I can’t imagine what you are going through right now, I hope for better days ahead for you all as a family. Again, sorry for my hard word of psychopath but sometimes we need to be told brutally honest things. :broken_heart:

4 Likes

1, i am terrifed of her and never met her
2, serious intense therapy now!
3, doesn’t apologize. She doesn’t see why she should, so she doesn’t. It is that simple. Nearly killing an animal and has no remorse!
4, she does this stuff when she doesn’t gether way!
5, this is criminal!
6, what if she triesto burn down your house? At what point do you see this as get in hospital intense psychiatric help
7, sorry but i would be reporting to cps or law enforcement
8, none of this is notmal behavior
9, the strain on your marriage should be the leastof your concerns at this point
10, think about the school shooters. Recent and not super recent. Most of them are not sorry. The michigan kid has no emotion at all. The kid who shot up the kindergarten class was without emotion too. Is your daughter next? Don’t think if you don’t have a gun she can’t get one

2 Likes

That’s terrible!! She needs psychiatric help asap. Otherwise she might also hurt human beings.

i hope you get help with her… she is worth saving. leave her this way and you have a pyscopath in the making. doesn’t need to be like that. . kids get hurt easy in this game of life… professional help… not facebook advice… much love to you. i hope haven’t offended.

1 Like

I am sorry you are having to go through this, however what I am about to say turns my stomach. It is a proven fact that serial killers start off by hurting animals… If I were in your situation, I would institutionalize your daughter until a psychologist (not a therapist) can figure out the malfunction going on inside your daughter. You and your partner and everyone she has access to have a very valid reason to be afraid… Don’t wait til something else happens…:sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Please take your kid to a dr not at an ER. And have her referred to a psychologist so they can get her the meds and help she needs. Do not post on fb about this. Kids that hurt animals have a very high chance of growing up and k*lling someone. She really needs help.

1 Like

Uh - we all know teenagers can be a certain way but this Sounds like she learned retaliation at a young age, mixed with hormones, mixed with parental divorce - and whatever else she’s got going on - that baby needs a break :pensive:

1 Like

If she scares yall, that’s reason enough to get some professional help ASAP. Shes gonna end up hurting one of yall or worse.

1 Like

Is everyone missing the part where she says the daughter WAS ALREADY HOSPITALIZED and that this happened SIX MONTHS AGO!? Does no one else see something EXTREMELY wrong with this story?

3 Likes

So sorry to hear this momma. 13 is a rough age (not that her behavior is okay) feel free to join our mom squad group here if you would like Raising Confident Girls in Todays World - Community, Encouragement And Tips sending mom hugs :hugs::yellow_heart::sparkles:

1 Like

Alot of children have anxiety and depression . This is not because of that .your daughter is showing signs of psychopathic tendency! This needs to be treated immediately by professionals or she will continue on this very dark path. My heart goes out to all of you!

12 Likes

I see the “used to be close” as more of he is seeing how psychotic she is and keeping his distance. She tried to kill his dog! That isn’t sexual abuse that is straight out terror! I would be less close after that too!

1 Like

Kid needs more than a therapist.

4 Likes

You send her to a psychiatric institute. Immediately.
I know no parent wants to do that. But causing harm to animals in the first sign of many things… none of which are good.

Goodluck to you & your family.

18 Likes

She needs serious help !! Find s counselor asap !

It’s time for a psych evaluation. And some professional help to the max.

15 Likes

Sorry but she sounds like she has serious mental health issues and needs professional help and Diagnosing fast

5 Likes

I would be taking her to other drs because something isnt right. And your partner has every right to be terrified of her. Im sorry but I am terrified of her. A child hurting a animal is the first sign of trouble when they get older. Get her help now!!!

3 Likes

She has help for the child. Throwing out opinionated diagnosis does not help.

Take any resources and help you can momma. Most importantly find yourself a support group because it’s gonna be a rough road. Look into cbt and dbt, any type of groups for you or her that focus around adverse intense behaviors and emotions.
Not all kids that display these emotions end up psychopathic. I work with many of these kids and with proper structure and support the behaviors can be corrected in most cases. Something is going on in her mind that she may not even consciously be aware of. Or she may be impulsive and need help controlling those impulses.
Best of luck momma, there are a lot of reading resources if you are a reader, or even documentaries and webinars. There is never too much information :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Are you sure there is no unknown abuse that she has suffered?

9 Likes

She needs more help than a therapist, especially if the therapist hasn’t recommended any other form of treatment or observations. She could be able to fool the therapist, but that would just mean she needs different treatment even more. Hurting animals and zero remorse for her actions is not because she has anxiety or depression. I think she needs to be institutionalized for a while so they can really see what’s going on and give her the help she needs. You’re in a very tough situation that nobody would ever wish to be in, I’m sorry. Good luck x

6 Likes

My cousin has actually done this she was actually successful in “hurting” the pets there’s been a couple animals and her going to the institution seemed to help

She is 13 and has both depression and anxiety and is violent. I’m sorry but I fairly certain she has been mis diagnosed. It honestly sounds like she has adhd with maybe a touch of defiant disorder. Honestly have her reevaluated. It could even be bi polar. But children under 20 typically don’t have anxiety and depression unless they went through a crazy traumatic situation.

Secondly, don’t listen to people saying she is a psychopath. For one psychopath don’t feel any emotion. So the fact that she is showing signs of anxiety and depression especially on a clinical level mean she could not be a psychopath.

However people with adhd also tend to be very smart seem to have have anxiety and depression and can often seem like toddlers if they don’t get their way. Ie hurting the family pet because it was the cause of her latest distaste.

These symptoms are also seen in bipolar disorder
Anyway ask her doctor to reevaluated her. On the right meds she could be a golden child and a decent human being.

11 Likes

Definitely some attention problems…I’m going through the same thing with my 7 you old son…and I got him to a therapist and now on medication which I didn’t want but for the safe of his brother and everyone else we had to do what we had to do!! Trust me at the end you’ll be happy, plus we don’t know what’s going through their Lil heads so we might have helped them to and don’t even know it, u know what I mean! Girl I pray everything gets better for you!! Need any help get at me!!

You are her advocate . You said she is in therapy !? Have you spoken to the therapist in private ? Give the whole story . You don’t know what or if your daughter is filling in the whole picture or her wo is me side . From there I would also maybe push for a psychiatrist. You may need to do both. There also has to be punishment for actions . Ones that fit the actions . She tried to hurt the dog . So now she has to feed the dog and clean up dog poop for a month . There is hope and help out there . She is also going through that shitty teenage stage and their brains are truly mush and there is conflict with most teenagers . Good luck and stay strong . You got this mama .

Im sorry you are doing through this… my cousin has been going through the same thing everyone in my family is terrified I am terrified of him not long ago he got put in a rehab because of his misbehavior in school for brining a knife and ran to a special needs bus they had to restrain him…

As someone who lost a beloved pet to diabetes recently, please please please have her committed. I know it’s not easy to hear but trying to kill an animal is just cruel and the beginning to many things. My heart just breaks at the thought.

16 Likes

How do you know she had intentions of killing the dog? Rather than giving it his medicine?

I think that you should start looking at putting her into a facility that is equipped to handle this behavior. I know she’s your baby and I don’t know what I wound do in your situation because my heart hurts for you. But, I think there’s some underlying problems here that are only going to get worse if you don’t.

1 Like

Lack of emotion, tries to kill animals, is only 13…bro you’re listing of a checklist that nobody wants to be on. Your child is a psychopath and if I was your partner I would be out of there so fast all your heads would spin. That kids only gonna get bigger, smarter, and stronger and then you’re all in deep sh!t. She needs a psychologist that specializes in psychopathy in children, probably an extended stay in a professional environment.

The partner needs to run :running_woman:
I’d be outta there so quick.

3 Likes

This whole story doesn’t sound right. What’s the family dynamic? I wonder if any abuse has happened?

4 Likes

Just guessing but sounds like she resents your husband and your pet, maybe because she thinks they get more attention from you than she.

2 Likes

Sounds like she needs a new therapist, a full psych evaluation and some professional intervention.

10 Likes

She certainly needs professional help. I must say at 16 I did not relate at all to the 2 mental health professionals I saw. They were even older than my parents and I had zero confidence that they could relate to me in any way. Professional help is great but I really don’t think it can help til a patient can click with or respect the Dr on their level. And of course trust. As a teen I didn’t want to be tattled on.

1 Like

This is more than an acting out teen. This is behavior that requires significant behavioral health help. Reach out to your local mental health resources. There are many groups on here for parents raising children with mental health issues or a diagnosis. Please please get her help. She has a significant chance of being ok if she gets the help she needs

7 Likes

Just a ??? Could she be getting abused??? Children do act iut , when something has changed??? YOU should have gotten her help WAY B4 now. Prayers you find the rite help for her :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

She needs way more than a therapist
That is no reason to harm a defensless animal whay if it was a sibling

“Unalive” you are in denial you need to come out amd keep using the correct term, KILL. And if she isn’t in regular therapy rehome your dog and keep any tiny humans away. If she isn’t in therapy and being seen regularly for this and hurts another living things it’s on you. This is in no way shape or form normal for teens. She slipped and you saw the true colors of a mental health issue

9 Likes

Her mental illness definitely runs deeper than depression.

1 Like

There is an underlining issue maybe ask if anything has happened to her or has someone taken advantage of her. I am definitely Not saying it has but if she didnt act out before I would definitely be trying to connect all the dots. At what age has this happened? If she’s already 13 and she’s never acted this way before then something has changed in her zone that has made her act out. How long have you been married? Does she all the sudden feel as though she is being pushed to the side? I have a very needy daughter that grew up with a brother with ASD so because he had soooooo much attention when she was young she started clinging to me and demanding my attention to the point I wasnt allowed to talk to anyone but her. I gave all my children(3) attention but this one needed more. I went from a straight A student to now a child who thinks she has sooo much wrong with her that she thinks she needs medication. My child goes from a nonstop talker to someone who acts like she’s scared of everyone :woman_shrugging:t4:. So she has a therapist for herself though the therapist and I both agree that it’s just a phase it’s just attention because I have showed video/audio proof of her actions. So because she needs this type of attention I allow her and it seems to help at times other times she has surrounded herself with friends that are the same so we rollercoaster with moods but she still talks 24/7​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Therapy may not be sufficient. She likely needs to see a psychiatrist (a doctor not a therapist) to start a diagnosis path and medical treatment that includes pharmaceutical and other treatments. The urge to hurt or even kill is serious and for her sake you should take her to a psychiatric doctor. Not a therapist or psychologist.

5 Likes

Maybe she has autism

1 Like

Hurting an animal in children usually means neglect or abuse of child or another family member.

3 Likes

Please change her therapist. It is pountless sending her if its not working.
She needs an intervention because she tried to harm an animal, a living creature. That is the beginning of psychopathic or sociopathic tendencies.
Get her the help that she needs because it could a person next.

14 Likes

You K N O W your child needs help that you obviously can’t provide, that’s why you’re coming to a bunch of strangers on the internet for some sort of justification for yourself. Sad. Admit her. For her own good.

15 Likes

If I were your partner. I would take the dog and run like hell. Sorry. That kind of behavior tends to escalate as time goes by. I feel very sorry for you. God help you both. The dog deserves to be safe. I wouldn’t trust her ever again.

7 Likes

She may truly benefit from an intensive residential program where she will receive therapy and groups around the clock.

14 Likes

Poor dog, poor you. Sadly this is psychopath actions & she will never be sorry. It starts with hurting animals.good luck.

14 Likes

Major red flag! May need to be admitted and observed . Could be a danger to all of you

4 Likes

Every sociopath begins with an attempt to hurt or kill, usually animals and at a very young age. She is 13, so she can very well distinguish between right and wrong. She needs to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible for an evaluation. Hence on doctor, not therapist.

12 Likes

All i know is all animals need to be removed for their safety

8 Likes

She needs more help than you can give her

2 Likes

Have her evaluated by a doctor right away and try vitamin B shots if your against meds …

She needs a stay in a mental institution for testing possibly may need to stay for your protection

4 Likes

Sounds like she’s a spoiled brat to me and you need to put your foot down more and let her know that the world doesn’t revolve around her. You give in to much and when you don’t or can’t, she retaliated. That’s bc she’s use to getting her way.

4 Likes

My niece was that way. She needs to see a psychiatrist. She is now an adult with schizophrenia and severe psychosis. Hurting animals is psychopathic behavior. I would honestly be afraid to sleep at night with her in that house.

11 Likes

I’m sorry but for everyone saying that most teens go through a phase like this or this is a symptom of abuse…there is a huge difference between lashing out and trying to kill the family dog because you missed fireworks. This is beyond lashing out from abuse. The lack of remorse and the fact she doesn’t understand the consequences and severity of her actions shows true psychopathic tendencies. She 100% needs inpatient help. And if I were this mother I would keep a lock on my bedroom door at night, keep all objects that could cause harm locked away, and please keep the dog in the bedroom too. If the girl isn’t put through inpatient care, I think the mother needs to make a decision about whether she should move and keep the child away from the dog and spouse. No one deserves to live in fear like that. And if she tried to kill the family dog and has been lashing out at the spouse? Well that fear is completely justified.

15 Likes

She needs inpatient program ASAP. Like yesterday. Nobody in that house is safe. She’s a sociopath

11 Likes

Doctor! Also therapy but a doc is needed. I know your momma heart doesn’t want to but admitting her may be where you start. This way you can involve medical professionals to help you to know where to go and what to do. Truthfully, I’d be worried for myself and anyone in the home. But she sounds like she’s hurting real bad. Get her to a hospital! They can also help you find the “right” therapist. Some are good some are not. You got this too momma… get her help! Hugs to you!

2 Likes

She needs a psychiatrist. Also “mostly my partner”? Something happened between them and you need to figure out what it was. It was pretty devastating for her.

4 Likes

She definitely needs professional help ASAP!! This situation could get a lot worse at any moment. I’d be terrified to keep my pets near her, are there any other kids in the house?

4 Likes

You need a therapist that works. Nothing wrong with therapist shopping. Also take her to get a psych exam. It’ll give more detail versus a diagnosis by a counselor who can only diagnose on presenting symptoms

2 Likes

You need to get a second opinion. Just because she is in therapy doesn’t mean anything. You have to find something that works for her at this point because of her unsafe behaviors.

2 Likes

Get her a psychological evaluation by a psychologist and this will tell you her diagnosis. She could have borderline personality or something else, with you saying she has no empathy and has tried to kill a family pet. The evaluation will tell you what’s going on with her and give recommendations for treatment. This would likely include medication and therapy. (I’m a licensed therapist.)

7 Likes

I would say an evaluation is in order & examine & investigation into the change with the partner’s relationship is KEY

2 Likes

She can low key tell you guys are scared and have a problem with her. I’m sure she’s very receptive and everyone gives off vibes. This alone will push her into the depths of darkness further. Also, your giving her the wrong attention by doing that… She wants attention, a connection w/ someone. She wants love even tho she will act like she doesn’t. Spend quality time with her doin the things she wants without others involved. But put your foot down!!She’s old enough to know better. Draw your line. DO NOT GIVE HER POWER W/ YOUR FEAR! Enroll her into self defense classes. You have to channel that dark energy somewhere. Self defense classes will push that energy out. Also,

5 Likes

And this is how serial killers are born…wow that is so scary…SHE NEEDS TO BE IN A WARD AND BEING WATCHED…This is not normal behavior…Humans will def be next…Get her help asap!!

6 Likes

Ur child needs a psych hold

Please take her for a full psychological evaluation as soon as possible. Therapy doesn’t seems to be enough in this case. She needs professional help. I’d suggest to get admitted in a reputable facility for her safety & others’. Nobody can really watch her every second.
But if you still opt to stay home till an appointment, I suggest to keep animals, small children away for their safety. Remove things that could hurt her & keep watch 24/7.
I know it sounds harsh. But I’ve seen really terrible things & I pray this would not be the case. I’m not a medical doctor but I have a PhD in a certain aspect of psychology.

5 Likes

Did you really say “unalive” your dog?
She tried to kill your family pet.
She needs psychiatric help NOW.
Skip Facebook advice and do the responsible thing…GET HER HELP.
It is only a matter of time before her rage gets the best of her and brings about serious consequences.

8 Likes

Something deeper may be happening, but please just have her admitted to protect everyone and everything for now. Therapy when committed will help a lot. She needs more than you can give her right now, hurting animals is a sign of her being a psychopath and maybe committing her and addressing it early will stop any future harm. Prayers friend, my daughter has behavioral issues too so I feel for you deeply

Id be low key terrified too… shes bordering becoming a psychopath… she needs a psychiatrist for attempting to murder your special needs dog

Please seek mental health help for her asap, don’t wait for any other events.

Prevention is better than a cure, and if it’s anything serious or something sinister developing (mental health wise): the earlier the better.

2 Likes

She needs inpatient care. She needs to be committed to a psychiatric hospital for round the clock monitoring, therapy and meds. As far as your partner goes, they have every reason to feel terrified. They almost lost their pet to this condition. Unless you have a psych degree, “talking” to someone in her condition will just unintentionally allow them to manipulate you.

13 Likes

Please get help before we hear about your family on the news

5 Likes

So many of the comments here are why I regret logging into Facebook every time… so many toxic humans flock to this place

3 Likes

Cruelty to animals is the most massive red flag mental health alert in children. If your child is harming animals they must have immediate psychiatric care.

20 Likes

She might need to be on medication.

1 Like

Rehome the dog and psych hold for your daughter.

3 Likes

Is she on any medication? Some medication brings this out in people. A med change might be worth a try or starting on some. This should be brought up to your psychiatrist and they can help find the right balance for you. There is also a thing called neurofeedback that she might benefit from.

I am deeply sorry you are going through this. I agree that she need a deep option for help.

3 Likes

My honest opinion, sociopath. I’ve watched a lot of murder shows and that’s how it all begins. You mentioned she never apologizes and that’s because they never have remorse. I don’t blame your partner for being scared, you should be too. Get more help than you are getting for her.

I would look into farm therapy where she can work with animals. Maybe it will help her realize the value of life and help with anything else that’s going on. Sounds like she doesn’t feel like she is heard.

3 Likes

I believe she needs further evaluation and maybe a psych hold to investigate and start some meds. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t full understand the degree of pain she is causing. No body in their right frame of mine would try and kill an animal or even human. U have to have something misfiring do such evil. Are there other children in the home? You need to get her some residential treatment

7 Likes

This is far past depression and anxiety, she needs medical help.

13 Likes

Im so sorry. Thats really tough. I honestly would try a different therapist, maybe she just dosen’t like who she is seeing currently and thats why its not helping. It took me a few different doctors before i found one i really liked and felt super comfortable with. She definitely needs some help getting rid of that black cloud hanging over her❤ Family therapy where you all go also sounds like a good idea in addition to her seeing a therapist!

1 Like

Get her Mental health checked out this isn’t normal behavior.

Sounds super scary. She needs some SERIOUS help.

2 Likes

She needs help. Immediately, killing animals is the first sign of something muuuuch worse.

14 Likes

This is so much more than anxiety or depression.

4 Likes

Children that hurt or kill animals grow up to be seriel killers get her some serious help now! Tell them shes hurting animals

4 Likes

Please be careful and give the dog to someone else. In October I found out my to be step son had been poisoning me and my kids since March. The drs didn’t know how we were alive still. Please get a psychological evaluation done and advocate her mental health.

21 Likes

That’s not anixity or depression. She may have those, but those don’t cause kids to harm animals.
She needs much more help than that. I’m not saying this to be a bitch. But it’s the first sign of killers. I’d be getting her into some heavy psychology help. And don’t lie to protect her. It won’t do her any good in the long run.

Have u every watched the Jeffery dahmer movies? Or the good son? U need professional help maybe a mental institution. Or ur partner might be next

2 Likes

That’s scary . Very scary I must say . If you have friends or family with young children I’d be very cautious. There is something serious happening with her . A disaster waiting to happen . That child needs to be in an institution under constant watch . I’m going to leave it at that . Get her help mom before something happens and she hurts another person or pet . This is how psychos start out .

4 Likes

My 11 year old has ODD.Obsessive defiance disorder.He would hurt everyone else or himself.Luckily not animals.But I wouldn’t doubt he would have if I always wasn’t right there.Have her mental health evaluated asap!!!She could have a chemical imbalance.My son would do something and lie to my face even though I got him on camera and showed him!!!Please get your sweet pup to a safe place until you figure out what’s going on.I’m not sure where you live,but I can help you find the resources to further help your lost baby girl.I know exactly what your going through mama and I’m so sorry.My son has grown out of his a little over the years.But not much.

1 Like

Sounds like she needs to go to a residential care facility

3 Likes

New physiatrist and be honest with them about her behavior so she gets the help she needs before this ends extremely bad for someone. And please put your dogs medicine locked up where she cannot access it

1 Like