My daughters father has randomly come into her life and wants more time: Thoughts?

Why are you letting him do this???

Say no. Go to court. Maintain the every other weekend only.

Go to court and get his visitation rights in writing - then stick with it!

And if you don’t have the money for a lawyer, there are plenty of free services snd family court will guide you. Contact the courts and stand your ground!

1 Like

Nope dont do it its probably a ploy to get out of paying maintenance and get you to pay it to him x

Tell him he can have everyother weekend and holidays like anyone else if he dont like it he can Pay for a lawyer and thats what they will give him

First this no ones business second GET A LAWYER it is there business

What does your daughter want?

First thing to do, get a lawyer. Urgently. The ex is looking to take mom to court to get complete custody of the girl. Bad idea to have allowed more and more time with her father, but that’s done. And immediately, tell dad his daughter will NOT spend with him but the original time, once every other weekend. Get a good, nasty lawyer. Hurry, woman!!

3 Likes

Get court appointed visituation & he has to be there

3 Likes

No. He needs to be there when she is.

2 Likes

No, are you out of your mind?

Have you established guardianship, if not, he could keep her and not give her back if he is listed on her birth certificate. There is nothing you can do about it, so if not, get it done before she goes there again

5 Likes

Dont be hurt be pissed. Get a lawyer asap. Go to the family court and tell your story. They will help you

1 Like

No way!!! Not a good situation. It’s like they’re trying to get you out of the picture. :rage::rage::rage:

Go to court and get it in writing…and child support.

Don’t worry about his wife. She has nothing to do with your daughter.

Go back to court his visitation is just that . No his wife’s

1 Like

Remember the kid doesn’t know the struggle, it’s still new

1 Like

Don’t let her go but every other weekend.

If you push you might end up with every other week visitation.

nope, get visitation in writing

Wake up mommy
Somebody wants to take your child. No court, then no visitation

And you just let him take her for that long, more to the story.

I would not have even allowed him to have her every weekend. :woman_shrugging:

Lawyer up go to court get a prearranged visitation order for HIM to abide by :bangbang:

If his wife can’t have children, this is the least expensive way they can raise a child together. Be wary!

3 Likes

If you dont have it court ordered you dont have to let her see him ar all. Say no to 4 days. Say no whenever you want but you need it court ordered

I went through that. He ended up trying to get custody. Beware.

Best wishes for a healthy solution!

No. Don’t do that! For him. But not her.

so just say no…you have no one to blame but yourself…sorry ((hugs))

Don’t lie or deny her the option.

Attorney…unfortunately. Their adults treating childish adults to get bk to reality.

Yeah no. Court ordered period!

2 Likes

Get your daughter you tell him when do not let him play you

Get court ordered visitation …

Simple, don’t let her go

Just trying to get out of support… get a lawyer

Don’t do anything without court approval. Write everything down. Get a good lawyer.

Lawyer up! This is just WRONG.

1 Like

Get a lawyer, put the kabosh on it.

1 Like

Go to court and get it writing

Simple…go back to every other weekend PERIOD!

Go to court for only every other weekend visits. Due to school she should be at one home during the week and of course you need at least some weekends with her. He left and resurfaced so you make the rules now.

1 Like

Did you and him get a divorce? If so, do you have Custody? If so, you do NOT have to allow him to see her at all. YOU need to put your foot down and do NOT allow your daughter out of your site!!!

1 Like

My stomach did a flip. No , No , No.

Be glad he has changed his ways and came back into her life. Don’t be hurt, be glad that you have others to love your child as much as you do. Talk to him about your feelings, or talk with them both. Dont put your child in the middle. Maybe he doesn’t see it the same as you do. Ask him how he feels and build a better co-parent relationship. Don’t listen to all these other people. Not every man has alternate motive, is trying to take your child or wants out of support. Some men really do change, grow up and realized they missed out and try to make it up. Nothing better than both parents loving a child and a bonus family to love them as well. Your child will thank you for it later.

1 Like

stop wining an go get a lawyer asap

That would be a hard nope

Stay with every other weekend

get a lawyer girl!!! get a rit of habeas corpus (not sure of spelling)

Always kids in middle. No Child support no visitation. Talk to your Lawyer and put your foot down. To many women let mem walk all over them.

1 Like

Go to court, follow judges orders to the t.

Easy say no now one day a month and you require him to be there.

Seems like you’re getting feelings involved. Is your daughter being cared for? Is he working? Are you questioning her when she returns? Why? See as women sometimes we feel intimidated or the other woman is trying to take our place. Not so. Remember, she really owes you nothing. Just the fact she’s there with your child and is ok with it is a plus. Have you tried to get to know her. Remember, your child will be in company. Try to have a descent relationship with her. Why? For the sake of your daughter. Take your feelings out of it. Have a conversation with BOTH of them because believe it or not she’s married to him so yes she has a say so whether you like it or not. Build the relationship with her. It can be a blessing or a curse. You decide. Get out of your own way. Looks like she’s encouraging the relationship between the dad and her. We only have your side. It’s 2 sides to every story.

3 Likes

Simply following the court order if you have one if not see the ag and get to court

What do your custody papers say! Abide by the ruling and don’t give an inch!

1 Like

Draw the line. That’s to much.

no court would ever agree to this

Let the courts decide . If you have primary custody then it’s up to you as how much time he gets

1 Like

Hell to the no…if what you say is true.

All a sudden because he has someone else to watch her.
That stinks.
Your going to have to compromise.
Time split in half, alternate weekends.
If he can’t agree to that , go to court.
Does he financially support this child?

I lost my oldest two because my ex- after 12 years of not even talking to them- found a woman that had more money than me. Of course she did. Mike did not pay child support.

Just say NO to his unreasonable demands. Lawyer up .

If it’s not court order then no

Since she died, mike has no contact with any of his four children. I have two of them here in az. He could stay on my couch. Even though he broke my face.

They were 19 and 17 at the time. She died in a house fire that Mike started.

you need to speak to a lawyer- get a formal custody agreement

Go to court. That’s a hard no.

Please get an attorney and set up legal visitation asap. He could be setting it up to say you don’t spend time with her or worse, so ge can get custody. I went through something very similar years ago.

Go to court get a judge to assign one day a week and every other weekend with the contingency to revisit in three yrs when she is older too young to be away from you that much also if he can prove you been letting his wife keep her for extended periods of time he can go get custody and use that against you my family works social services so I know of what I speak get to court right now lady

You need an attorney and need to set legal visitation.hes taking advantage of you. Dont give him extra time til you get a hearing. You have been raising her.

If she has primary custody of the child there shouldn’t be a problem. If he continues to keep the child he may take her to court to get custody on the grounds of being unfit, she needs to have custody and visitation written in stone quickly.

no way would a stranger be getting my kid. something sounds off.

Keep your daughter at home and go to court and get everything in writing stating your daughter is with her dad and not wife if he wants to see her himself do it

I don’t think we all know the whole truth to this story?

Ever heard of attorneys?

follow the divorce decree sounds like their getting ready to take her away from you. You want to keep her better be ready for a fight.

A lawyer. Clear and concise visitation plans.

Get a free consultation for an attorney to see your options

Hell no…just hell noooooo…and don’t go all in with the court shit either cuz I’m telling you right now it will lock you down even if you initiate it… Evaluate thoroughly quickly and go with your intuition…if he’s up to something now it’ll really be something in another 3 years…you might wanna disappear…never trust a MF acting that way…cuz you are correct it’s not normal at all !!!

Seek legal advice please

Get a good custody lawyer!

Don’t let her go there period

You better learn how to set boundaries and say no! Shit. Go through the courts and request a background check on that woman! Him as well! Hell nah!!! Not happening. You need to ease into visitations with supervision!!! Be your childs advocate and protector!!! Sounds like some no good funky stuff. Maybe to take her from you? To pay less child support? :woman_shrugging:t2: you better find your spine and use it!! No. Courts and mediation.

Don’t let her go that mucj

Contact the courts!!!

Get a lawyer fast and tell him oh hell no. Every other weekend and be damn lucky your getting that asshole. After being absent for 3 yrs. Oh hell no

Shouldn’t have never happen

Tell him to fukk off!

No no no, lawyer!!!

Just block him out so she can look for him after shes an adult and realize what a cunt you are…you’re welcome

Do yourself and your child a favour and get a parenting plan draw up by a lawyer.

This parenting plans are there to protect the child and their rights and it puts stability in her life as well.

4 Likes

What you do is say no. Too bad if he wants more time he can take you to court and yall can let the courts figure it out.

1 Like

He’s probably writing down recording every single day he has the child for court. I would simply say “no I’m sorry I want my daughter full time you can have her every weekend.” If he asks why bring up the past and say you are her full time care giver. It shouldn’t have even gotten to the point of him having her 4 days a week. Be more assertive. ESP until u go to court.

4 Likes

Lawyer time. Stop being so nice.

1 Like

If there is no court order do not let her go only every other weekend. U dont have to even let her do that but it’s better then nothing

He abandoned his daughter, a toddler, for 3 whole years & now that he has a new wife he wants back in her life? & half of these comments are saying he deserves 50/50? He’s only back because his wife is probably telling him he needs to be in her life. & the time he’s asking for he isn’t even home?! Like I said, it’s the wife who wants your daughter. I bet she can’t even have kids & wants to play mom with yours. None of this “oh he can’t be a dad because he works?!” Bullshit. How are you people not seeing right through this?! Dad didn’t care for 3 years and now his wife is telling him to stop being a deadbeat. He isn’t even spending time with her. If he wants to be a dad so bad how about he gets her on the days he actually has time for her? If the parents are together and the dad works all day the child will be home with MOM. Not some random lady her dad just so happened to get hitched to. How does this man deserve 50/50 custody when he had nothing to do with her for more than half her life?! He didn’t give a shit until his new wife. Take this fucker to court and make sure you question why the fuck now? Why does he all of a sudden have an interest in your daughter after 3 years of no contact & a new marriage? This is just a huge no from me. You don’t get to be a dad just when you feel like it. And you people want her to give him 50/50 custody? Fuck outta here.

Just set a real set schedule tell him he can have her every other weekend. If he gets mad then tell him we can take it to court to get a set agreement on days he can’t ignore