My ex wants to take our child across the country to meet a woman he hasn't even met: Advice?

No way I would let him take your child to meet someone he never meet😱 he is crazy to event think that🙄

1 Like

If they aren’t dating, so your kid meets another person. You can’t shelter them from everything. The only thing you don’t know is if she is trustworthy. Then again, parents hurt their kids all the time and they’re supposed to protect them!

How old is the child? Is your family trip worth more than the safety of your child? Tell him “no” and stick to it. If you have full custody then let him be mad. I’d want my child safe with me instead of across country whether it caused problems to a family trip or not.

1 Like

Who knows, maybe he doesn’t like to pay child support. No way I wouldn’t let him go.

1 Like

If he really wants to go see this woman, he needs to go alone. He needs to know who she is before introducing her to his children. Same thing holds for divorced or single mother letting her kids meet her new man.

.there is no way I would let my child go across the country to meet someone his father hasn’t even met. Contact a lawyer about this and at yhe same time find out about your family trip.

My biggest concern would be that they haven’t met in person. She could be a psycho. But he is your son’s father and if custody agreement doesn’t prohibit it, not much you can legally do about it.

follow your instincts. protecting your children is more important than a trip or a pouting ex

1 Like

This wouldn’t even be open to debate. Human trafficking and kidnapping could be played out. I wouldn’t even let a child meet someone you have dated briefly let alone meeting a stranger. Protect your child. Period

For good reasons who knows what she is like. She could do physical and mental harm to child

If you have custody, check to see if he can take the child out of the state.

I would be concerned as well. However, if it’s his parenting time, he can legally use it however he wants :woman_shrugging:t3: and can introduce your child to as many strangers as he wants. As long as your child isn’t put into harms way, he can do it unfortunately

4 Likes

NO…How you know he going to bring son back?..he can bring her over here…if it so important…NO NO NO

2 Likes

There is probably something in the custody agreement that they can’t leave state lines without permission

1 Like

I agree 100%. This is someone he’s never even met. It’s not healthy to bring strangers in and out of your kids lives. You get to know them and make sure you’re compatible first.

There is no why he would be taking my child across the country to meet a woman he doesn’t know.

Why doesn’t the she come to the he??? Son can stay in safe zone and still meet the she if he so chooses ???

He is not legally permitted to take the child out of the country without your permission. What if it does work out and he doesnt bring him back! Dont be a fool!

No, no, no, he needs to go meet her by himself first, then if he makes it back home maybe let your son go with him to meet the new woman a year or so later if it last that long.:joy:

No no no way! If he’s going across country to meet a strange woman, why would he want the child to join? He’s not traveling that far for a cup of coffee!! Think about it, when they want to be alone , where’s the kid?

First of all, NO! you don’t say how old the child is. It’s not in the best interest of the child to include him in this personal issue.

Absolutely not!!! Someone’s lost their damn mind. The safety of the child is first and foremost!

If you’re the custodial parent, a flat NO is enough. No ifs, ands, or buts. Period. Case closed.

No, he may never bring the child back!

1 Like

How old is your child? Age and development plays a huge role in whether or not they have the capacity to handle meeting new people and understanding it. Road trip? Flight? What’s the child want?

If my ex wanted to take a two week trip with my kids, on the road and experience a handful or landmarks and opportunities, including meeting some random person for a day, that would be fine. For a weekend quick trip, I would have concerns.

Really u have to stand up for your child and say no, the way this world is now no no

Tell him no but Hell no! And if he pitches a baby for give him his binky and tell him to shut up.

1 Like

He should have enough sense to know that shouldnt be done…tell him no and check with a lawyer

Bring her to meet him at your home…or not at all…family function would just be missed…

No way would he take my child any where like that !

He’s the dad. It’s as much his child as yours

1 Like

ABSOLUTELY NOT! it doesn’t make sense and of it doesn’t make sense somethings amiss.

1 Like

Who has custody? If its u then say no end of discussion

I think your suggestion is good, and he can not stop u from taking a family trip, so explain just that when he brings it up that it’s a family trip

I use to tell my co worker, " practice this word, NOOOOOOOO"

Keep you son at home an drop your ex,as a divorced father, I would never introduce my kids to strangers I haven’t met, how many tymes have people faked profiles, look at craigeslists

I wouldn’t feel comfortable with the out of town meet. It seems suspicious IMO

1 Like

No way , you meet her first and get know her and if is good after a couple of months maybe

Don’t let your ex take your son. He’s lacking in common sense. Putting your son in harms way.

What does your gut say? A mamas instinct is rarely, if ever, wrong.

1 Like

Why on earth are you even considering allowing this? Get serious about being a Mother and tell him to forget it!

NO WAY!!! Stick to your instincts. Your main job is to keep your child safe. I would say absolutely not.

First of all, how old is your son? My ex stole my son in an elaborate scheme and took him across to the east coast. He was on his way to NYC. To sell him…we eventually found him 6 weeks later in West Virginia, by the grace of God, and my son had been sexually assaulted…he was 22 months old…and when we got him back his front teeth were busted out, crud peeled from between his toes and left them bleeding. The VERY same socks he had on when he was first taken…Be VERY CAREFUL! In just what you allow your ex to do…

1 Like

All you women saying no. How do you know that mommy is living right? Every woman i know just wants to screw their exs over. Take him sir, and if all is good, leave mommy crying at home. She deserves it.

When a fool is a fool, what can you do?

1 Like

How old is your son? Just say no. Not across the country. Why do you care if he gets mad?

I’m sorry, but why would you even ask that question!

He should go not take the child till later in the relationship

I personally would not allow it if he hasn’t met her yet

No way in hell. This woman could be anyone.

You don’t say how old your son is but I would definitely say no

Not your choice. He gets to choose who he is around while he has your son.

I was dating my husband for 6 months before meeting the children!!!

You are so right he should go and meet this woman first. Do not take a child into a situation you know nothing about. This woman could be a bad person. So no!!!

It might be the last time you see your son, think hard about this

1 Like

How old is the child.?

Not a good idea for your son to go. I totally agree with you

2 Likes

If u dont have anyone around the kids then he cant say that u have a right to say what u said

Absolutely not! You may need a lawyer

2 Likes

Sex trafficking runs rapid in this country, for the safety of your son, do not let him go to meet a stranger!!!

He may not come back get a court order that he can not take him !

2 Likes

Absolutely not. End of.discussion…

Call your attorney. You may need something from the courts to stop him.

1 Like

I would not let me take him we dont know what kind of person she is

He should meet this woman first I agree with the mom

1 Like

No way would I let him take him. You can say no. It’s the law you can’t take over state lines

No judge is going to agree to him doing this

B s he should not take them around anyone he dates for months like 6

I would get an injunction against him…somethings up!

1 Like

Absolutely not…just my opinion. He doesn’t even really know her himself.

Absolutely not. No way no how!

Definitely NOT… No way no how never…

Meet whom you like…and not in my house…my kids are busy living their own lives…ijn…amen…GBU…

1 Like

Don’t let him take your son. You never know what he may have planned.

Do it YOUR way, he has no right doing it his way!!

Nope!!! Not SAFE on MANY levels!!! :flushed::sweat::heart::pray:

What if he decides not to come back

I wouldn’t even have to think about it! NO!

You are right don’t let the child go

Watch Not without my daughter. There’s your answer!

1 Like

Why are you even posting your laundry on here. I’d tell him hell no!!!-

1 Like

Naw tell him your taking them to go meet a man you never met??

No Way do what U think is best for your child

Hell no. Wouldn’t happen if it was my child.

Children are not pets.

Wouldnt bother me. Not a big deal.

Really? You need to ask?:flushed:

1 Like

No way sorry about your luck

Hell no … she could be a catfish who the hell knows. No no no

1 Like

That would be a NO!!!

Sounds like my ex husband

Your right!!! Another country !!! Way too far…virus??? No no no!!!

Stand your ground on this!!!

Dee da dee. What do you realty think

Really u have to ask he could be going anywhere

Nonononono what does your gut say??

It’s a bad idea. Get a judge to stop it.

You have to trust dad he would not let any one harm his son. You have to get over your son liking the women, just remember your son loves you, like is nothing for him to get over.

Hebis not allowed to take him out of state with out your permission. Text or email so you have priof that you said no. If he does it anyway you can call the police and he can be charged with kidnapping and child endagerment

1 Like

Hell no, my ex is like this too freaking narcissistic its always been his way or no way then I got custody of my daughter and it drives his ass crazy always making trouble when he can’t have his way!!!