My ex wouldn't allow our girls to be part of my wedding

Be the better person And allow those girls in the wedding. Teach by example. You can’t change the past.

1 Like

Don’t use your kids as pawns

1 Like

Do nothing just because he’s a dick doesn’t mean you gotta be, be the grown woman that you are and let it be. That is just childish. I would however meet her, make sure she’s treating the kids good, if you share custody…

I can’t understand who has done what because you’re referring to your current husband as well as your ex as ‘my husband’. Who wouldn’t let your daughters come to your wedding last year, your new husband or your ex? Who is putting your children in their new wedding, their father or did you break up with your new husband?

I’m assuming you’re trying to say the ex husband, father of the children, is the problem for you in both of these situations?

You can’t prevent him from having his own children in his wedding. (He also couldn’t have prevented you from doing this and you shouldn’t have given in just because it’s easier. What about the children? How will they feel that you didn’t fight to have them in your wedding but their father did?)

Give it up and don’t be petty just because he is. It’s not good for the kids and ultimately it doesn’t matter to you one way or another if you’re only trying to stop it because of what he did to you and not because of any other issues with your children being involved.

1 Like

Do you have a court order? If so, he can’t stop ypur kids from being in their mothers wedding. Don’t let him keep controlling you. Talk to a lawyer and stop this behavior before it gets out of hand.

Sounds like some childish crap that needs to stop!! You all are only hurting your children!! Grow up and be adults!!

3 Likes

I’m sorry you got married without your children?? :woman_facepalming:
Now you allow him to act like that, again???
Girl… Smh
If you don’t have a custody order, frigging get one.

As a mom, how did you NOT have your children at your wedding? I can’t imagine a scenario where I would allow anyone to tell me no, especially an ex! Dear lord :woman_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

Cause you allowed him to do something that stupid. Now look he doing the same thing. Now you explain that to US.

The only reason he didn’t allow the girls to attend your wedding was jealousy. Now that he’s getting married and making them a part of the ceremony.

The only thing that matters is how your children will learn from this. What do you want to be teaching them?

2 Likes

Is just to show you he’s the “better parent”.

1 Like

Well that’s your fault for allowing him to continue to control your life even after divorce… it’s not fair but you apparently agreed so not much u can do about it now… I’d definitely recommend you start sticking up for your own life and that of your daughters if they are apart of yours that is. Who has custody? Do you share it? There’s too much of the story missing for any real advice.

8 Likes

Life is unfair. Don’t ever roll over to him again just because he’s a prick. Good luck🤞

If you don’t have custody or partial, unfortunately there’s nothing you can do.

Well, you ALLOWED him to have a say in it. I’m sense either you don’t have full custody (or aren’t the custodial parent) or you are just plain allowing your ex to control things he really shouldn’t. At this point, because y’all are already married, I would just kill them with kindness. Allow the girls to be a part of his wedding. When they get older, or even now, they will wonder why. You need to be prepared when they do. Don’t use your children as pawns against each other. They will resent both of you for it.

Feel sorry for his wife. She married a child.

5 Likes

I wouldve never in a million years excluded my children from my wedding … but thats just me I guess.

7 Likes

As a mother you should be ashamed of yourself for marrying a man who didnt want YOUR CHIDRENT apart of your wedding then have the audacity to feel some typw of way because they are in there dads wedding??? First off if a man cant except my kids as OURS and make sure they are included in our big life events then aint no way in hell i would marry him

1 Like

­l­ g­e­t p­a­l­d o­v­e­r $ 1­3­0 per ho­u­r w­0­r­k­ing fr­om h­0­m­e­. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17009 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Info Here >>> https://dollarincome94.wixsite.com/my-site

Be the bigger person. You don’t want to stoop to his level. Be an example to your girls. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’d never let my ex tell me my kids can’t be in my wedding if I get remarried I’m so sorry you felt you couldn’t because of his immaturity.

2 Likes

Both of you should love your kids more than you hate each other. 🤷

2 Likes

Why would you celebrate an occasion such as your wedding without your kids because a man said so… You birthed them babies… Seems like you give your ex way to much power and say so.

I’m a mean lil thing, id be spiteful and book a trip to Disney or somewhere the same week as his wedding and disappear… if they couldn’t come to my wedding I’ll be damned if they’re in yours.

He can’t tell you, you have no say so. And if you keep listening to him then he’s always gonna think he can control and boss you around. Get a backbone and stand up to your ex.

2 Likes

I know an ex who would try to control things like this. When it came to family vacations, birthday parties etc… I find that the person who was married goes along with it out of guilt or some other reason. They will always push to cross the boundaries unless they are set.

Why are you complaining about your decision to allow your ex to dictate about whether your daughters could attend your wedding. Only you are responsible for your decisions and now you claim they aren’t fair. Grow up.

4 Likes

You can let it go. Two wrongs won’t make it right. He was wrong when he didn’t want your kids in it and you were wrong to marry him now you have to reap the consequences of having dealt with him to that extent to begin with. If your girls want to be apart of it let them bc I’m sure when the other two grow up they’ll say the same like why did you even marry the guy if he didn’t want them in it

It’s not. Your ex is an AH. He has absolutely no say in what happens when the girls are with you and vice-versa. Going forward stand up an tell your ex to F-off… nicely. Keep standing up for yourself. He’s a controlling jerk and he’s used to getting what he wants.

2 Likes

He’s your ex for a reason Drama or not he had No say in your new relationship period!!!

Do you not have custody of the kids? I feel like that only way this could have happened. If that’s not the case you didn’t fight hard enough for them to be there or they would have been. That’s on you.

1 Like

That’s your EX. Why are you calling him your husband over and over? And unless it was his country appointed weekend or something out of the country where you’d need him to agree how did he have a say??? I’m so confusion… you really have allowed him to have control over your life AFTER y’all have been divorced. I feel bad for your husband and for the future wife. But mostly for the children: this can not be a good co-parenting relationship at all.

4 Likes

You always had/have a say…they are your kids too. Letting him control you now is on you. Stand up for yourself

4 Likes

Wow! You’ve Got to be joking😳 seriously… You have 2 daughters not even at your wedding and you’re Allowing this because why? Are you afraid of him? That’s not good.

2 Likes

Let it go. He’s clearly a narcissistic A hole so don’t even give him the time of day. Let the girls enjoy their fathers wedding.

You allowed him to take control when he had literally no legal pull to keep them from your wedding…So I would take some accountability for that. You choose to let him have control over your daughters being in your wedding. Don’t sweat it, honestly. Sounds like he’s someone else’s nightmare now!

3 Likes

You messed up when you let him tell u what to do with your kids and your husband

11 Likes

I imagine that if your ex was a fair man, he would not be your ex. I think your best move would be to encourage your girls by being happy for them to be involved in such an important event. Be the reasonable one. Set a positive example.

2 Likes

How do you not have a say but he did?

2 Likes

There’s so much more to this than what has been described…:roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Tell him if they are in his wedding then you will renew your vows with your husband so they can be in yours

6 Likes

I get the feeling that you don’t have custody of your children. Unfortunately you allowed him to control your wedding situation for whatever the reason. Now u want to say it’s not fair? Once again you’re allowing the ex to have his say. Why? Seems there is more to this story then just wedding plans.

8 Likes

You gave your ex husband a choice as to if your daughters were “allowed” to be in your wedding??? Try not to give him that power to make any decisions in your life…

5 Likes

Hell to the NO!! that’s some toxic shit right there. There is no way in hell I would have let my kids not be apart of my wedding when I remarry.
I understand the “drama” aspect but when it comes to your kids you’re going have to stand your ground. There should have been no if’s ands or buts about it.

He had no right, to tell you No.
You should have never played into his games. You could have set the date on a day that is your parenting time.
Now he did not have to let you have them. If it was during his time.

3 Likes

Have a recommitment ceremony don’t tell your ex do it on a time you have visits with your girls

1 Like

Cant do nothing about it now. Personally i would have had my kids no matter what he said just as he can do now.

1 Like

You should have had your girls there, regardless of what he wanted. But also they should be at his. Nothing you can do but not let him control everything.

3 Likes

He must have custody.

2 Likes

The fact you even agreed to not letting your own children go to your wedding is nuts! Your children should come before anything and anyone!

10 Likes

I hear others say there’s more to the story etc. renew your vows so they can be in yours. Etc. and the should have would have could haves.
Walk graciously. Your girls are watching. If they are happy to participate in the wedding, then support them. Yes, it may not have been “fair” that he didn’t “allow” them to participate in your wedding, but the girls will see that eventually. Life is not always so cut and dry. I hope, from all of this, that your take away may be to do some work on setting boundaries. Allow yourself to heal and find the resources and tools to better yourself against such “control”.

1 Like

You allowed him to dictate something he had no right to so…:woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

You screwed yourself on this a long time ago by allowing your EX to tell you what you can and can’t do with YOUR children. They’re your children. They’re his children. You each have a say. To “avoid drama” you listened to your ex and excluded your daughters from your wedding. There isn’t anything you can do.

8 Likes

Dummy…you let him win.

6 Likes

Tell him to fuck off

.im sorry but u should not have listened to him & now if u say no…ur stooping to his level

1 Like

Wtf ??? You agreed???

4 Likes

You screwed up by giving in to him about your wedding. Now he has the upper hand. And they should be in their dad’s wedding. It’s a memory for them. It’s not the kids fault or their dad’s fault you let all this happen.

4 Likes

I’m going out on a limb to say you don’t have custody of your children. Unless you got married when he had his time with the kids then you should not have given him that power. If it was your time to have the kids then you should of let them be in your wedding.

1 Like

You should have stood your ground for your wedding. Don’t let him be this controlling. You take control over your life, not your ex.

2 Likes

You can stop letting him control you.

2 Likes

Fuck that, tell him how it is an to go fuck himself controlling arse hole.

Why don’t you have a say? I’d have a say abs it would be “NO”!

1 Like

Be the bigger person and better parent and allow it. You don’t want in years to come him bemoaning the fact that the girls aren’t in his wedding pictures. Then that makes you look bad (even though he was too). Rise above it.

3 Likes

It’s sucks he put that on you for your wedding. Just remember it wasn’t fair for your kids not to get to participate in your wedding and it wouldn’t be fair to try to keep them from their dads wedding.

2 Likes

He had no right to tell you no. You should have kept them anyway and dealt with it in court. You would have come out ahead. My ex tried to pull the same stuff and it didn’t work out in his favor at all.

Not much you can do now unless the wedding is on your time. But he will still petition the court and get them anyway.

Also, it doesn’t matter if you’ve ever met her or not. It’s not your choice. It’s his whether or not to introduce you.

1 Like

You went ahead an got married without your kids present? What :pleading_face::pleading_face: almost sounds petty you not wanting them at his wedding… No point in acting the way he did, just to hurt him the way he hurt you. Let them be there, you made the mistake of going ahead without putting your foot down in your wedding, doesn’t mean you stoop to his level.

6 Likes

Should have planned your wedding on your days. There’s nothing you can do if his wedding is on his time. Don’t be a petty tit for tat ex.

4 Likes

Why did you marry someone who wouldn’t allow your children at your wedding?

2 Likes

Let them be in the wedding, it will bite him in the ass when they get older.

I’m shocked you got married. I’m also shocked that you let your ex control you. How did you move on to a new relationship with so much baggage? That sounds terrible.

1 Like

Let it go young one - don’t make drama - your lil’ girls love you all the same. Just think now your ex will have someone else to control. Be happy , young one . :sunflower::v:t4:

1 Like

Kin u not change date so it on your day or weekend then he.knt do nowt.xxx

Let it go. Life is not worth so much drama. This situation does nor change your relationship with your daughters. It’s an event. Move on.

1 Like

Yeah honey, you let him rule over something that he had no business too, now it’s time to fix it. I have tons of ideas on how to keep them from going, if your looking to get even, take em on vacation that weekend lol

3 Likes

Honestly, you should have stood up to him when you got remarried. But it’s not nice to not allow your girls to be in his wedding out of revenge. It’s not about him. It’s about your daughters getting to be in and at their fathers wedding, being included in a family milestone. It’s awful that they weren’t for yours but not allowing them in this wedding would just make 2 wrongs.

5 Likes

“My ex wouldn’t allow our girls to be part of my wedding” isn’t a question. I am beginning to believe you have bigger problems, like not knowing what a question is. Do you know what a question is?

5 Likes

Why did you need his permission? And vise versa? You both need to put your kids first.

4 Likes

Should have fought for them to be in your wedding. Once in a lifetime events are worth the drama imo

6 Likes

You’re no longer married to this man. He has no control over you anymore, put your foot down & stop listening to him. You’re married to someone else now the only people that matter are your girls. He has no say if your children were in your wedding but since you let him have his way he’s in control again. Take it back.

4 Likes

You do have a saying you’re the mother, don’t let them go out in the wedding

3 Likes

That’s your fault… your ex had no authority to deny your children being at your wedding… You allowed that… If it was his weekend you would’ve known that during the planning of your wedding… If you wanted them at your wedding you would’ve fought for it! I know that I would have never gotten married without all of my children there… even if I had to go to the courthouse on a random day

HOW IN THE HELL DID YOU LET HIM CONTROL YOU INTO THAT BS. Sounds like your a big part of the problem… he’s still controlling you and you’re separated… you need to grow some balls and stand up for yourself.

You said he was Controlling.

I wouldn’t do anything to be honest. Your girls will figure out what kind of person he is. When they ask questions about why they couldn’t be at your wedding, you tell them the truth but in a way that is supportive and kind.

7 Likes

Hell no!! U kids weren’t part of your wedding?

And to even consider keeping them from their dad’s wedding is selfish… Y’all are both childish and need to learn that y’all don’t matter in the situation … It’s about your kids!

2 Likes

You allowed him to keep them from your wedding. If you try to keep them from his wedding you will be being as petty as him. I say Have a small ceremony with out telling dad, so that your children can be part of a renewal of vows. I vote your hubby buy the girls daughter necklaces to present to them at the ceremony . Leave those necklaces home on dad visit days. Be better than their dad. Prayers

8 Likes

Your kids so I blame yourself for not letting them be in your wedding!! He still has dominance over you. This is why he doesn’t respect you. Once you left him you should have taken back your life and it seems like he’s still in control of it.

4 Likes

well, you were foolish to allow him to dictate to you to begin with, How foolish that was, I would see just what your daughters want to do, And please don’t be vindictive, Show them you are a grown up & not a child like he was.

7 Likes

If he had a say in your girls being in your wedding or even attending, then you have a say in them attending/ being in his. It’s a two way street🤷‍♀️. He’s not okay with it, then neither are you. Match his energy

4 Likes

Get u a lawyer and take him to court and let the courts do everything I am in the middle of this right now cause my ex-husband is in contempt he won’t allow me to see my kids at all he is going against court order visitation

2 Likes

Stop being a little girl and put your foot down and stand your ground. Stop letting these men run all over you

2 Likes

Love you momma , it’s hard let them decide by having them talk to a teacher or someone who isn’t on either side they can trust.

2 Likes

Be thankful that selfish, controlling man is ex.

2 Likes

just let them it’ll show udgaf about him and carry on with your life, jsut because he didnt allow them doesn’t mean u should be like him and be childish. First ask your girls if they even want to be in there and if they do then let them be. It’ll show the girls how to be understanding and who knows maybe you’ll all be a big happy family co-parenting and your children will have the best upbringing. Don’t stoop to his level be the great woman u know u are!

1 Like

You have to stop allowing him to control your life. He’s their father, not your husband

2 Likes

Who has custody of the children.

4 Likes

I totally understand the situation, you caved to avoid the toxic drama, but as far as he’s considered his rules don’t apply to him. At this point there’s nothing you can do, let it go. Be glad he’s getting married, she will take some of the focus off you hopefully. Maybe take the girls on a vacation and do a destination wedding at some point since they missed yours.

3 Likes

If there’s no custody agreement keep them your choice, tell him no. You are their mother you have a say tell him to quit being a hypocrite and get over it. He shouldn’t be doing that. I wouldn’t let it go.

4 Likes

Ummm be a grown woman and put your foot down

4 Likes

You’re just showing your girls it’s okay for a man to treat them that way. Why

5 Likes