My family entered my house knowing I wasn't there: Advice?

Set boundaries, change locks, dont hide extra keys outside ur house, security cameras

1 Like

The only person I allow in my place when I’m out is my sister, Trust her with my life, She’s like a mum I never had

Change your locks this sounds like a setup for bad news. I would leave the older keys in the same place and hide the new keys in a different spot.

3 Likes

Change the locks asap!

1 Like

Change the locks immediately! We had to get a numeric lock for our house and only a couple people who dont live here have the combination. We put it in after we got robbed twice.

2 Likes

Depends on the family dynamics. For my family, it would be whatever. But some may feel a way. I would make it clear you didnt like that. But they are also close enough to know where the key is… 🤷

3 Likes

How about talking to your family and telling them it makes you uncomfortable having them in your house when you arent there.

Tell them that’s not okay. Move the key or change the lock.

1 Like

If they have a key change the lock and tell them to let you know when they coming. If you left it unlocked well that is on you.

1 Like

If they can’t come when you are home, they have no business there. You certainly have a rude Family.

3 Likes

If you don’t want anyone in your house when your not there tell them so family or not, it’s your house if they go in without your permission then have them arrested, don’t be leaving keys for anyone to be able to go in. It’s as simple as that.

1 Like

Change the locks and don’t let anyone know where to find A key??

3 Likes

Tag them all on this post.

6 Likes

If you’re uncomfortable change the locks and address it. Personally I don’t care about my family doing that stuff but everyone’s family and trust and norms are different

2 Likes

Change the locks. Soon the entire town will know where the key is.

9 Likes

Change the locks but don’t tell them. And if you are not home they should know enough not to just enter

4 Likes

Change locks, do not keep a key outside and get cameras up. Also, as sad as it is to say, look for valuables that my now suddenly be missing. There is only one reason in my mind why someone would want to go into another persons house, uninvited, and after knowing no one is home…and that reason is not for anything good.

2 Likes

I’d start by moving the key…

1 Like

Find a new hiding place for the key.
I have my daughter’s code to get in her home but that does not make it OK for me to just go in anytime I want and I still knock when they are home.

4 Likes

Well if she knows where the key is, it’s time for a new hiding place, a Good one!! That’s very disrespectful on her part for just going on in when she knew you were not home. I’d put her in her place real fast!! Believe it!! U don’t just walk in someone’s house I don’t care if related or not, it’s called TRESSPASSING!!! She has no respect for you or anyone that lives there, it’s NOT her house to just let herself in anytime, anyway, for ANY reason!! I’d have a serious chat with her and if she don’t like your rules then she’s not welcome!! Simple as that!!

I think your boyfriend let them in and they had a threesome.

4 Likes

Think it’s time to change the lock, and hide the extra key somewhere not even google can find.

2 Likes

Just take the (not) hidden key and place somewhere else. Don’t say anything. No need to change the lock if that is the key to get in. Boyfriend needs to know the rules regardless whether your aunt or not. I have a spare in my shed but has a combination lock to get in and no one knows it is there except my son. He has his own anyway. My sister 1 1/2 hrs away has one for an emergency. Maybe get a box put on your place that needs a combination lock to get to the key? I assume boyfriend has a key?

1 Like

This happened to me once where I was the one getting the tour. I was visiting town and went to lunch w my uncle who drove me around town a while and he drove me to my cousin’s house he just bought and we got out and did a whole tour in which was awkward af for me because my cousin was at work LOL but my uncle was innocently proud af of him and was just showing off.

1 Like

I’d move the key. Then I’d have to ask why wait until I’m gone. And tell them to pass along this statement. If I find out someone else comes in my house when I’m gone, it’s being reported to cops. That’s unlawfull entry. They wouldn’t like it. Or do them that way and see how they like it.

3 Likes

My mom leaves her house unlocked all the time so if one of her kids or grandchildren need to get in they can

3 Likes

I guess if i trusted her i wouldnt care.

If this was me…
1.) I would tell her she’s lucky she didn’t get shot…
2.) I would change my locks.
3.) They wouldn’t be welcome at my home anymore.

3 Likes

Why would you tell them where your key is? That’s your own fault.

2 Likes

Move the key or change the locks that’s crazy

4 Likes

New hiding place for your key

2 Likes

Well if it bothers you then tell her.

Move the key and don’t tell anyone where it is unless it’s someone you want in your home. If for some reason you need someone to get into the house for an emergancy then move it after so they no longer know where it is. I would never go into a family members house just to take a tour, seems kind of crazy :woman_shrugging:

Change the locks and why

Make it clear that you do not appreciate ppl going to your house when your not there. Move the key and dont tellanyone where it is . No one…

What the hell any one can go in just got to look for the key change your locks I would be pissed why would they go in your home an you not there family is not always the most honest people stop leaving keys outside

Call the police and have them give her a scare

1 Like

You can get digital door locks you push in the button and the green blah blah blah and you will never need a cane and they work really good

1 Like

Hide the key, change the locks, put in a ring doorbell, and check for all your money and jewelry.

Go to hers when she is out,
Then sit on the couch in your underwear watching tv eating her food until she comes back.

See how she likes it :joy:

2 Likes

It’s kind of your fault for making the location of your keys known or they previously have been invited and some drama came up in your family and now you don’t want them around

2 Likes

I would have already flipped out. Not sure why you are asking people advice when you should of handled the situation and making sure it never happens again? Just disrespectful on her part and stupidity on yours. Women up and take care of it.

1 Like

I was going to say get All keys back. But…never mind…change the locks…front and back. And do not give anyone a extra. Nobody " comes through " unless you or husband are home and leave when you leave…if not before.

1 Like

Get digital locks and cameras so you can check on your cell phone and tell if she tresspasses you will inform the police

2 Likes

Change locks and hide your key better.

1 Like

Why would she give anyone a tour of your house?

1 Like

Flip the-F! out on them, Mami Chan style

1 Like

Change the locks and make it known why you’re changing them and no one outside your home gets a key

2 Likes

Change locks and don’t tell them where key is.

I would change the locks.

Change the locks and get a set for your boyfriend and one for you. Changing the location of the extra key doesn’t mean if she really looks for it she won’t find it

Move the key and lock the door :woman_shrugging:t2:

Um put your keys in a different hiding spot change locks why was your aunt giving a tour of your house

Nope. That’s fkd up. Move ya spare key & make it very clear that she has well & truly crossed the line. Personally I’d lose my shit

Well personally I would be ropeable … no invite = no enter. Change the place you hide your key and get a little security camera …

1 Like

I’d like someone to try! My in-laws used to try to pop up on me with my house a mess. I didn’t have kids yet but one Saturday morning they popped up after our Friday dinner hadn’t been washed. They never did so again.

Change locks or get surveillance cameras

2 Likes

They Overstepped Their boundaries Your House nobody Has The Right to enter Your Home Without You Being There or Being Invited To do so. and Then noggals Taking A Tour No Way in Hell Would I Have Tolerated That

Change the key location

Your house is your private space no one regardless of family has the right to enter without your permission, don’t leave a key anywhere. Tell them diplomatically that you would prepare that they waited for you to be home

Have keys cut for only the occupants. That way keys not available for anyone else unless you give it

Why do they think there getting the house but I would definitely change the locks don’t give any spare keys out definitely not be hiding one either ! I would also send a mass message that police will be called if anyone enters without permission

Get your boyfriend a key and keep keep yours in your purse lock the house and if she enters again have her arrested I wouldn’t put up with that crap the house is your and only people you invite are welcome

2 Likes

Hide the key in a different spot, don’t tell anyone! It is still trespassing when they enter the premises with out permission

Change the locks, have a key for you and one for your partner and don’t have a spare key outside of the house unless you can reallyyyy find a great place that your Aunt or anyone will even think of looking.

Tell your family that if anyone pulls that shit again, you’ll be filing a police report.

That shit isn’t okay.

Go to their house make some dinner have a bath and say oh I thought this is how it works👍

5 Likes

Change the locks and don’t tell people where your key is hidden :woman_facepalming:. Tell your aunt what she did is not ok.

2 Likes

They had no reason to go into your house

I would warn them if it happens again i will press charges for trespass and now i would change all the locks then ask how she would like it you taking someone and showing them around her home she would,nt like it would she

I would change the locks, put keys in new hiding places, and if that still didn’t deter them, I’d invest in a new security system and make sure the alarm is set before I left the house. No one is allowed in your home without your permission.

1 Like

Rule here is; Invitations only. Relatives once a month, 2 hours tops. Friends weekly, no limit.

1 Like

Get an alarm ! That will hopefully stop them !

F*** no man. Take the keys inside and tell them all no way!

1 Like

Don’t give a key to anyone…not anyone.

1 Like

Hide the key. Some ppl just have no boundaries

1 Like

Hell to the noooo! Psssh tf she need a tour of your house for? And dang for her to willingly go knowing you weren’t there!! Wow! Shaaaady! :grimacing::thinking::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::exploding_head:

2 Likes

Have the boyfriend hang around naked

5 Likes

Dont leave a key outside and lock the doors,always.let them know,you dont want anyone at all there when your away.

1 Like

Change your locks. Talking won’t do you any good. That is so not cool. The nerve. Yup, change those locks!

3 Likes

Change your locks. And tell her exactly how you feel. If you make her feel like you’re okay with it I guarantee she’ll do it again.

Change the locks and hide the key somewhere else also get an alarm don’t tell them the code and security cameras … You can get the for trespassing

3 Likes

don’t hide a key, and tell her you’ve installed a new alarm system

What!? A tour of your house for what? That sounds off to me. Nobody should be in your house without you there or your permission. Period.

4 Likes

Dont give access to other people with telling where the key is

Move the key an let them know that’s not ok. Cause it’s not. But some people really have no boundaries an expect others to do the same…

Change the locks, don’t leave a key out for them to get, and do not give anyone in your family a key. If they figure out how to get in after that, get them for breaking and entering. Also invest in a security system, that way you’ll have them on camera if they try to get in again!

2 Likes

Dont leave the keys where they can find them…better yet…bring your keys with you…give your BF his own set of keys.and tell your relatives personally…that they are not allowed to enter your house with out your permission…next time that happens…they will be charge with trespassing…

2 Likes

Your relative needs some GMRC…

That’s bullshit, change the locks! Trespassers will b prosecuted, u can also put up cams! Or just an ADT sign u can get at Lowes.

Am I the only one curious as to what the house looks like that would make someone want to give a tour of it? Lol
But seriously, change the locks and hide your key somewhere else.

6 Likes

change the locks & give no one keys…this is a no brainer :slight_smile:

1 Like

She probably took the key and had a remake of it

1 Like

Change locks.don’t hide a key anywhere

2 Likes

Change the lock and don’t give anyone the key.

Change the locks and put the hide a key somewhere else, and not obvious. Have a good talk with her and anyone who might try to pull the same crap. What if she didnt lock it back and your stuff was stolen or anything of that nature? She sounds like she doesnt respect you very much

1 Like

Tell them to keep the hell out of your house in less you’re home.

1 Like

Change locks and there are only 2 keys,yours and your boyfriend’s

id flip… move your key dont give her or anyone else easy access to your home… those closest to you will many times be the ones to take advantage or steal from you… granted my sister would just walk in if i knew she was coming and knew i was home just as we both did at my grandmothers… but this to “Tour” your home… come on now somethings off there

2 Likes

Does she have a key, change the locks and don’t give out keys to anyone.

Get a keyless entry, so you need a password to get in, not a key!