My fiance and I have had an ongoing disagreement about my daughter and cheering

Nope not at all get rid of him✌🏼

3 Likes

Absolutely not! You guys aren’t even married, right? It is YOUR decision, not his!!

6 Likes

I would not stop her. I would explain that she has been doing this a working hard to learn it and has done well in her studies. I would also tell the others if they would like to do sports or such they could. Good luck and God bless.

1 Like

No, you shouldn’t stop her from cheering. She has worked hard and deserves to be allowed to continue.

2 Likes

As a momma of 3. I would stick up for my daughter BC my kids always have and always will come before any dude.

7 Likes

Also, a real partner would be right there with you at comps cheering her on, not complaining and telling you to make her quit. You, and especially your daughter, deserve better! His behavior is disgusting and an attempt to control you…he’s already moved you away from everything. You don’t want to know what comes next.:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

3 Likes

Let her cheer. It’s something she’s done and she loves well before he came into the picture. I feel like it would cause her to resent you and the fiancé if you take it. I would stick up for my daughter if it was me. It’s not her fault his kids don’t do sports.

1 Like

No. Think of your daughter. It’s a life time of memories.

2 Likes

Children are different. Support their interests, don’t deny or force because of a siblings interest.

2 Likes

Absolutely not. Do not rip away your daughters passion. He needs to take his head out of his ass and stop being selfish. I don’t think this has anything to do with the children. It sounds like he doesn’t want to to travel and is hiding behind the children excuse.

Don’t stop her! And he sounds like an asshole

Get rid of the fiance not cheer

10 Likes

Absolutely not !!! Let that baby cheer. Its her fault her siblings chose not to do sports or any activity. He sounds selfish and almost a bit jealous. Keep jer in it kids come first. If he can’t see that then throw the whole ass man away.

don’t make her stop…she loves cheering . let her do what she loves doing…kids always come first. And if he is gonna make her stop maybe he is not the one for you. He should be supporting yours kids as well

2 Likes

Kids always come first before any man. You know what to do.

2 Likes

I think you need to rethink about marrying this guy you just don’t punish the child for doing great job if he don’t get his kids involved in sports or etc that’s on him he knew before you moved in she was in sports is he jealous ? I can’t not do i want to image what else down the road will he not be wanting your kids to do or want best get this straightened out before anything becomes permanent or your kids are gonna suffer they will end up hating the both of you My advise would be to move back out until you two can realize kids come first and all children are different and require different things like sports,education, medical,you got a blended family so I’m assuming there are other parents involved I would think your ex would be pissed and his ex probably pissed & jealous cause you & your daughter great role models taking that away from your daughter would be wrong in so many ways Come on what the crap going on sounds me like you better keep your eyes open every instinct I have tells me there is more motives with him get out before it’s to late any normal man would be supportive

3 Likes

He is wrong. Stand by your child. No man first.

3 Likes

the real problem here seems to be the statement “on going disagreement” your daughter needs and want to stay in cheer and you never considered her not doing that when you moved in with your BF. it sounds like a control issue, and he is keeping this going until you give in and he gets his way. I hope you haven’t burned any financial bridges in the move, like selling your house or leaving your job, you’ve already taken the life your daughter knew away, and if this man is already set on limiting both her and your life more now, you may be in for a rude awakening.

No, it’s like any other sport, would he feel the same if was softball, or volleyball? Let her do what she loves. See what the other kids like. Crafts, art, sports it’s never to late.

Never let her do she luvs. It is a great outlet for her. More kids need to be involved in things. Keeps them out of trouble gives them passion an a purpose.

Absolutely let your daughter cheer. She’s worked and dedicated herself to it. Reconsider anyone who would even consider telling you she shouldn’t honestly

If you take that from her it would destroy her. It’s not fair to take that away from her. This isn’t good that he is wanting this. I’ve been there done that and maybe you should take a step back and make sure you 100% know you are doing the right thing for your kids and yourself. The jealousy and trying to control you and your kids only gets worse!!! R U N…!!

2 Likes

She is your child, let her do what she loves. His kids not being interested should have no effect on her, not her problem

3 Likes

You should absolutely not pull her from cheer. She’s worked so hard for this and she deserves it. Kids need those things.

4 Likes

No do not make her stop! It’s something she’s interested in or she wouldn’t be doing it for so long. She could very well go into college with this.

1 Like

You should have made these decisions before moving in with him. Don’t punish the kids for your enjoyment. It’s not their fault. Your putting your feeling before your kids. That’s not fair at all. Let her cheer!!!

4 Likes

Of course she shouldn’t stop. Now, is he REALLY complaining about having to pay half the bills for the competitions, travel, fees etc? Honestly, I wouldn’t involve him even in that way.

1 Like

Nope! No, NO!! As a mom of a daughter that is 12 and is going on her 6th year of cheer, 4th year of All star. I know the level of commitment it takes. She has worked her way up to a level 3 all star elite team and I have 2 other children as well. And I would never take her from cheer! My middle plays soccer and does All star dance. My son just turned 5 and wants to do soccer and basketball and guess what? I’ll make it work for all of them. Because it’s what they want to do. For a while my middle didn’t want to do anything and I didn’t make her but I also didn’t stop my oldest just because my middle chose not to. And we also travel. 40 min one way for practice 2-3 times a week. That does not include competitions!! You either need to put your foot down or rethink this relationship with this man

2 Likes

Get rid of him. He’s obviously completely fine with your daughter having animosity towards him AND you, plus, it seems he’s looking for control somewhere. My fiance would never dare ask me to make a decision like that about my son. He also knows that I would never do anything like that for him if he did decide to ask. I think your fiance is testing to see what he can get away with.

3 Likes

He is absolutely wrong! Why should you hold your daughter back because none of the other kids want to do extra stuff like her. I just signed my daughter up for cheer and was Leary cuz she just turned 7 and it’s mad expensive but I feel if it’s something she wants to do I’m gonna support her and let her try and see how it goes just like when she tried dance for a season and ended up hating it lol but just because none of the other do anything like that shouldn’t stop what she loves to do and has worked for. I don’t get where he thinks that’s ok at all.

Do you want to marry a man who is so unfair and ridiculous like this? He doesn’t accept your kids like one of his own. That’s going to make for a long, miserable marriage

4 Likes

If you make her stop doing something she loves then you’re worst than he is. He makes zero sense with this. He Just sounds petty. What his kids do and don’t do shouldn’t have any effect on your kids.

2 Likes

Absolutely do not make her stop.

Dont make her stop. It’s her outlet and she’s thriving. If he can’t understand then that’s his own fault for missing out. Even if he doesn’t see the point, it’s not his child or decision. He doesn’t need to understand the point to he supportive.

So because the other 3 don’t do something she shouldn’t either? That’s completely ignorant. No way. Hes being ignorant. That’s a huge red flag too.

5 Likes

As a human being that didn’t get to do that stuff as a child. I definitely disagree with your spouse. I’d suggest trying to get the other half the family into sports or other activities like that. If they choose not to it’s on them. Don’t let your child’s future be hindered because of others.

1 Like

Sounds like he doesnt want his kids to be interested in this type of stuff cause he doesn’t want to pay for it or travel for it. Tell him that he isnt paying for it nor is he a decision maker for your kid and to worry more about why he is really asking this of you.

3 Likes

No you don’t make her stop it’s proven that sports keeps children out of trouble and away from the wrong crowds! Ypu just tell him the same thing you just did us and if he dont get it then he can leave or b quiet she is your child she works hard and honestly this sounds more like a control thing for him

2 Likes

Nope he should have no say in that at all the kids lives have already changed with yall moving out to the middle of no where and that shouldnt turn into what i am certain would feel like a punishment and also cause her to seriously not like your fiance if he wants his kids in sports or doesnt is up to him but just because his kids arent in to those things does not give him the right to expect your kid to give it up

NO NO NO DO NOT MAKE HER STOP period she loves it an if he cant understand that’s on him ur child ur decision not his

1 Like

No! Let her be in cheerleading. It’s hard enough she moved places.

No you keep her in cheer. One thing I’ve learned over the years kids who are involved in activities aren’t given the free time to get in trouble. Kudos to your daughter I’m a cheer mom as well and her accomplishments are remarkable!!! Just give same energy to the others if they chose to participate in ANY activity whether athletic or academic…,

No!! He is wrong for wanting you to hold your daughter back.

Yes, she should still get to. Don’t say she is my kid, so I have final say. It will then become an argument on other things. Talk about time she has done it, loves it: give an example of something taken away from him?

Absolutely not. This is something she has that she has had and I’m sure there’s more of an emotional connection to it then anyone wants to relate to. Sounds like he is afraid of the effort he may have to put in. It’s your duty to be their parents and if he can’t get on board then maybe he isn’t the right fit. Hopefully time and communication will help him

Screw that! Let that baby cheer!! :100: Don’t teach her that all her hard work is invalid just because of him not seeing how important it is!

1 Like

Absolutely not. He is being ridiculous. Many positive things come from children participating in youth sports. As you mentioned, it keeps them grounded, helps with their mental stability and confidence, social skills, work ethic, teamwork skills, the list goes on and on. No parent should ever want to limit opportunities for their kids. Not only should you let her keep cheering, but encourage and support her 100%!

My daughter cheer competitively as did I. Don’t pull cheer she’ll be devastated! Endless hours,tears, and hard work go into getting where she is. Your finance needs to be more supportive. Especially since you’re willing to allow all the kids to compete or do sports. It’s not your daughter’s fault they don’t want to. I think she’ll resent you and your fiancé if you pull her out.

2 Likes

She should be able to keep doing what she loves… not her fault his kids aren’t into anything like that.

1 Like

Do not make her stop. Sports, and cheer is a sport, are great for kids and like you said it keeps them grounded and focused, and can help them get into college if they choose to go. Just because his kids aren’t athletes doesn’t mean your child shouldn’t be.

2 Likes

Has he seen her cheer??

1 Like

Why post your personal issues on Facebook?

1 Like

Show him every comment in your post

3 Likes

Hell no, don’t make her stop. If she keeps going, it could get her into college!!!

1 Like

Do not make her stop! Personally, I would never let a step parent tell me what I can or can’t do with MY kids! And if you are supportive with his kids that’s on them that they don’t want to do anything. Your daughter has worked so hard and deserves this plus I’m sure you’ve spent alot of $$$ to just stop now. I’d loose him over my daughters happiness any day.

7 Likes

If it’s something she truly loves and has worked hard for and dedicated time for absolutely NOT!! If the other children want to join a sport let them join a sport, but all kids are different!! My daughter plays basketball and softball and loves it, my little boy is built tiny he’s tried football and all and wasn’t a fan so he doesn’t play anything by his choice!

1 Like

Just please do not stop because he doesn’t want it for her or the rest don’t do any sports

2 Likes

You pull her bc he doesn’t think it’s fair will in the end make her hate the both of you.

4 Likes

Never make her stop. Also sounds like she had to already give up alot to live where you are now

1 Like

No, you’re not wrong for letting your child pursue their passion. My parents didn’t tell my brother he had to quit football because I decided I didn’t want to do sports anymore, because thats not right. If his kids don’t have a passion they want to pursue, thats on him and their mother 🤷🏻

1 Like

She can get a college scholarship and also cheer for major football teams .

2 Likes

I would never let any man tell me not to support my kids activities. Thats insane. I’d leave him before i even asked her to leave her passion.

3 Likes

You tell that mfker that your daughter that you’ve supported all these years in doing what she loves, isn’t going to stop just because he feels it’s “cheating” his kids out of traveling or whatever his issue is…

2 Likes

Hell no! Let her continue. My oldest isn’t athletic at all BUT she’s into art. That’s her thing and I will do anything for her to express that. Every kid has something and needs it. She worked hella hard to be where she is and if hubby doesn’t like it well he can go somewhere else with that BS.

1 Like

Absolutely do not make her stop! Being a part of something like that is priceless and she’s learning so much more than just cheering! When she gets to the high school, she may want to cheer for her school so she may not be traveling anymore. I have family in all star cheer in PA, and they are doing better than any of my cousins kids actually, so I’d say keep going!

2 Likes

He has issues if he has a problem with your children doing extracurricular activities , its not unfair his kids don’t find interest in sports or other activities. I would NEVER take my kids out of something they love to satisfy another person’s insecurities.

2 Likes

Keep her in it or she might turn to drugs if she isn’t kept busy

1 Like

Don’t let him make you take her out! She is doing something she loves and who knows maybe a career could come of it. I have a friend you cheered her butt off as well and she ended up being a Houston Texans cheerleader for a few years. Don’t extinguish that passion!!!

No! You are doing it right. Keep it up and if he doesn’t get it then move out and move on

3 Likes

Theres no reason to stop her from cheering.He is absolutely in the wrong and if he is making such a big issue then maybe just maybe he is not for you or your children.

3 Likes

If you force her to stop doing what she is good at and loves you are risking her having major resentment toward you for it and then eventually having your own resentment for your SO , the other children not doing sports like her is by choice and lack of push and encouragement to do so,doesn’t mean anyone has the right to take away from the one that does do something and loves it ,not to mention she could get scholarships for colleges and opportunities to one day cheer for NFL and stuff !

1 Like

Dump your shitty husband lmfao

Definitely keep her in cheer. You could turn this around on him and ask why he didn’t have his kids pursue extracurriculars. If his kids aren’t interested in those activities, I seriously doubt they care.

This is a hill to die on.

2 Likes

No. She loves it let her do it. The fiance should understand or kick rocks. Let that girl do what she loves. Think about what your kids have already had to give up and change. This would devastate her. Kids come before some dude. Your kids had to give up a lot already. Chances are they will end up acting out or becoming depressed if you make them give things they love up after giving up so much for you to be with some guy. Two families becoming one means both have to learn to adjust. Not just one side of the family being made to change. Explain the psychological stand point of all this change and ask him how he would feel if the tables are turned. What else will he demand next. Put your foot down.

2 Likes

No! It’s her outlet ; )

No! My daugher did dance since she was 5 and school band since 5th grade. She’s 21 now and still does both.

If he can’t understand and thinks it’s unfair to the other kids then he needs to work on his mindset and if it’s such a big deal with him then maybe he should find out what his kids want and like. But me personally I’d have dropped the whole damn man. Because all be damned if any man tells me my kids can’t do something… I’m glad I’m married to the man I am. Because my kids aren’t denied much as long as they are willing to work for and earn it I’m supporting it. We took in his nephew 2 years ago and I never once told that boy he couldn’t do a sport or anything. I have even done massive things to get this boy in with a football team being my kids and him are homeschooled

No cause there lazy n don’t want to don’t ruin ur daughters life

1 Like

Support your children in their efforts! Never take them out or away from something they enjoy or excel at! This is a good self-esteem booster and God knows, they need all the self-esteem boosting they can get these days. Let her follow her dream!

1 Like

Why is this a real question. Tell that man to shut up and mind his own business. What kind of world is he even living in?? What?? I just and flabbergasted at this!!!

Absolutely not. You are not wrong. You and your children shouldn’t have to stop doing what you love because of his lack of understanding. If you take her out of cheer she will always feel as if you picked his feelings over hers and she’ll always be hurt by that.

1 Like

Give us his name, we just want to talk! Seriously. This made me angry and my blood pressure is up. Woman fight for YOUR kids. Maybe this guy is not the right guy to allow in to your family. And if he is using money as some kind of manipulation tell him you about to bounce!! Do not be weak and meager. Be a lion. Roar. This is nuts!! No offense. But throw that whole man away.

2 Likes

As her mother you have final say. But you should also listen to what his concerns are regarding his issues with her being in cheer. Is it all the time and money? Is it a huge financial burden that stretches the limits on what the family can afford? Is it that it takes quality time away from the family because you are traveling every weekend?
Let him voice his concerns and come up with a creative solution together.

No. Let her stay in cheer if that’s what she loves. Later on, even if not sports, the others may have another passion. I know you will support them too.

1 Like

He should have known before you moved in that that was going to be some thing that you wanted to continue to do

2 Likes

Keep your girl in cheer. If his kids wanna be in then let them but don’t take her out because his kids aren’t into it. That would be wrong and cause a riff between the kids because she’ll resent them

2 Likes

Nope, if he can’t accept it, move on. Your daughter was doing cheer well before he came into the picture and it definitely shouldn’t change now that he is in your lives. My daughter dances(not competitively) but it is still expensive for 3 classes(plus the extras that come with dance.) She has danced since she was 3 years old. My husband is her “step-dad”(he is truly her daddy) and would never ask me to pull her out of dance even though he is the one that pays for it. He knows she loves it and wouldn’t want her to lose her love for dancing.

2 Likes

Sorry but not sorry but NO!!!

Keep cheer. thank your ground.

I’m sorry to say this but I know first hand if you take your daughter out of cheer she WILL resent u and that man for allowing him to control HER sports and everything she’s worked so hard for. That’s unfair to her. Not her fault the other children arnt in sports. Why would you want to punish your daughter for doing something she loves doing. Let that girl be great!

2 Likes

Let her keep cheering!!!

No. absolutely do not take Cheer away from her. Keep doing what you are doing and keep encouraging her! The next time he says, “The other kids don’t get to do it, so she shouldn’t either.” start listing off every sport known to man and tell him that other kids have to pick something. Whether it’s a sport or playing a musical instrument, then when he says that it’s not fair ask why? … Or encourage the other kids to pick up a sport or instrument. It’s never too late to get into a sport.

1 Like

100% absolutely not wrong!! My daughter is just like this with Gymnastics & she would be devastated if I made her quit! It is her outlet & got her through a really tough time. Support all kids equally & eventually they will find something they are passionate about

1 Like

No let her continue cheering. Support his children if they decide to get into sports, whatever.

No way! Its sounds like he wants to be lazy. Do not every pull her away from something she loves! She will resent u if u do

Under No Circumstances Make Her Stop Cheering.

Do not rip her away from cheer because your new man wants you to. He is WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!

His kids sound lazy let her cheer

She deserves to cheer!!

Do NOT pull her out of cheer just because your fiance is butthurt about his own kids. It’s not yours or your daughter’s fault that his kids have zero ambition, and didn’t get involved in a sport.

2 Likes