My fiance tells me I will be unhappy if I leave, but will I be?

Carefully re-read everything you just wrote. The only thing he has taught you is how to be alone. And guess what? You’re already doing that! So take the next step and be free from the emotional abuse. You’ll NEVER regret finding a new, happier, healthier life for you and your children!

5 Likes

Honey, you’re being degraded. He seems to think awfully high of himself.
You’re already alone.

1 Like

It’s not going to get better

Weight out both sides. What does he bring to the relationship table for you? It’s likely he’s not bribing much. Can you see yourself growing old with him? I know the kids are small, but will he setting a positive example for your kids about how they should allow their future partner to treat them?

If you’re doing it alone, you may as well just do it alone without him there to clean up after and upset you.

First off he’s your fiancee for 6 years? Sounds like he’s not in any hurry to marry you. He disregards your feelings, Sounds like he’s gotten way too comfy with the relationship and quit trying. He can love the kids whether your with him or not. Life is short. If you think you’d be happier elsewhere go. Make plans save up money and go.

I love all these “fiancees”. Nice name for a guy who will live with you, have kids with you and won’t marry you.

3 Likes

We teach people how to treat us… just saying.

1 Like

Leave and do not buy his lil baby whinning! Once you go back he will just do it again. He will think he can control you and thinks he can do whatever bc you will come crying back. He could of done it while y’all were together except he waits til you leave to try. Even if he gets with another girl after you leave just remember how he treated you. If you do get with someone else do not automatically let him meet your kids plz. I’ve seen too many men getting close to single moms just to get to their kids or they abuse them ( have a friend who got with a man and he threw the child down in his crib and the child went into a seizure and had to have multiple surgeries and child still can’t function right after 2 yrs) . Not saying at all that they are all the same, I’m just saying to study on him first before you make any sudden decisions. I would trust your instincts and tell him goodbye.

4 Likes

I only read the first line, and he sounds pathetic

Lose the third child, you won’t regret it

5 Likes

I got half way through, and I can promise you thats not a life to live. Even doing things on ur own would be better then an unappreciated man. Change the Chapter.

1 Like

I’d he doesn’t own the house and you can afford it, pack him up. First try counseling

1 Like

If you love him and want it to work go to counseling. If he won’t go go yourself. If you need to go make a plan, save some money,see an attorney to set up child support. Change the locks when he is at work,pack his crap and leave it outside. Why should you and the kids go,he can go easier. Sorry for your heartache :broken_heart:

1 Like

You can do better but do you honestly think you needed advice? He sounds like a giant red flag :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Sounds like an unhealthy relationship… I would not stay with someone who treats me like a nanny, a roommate or anything less than a partner…
He doesn’t need to live with you to parent his kids!

1 Like

He sounds awful and miserable. Go girl. RUN AND DON’T LOOK BACK. You’re unhappy now and if you leave he says you will be unhappy? I’m gonna have to disagree with that and say you will be the happiest you’ve ever been. He won’t be around to make you sad anymore. He’s a POS

3 Likes

Goooo. You deserve more, you’d be happier and hopefully not as stressed or at least left feeling unwanted, etc. Life is too short to stay in a dead end relationship.

1 Like

Get out lady! What are you waiting for. You’ve been engaged 6 years have 2 children … WTH!!! He doesn’t love you much less in love with you … and quit having babies with “boyfriends”. :triumph:

2 Likes

Get tf out ! Sooner the better .

1 Like

You’re not his mommy, or his daughter. You’re not selfish, you’re overwhelmed… because you’re living in his misogyny.

What the hell you still doing there? I told my husband when we first started dating " you might hit me once, or mistreT me once, but you will never get the chance to do it again and I meant it" we have been together for 55 years, married for 50 and never once has he mistreated me in any way, and I still mean it, one time is all I would need before I would have left!

Take care of u n kids. Move on with ur life with out him. Better fish in the sea.

Make a life for you and ur kids. Screw him.

That’s a narcissist excuse. They love to tell that. My ex told me pretty much thr same thing even though he couldn’t keep a job and even when he had one never did he use it on bills or anything we needed he used it on his hobby. You’re better off without him.

After 6 years he’s already shown you the person he is. Pay attention ! Life is to short to be unhappy in your relarionship.
Him saying you won’t be happy without him and him tearing you down is narcissist behavior.

1 Like

He just tells you that so you’ll stay and be miserable…with him. If you truly aren’t happy and you don’t think it’s something that can be fixed, leave!

Leave. It sounds like he doesn’t respect you or realize everything that you do. Already sounds like you’re a single parent anyway, might as well get rid of another “child”.
Maybe when you leave he’ll realize what you do, if not at least you’ll be happier.

2 Likes

Sounds like you already know you’d be better off without him.

2 Likes

Life is to short go find your happy place happy momma means happy babies :hugs:

2 Likes

You are already doing it alone by the sounds of it. Drop his dead weight and go be happy with your kids.

2 Likes

Leave because it’s only going to get worse

Leave the jerk, he doesn’t love you.your life will be so much easier and happier without him.

1 Like

My ex fiance said the same thing but it turned out he was the main factor in my unhappiness.

1 Like

Don’t waste anymore time love. You already know the answer. You just want permission. Consider this. That. You can leave. You can be successful in anything that you choose. You can raise those babies by yourself. You can do it. Everything works out in the end if you take the chance to be happy. You just have to make it happen. He can do as he likes and that’s his choice. What matters is yours. I spent 10 years blind and deaf to my own needs, wants, and desires. I wasted so much time on a man and relationship that just wasn’t supposed to be viable for so long. It ended years ago but I stayed because I was scared. Don’t be me.

Leave him you don’t need him. You already know you can do it by yourself because you have been doing it for the last 5 years.There is a man out there that would love to have someone like you. Best wishes to you.

1 Like

I’m in the same exact situation and I want to leave every single day but I have no family no friends and no job because my husband has made sure of it so even if I wanted to leave I couldn’t because I would be homeless and you can’t be a mom if you’re homeless with two toddlers because all they’re going to do is take them from you so yeah I’m miserable tired and mistreated

I didn’t read the whole thing. But if he says you will be miserable without him, it’s definitely time to leave… always just be happy with yourself.

2 Likes

Girl, tell that childish little boy BYE! Not only will you be happier, you’ll stress less and have one less child to take care of on top of your actual children! You already know you can do it by yourself because guess what? You already are.

1 Like

Ask yourself what are you. “A doormat for 6 years”. Pick up the doormat and keep walking in to your future with your kids.

2 Likes

My ex said the same thing 27yrs ago. He would say no one would want me with kids, I was too much. Turns out he was wrong. I’ve been happily married for 21 years now. Turns out I was too much for him. I just had to find the one that was enough for me. Leave know your worth. Not only do you deserve better but so do your kids. Good luck.

2 Likes

Leave only gets worse

2 Likes

He’s right, if your not happy then leave.(literally the only thing he’s right about) You will be sad for a whe but oh how peaceful it will be not haven’t to worry about his bullshi*. Definitely don’t stay for the kids, that’s one of the most Unhealthiest things you could do for you and the kids.

1 Like

If you are that unhappy then take your kids and leave. Sorry it doesn’t better. It only gets worse.

Having a job isn’t enough. If it weren’t for him working he would be doing nothing in this relationship. You aren’t ungrateful because you need and are asking for more.
If he cannot see that and start working on himself to be a better parent and partner you’ll be stuck with the same as last six years. Time is short. If you’re asking him to do better for you and he won’t than you need to ask yourself to be better to you, and do what you need to do for you and your kids.

1 Like

Ok. First off why did you have children with a man that didnt marry you first? I just dont get that. You HAVE to realize that you are just his mother figure, housekeeper and maid. How has it taken you this long? Girl run as fast as you can. File for child support and put that jerk in your past!! If you are smart enough to go to collage you should be smart enough to see when your being used.

I would leave with the kids if u think it would make u happier and be better emotionally for u…u cant be a good parent if ur not happy and healthy. It’s better to have 2 happy homes than 1 that is constantly fighting or has a hostile environment

Is this the imprint of an adult relationship you want your children to have cemented in their background when they become adults? The start of a healthy model is minumizing an unhealthy one

You know what you need and want to do hun so make it happen, it won’t be easy of course but will be so much worth it!! I’ve been where you are except my ex was abusive as well, I left and never looked back, I’m remarried now now and couldn’t be happier :relaxed: you deserve that as well. Good luck hun, I’m here if you need someone to talk to.

Leave. There IS better

1 Like

Of course he is going to say that… he can’t lose his Cinderella! Just really think about all that you do, would not having him in your life make your burdens heavier or lighter?? It’s clear to me, lighter, but only you can really answer this. But whatever YOU decide do not let him manipulate you into staying.

He’s gaslighting you and sounds like a narcissist. Get out and be strong. It wi me hard and tempting to go back but you’ll be so much happier without him.

1 Like

Leave, relationship is toxic and sounds like manipulation and control

2 Likes

If you want Dump him for yourself do it for your children look at the example he is putting before them you need to move on let him leave you are better off without that lodestone around your neck

You deserve better girl. It will be hard at first but you deserve happiness and your children deserve to see you happy and appreciated.

Leave! Be the woman you know you can be!

As someone who’s been in an unhealthy relationship/marriage and took way too long to realize I needed to get out of it, I can tell you from experience that it’s a million times worse to be unhappy WITH someone than to be “unhappy” on your own.

Also, it’s highly unlikely you’ll actually be unhappy without them, if you’re legitimately unhappy with them. Removing that weight from around your neck will be more freeing than you can even imagine!

Honestly, I was happier struggling on my own for a while until I got my life straightened out, than I ever was when I was getting by with an asshat attached to me, dragging me down in life, every day.:v:

If ur unhappy leave… it wont get any better. He doesn’t seem like he is willing to change… staubg where u not wanted will damage ur emotions… make u feel less of a person… he doesn’t want to fight to fix things… leave my dear.

Do not stay for the kids!!!
If Mama ain’t happy nobody’s happy…:unamused:

1 Like

From personal experience, you are already doing it all on your own . Cook , clean , and take care of the little ones . In all honesty after my own personal experience it was the fact of not having him there . But when he is there ask your self “ what difference does he make for me and my kids. What’s is he helping me with? What Value is he adding to my life . When you sit down and ask yourself these questions you will know what to do . If you need a listing ear I am here . No judgment ever . We have all been in a similar situation and I honestly do not regret my decision.

1 Like

Sounds like you are already married. If your having trouble and y’all can’t communicate then why go thru the expense of a service. If you do. You will go thru a depression the likes you have never seen.

Tell him you can’t marry him. There is no future together.
If you have family, go to them. Take your children. Start over.
There is better. You deserve it.
He’s placating you. He doesn’t want you to go. But, he’s to proud to say so. He doesn’t want compliments from you because it makes him feel guilty for not complimenting you. He is teach the kids to disrespect you by correcting you in front of them. Let him know that isn’t happening. If he want to correct you do it in private. You know what you need to do. Just do it. Find a shelter if you don’t have family. Pray about it. God bless. I will be praying for direction and courage for you.

1 Like

Sounds like you are unhappy now… just leave him. You will find someone who treats you right.

1 Like

Honestly went through that not a long…i said enough was enough and walked away. Best decision i made for my son and myself.

1 Like

Relationship is toxic
Bad for the kids
Your young
Life is short
Youth is fleeting
Choose freedom
Choose happiness
Leave

3 Likes

You already doing it all on your own what would the diff be if u left? You sound like a great mom and woman in general. Its NEVER a bad choice to choose yourself and your own happiness.

2 Likes

It sounds like you already know the answer. Saying you will be unhappy if you leave is a way to control you. It sounds like there are a lot of problems in the relationship and some of your expectations (like that he should beg you to stay) seem a little much but the lack of effort and the disrespect seems enough for you to find some happiness elsewhere. Don’t bring up children in an unhappy home.

Leave. Your doing it alone now and he’s just trying to keep control over you

You don’t sound selfish at all. I don’t think you’d miss him cause your doing it all on your own. He’d miss you. He’d have no one to look after him. Get out while your still young and have a full life ahead of you

2 Likes

Sounds like you already know what to do hun.

Why have you accepted it for 6 years? :confounded: switch it up and do the same shit. There will be one of 2 outcomes. He will either change, or not. 💁

You’re already unhappy. And that’s with him. Go. Find happiness so your kids have the chance to be happy too.

Does he have someone else? It is a bit unrealistic for a man not to want intimacy…

Get out,! He’s a loser

2 Likes

About time girl
I’m so proud of you

2 Likes

If the house is in your name put him out . If not , you leave with your kids . He’s been telling you a very long time that he does’nt care about you by his actions and words . Don’t waste another 6 years on him . You only get one life !!

3 Likes

Start making silent moves to leave. Stop begging for the minimum. If you’re doing everything on your own… go be on your own without being ignored and verbally abused. File for child support, financial assistance, housing, child care assistance etc. Don’t let a man tell you more than once that he doesn’t want you! Go and get your happy back. And WHEN…not IF, he comes back be firm with that NO THANKS!

7 Likes

Get out ASAP Dogs don’t change there spots he’ll never change so why give up the best years of your life. And make the kids live in a UnHappy home

5 Likes

I would leave since he acts that way towards you. You deserve better than that and it sounds like you would be happier without him. Good luck Momma. <3

3 Likes

Why does he get to decide what will make you happy or not ? Sounds like he doesn’t much care. Your kids are observing an unhealthy relationship. If it was me I would leave.

5 Likes

You’ll always be unhappy if you stay.

3 Likes

You already know what to do. It’s easier to just do it by yourself then to have somewhere there that could help but refuses. You’ll be happier for sure. And one when you least expect it prince charming will come, just don’t look for him. Be content by yourself. You got this!

3 Likes

Leave, pursue your studies get your career, move on don’t look back, you’ll manage, get child support in place first.

2 Likes

From a man’s point of view he is the one that has a problem not you. You need to find a ace and get out while you can. My your self happy cause he sure isn’t going to.

2 Likes

I would sashay out that door like the queen I am and never look back.

2 Likes

LEAVE!
Run fast, and very far.

2 Likes

He’s telling you to leave because he doesn’t think you will. Watch his jaw hit the floor that one day you actually leave. Bust his balls!!! Pack your bags and leave his ass.

Wow… we are on the same boat…

You will be surprised how much easier it is without him!

1 Like

You know when you know you have had enough! It’s hard at first but it’s nice to be at peace with yourself and know that u don’t have an extra to take care of. The children will just learn to be disrespectful and unappreciate you as they grow up.

2 Likes

Leave. He’s sayes you won’t be happy without him? You’re unhappy with him which is worse. You do everything anyways so that shouldn’t be an issue. Get a lawyer and have child custody papers drawn up for child support. If you both own the house kick him out if not start looking for a place. Once you have all that send the kids away and give him the papers and his options. The second her gives you a hard time end it. You tried he didn’t. It’s his fault not yours. You were not put on this earth to make him happy. Make you’re self happy by dumping his ass. Just be ready because of the kids. I left with 3 kids and I worked full time.

4 Likes

Time to move on. U won’t be unhappy without him. If he’s being an @$$ you should move on seriously. Putting up with that for so long is just :tired_face: big nope for me.

Best thing I ever did was left my girls dad. He never helped with them and always pawned them off on others. I worked full time, took care of our house and everything in between while going to college. I have found a man that loves me and is there for me. Who loves my girls like they were his. And he has done more and been there for them more than their dad probably ever will. And they see it now as they are old enough. Things will get harder for a while. But why stay if your alone anyway?

Leave with the kids… You work go to school and do it all on your own you don’t need him… Find your happiness. Just leave… It’s a pattern of verbal emotional abuse and your kids deaerve to see someone love mommy not hate her

Find a new one he puts u down so u think Noone will want u my exes have did this several times they don’t change u deserve to be happy

I lived this life for twenty years, all for the wrong reasons. I tell my kids to this day, dont do the same thing because you have kids. Definitely not a reason to stay. He always came and went as he pleased knowing he’d come home to a cooked dinner, clean clothes and all the house duties done by Me! And the outside ones also. I was the mom and dad not Us. But me! Totally drug me down bad to severe depression and more, the bad thing to is the kids will start picking up on his bad habits and the not caring and Yes the saying you cant leave me. Heard that way to many times, meanwhile he was not faithful at all but still came home everynight. Please dont put yourself into doubting who you are, stay strong and stand up for yourself and your lil ones. Sounds like your doing an amazing job already. This letter says so. And the baby Im so sorry it wont happen again, I’ll change are lies and broken promises within a few weeks its back to the same old things. You and your sweet lil ones deserve a beautiful happy life, of truths and caring and love. You writing this says I am ok and we will All be Okay. We can do this! Its 100% worth it. Guaranteed. Wish I could be there to help you. I can guarantee your not alone. God bless you mama, You got this!!! Stay strong lady, always.

If he’s not help in any aspect in life why would you listen when he says you won’t be happy? He’s manipulating you into not leaving.

Do not waste one minute of your life with a partner that does’t make you feel like the most important person in the world. Most importantly, when you leave, make sure you have a parenting plan in place where he has the kids 50/50. He helped make them, he can care for them equally.

Leave!! Children learn what they see & right now they are learning that it’s ok to treat ppl this way & it’s ok to be treated this way so ask yourself is this what I really want my children learning about love? He’s not going to change! He doesn’t respect u & he’s teaching ur children not to also it only gets worse from here

Sounds like you are already single just have someone holding you back at being happy.

Leave his ass. He seems like he already checked out. Know your worth and don’t worry about him no more. Raising kids in that environment is toxic and I been thru the same thing. I’m at a way better place now and I see him with his new girlfriend and he is the same with her.