My grandson constantly acts out: Advice?

Your grandson is a one year old. He IS still a baby and you’re fucked to think he’s an awful kid. Maybe you’re just an awful cunt :woman_shrugging:t2:

and ur son is d little saint?? u sound like a sour stepmother u are disgusting!

3 Likes

Maybe the baby needs constant care and this mom can’t handle another toddler around. She’s admiting she has been trying but she is worn out. Might be best if she doesn’t have to be day care provider and grandmother because it’s too much for her. If it wasn’t blood you all would be telling her do what’s best for her so she can be the best mom and grandmother she can be for the children. Breathe grandma. Communication is key. Hang in there.

3 Likes

OK I’m one year-old is a baby in here you are saying how horrible he is and how you can’t handle him and he breaks everything and has anger problems? That makes me wonder about the adults that are around him and what he has been exposed to. Why in the world with a one-year-old already have anger problems? I think you should be concerned about the bigger issues here and not so much how hard it is for you to deal with him. I’d be worried psychologically honestly

2 Likes

This kid is horrible. I need to tell my self that i didnt read this shit. Wtf. Justdont babysit him. HE IS A BABY. And you are such a bad gramma. Sorry.

I’m not sure what u expect from a one year old :woman_shrugging:t2: I feel like it shouldn’t be a surprise to u especially since u have a two year old…but that is normal one year old behavior…:woman_facepalming:t2:maybe u never had kids this close in age?? :woman_shrugging:t2: It’s hard when u are watching kids close in age but u are being totally unfair to your grandson…if u can’t handle babysitting then don’t…

5 Likes

A one year old is still a baby! They are trying to literally figure out how the world works. It’s our job to teach them how to handle the world. That needs to happen both at home and at a sitters. I sense some favoritism here and that’s not healthy for anyone. I think the best bet might be that your grandson goes to a different location or person for care.

6 Likes

Consistency, redirect, maybe you’re not even trying.

He’s one. He’s learning about the world, including about sharing. If you can’t handle it, maybe you shouldn’t be watching him. But it isn’t his fault.

Maybe when your grandson is there put up your sons favorite toys and have a toy box of toys that they can share together thats what we do when we know other kids are coming we put up the favorites and have a toy box that everyone shares once everyone leaves then my kids get their favorite toys back out

I think we should all stop responding- because this can’t possibly be a real post. Smh :woman_facepalming:t3:

8 Likes

I have a 1 and a2 yo and they act exactly like this. Pull up your big girl panties because it gets a lot more muddy from here :joy::joy:

1 Like

You’re probably acting that way with him because he isnt your baby which is weird since he is your grandbaby. Most grandmas spoil them. Maybe hes feeding of your vibe and it’s not a nice one just from reading this.

7 Likes

… HES A BABY… Is this lady serious?

4 Likes

Yikes hes 1. He doesnt see it as taking toys he just sees a toy that he thinks is interesting. Tell your daughter you can’t watch him anymore because he deserves to be treated equally by the person hes being babysat by. You’re choosing favorites and blaming a baby for it, maybe you should teach your kid that hes a baby and he just things your kids toys are cool and wants to be like him

8 Likes

It sounds like the one year old can feel the tensions of you favoring the 2 yo and gets frustrated. 2 yo should be taught to share!!! If said child does legitimately have anger issues with you maybe look a little more into self reflection!!

1 Like

Crazy freaking post…

2 Likes

If you’re overwhelmed and can’t handle it there’s nothing wrong with that just tell your daughter to get a new sitter

3 Likes

Uhm…he’s a BABY. You need to teach your child how to share. If there are certain stuffys or toys that are special put them up while you’re babysitting. Sounds like you’re the problem, not a 1yr old. Heck if I was your daughter I’d stop letting you babysit :grimacing:

4 Likes

Maybe he’s acting out to get some attention? You don’t sound like a loving tender grandma. You sound frustrated and annoyed… bitter and resentful?! How sad.
Your daughter should find other daycare for her 1 year old.

5 Likes

I think you’re just favoring your son. Hes one. All 5 of your kids were absolutely perfect or what? Our second son is a wild child and into everything and our first never did that. Our second is a NORMAL kid and we just got lucky that our first was so well behaved. I wouldn’t let you watch him anymore.

3 Likes

Did i read it wrong, you said he’s 1… my daughter is 1 too and she doesn’t know to steal toys… yes she fights for them, throws tantrums but she is fucking 1… she doesn’t understand… i do tell her no and bad and she understands for a couple of minutes but damn it…

This is probably one of the most ridiculous post I have seen. They are both babies. And I’m sure that if THEY are arguing all the time it is not just the 1 yr old being bad. C’mon. Really lady. They are both babies. Stop with yourself.

4 Likes

He’s one… Dumbass lady!! Yeah maybe you shouldn’t be watching your grandson cause you sound like you lack brain cells. “He’s doing things he knows he shouldn’t” ??? He’s a freaking baby 🤦🤦 You’re the one with issues not the baby!

A 1 year old with an anger issue…?!? :thinking:

2 Likes

You mean the INFANT is terrible? You’re a terrible grandmothet. You should feel ashamed, and should not be allowed to watch that baby.

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: wow is all I gotta say…ummm how young are you yourself?? These are babies for gosh sake!!:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: Grow up!!

2 Likes

Your grandson is only 1 I don’t know what you really expect from him. Children do things they are taught to do and need to be taught what not to do. If you feel that way towards a baby then you shouldn’t be watching him anymore. You need to discuss this with your daughter and she needs to find another sitter bc you can’t handle it and if I were the mom soon as you started saying things like that about my kid you most likely wouldn’t ever see him again honestly.

3 Likes

Yeah. Wow. He’s one. ! One year olds don’t know what they are supposed to be doing or not doing :joy: and they don’t steal. Sounds like you’re the problem.

4 Likes

He is ONE!!
Mama needs to get baby away from Grandma.

3 Likes

There’s no way a grown woman of 5 kids and a grandchild wrote this. “Iv”? “NVR”? This page is making up posts for drama.

5 Likes

He’s 1… your daughter should find someone else to watch her child.

2 Likes

Stop leaving a one and two year old toddler alone to play and expect them to work out their issues! You have to sit with them and work with them. And a one year old has no concept of emotional regulation nor stealing or right and wrong! :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:You need to take parenting and child development classes, and your grandbaby needs to go to a qualified provider who does not villianize and talk down on babies.

2 Likes

He’s just a baby seriously he has to learn to share a 1 year old doesn’t understand that those aren’t his toys or he should not be doing whatever. He literally doesn’t know better and has to be taught and your acting as if he was the 2 year old if you can’t handle watching him then don’t but don’t blame him for just being a baby.

1 Like

My son was the same way. I know it sounds crazy that a child will act that sort of way so young but turns out there was an underlying issue. My son was diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder & his body was seeking a lot of vestibular & proprioceptive input (which explained all the rough housing & constant tantrums). Ever since starting OT there has been a significant change in his behavior & is able to self regulate, lessening the outburst.

Hahaha. Hes 1…“significant” anger problem? REALLLLY? And does stuff he knows he shouldnt? HES 1 LADY! Geeeeez. Also kids are ALWAYS going to want whats not thiers. Its something new. Sounds like your just expecting way to much.

1 Like

Sounds like you shouldn’t be supervising any children… Even your own… How did you have 5??

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re favoring your kid over your grandkid. Hes one maybe try teaching your kid to share. He’s freaking 1! It’s not like he even understands his own emotions right now. You don’t sound like a happy grandmother

3 Likes

My God! What an awful child! I can not believe that child had the nerve to come out NOT KNOWING EVERYTHING AND EXPECT HIS LOVING FAMILY TO TEACH HIM WITH CONSISTENCY AND LOVE. How dare he!
You lady sound like you ought to stop having children yourself. You should be ashamed of yourself. That poor baby! BABY
:rage::rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

How about be his grandmother. Why is that so hard? You say you have five children so you should understand how kids need attention and like to discover and explore, you should also understand that he is not stealing your son’s toys, unless he is purposely taking them them home sneakily (which at 1 year I dont see) they need to be taught to share. And also yes growing up that close they will fuss and they will fight but believe it or not they will miss each other if stop allowing his nephew(?) over… just my thoughts

1 Like

Lmfao he is 1 and “he knows better” woman please how did u ever raise a child before :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: i have a 2yr and 1yr and they get into everything, fight over the same things :joy::joy::joy::joy: thats what babies/toddlers do!!!🤦🤦🤦

4 Likes

Your son can’t share toys? If you were my mom you wouldn’t be watching my kid anymore.

4 Likes

Y’all are crazy! Yes, he’s one. That doesn’t give any child the ok to be mean. 3 kids, teens now, but sibling rivalry and touching stuff that doesn’t belong to you or temper tantrums were a hell no.

Try doing something with them together such as crafts, a game or just playing with them. Be silly, make them laugh with silly faces, silly dances, just fun. Reward getting along and good behaviour. Good luck!

2 Likes

He’s 1 don’t expect him know not to fight or anything talk to him

I teach the older kid to share, say he will drop it soon then it’s your turn. Bc really they only want the toy for a moment or two… I used to buy the same toys for both my kids, bc when someone touches something… it becomes interesting to the other one, so each gets the same toy.

Kids that little don’t know yet, the 2 year old is maybe ready to learn sharing and taking turns, but the 1 year old is just too little to understand that. And gets interested in what the other kid does, trying to learn and explore what the big kid does

Lmao everybody keeps commenting on how HE’S ONE! Get over it. Everyone has different standards for children. I’m with OP. I’d be irritated too. Thats because I know what my kids are capable of. And they know better. That could be the case with OP as well. Maybe she held all of her kids to higher expectations than the 1years mom does. It’s a combination of his age and the parenting. My kids have had rules for their whole life. I teach “NO” as young as possible, so my kids don’t act like this at any age. People parent differently I’ve worked in a daycare for years. I’ve seen it all. I get tons of compliments on how much my 10 month old understands & it’s because I know how smart he is, so I push him to learn more

1 Like

Well for one he is 1. Kids fight it is a part of life. Try entertaining them and doing stuff with them. Also when he does act out calmly try talking to him and explaining why we don’t do that.

Sounds like y’all need to pop on Winnie the Poohs “Sharing is Caring” learning video…

If you were my mother and speaking about my 1 year old son like that I’d happily find someone else to mind him … He’s 1 he’s still learning … I have a 2 year old and 6 year old and they constantly fight but do I blame my youngest because she doesn’t share :thinking: no because it’s something that they have to be thought… I don’t understand how can you call your own grandson a difficult child

3 Likes

It sounds like you just can’t handle the kids. HE’S ONE! They get into everything so you have to watch them like a hawk. If that means you have to TEACH them about sharing a hundred times a day then that is what you do, It takes patience. Some kids are more curious then others and not all kids are born with calm dispositions and that’s okay.

2 Likes

Wonderful grandmother :roll_eyes: hes one.

1 Like

Toys he doesn’t want to share should be put up prior to the other child coming over. They need the same exact rules set. No child should have to watch another child play with a toy and not be able to to play with it themselves.

2 Likes

Your grandson is 1…he doesn’t yet know what he is or isn’t supposed to be doing
Also maybe teach YOUR son to share…

2 Likes

What in the methed out shit did I just read?

Hes 1 wtf are you talking about. This has to be a joke post

1 Like

Learn the two of them how to share their toys instead of defferenciating who’s toys it is,let them grow older knowing to have each others backs ,no special treatment for any of them, you taught your daughter all the things she should and shouldn’t do the same for her son you are the granny after all

1 Like

He’s 1, how could YOU as a grandmother speak so ugly about a 1 year old with “significant anger issues” I’m assuming he’s the only child your daughter has and is still learning how to be around other kids. I’m sure he feels that he’s not getting the same love as you are giving your son. If I were your daughter I would find someone else willing to care for him and give him unconditional love. What kind of “grandma” are you…

6 Likes

He’s 1. That’s it. You dont get advice. He’s a baby, a 1 year old baby. Ffs

6 Likes

If this kid is 1, he’s not the issue. And if you can’t redirect and teach him, that’s not his fault either. You can have expectations, but at 1, what he’s even capable of knowing and learning is limited. You’re the adult. If there’s a problem, it’s not the fault of an infant. You should stop keeping him. For him. And if I was your daughter, I’d be looking for somewhere else anyway :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

First off he’s 1?! And you seriously think he’s the problem? I have 2 kids 19 months apart 3 and 19 months And they fight over everything and break stuff and make messes. They are small children, your the grandma buy your grandson a few toys that are strictly his to keep at your house if you think he’s stealing your sons toys - but then I want you to treat your son the same when he tries to steal those toys, toys at a thrift store are usually pretty darn cheap so don’t use money as an excuse, but to me that sounds like he’s trying to play but you and your son are not even trying to interact with him. And blame him right away for being bad. A 1 year old is not bad it’s not possible. And does things he knows he shouldn’t WTF again he’s 1!!! You need to tell his mother you are not able to watch him and she needs to find someone else, your looking at your grandson as a problem when it’s really you. I’ve seen it with a lot of grandparents they don’t always bond with their grandkids and for some reason grandsons especially and look for something to blame besides themselves. Do that Baby a favor admit that, say you can’t watch him anymore and then try really really hard to spend some time forming a healthier relationship with him when your son is busy or not around. I have a child development degree with an emphasis in infants and toddlers, and 9 years of teaching 0-4 at a daycare and preschool, their brain is just not developed enough to comprehend right from wrong at this point, and those of you who are saying your kids didn’t act like this cause they knew better make me laugh. Ya scared them into behaving that’s not the same as knowing right from wrong . I do complement you for asking for advice but honestly the problem is you, please take a step back do some reading and research in toddler behavior and quit watching him at least for a bit

2 Likes

Maybe stop watching your grandson.

2 Likes

Idk what 1 year old listens lol, some kids have more of a temper more then others. And hes a boy, boys get into everything. My son sure did.

Clearly your mindset is set on mommy mode, not grandma. So ofcourse your gonna hate the “other/not yours” kid…if you cant love them both the same then you should tell your daughter about it and not watch him anymore…this is why i cant let anyone watch my kids :face_with_monocle:.

3 Likes

So thankful my mom is nothing like this lady. My son has the best grandma :heart:

2 Likes

Can you see that they have similar toys? Same balls, plastic trucks, soft dolls, board books, stuffed toys, etc. so they can play with the same things at the same time?

Can you designate separate spaces for each child? Play yards, child gates, separate rooms if you can keep an eye on both.

Maybe spend more time cuddling the littler one as he is the one separated from his mom, he is the younger one, he has more to learn about everything. Can you get a wrap thing where you can wear the baby while you play with your toddler?

Maybe set up different nap times so you can spend that time one-on-one with each of them.

Is the baby anxious? Maybe having some of his mom’s clothes with her scent on it would be calming for him.

Good luck mama/grandma! The kids are lucky to have someone who loves them and works to make things better for both of them.

Wow what a Shitty grandmother :roll_eyes:

Omg you would never watch my kid if you were his grandmother :joy::rofl: hopefully you tell “grandson’s mom” aka your daughter 🤦 that you think she needs someone else to watch him.

3 Likes

My mother did in fact teach me that if I don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all for the only thing I can say this moment it stop watching your grandson because you don’t sound very nice or very understanding it’s all about what your child wants and that’s about all I can politely say…

6 Likes

Kids are going to steal toys. Always.
And being a year old, when new things are put in front of them, they are gonna play with them! They are curious little beings!

2 Likes

I know what your going through. My son is now five and he has ALWAYS been difficult. I finally got a referral for a behavioral therapist before he started kindergarten. His diagnosis was ODD (oppositional defiant disorder). When a child is diagnosed with ODD they usually have accompanying issues, such as, HDHD, Impulse control, etc. The only way to help the child with ODD is therapy, for the parent and the child to help deal with the problems. My son is doing much better now. Good luck :heart:

1 Like

1 year olds don’t listen. No child listens 24/7. It takes so much patience to deal with multiple children. I don’t see the problem with him wanting to play with your child’s toys. Every kid likes new stuff that they don’t play with everyday. :woman_shrugging:t2: maybe you need to teach them to both share instead of separating the 2. It almost seems like you attend to your kid first & always blame the other child which is not okay.

You should be ashamed of yourself…how could you not want your grandson around? Sounds to me like you begrudge your own grandson…if you were my mom I wouldn’t want you keeping my kids.

6 Likes

News flash I have a three year old and a 1.5 year old they fight all day every day over every single toy unless there is physically two of the same toy lol.
I think you need to get over it and accept that it’s normal behaviour for there ages :woman_facepalming:t3::raised_hands:

1 Like

He’s 1!!! How does a 1 year old have anger issues? And how does he do stuff he knows he shouldn’t do? He’s 1! He doesn’t know anything yet until he’s taught and it surely doesn’t sound like any of you are teaching him anything. YOU are the problem. You are not properly watching him. I highly doubt that he is so fast that he is able to get into everything. The reality is, you pay him no attention and don’t notice when he is getting into stuff until it’s too late. Your daughter needs to find another sitter for the safety and well being of her son

6 Likes

I’m sorry…this is a 1 year old. You’re expecting way too much in the way of emotional maturity and that is extremely unfair to him. He’s just not capable of the kind of manipulation you’re accusing him of. I think you need to rethink your handling of the situation, or tell your daughter to find someone else to watch him.

5 Likes

YOU need to teach them to share. 2 year olds don’t even understand that concept yet, clearly or your child would be doing it with his baby cousin.

You’re kidding right .
HES ONE YEAR OLD. ONE! this whole mindset of your kid is an angel and your grandkid is the spawn of Satan needs to stop. As well, claiming he should know better ??? He’s been on the planet for 365 days plus some? That’s it. Grow up grandma.

6 Likes

You talk like hes a random kid instead of your grandson.

4 Likes

Youre the human equivalent of a wet dressing gown sleeve

7 Likes

Discipline… Boundaries…

I would get two of each toy or the ones you lay out and use a play yard or baby gates to give each child a safe place to play and discover.

2 Likes

Hes 1…and the other is 2…my 2.5 and 6yr old fight like no tomorrow. 1 year olds are still very very young to treat lile they should know better…and also what kid would want to play with their own toys when theres tones of new toys to play with.no kid ever

Life with kids.deal

2 Likes

He’s 1 … what do you mean he gets into stuff and doesn’t listen?? Lady HE IS ONE!! He doesn’t know his toys, from his cousins toys to the dog’s toys! They aren’t developed enough at one!

Tell your daughter that you cant handle two children that small and have her find someone else to watch them.

4 Likes

Mate, seriously any toy that comes anywhere near a baby or toddler of that age belongs to them in their eyes. .you’ve. Raised a few kids you should know this. Humans dont come out knowing how to share toys or behave civilised thats learned behaviour normally shown to them by a caring compassionate adult I think your expectations are too high ffs kid is one…give him a minute. give him all the toys let them fight over It thats what kids do. If you can’t handle it dont look after him.

4 Likes

Sounds like you should teach your 2 year old son to share toys with your 1 year old grandson. They are babies. They dont carry vendettas common now

5 Likes

He is 1 and is a baby… this is normal and the problem is how YOU are taking it as rebellion and getting stressed clearly. How you are handling the kids and favoring your own over your grandchild they should all be treated equally. When they fight over something they both lose it. They should learn how to play together not seperated because it belongs to the other child. Getting into things you have to teach him not to do that keep on him. Tell him no he cant talk to him. Dont abuse or put the kid down. Keep him busy with something else. And as for your son is upset the grandbaby is taking things you are teaching your son how to not share. How to be rude and not show empathy. They are family and should be loving eachother, playing together, and learning how to play together.

4 Likes

Ummmmmmmmmmm… Yeah he’s one years old…of course he’s interested in whatever toys lying around do you think he’s old enough to distinguish the difference between yours and mine and what do you mean he does things he’s knows he’s not supposed to do he’s bloody 1 years old… Honestly for somebody who’s had five children you should definitely know better.

1 Like

Omg I just cant even :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:… HE IS 1!!!

2 Likes

Wow…just…wow!
I actually really don’t know what to say :roll_eyes:
But I’m going to try to say it in the nicest way possible… 🤦

You have 5 children? :thinking:
Yet, you can’t tolerate two toddlers, doing what toddlers do!?

Try working at a childcare centre! :laughing::joy::rofl:

You refer to your grandson as, and I quote: “THIS KID.”
Oh, we will get you wrong when you say you love him more than anything - because you’ve made it quite OBVIOUS that you DON’T!

Kids fight - ESPECIALLY TODDLERS WHO GENUINELY DON’T KNOW HOW TO SHARE!

You have toys around that are specifically designed for young children, LET THEM PLAY.
If they fight over a toy, TAKE IT AWAY FROM THEM BOTH!
You’re reinforcing the negative behaviour with what you are doing.

Kids break stuff - maybe put away the breakable things? And btw - toys get broken. If you don’t want to replace them, put them away.

Your daughter is working to support her family. You’re getting to spend time with your grandson. You’re going to be the major influence as to how these two are going to grow up and the relationship they’ll have with each other.

I think you either need to admit that you don’t like your grandson, and ask your daughter to find another babysitter (after which, may I add, please never ask to have your grandson over EVER again)

Or

Get
Over
Yourself

And be a good role model for both children!

12 Likes

Are you fucken kidding me. Hes 1years old you dumb peice of shit you are!!

Without seeing this play out for myself I cannot comment as to what could/should be done differently.

Maybe your daughter needs to find alternate childcare.

1 Like

I’m so glad my children do not have you as a grandma. He is still a baby it sounds more like you’re not able to cope with two young kids.

4 Likes

Hes 1! Thats what they go through this, put away what you dont want broken, and 1yo dont know better about anything lol

1st of all im a mom of a rambunctious, doesn’t listen for shit, amazing, handsome, wonderful, one year old son. He fights, has tantrums daily, doesn’t like sharing, hits other kids, bites, (just started) it’s normal. Completely normal. You need to take a breather man.

Omfg lady hes 1, the only advice I have is for your daughter, and it’s to keep her child away from you, lol if you got grown ass kids why are you still having babies granny? :woman_white_haired::woman_white_haired::woman_white_haired::woman_white_haired::woman_white_haired::woman_white_haired:

Wow ok he’s 1 year old. If you have 5 kids then you should know how babies behave. ALL children do this. Your 2yo would be the same :joy::woman_facepalming:
You daughter needs to keep her child away from you and your perfect son :speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

Hes one. He has to learn how to do all these things you’re expecting him to do already. Its not easy and can be very repetitive, but I mean you had kids so you should have a grasp of this? Every kid is not the same.

1 Like

Normal. Give him a break. He’s only 1!

1 Like

You sound like a 1st time mom but claim you have 5 kids? Good god :joy: your grandson is 1, of course he’s going to get into stuff and want to play with your kids toys. Teach your son to share!

All these grandmas in here have 1 and 2 year olds damn!