My husband calls me demanding when I ask him to do things: Advice?

Divorce him. It won’t get any better.

1 Like

Sounds like narcissist tendencies to me…

1 Like

If he wants to act like a baby, make a chore chart.

Here’s a solution. Wash your clothes and towels not his. Cook enough dinner for one and wash your own plate fork and go about your business. Put a small trash can somewhere to personally use and leave the one you both use in its spot but let him me the sole user of it, take out yours not his. Now this all will leas to him asking you why you’re not cooking, washing for him and you have to follow up with him being awfully DEMANDING. Now this will take extra effort to make your point but obviously he isn’t listening to you and he needs a visual dose of his own medicine and when he tells you do it, don’t. Just like he doesn’t hear you, don’t hear him. It’s going to cause problems or it’s going to teach him his lesson. I realize this is a lot for a pregnant woman but it’s now or never. Dig your heels in and stand your ground. Are we a UNIT? and WHEN are you going to stop acting like a child and need a mother figure to tell you what to do? You want a nag? You got a nag! Do it and you don’t have to hear it. Or we can have independent routines. Hullo?

4 Likes

Are you asking or demanding… perhaps show him the difference

3 Likes

He’s an excuse of a man that’s why !!!

I’d say sorry you are a useless cunt

Put the lazy axx on the couch

Well, start being demanding. Show him what demanding really is :woman_shrugging:t3:

I’d leave his sorry ass.

he don’t care about u

1 Like

Tell him to kiss your ass!

If it was already done you wouldn’t have to ask. :woman_shrugging:

How are you asking? See we have a rule, if it bothers you, you do it. If I don’t want to do it, I say “when you have a chance.” That gives him or our son the option of doing it when convenient for them. Rather than my demanding it being done on my schedule, they can do it on their own. If I don’t want to wait, I do it myself.

4 Likes

Just wait for that baby to arrive if he thinks you’re demanding. He needs a wake up call. Good luck

1 Like

Put a bag of potatoes around his stomach to wear all day and see how he feels! I bet he wouldn’t call you demanding then.

1 Like

Do like I used to do to my ex husband make sure all my things and my kids things were put away like normal anything of his got scooped up and thrown on his side of the bed where he has to lay at. And then explain to him if someone else had to clean up after your shit and piss drizzles you’d be mortified so why does he think it’s acceptable to do that to someone he claims to love?

Honesty is the best policy. Just reply and you are lazy. Now that we have that established please vacuum thr floor. He does that to make you feel bad and make you less likely to ask him to do chores.

3 Likes

When he asks u to do something, “I’m busy making an eyeball I ain’t doing sh*t” (comedian Ali wong said that)

3 Likes

No? He gets annoyed if i ask him to do like 5 things at once.
But. It isn’t 1950. I’m not his maid. I’m not his slave. He makes dirty dishes, dirty laundry and dirty floors too, so he cleans up too.

1 Like

Maybe it’s the way you say it. Do you say …take the trash out. It please take the trash out. Hey can you take the trash out. And it maybe the tone you say it too

4 Likes

Pack his bags and set them outside. Demanding my arse! Smh!

If you are “mentioning” these things with the expectation that it be done “right now”, then yes, you are being demanding. But also remember that when you ask someone to do something, they have the right to say no or to do it on their schedule, not yours, because it is a request, not a demand. Turn the tables on him and don’t cook him supper. Then when he asks about it, tell him he’s being demanding.

5 Likes

My husband does whatever housework is left to do when we are done dinner… We have 5 sons and I am 29 weeks pregnant… He works all day and still comes home and loves to help me out, I always say to him " Dont worry about the dishes/laundry/floors ect"… His response is always " I enjoy helping you in every way". I may have just lucked out with an amazing man :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’d go through my husband if he dared try that!
Asking him to help u with household jobs… its his house too! Its not just your responsibility!

2 Likes

I always word things in a way that it sounds like a favor for me. “Could you take the trash out for me when you get a moment?” “If you’ve got time, I could use some help with x,y,z.” Or in a way that makes it more equal, “would you like to take care of this while take care of that?” Or “we need to get this and this done, let’s split the work, which would you like you to do?”

2 Likes

You’re not his mother, or his maid, You’re his partner who is 8 months pregnant, you shouldn’t even have to ask. He should be doing his part in the home. Households are 50/50. Its not demanding its asking for help, which you shouldn’t have to do with your spouse in the first place. He should care enough that you’re 8 months pregnant to help you.

1 Like

Slap him back with and you’re lazy and I am not your mama :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Stop doing his laundry stop cooking for him he will get the hint your not his mother don’t act like it

1 Like

Remind him that these tasks are not yours alone. If things need to get done then they need to get done. He is your partner and you expect that each of you do your share of the work. You are not his keeper and it’s high time that he looks around and sees what needs to be done so you don’t have to ask him to do it.

I only ask my bf to change the cats litter and take the trash. But I mean I do say please and thank you. After that a shot glass is waiting for him. I mean maybe he thinks that’s demanding. Idk maybe try and say please. I Kno when I don’t say please it bothers my bf and now that I have. He’s been helpful. And I’m 6 months.

1 Like

And tell him he is (lazy )

Also sorry you are going through that. Sucks he’s not more supportive :disappointed:

I did everything up until the morning my water :droplet: broke. No excuses. :woman_shrugging:.

Maybe it’s just your tone

Let the trash build up and his share of chores. Don’t even ask of him no more…

Even if she comes across as demanding, that probably means she has tried asking before and he didn’t extend a hand to help. I would get irritated too if my husband wasn’t doing the simple things I ask him to do. No, it’s not demanding to want a partner to share in keeping up house, regardless of pregnancy or not.

Imma be real. That was me ex. Full on 8 months pregnant, middle of Michigan winter, and forced to walk to the store to grocery shop woth a list for his gramma and aunt( both bedridden) and of course he needed his food but he couldn’t go out, he can’t smoke his cig outside theyd get wet… and its cold…

6 years later and another kid later, things getting worse everyday, he attempts to kill me.

Now 3 years later, my fiance understands my own struggles and goes put of his way to make my day easier. He does dishes and everything else on days I cant do anything, without asking.

Theyre out there… don’t sell yourself short, or think you deserve anyone or anything else less than what you deserve.

2 Likes

First …you get a shovel … then … u hit him …hard …real hard …

1 Like

My husband calls me a woodpecker when i ask him to do something. He usually forgets or doesn’t listen the first time i ask, so i say it again and get called woodpecker :confounded:

1 Like

If your pregnant, and 8 months at that, he better step up! It takes 2 to tango honey. When my wife was 8 months pregnant I did everything I could for her. I worked a full time job and then came home and cooked, cleaned, and made sure she was comfortable. Foot massages, back rubs, the works. Cleaning should be the bare minimum he’s doing

1 Like

My son called me three horses nag nag nag I thought it was hilarious

No, his calls it “b!tching”…and then I show him how a b!tch REALLY b!txhes :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe you should make him a sandwich.

So glad I’m single! The crap you women put up with makes me SMH and praise the Lord!

1 Like

If he is taking it as ‘demanding’ then try asking the same request differently…

I did everything when I was pregnant even after having a baby. I’m not married but still had a bf at the time and hated when he would do the house chores bc it was my job… Just bc someone is pregnant doesnt mean they cant get up and clean the house or do laundry unless the doctor put you on bedrest. It’s better if u get up and walk around getting some type of exercise…

He’s giving you a window to his soul… Take it for what it is!!! When the baby comes he’ll surely be the same way. Suggest marriage counseling and even go to parenting classes together. He doesn’t want reality to slap him in his face but that may be what needs to happen!