My husband complains my food isn't good: Help!

A bit of arsenic will fix it

3 Likes

He can make his own damn food then

Tell him to cook his own damn food! I’d refuse to cook for him

If you want to get better do it for yourself not him. If he doesn’t like it he can cook for himself.

3 Likes

Spices are key too…dont forget your flavor. Meat tastes better when you add seasoning…garlic…onion…basil…italian seasoning salt, pepper…etc…just season things that will help…I grew up in a house the food was bland…not bad just not full of flavor that the spices add. And just add a little of you to every dish follow the recipes online or that you find. Add your own spin to it. Good luck!

2 Likes

Have him show you how he likes it, cook together

He’s an ass. Have him cook or take you out. In all seriousness,if you want to learn to cook, it’s not that hard. Just practice, get a friend to help, follow recipes.

I would order food and act like it was mine just to see if he has negative comments then. If he does, you know it’s not your cooking he’s just looking for a reason to be an a$$hat.

9 Likes

I stopped cooking lol I feed my kids

Here’s a recipe for him to make, very easy one
You need a bowl, a spoon, some milk, and his favorite cereal.
That’s the recipe
Point is … He don’t like your cooking, he can do it himself

4 Likes

I agree with others who say- tell him to cook. But if you want to get better find a cool book or search online. I’m sure it’s not that you can’t. Maybe he’s bored of repeated dishes? My husband and I both cook together a lot of the time.

1 Like

Agree with you Carrie he needs to do it himself!

You still cook. So he should be grateful. You don’t have to cook at all or for him. And if he doesn’t like it he can make his own food. That’s just wrong

Then tell him to cook his own food and stop making him food. :woman_shrugging:

You’re trying your best to provide for him and all he’s doing to complaining. I know I’m not the best cook either, I admit, but all we can do is try out best

Teach hubby to cook.

I’d tell my husband if he don’t like it he don’t gotta eat. And if he’s gonna keep complaining he will start cooking.

Try using the tasty app!

Find out what his momma cooks. Thats really what he wants. I’ll bet he is a bit of a mama’s boy.

1 Like

I assume he knows where the kitchen is. He’d best hop to it if he feels so strongly about it.

1 Like

I have had strokes . And when I would try to cook , EVERYTHING was salty . So I had to bring it down a notch . I am a chef by trade , so I use to make really awesome food . I can do it now , without any hiccups. Try this recipe : White chicken . 2 and 1/2 pounds chicken breast , one can of cream of mushroom soup , one can cream of chicken soup , one 8oz container sour cream . Season salt , black pepper and garlic salt . Wash chicken , dry it off . Sprinkle garlic salt all over the chicken . Place in a 9x13 roasting pan . Then sprinkle the season salt and black pepper over top . In a medium bowl , whip the soups , undiluted , and sour cream together . Spread over top of the chicken and bake for 1 1/2 hours . ( yes I said 1 1/2 hours cause it makes it tender ) . Cover it with foil and let it ride . Then make rice and green beans . Girl !!! He will be begging for more !!! Oh yeah , bake it at 350 degrees .

Tell him to cook then wth

My tip, make him cook his own food if he doesn’t like what you are serving.

Tell him to cook it himself

1 Like

Tell him to cook then.

Tell him if he can do better he knows where the kitchen is :woman_shrugging:

You doing the right thing wanting to learn to cook good food for your husband. It’s absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to please your husband. When I first got married I didn’t know how to cook either but I did it anyway. My husband would tell me the truth about how it taste and what I used too much of and not enough of. From then on I’ve got better and better… So my advice is to just keep cooking, looking at recipes and use measuring cups. You’re get there.:heart:

1 Like

Tell him if can do it better then he can do the cooking

My ex said this, so I made him cook instead :rofl:

When I turned vegetarian, I was lost on ideas for meals. I turned to YouTube & find so many recipes.
Easy to follow when you watch the person in the video making it themselves!
Just search whatever it is that he favors as a meal….you will find many videos. Pick one & follow along!

Does HE know how to cook? Ask him to assist you in the kitchen to show you how he likes it. Win win. :trophy:

The nerve!? Men. :smirk::roll_eyes:

Talk with his mama … lol.

Most men love their Mama’s cooking. Get her recipes & ask her to give you hints on his favorites.

The next thing … ask HIM what he likes, and what he recommends for you to learn how to cook.

The last thing … get him involved. Take one or two nights a week to “joint cook” … find new recipes that you both think you would like to try, and cook them together.

Some of the easier dishes are casseroles or pasta dishes, but sometimes it’s just as simple as baking some potatoes & loading them with your favorite fillers … like cheese & broccoli, or chili, or BBQ.

Crock pots are great for easy meals, also.

One of my favorites is putting a large Chuck roast in the crock pot with a can of cream of mushroom soup … and a can of mushroom stems & pieces, and letting it cook all day on low. Then I make mashed potatoes, (or cheat & buy Bob Evans mashed potatoes in the refrigerator section at the store), and heat up a can of corn or whole green beans. Easy peasy.

Another idea is to make chicken tenders … I roll them in mayo, then roll them in a mixture of (half & half) grated parmesan cheese & Italian bread crumbs. Bake them at 350 for about 30-40 minutes. While they are baking, boil some spaghetti noodles, drain, and add some canned or bottled spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce. When the chicken is done, take up a plate of the noodles with sauce, put a piece or two of the chicken on top, then lay a piece of mozzerella cheese over the chicken to melt. Wall-ah … Chicken parmesan!

If you like Chinese food, an easy make is to brown a pound of hamburger in a large pot, drain the grease, then add chopped onion & chopped bell pepper to the meat. Fry together on medium heat until the onion softens, then add a package of shredded cabbage & carrots (slaw mix), a can of crushed pineapple, about a 1/4 cup of soy sauce, and a package of frozen broccoli florets. Make a small pot of steamed white rice, and you can serve the meat mixture over the rice, or mix the rice into the meat mixture. To make a pot of rice, you add 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water, salt to taste, bring to a boil & reduce the heat to lower medium & cook covered for about 20 minutes, then let it sit for about 5 minutes.

Get a good cook book to find useable recipes … I like Betty crocker cook books.

Good luck!

What meat does he prefer? Maybe i can give you a few winners from our house.

Lots of garlic! All the time lkl

Hello fresh lol but aside from making him cook maybe take a cooking class together or start cooking together and make it a positive experience

1 Like

Honestly so many recipes online to try when I first started years ago I need some help so told my husband don’t like it help me then so he did and with enough practice and honestly he helps me cook dinners if I ask I’ve gotten really good can cook about anything I went got books and looked at a bunch of recipes and just tweak them over time and got better at it one thing though that I’ve always been really good that he never had to help me with is baking it’s crazy to think I can make bread cookies cakes muffins anything of that nature but couldn’t cook or make an egg to save my life lol :sweat_smile:

Tell him to cook. Go on a cooking strike for sure :rofl:

1 Like

My biggest tip is to season your food. That is a game changer. Some of my favorite seasonings are garlic, onion powder, black pepper, kosher salt, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes.

1 Like

Throw the husband out. Go to taco Bell.

2 Likes

Seasoning start with that.

If you’re baking any kind of meat chicken, pork, beef. ALWAYS use either water or chicken/beef broth to keep it from drying out.

Pot pies:

• Take a frozen pie crust, thaw it & poke holes in the sides & bottom with a fork.
  • Bake @ 350 degrees a few minutes until just lightly browned.
  • Mix a can of undiluted cream of (celery, mushroom, chicken if using chicken, tomato if using beef/hamburger) soup with pre-cooked chicken or beef chunks/hamburger and a small bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Add a diced fresh onion.
  • mix well & pour into pie crust/s.
  • make some instant mashed potatoes and spread over the top, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
  • Bake until cooked through, 30-50 minutes depending on the depth of the crust.
  • if crust starts to burn, cover it with aluminum foil.
    Serve with fresh fruit.

Buy a chunk of beef, toss in a crock pot with baby carrots,
quartered yellow onions,
a container of whole fresh mushrooms (brush/wipe off dirt or wash them),
a bag of those baby potatoes or cut regular potatoes into large chunks,
toss in a bag of fresh green beans (or heat & add canned ones before serving) and
top everything with dried apricots.
Cook on low a couple hours (you can leave it cook while you’re at work). The house will smell wonderful.
Make a packet or two of brown gravy mix & stir in any liquid from the crockpot.
Serve on a platter.

I buy Goya black bean soup (no other brand will do, but you can try), a 90-second packet of basmati rice (or make from scratch), a lime & an onion.
-Make the rice, heat the soup & pour over the rice.
-Squeeze fresh lime juice on top, finely dice or grate fresh onion on top.
Good additions to this meal are baked plantains (Google ways to cook them or buy the prepared ones in the frozen food section of the grocery), baked chicken (marinate uncooked chicken overnight in lime, tequila & garlic powder if you want), & fresh melon.

1 Like

Watching the food network was my addiction for the longest time
To these basic b!tches telling him to do it hopefully you dont breed

Tell him to either eat what he is given or cook for himself. You are his partner not his personal chef. If he was polite about it maybe but thats just rude

I would tell him if he don’t like it he can cook. Geesh

3 Likes

Breakfast roll-ups (you can serve them for lunch & dinner too):
-Beat 3 eggs in a bowl
-Pick & choose whatever you like to add in: I add a couple tablespoons of salsa, some fresh or frozen spinach or other greens, ham, chorizo or crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar or other cheese (great for using up leftovers). Stir well.
-Add oil or butter to a pan (nonstick pans work best), on high heat & pour enough egg mix to cover the bottom of the pan. -After it starts to cook a bit & bubble I cover the pan & turn off the heat to let it finish cooking.
Optional: put on a whole wheat flour tortilla and roll up. Wrap in Saran Wrap and/or aluminum foil and freeze to preserve shape.
Take out of freezer & nuke a minute or more to heat. Easy to eat like an ice cream cone while commuting, or serve on a plate & top with melted cheese, sour cream, more salsa or guacamole.

Add meat to green peppers, onion wedges & bell peppers.

1. Fry with beef & soy sauce for beef with peppers, serve over rice.
  2. Fry with polish sausage slices or chunks & serve over wide noodles.
  3. Fry with chicken or beef strips & taco seasoning mix & serve with tortillas, cheese, sour cream and/or guacamole for fajitas.
1 Like

A couple easy chicken recipes:
Put chicken breast in crockpot, add about a cup of bbq, 1/4 c of brown sugar and cook on low for 6ish hours. Shred the chicken with forks and serve on Hawaiian buns (add some coleslaw on it and it’s even more amazing!)

Melt in your mouth Hasselbeck chicken: cut slits down the chicken breast, not all the way through. Then in a bowl mix about 1/2 cup of mayo with 1/2 cup grated cheese. Can add a pinch of pepper, salt, garlic, then put a little on the pan under the chicken, and cover the chicken with the mixture making sure to put it between each slice.
Oven at 375 for about 15ish minutes or until it’s a little brown on top.

But in all honesty…

1. You guys are married, and he’s just now complaining about your cooking? Tell him to friggen cook
  2. Whenever he complains, or tells you to make a sandwich, tell him “it’s in the fridge, some assembly may be required”.
1 Like

Tell him to cook for himself then lol. And then maybe he will appreciate what you cook. I hate cooking and I will rotate the same meals every week. Doesn’t bother me and my husband never complains either

2 Likes

Fancy tuna salad: in addition to mayo & chopped celery, add celery seed & diced water chestnuts from a can.

Fancy chicken salad: in addition to mayo & chopped celery add halved grapes &/or chopped pecans.

Fancy hamburger/meatballs/meatloaf:
To a square package of ground beef add a teaspoon of dry mustard (found with the spices), a tablespoon each of Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and ketchup; an egg, 2 Tablespoons of parsley. You can also add a tablespoon or two of plain or seasoned breadcrumbs. Mix well. Cook as desired.

My mom used to top meatloaf with her homemade cranberry relish before cooking to make it special.

Cranberry orange relish: fill food processor with fresh, washed cranberries & washed, quartered oranges, peel & all. Add 1/2 to 1 cup sugar & process. Taste to see if it needs more sugar.
Put jars/containers of extra in the freezer for later. Serve on or with meats (turkey is traditional, but works with ham, beef, chicken, pork, fish), as a side dish, over ice cream, in a smoothie.

1 Like

Im an average cook with a burnt out palet from cigarette smoking.i encourage my husband to taste and season my cooking.we also come up with a menu together.

Tell him to cook his own food

3 Likes

l get paid over $ 195 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 18277 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.
Go to This. https://dollarearningjob1020.pages.dev/

1 Like

The best recipe sometimes is at a lawyer’s office!

6 Likes

Man needs to cook his own dinner first off. Second if you want to learn for you, just grab a cook book and try few simple recipes, bolognaise, curry, roast etc good sauces make everything nice

Tell him to cook then I don’t play you don’t like it then you do it

2 Likes

I told mine. Fine, then you do the cooking and I quit cooking for him. Not as many complaints now, but still a few.

2 Likes

Do simple meals until you’re comfortable with your cooking skills. Baked chicken with simple sides, meatloaf, baked pasta dishes, any crockpot meal will be easy. Get a beginner cook book and level up from there! I taught myself how to cook by using cook books, learning the basics and moving up from there.

1 Like

Make a mental list of all the areas where he is inadequate and tell him that you’ll have time to brush up on your cooking when he improves his abilities in [insert miscellaneous skill or task].

8 Likes

Go on strike make him cook… then you go enjoy a fun cooking class and enjoy your work lol

1 Like

Season everything and add butter!! Bread and Fry some chicken legs or boneless breasts, dip in flour mixture(flour,baking powder, garlic, onion, salt/pepper) dip in eggs and then in flour again and let sit for a few mins before frying. Peel, boil and mash potatoes, add half/half, butter, salt/pepper. Steam some broccoli add cheese and seasoning.

Go on Pinterest you can find some good recipes on there.

1 Like

Then why isn’t he cooking if he thinks he can do better :rofl::joy:

5 Likes

He needs to get into the kitchen with you and show you how he likes it OR maybe he should cook to treat you and let you see what his food taste like.

4 Likes

Ask him what it is that he doesn’t like. Then tell that bitch you get what you get and don’t pitch a fit, you’re more than welcome to cook!

Use trinity (onion, celery and bell pepper) and green onions. Fresh parsley is good to use as a garnish. Use seasoning on your meats before you brown them. Like salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Tony’s and other seasonings of your choice. I live in South Louisiana and we season our food. I can send you some recipes if you would like to try.

Crockpot meals are so easy. Chicken, chili, lasagna, you name it you can put it in the crockpot. Slow cooking helps draw flavors out of your food. Plus, you have to season your food, but not OVER season. Get used to the holy trinity; salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.

1 Like

Libraries have cook books. Used book stores have cook books. Goodwill has cook books !!! Read the backs of boxes & cans you already have. There is help !!! U Tube… etc

Put some rat poison in it and he will stop complaining :man_shrugging::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

To be honest I learnt alot from these meals we recive each week. In nz we have a company called “hello fresh” they send the meat, vegetables and the sauces all you need to do is follow the instructions. We got it for a couple of months and I’ve learnt how to cook different tasty meals. Do you have something like this where you are?

Burn everything and he will take you out to eat. In my opinion it cost about the same.

3 Likes

Why can’t he teach you? Or show you what he likes? There are tons of sites online that you can choose from, maybe make suggestions before you cook? I am lucky, my husband cooks too, and lets me know if something isn’t right. We mostly joke about how he cooks a little better than I do.

My family likes my Mississippi pot roast.
Place the chuck roast in the bottom of your crock pot.
Sprinkle the ranch and au jus mixes over the top of the roast.
Add the butter and pepperoncini peppers.
Place the lid on top and cook over low heat for 8 hours or more.

1 Like

If your food is not good give him the stove and tell him to cook.

3 Likes

My ex used to tell me his Mums bolognaise was far superior to my own.

So I started poisoning the bolognaise.

He didn’t say anything after that.

Just kidding. But ew, pleasing men is not a worthwhile enough commitment to cause us stress.

6 Likes

Stop cooking for him? :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Wow when mine said that once to me I was like great I don’t need to cook lol I was like hey everyone else likes it, eat if u want I’m not cooking seperate meals​:woman_shrugging:t2::grin::grin::grin::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

If cooking is something that you like to do and want to get better at than great! If it’s just not something that interests you, it’ll never really get better. Instead have him cook and just switch around some of the other chores that you don’t mind doing? Skillet beefy Tex-Mex rice - brown 1lb.ground beef in a skillet, season with taco mix or 1/2-1 teaspoon of garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, ground cumin, season salt or salt and pepper. (this is all to taste), add 1 cup of your favorite salsa, enough rice for 2 portions or whatever you need (directions on packaging), add liquid according to the same directions (I use beef bullion or broth but you can use water). Simmer with lid until rice is almost done. You can add canned(drained) or frozen veggies at this point like corn, beans and peas etc. Let veggies heat through and shred cheese on top, turn off heat and place lid back on, let sit 5 minutes before serving.

Who says you have to do the cooking? Not in a mean way, but ask him to show you how. If his is better, then he is now the cook.

4 Likes

I’m not a great cook and my husband agrees… however he cooks and is great! So if he doesn’t like what you cook he can start cooking :thinking:

1 Like

One they say that I say let’s see you do better!

He would be cooking his own food then

Then he should do the cooking!

1 Like

Show him the cabinet, refrigerator,and stove & tell him to either fix something he might like himself or Go without.On strike!!!

Sounds like he can cook his own dang food. My boyfriend literally thanks me for dinner even if it’s just a frozen pizza

1 Like

Well it would help to know what kinds of food he likes? And you can learn anything on YouTube?

1 Like

Tell him to make his own then

4 Likes

Tell him to go back to his Mummy!!!

2 Likes

Check out pinterest. There’s some really good recipes

1 Like

If your cooking isn’t good enough for him tell him to cook for both of u

The trick is to let him cook!

2 Likes

Tell him to cook it then

1 Like

Make it fun- ask him to cook with you. Ask for his help with ideas and seasonings

Sounds like he should cook the food then :woozy_face:

1 Like

Ask him
To show you how to cook!!!
Since he knows it all

2 Likes

Find out what kind of food he likes and have him cook with you. Everyone has different pallets. Idk your dynamic and the responsibilities each of you agreed to. But there is no reason he cannot be polite about how he addresses you. And there’s no reason he cannot help you with the cooking and giving you tips of things he likes and doesn’t like. My husband and I either take turns cooking (truthfully he does more cooking because I work 2 jobs and am often tired). But we also help each other. He will usually do simple stuff like Mac and cheese or quesadillas. I like to cook a balanced meal with a protein and 2 sides. When I cook from scratch he will help with the cleaning and prep work while I cook. But really, anyone who can follow written directions can learn how to cook. Find recipes and talk about the ingredients and instructions with him to see if it is something that would interest him.

If he isn’t happy tell him to cook.

Listen if a man isn’t happy eating whatever is on the table when he gets home from work leave🤷‍♀️ my man came home and I said I made u ribs but I tried getting them apart when they were frozen and the tip of the knife broke off didn’t find it guess what he still said u tried they r good still ate them yes he is alive but I never found that tip of the knife! Point of the story he still ate it still appreciated I tried. Find u a man that appreciates ur cooking. I burnt something one time guess what he still ate it ur husband don’t appreciate that u cook if he don’t like it tell him to cook it himself next time or find u a husband that appreciate u🤷‍♀️

Look, take it as a criticism but venture outside of what you know. Try some recipes, learn how some seasonings interact with eachother. Try more made from scratch food. Oh and also tell him to come help, then there’s less room for him to talk because that’s just rude as long as you’re trying

Let him cook or choose the recipes

Follow cooking channels on YouTube, and Rachel Ray and Martha Stewart both have awesome cookbooks out, plus the millions of others.

It’s good he can tell you things like this and you take it so well. That’s great communication! I hope you can improve your cooking skills and get them where you want. Besides the husband, being able to cook yummy meals for yourself feels amazing. You deserve to feel that.

1 Like

Let him cook it himself

1 Like