My husband died 4 years ago, am I obligated to spend time with his family?

All that matters is how your daughter feels. Eff them. Use it as a teaching moment for ur daughter and let her continue the relationship.

Is the question really whether or not you’re obligated to spend time with your ex husbands family or whether or not we agree with you spending your child’s money?

2 Likes

I lost my wife 3 months ago and I don’t feel obligated to bring my kids around her family. I do bring them around but only to certain ones.

4 Likes

Putting your child in the middle of your family issues and disfunction, big, old, fat YIKES. You will be the reason she will need to go seek therapy or end up with anxiety because of the unneeded stress you are putting her through. You never put kids in the middle of ADULT issues, signed a child from a horribly messy divorce who was placed in the middle. And now as a 36 year old woman I have anxiety and the root is adults putting me in the middle of drama. Stop it.

10% to God? I mean it sounds like it’s a tug of war between you and your family and your daughter’s got in between. She’s making that money she’s learning what hard work is You don’t need to take that from her. I can understand maybe putting some money towards college or something but some of those other things is just flat out stupid! Also I would stop being so lenient and and and demand your card back. I mean no one can witness you giving that money back to her especially if you keep in an envelope. Create an account for that way all the deposits and memos for the deposits can be seen! I think that other side the family is toxic too and you shouldn’t feel obligated it sounds like they’re trying to turn her against you but at the same time you kind of make it easy. Your family and you need to look in the mirror and make a change!

1 Like

A MINOR shouldn’t have to pay a parent for anything. I’m so sick of hearing about this. Okay so if she’s really saving money for the daughter for when she moves out of college then open a savings account in daughter’s name to where no money can be withdrawn until daughter turns 18 and only by daughter. The rest should be for daughter to spend how she likes. 10% to “God”? Really? Plus $25 on top of that? Um no! Clearly the daughter is not happy with the dictatorship going on! She’s being responsible working and for what? She’s barely making anything as it is. Ridiculous. No wonder she’s turning to her dad’s family! Poor thing. No wonder why you want to cut ties. :expressionless:

You lost me at 10% to God.

They sound toxic, drop them and let them know why and that you don’t appreciate them talking crap about you and yes you know they are.

Pretty easy to solve this.
Read your post like some friend wrote it to you. Read it from a friend’s perspective and role play that in your mind and see what you’d advise your friend if it were him/her going through this.
You already know the answer.

Stop making her give 10% to god for starters!!! :woman_facepalming::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

My head hurts after reading that …and 10% to God :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

This sounds super mormon

You can choose your friend’s but not your family…unfortunately

𝓐𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓻 𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓶𝓶𝓪𝓻, 𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓻 𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰, 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷’𝓼 𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓼𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓫𝓵𝓮. 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓬𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓼𝓾𝓬𝓱 𝓽𝓸𝔁𝓲𝓬 𝓻𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝓲𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂’𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓯 𝓼𝓷𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓾𝓷𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓵𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓼 𝓪 𝓹𝓪𝔀𝓷. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓹𝓾𝓽 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓯𝓸𝓸𝓽 𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷 & 𝓽𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓯𝓯 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓫𝓵𝓮-𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻 𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝓮𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓾𝓼𝓫𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓹𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝔂. 𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂.

God doesn’t need her money…

I had a stroke reading this Jesus

For a start stop taking 10% of your daughters money for your imaginary friend.

4 Likes

Heads up your kid probably won’t be talking to you in the future if you are forcing her to give 10% to god. That’s some toxic controlling manipulative stuff right there.

10 Likes

You’re not wrong for being upset over the situation. It seems like they’re worrying about things that aren’t their business.

Also no money to “god”

And this The 10 Worst Old Testament Verses by Dan Barker - Freedom From Religion Foundation

1 Like

You make your daughter give 10% of HER INCOME to “god” GOD??!? What the actual fuck

13 Likes

So people are being forced to “pay” for “religion” now? Yuck! :nauseated_face::man_facepalming:t3: … Your Daughter didn’t get a job for you, it’s inevitable she gets one eventually, so why are you taking control of her funds? And why are you forcing her to pay money to a church? Sounds pretty messed up if you ask me.

8 Likes

So when grandparents or family members invite my kids somewhere extra they normally pay. For extra things like that as a single parent it can be a struggle to do. With your husband gone does his family try to help you financially? I would not play the money game with them. If they take them somewhere they need to pay. Period! That will fix this situation.
A lot of people are concerned about your daughters money. Well a lot of people tithe to their church why are you all assuming her daughter doesn’t. And teaching children to save is very important. The extra 25 is a bit much in my opinion that could just be in her savings as well.
My daughter puts half her check in savings. She doesn’t have any bills and will just blow it if not. It does make her proud to see that balance and not just wonder where all her money went (food and waste).
As far as his family… what would you husband have wanted? Going forward tell your daughter you are not interested in what they say. Your daughter is old enough to know what is true or not and stick up for you if she chooses. Let her know That she is there to spend time with their fathers people for as long as she chooses to do so. Trust if the family continues to bad mouth you she won’t want to.
You don’t have to be involved with them at all. But when they take the children they should cover the cost.

I don’t think you should take any of her money, take her to a bank to open a. Savings account, and 10% to god? Are you kidding me?? That’s freaking ridiculous. Let her deal with religion on her own terms and for gods sake just quit taking her money. Get a second debit card.

First, off i love that your daughters first money off the top goes to God… Always most important. As for the rest personally would distance myself. Toxic people are toxic, period. Doesn’t matter who they are. Its none of their business what you tell your child to do with their mony

4 Likes

I’m not even going to finish this you seem full of drama. Stop telling that baby how to spend her money and 10% to “god”??? Wtf for he cant spend it and she owes “god” nothing…let your kids up from under your thumb i feel your mad bcuz some of the stuff they say about you is true.

21 Likes

Wow…sorry your family sound like narcissistic jerks, and sorry that all the atheist pricks are attacking you on here instead of scrolling on by. Sending love and prayers your way :pray:

4 Likes

Seems your daughter is old enough to choose if she wants to be around them or not.

Honestly why do you make her pay? Why wouldn’t you just give your son extra money. You sound controlling.

13 Likes

Poison ,stay away from them

1 Like

stop having your daughter pay. Get a separate debit /credit card with an account for your daughter. It seems off that you wants to show her responsibility, yet your lacking responsibility yourself. If this is the only family, who are you referencing …then who is this referring to? …”There are times when one of us will pay for everything and then everybody pays them back, but I always pay them back’ I’m not trying to be rude, I’ve read the comments.but it’s almost like your talking in circles… don’t put your child in that situation again if your concerned about viscous verbal comments from family. It’s just that easy. In the time you took to write this, a money account for expenses for your child could have been opened. That way this doesn’t happen again. Im only saying this bc you are saying money isn’t the problem, it’s family talking …

I think it’s important to keep family in your children’s life and as a parent doing whatever you are able to make those bonds work. If you restrict a good relationship with your children, your children will seek them out later and leave you. If you think it’s worth it, go from there. I would never recommend staying in any type of abusive, mentally or physically, family or otherwise relationship. I also let my children decide who they want relationships with and never keep them from anyone.

Another concern is the money situation. If your child is old enough to make money, she’s old enough to spend it as she pleases. I understand your values dictate a certain way, and you can definitely guide her to do it, but monitoring and controlling instead of guiding is hard to support as a parenting move.

6 Likes

Get another card for your account so she can hang onto it. This will eliminate you not having your card and having to pay her back when she uses her own money. As far as the family goes they need to mind their own business when it comes to how you do things with your children.

9 Likes

If they take your peace, you don’t need to have them around.

2 Likes

Just throwing it out there, I had a mother who controlled what I did with my money and what family I saw. I didn’t talk to her for years of my adult life and am in my mid thirties now. We are just now starting to build a relationship, and there are setbacks every step of the way

6 Likes

It seems like a lot of y’all are making up your own scenarios instead of actually comprehending what was wrote and using that to determine your answer. Where y’all getting from her post that her daughter has an issue with the arrangement? Y’all are assuming she has an issue with their arrangement but that wasn’t said. So if it was never said how y’all making it the truth? And if you actually read the post thoroughly you would see where it says her daughter takes off 3 days a week and she pays her for those days. Mom pays her for those three days. Y’all need to read the actual post and take the information being given to y’all to make your conclusion instead of making your own scenarios about what might have happened could have happened .:woman_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

You should never owe your child money, be the parent and support your children do not expect them to support you

3 Likes

Why does god need money tho. He seems like hes all set.

16 Likes

I believe in god but don’t fork money over to the church left and right. Maybe have her donate to a food bank, keep it and by supplies for the homeless in the winter…… I do believe in her saving and paying you 25 a week so you can gift it to her when she leaves for college. As for the family…… let her around them. It sounds like she is almost of age any how. She is going to do what she wants once she is 18….

3 Likes

There may some hard truths that you need to look at. Hey your own budget together so you’re not asking a child to ‘front’ you money. If you leave your card at home, GO
HOME AND GET IT THEN RETIRN TO THE STORE! It would be no different if your daughter wasn’t there.

You’re parentifying her and that’s NOT FAIR at all. Let her spend her money the way she wants to and stop getting between their relationship with their family members. If you don’t like them, then YOU can keep your distance.

4 Likes

Lol so what. Let them think what they think no need to punish the kids that’s their family and it seemed like you were starting the trouble you didn’t have to call and ask :woman_facepalming:and your daughter shouldn’t be paying for your stuff that’s the money she worked for :woman_shrugging:get your own money and your own cards

3 Likes

Who are you first of all to control your daughters hard earned money?! Who are you to make her give 10 percent to god ? You are the issue here and everyone sees it but yourself

10 Likes

Sorry sounds like a bunch of overexagerated :poop::poop::poop: about the family so people would agree with you. Your not obligated to spend time with his family. But the kids should. Your taking from them. Only thinking of yourself.

3 Likes

Most of these comments are stuiped. I know you want her to give to God but that should be her choice. Making her save for college is a good thing. However if your daughter forgets to give you your card back just stop having her do anything for you. I know it’s hard at times when us parents get sick and stuff but she obviously isn’t responsible. Maybe. Just keep some cash in a envelope instead for the just in case she picks something up for you.Don’t have her pay for your stuff and then pay her back because she is obviously telling others and it’s creating drama. I know you mean well though. For family wise you don’t need to deal with it and your allowed to cut them out of your life. That is your husband side so don’t feel obligated to talk to them. However the kids are old enough to decide if they want to be around them. They can meet that family outside… you don’t have to let them in your home.I hope things get better.

2 Likes

Just be aware the money you give to the church for “God” helps pay for pedophile priests’ lawyers… you could ask your daughter to put 10% back into your community food banks by buying and donating food or buying blankets for shelters. Then you’re doing good deeds and know where the money is being spent.

11 Likes

I would have a very deep discussion with my children about how they feel about their family, what’s actually being said to them and if they feel comfortable around them.
I would never make my children keep a relationship with toxic family! I don’t owe family anything blood or not, you don’t tell me how to parent, and you don’t talk to my children negatively in any way or you won’t see them!!

I would give them an ultimatum. Either respect my boundaries or do not see the kids! I know it’s hard when they’re your only family, but that is extremely toxic behavior. Everything they do and say will affect the kids. You do not want your husbands family to be influencing your Children’s behavior. If they aren’t respectful they do not need to be around the children, no matter who they are.

They sound toxic but so do you :skull:

9 Likes

I wouldnt be around them. And wtg is 10% to god. That money is hard earned cash and she should be putting that aside for a home or a car in the future

8 Likes

Wow,most of you are being rude af. If she is paying her daughter for the missed work and pays her back right away if the daughter has her card, who cares? I’m not really religious so I never did the give a % to God thing, but my parents had a similar structure with my checks as a teenager. I had to put 50% in savings and the rest was mine for whatever. I was irritated at the time not having my whole check to spend but I’m glad my parents had me do it because it taught me how to be responsible with money. As far as the family, talk to your kids. Get their thoughts and give them that choice. You don’t have to hve a relationship with them if you don’t want to but unless your kids are being harmed by them, I’d leave it up to your kids. Ultimately, they are your kids and you have to do what’s best for them in the end.

Jaclyn Brown
I don’t think it is fair of you to post a misleading statement and ask for advice on it. I know that you have corrected yourself and your post several times in your replies to comments but it’s obvious that everyone doesn’t have time to sit and read them all….although all of these people are still taking time to comment and try to help you with their thought on the situation based on your initial post which again is very misleading.
You should edit the post with the corrections and not waste people’s time who all trying to help you

1 Like

She’s working for her own money! You can suggest how she spends it but your shouldn’t be making her give 10% to anything she doesn’t want to or anything else for that matter. Honestly YOU as the mother need to do better! Borrowing from your own kids???

2 Likes

I swear it’s some miserable MFs in this group. I thought it was SUPPOSED to be about mothers uplifting each other and giving advice. Yes the letter was a little hard to understand but I think I get the gist. The bottom line is her family is talking :poop: about her to her children which is WRONG. But some of y’all are stuck on the 10%(Tithes) and the $25 that she is setting aside for college. That’s HER kid and she’s trying to teach her certain financial responsibilities that she feel are important. There’s nothing wrong with that.:woman_shrugging:t4: For the woman who wrote this, if your family continues to talk :poop: about you to your kids, cut them off. IDGAF if they’re family or not. You’re already raising these kids on your own. You don’t need adults undermining what you are trying to teach your kids. If your kids decide that they want a relationship with them when they become adults then that’s up to them.

25 Likes

10% to God? Seriously?

7 Likes
  1. I’d tell them that if they continue to talk down on you to your children you will have to not let the children be alone with them.
  2. Dictating that she give 10 percent to the church is ridiculous. That doesn’t help anything. If you really want to teach her to be selfless with that 10 percent, suggest she donate it to a homeless shelter, animal shelter, etc. And then let her make her own choice.
4 Likes

Toxic is toxic…idc who it is. I distant myself around my own blood. & dont you feel about it. You’re not obligated to do a dang thing.

1 Like

Honestly, you sound like you have some issues. If your daughter is saying she doesn’t think you’ll pay her back, that’s for a reason. Don’t take away her dad’s family because you didn’t like what the aunt said. She didnt want you yelling at your child, while she was doing you a favor (you know taking your son somewhere…for you). You sound bitter towards his family and that’s something you need to work on and don’t let your child get in the middle.

And after reading this again is it your family or his family? Either way, don’t punish your child because you have issues. It sounds like they include your children in things. Talk to them and not an online group.

7 Likes

Cut them off, but also get your shit together it’s not your daughters job to be picking up where you drop the ball.

They are rude, they are undermining your relationship with your children.

Rebecca Machacz Not everyone.

Family isn’t always blood. It’s who we choose.
Stop entertaining these ppl.

1 Like

I think you should stop making her pay you and god. She is 15 and she needs to learn how to handle her own money. When she moves out on her own she will not have anyone telling her what to do. You need to trust her to make good choices and guide her as much as you can. This means letting her decide on how to handle her money. So if she makes the bad choices she can learn from them while she is at home. Also, Do yourself a favor… get yourself a second debit card and keep it in your purse and stop making your child pay for stuff and eventually paying them back. Btw, my son is 14 and saved for 4 weeks to buy what he wanted. Kids will learn how to save and how to work for it without you telling them how to handle there money.

2 Likes

Wait why are you forcing your kid to save money for something that you believe in. What’s sky daddy gonna do with 10%? Give that poor kid her money and stop being selfish

11 Likes

You sound just like my sister. I feel for your child. :no_mouth:

8 Likes

I would tell the family to stay out of personal matters between your daughter and you. If you want to take all her pay and save it for her that’s the choice you make as her mom. The family can do nice things for her without guilting you. If they continue to talk behind your back I would distance yourself from them and ignore them. They won’t change and you can only be there for your daughter.

4 Likes

Just a thought. If she has ur card how about u tell her to pay for it with ur card?? All that is settled. But it says are u obligated to spend time with his family. So. No. Also 10% to god. I would really have her save that also. The money isn’t really going to gos. It’s for a church or whatever to do with. So just have her save it. Start a checking account for her or savings account. Either way though. If ur family or his family are talking crap about u to
Ur Kids they shouldn’t be hearing it. No matter what. They shouldn’t put kids in the middle
Of this.

1 Like

Toxicity all the way around full 180 of them toxic toxic vibes

1 Like

I cut people out. Plain and simple. Family or friend I don’t care. My kids and me are worth more than their crap. So, no you’re not obligated to.

For certain family I have rules. You follow them or it’s simple, they’re not coming over.

2 Likes

It sound like you all need a break from each other

Lol how do u give 10% to god? :joy: it’s not your money how dare you tell her where and how to spend her money. You’re the type that prob makes a 16yr old pay rent. Thank god she has her dads side :pray:t3:

15 Likes

You all sound TOXIC!

9 Likes

Sounds like they’re toxic. But if your kids want a relationship with them, let them. Communication is key. As far as them & the money, it’s nobody else’s business but yours & your daughter. Kudos to you for teaching her financial responsibility.

3 Likes

What do you mean 10% to god???

2 Likes

You sound like a nut job to be honest. 10% to god??? Wtf do you need to pay god for?? It’s all the family the kids have left you’d be an asshole to take that way. Sorry but I kind of feel bad for your kid. I understand saving money and all that crap but we are all only getting one side to this story…

Too much drama , just tell them they have it all wrong :expressionless:

1 Like

You are teaching your kids to be well rounded adults. Who cares what unimportant people say? And it shows in the comments people didn’t read everything. You are putting money up for her future, and showing her that she will have bills out there in the real world. Schools don’t teach it and most parents don’t show their kids what the real world is like. It’s between you and your kids no one else. I tought my kids the same and they are doing great. They have great jobs and are respectful adults. And if it’s fine with your daughter,who cares what they think or say.

7 Likes

Why aren’t you asking for your card back? Sounds a bit taken out of control. There’s some good and bad here. If the aunt or whoever paid for something you should have paid for for whatever reason then just take it as a gift. Stop over thinking it. You can’t stop people from their opinions and your daughter is 15 and should know very well you’ll pay her back or not. At the end of the day you chose who you want in your life, you’re not obligated to have anything to do with anyone here regardless of whether or not someone died or who’s blood family. And your daughter has the same luxury. She’s probably going to hang out with people you may not approve of and decide to do with her money later as she will. It’s good to teach her about saving. It’ll pay off. But at this age you may not want to spend time with this family and feel slighted by the family members comment but she probably might and she knows you.

2 Likes

Forcing her to pay tithes is only going to push her away from God. That should be her choice. If you want her to save money then maybe make her a savings account that she can see where her money is going. How soon do you actually pay her back? Their is a reason she says she’s afraid you won’t pay her back. If you’re gonna borrow money from your kid, you should ask not force. If you give your card to your kid to do something for you ask for it back immediately.

7 Likes

So funny, how hypocritical people are, all for everyones rights except when it comes to a persons belief in god or church. Thats the only right you cant have according to them. Its her minor child. She could legally take her entire check if she wanted to. Not saying thats right -but thats not for anyone else to decide. Shes allowed to raise her child under her beliefs and morals just as you are entitled. You want to raise your children without a higher power, thats your business, as raising her child under her set of morals and ethics are hers. Thats the beauty of freedom. You liberals are so hypocritical.
As far as the situation with your late husbands family- if it were me, id cut them out of my life, anyone who isnt serving your higher self, let them go. You have zero obligation to have toxic, degrading people in your life.

14 Likes

Seems your daughter is old enough to speak and choose for herself with your guidance secondly there had to be alot of info being left out like someone owing someone money not paying it back repeatedly etc. You should not have your daughter pay for your stuff at all

I’m trying to figure out why your first question is asking if you should be obligated to let them spend time with the dads family and then proceed to talk about your family…

10 Likes

Girl! You know the truth, dont explain. Obviously your daughter too is of age to set the record straight.

That hurt my brain to read… you were all over the place with this one and no explanation to your first question

17 Likes
1 Like

She’s overstepping and it’s none of her business nor anyone else’s what y’all do. I would have said, “I don’t owe you any explanation, it’s none of your business”. You’re her mom, she’s a minor, you’ve spent plenty on her, plain and simple. What you say goes. If you do or don’t pay her back, is between y’all, not anybody else… If you allow people to over step, they will.

1 Like

Yeah a church at one point took advantage of me of that tithe thing at the low point of my lie many years ago and when I asked for help to protect me n my children from Dv and asked for that $$$$ back that I gave them the church said no and me n children must have done something to deserve it

3 Likes

Kids dont need toxic family. They are better off without. You dont deserve that an neither do they.

1 Like

You’re not obligated to spend time with toxic people or to expose your children to toxic people just because they are “family.”

6 Likes

You also, can pick and choose who can or can’t be around your kids. If you say no, it’s no. If they bad mouth you and stick their nose where it doesn’t belong, they get cut off… I would not do that to my sister to her kids. If I felt strongly about something I’d go to her not my nephew’s about it. But at the end of the day, it’s her kids, her way.

1 Like

They are growing fast momma. You did your job, they obviously know the difference. I mean you had one daughter stay home why? Because the auntie was paying instead of the arranged plans you had already made. Sounds to me like that daughter fully understands the adult situation. Not only understands but is adult enough to pull a string or two of her own where they count…like not going.
I would however have a private chat with this auntie. She would know without a shadow of doubt her boundaries. She would be given the choice to stay within them or it would be her or whomever disrespecting me that WOULDN’T be partaking with my kids.
There are a ton of ways to keep kids occupied, gone and unavailable. They won’t even have the time to think of auntie!

3 Likes

Tell them to butt out and keep their opinions to themselves. Make friends who will be positive for you. Cut the negativity from your life even if it means family.

Single mom? Yes sounds like it!! I emptied our family piggy bank out because I was $100 short on buying my kids a new home for winter!!! No shame my kids will be happy healthy and loved this winter and who cares every single mother in the history of the old has had to do something similar if not the exact same thing

1 Like

My husband died in 2008 my son was 3 my older kids talk to his family i dont i dont have a problem w them or anythinh now my son is 16 they want to see him and have to do with him i let my son makes his own decision i told him they are good people i dont talk bad aboit them if they are bad i let my son learn on his own cause i dont want anyone to think i put anything in his head i ask my son when you are ready he can see them when ever he wants i ask him since he was 8 this he words to me is this i shouldnt have to go look for them they should of been there since i was little not while iam almost a adult they had all these yr to know me . My family is what has been there for me since i was lil ( which is my husband family i have now ) they are my family i know them not those people . All i can tell him try to get to know them he refuses i cant make him change is mind . All he said is i know i have my dad in heaven . But that all i have from his family his bro n sis are not my uncle. I dont talk to his family every now n them his nephew n nieces sends me messages telling me to bring him but my son wont he told me no

1 Like

Your daughter told them you dont pay her back

1 Like

I’m not trying to be mean. I was struggling to understand what you were asking/saying. I’m glad other people are able to cipher what you are saying :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

You lost me at 10% to God…

18 Likes

I wouldn’t even consider them family even though they are your husband’s family.He’s gone now,so the ties that you had with them can be severed without feeling guilty. Because of the way that they treat you, (especially talking about you in front of everyone and your children as well),they are definitely toxic.They are humiliating you, insulting you,and degrading you.No one deserves that.It seems like that’s the way they’re always going to be towards you,so I would just cut ties with them.The problem lies with them.The fault lies with them. By keeping yourself and your children away from them,you’re doing what you are supposed to do-you’re protecting yourself and your children.Be prepared-because you know they’re going to put all the blame on you…

2 Likes

Controlling your child’s money is a big no no. My parents tried doin that to me and I told them to fuxk off. Once I became an adult, they STILL tried to force me to go to church and controlled how I spent my money. I barely have anything to do with them now because of it. Let your daughter spend her money the way she wants too. She’ll figure it out on her own when she’s broke.

4 Likes

If my husband passed, his family wouldn’t see the kids bc they dont like me and I’m ok with that! Actually dont even care anymore! Why have you kids around people that dont support you? I stay away from the negative bs.

2 Likes

You don’t need to see them ever. And your kids know the truth. Sounds like your kids know the truth about the path you are on. Who cares if anyone else says anything. Drama is for teenagers. Not adults. Side story.
My boys came home from dads weekend. My oldest said “mom step mom asked me if her cooking was better then yours, I didn’t know what to say”. I asked him if he liked her food and he said yes. I told him to tell her that her cooking was way better then mine. He was confused as he felt is was betraying me some how. I smiled and told him that she was silly for asking that and will respond with lots of freshly cooked meals. About a month later he told me that she always has huge meals prepared for them when they arrive. I told him, excellent. Don’t forget to remind her that her food is very tasty. Instead of getting petty, I totally set my kids up for huge meals.
Don’t play into the drama. Outsmart the childish adult behaviors. Was a total win win on my side.

5 Likes

This post made me dizzy :woozy_face:

10 Likes

I stopped reading at 10% to God lol sorry

10 Likes