My husband doesn't think we should replace my moms lawnmower or cell phone: Advice?

If it was his and someone broke it would he want it replaced? I bet so. Do what is right and follow your heart. If it was a really old mower maybe offer to go half on a new one. The newer battery ones are nice and quite.

Regardless it’s your mom :heart: she does alot for you and you recognize that, get them replaced for her​:white_heart:

your husband sounds selfish and yes replace or fix the lawnmower and replace phone, if it was anyone else but your mom, would he say the same or replace🤔

1 Like

Answer is: “What is the Right Thing To Do???”
This should not even be a question. Your Husband is acting childish and selfish. He needs to do a little growing up himself !!!

1 Like

So maybe instead of replacing both COMPLETELY, maybe go halves on each? I’m playing devils advocate and gonna say he probably feels like you should replace them to a certain extent because of the depreciation? I know she didn’t say that in the post but I’m saying… also, he needs understand that she did y’all a favor with letting him borrow the lawnmower and your daughter is your responsibility…

My mom helps me and my fiancé out a lot with the kids so I know of it were us, there would be no argument.

You said you pay her less than you would pay a daycare and they get to spend time with their grandmother! What a blessing! Hate to say it but your husband is being UGLY CHEAP. He doesn’t seem to appreciate what your mom is doing for y’all. Of course replace the phone. Your daughter broke it and it’s the right thing to do. If it happened with my kids my mother would never ask me to replace it but I would. See if the lawnmower can be repaired. If it’s not worth the cost of a repair. Buy another one. Our
rule when you borrow something has always been return it in the same condition as when you borrowed it. We often return them better(clean,etc…). You said you don’t have a mower. You’ll probably borrow it again. It’s a win/win for both parties.

You daughter threw phone in water, you are responsible. If she keep your children for below current wages, fix the lawn mower. Tell your husband to stop being a cheapskate.

2 Likes

My daycare provider has a policy that I must pay for any damages my children do while at her house which I think is totally fair.

Fix the mower because she’s your Mom and she needs that phone if she is keeping your children

Tell your husband to go price daycares and see how expensive it is.

Plus you won’t find an on demand babysitter or daycare. The fact that your mom makes herself available is rare and a blessing.

Sounds like your husband needs a dose of reality. Replace the phone and lawnmower that’s the right thing to do.

1 Like

Go half/half on both the lawnmower and the phone. Phone should not have been where a child can get it.

IF your mom helps the least you can do is go get them with no question asked. Tell your husband you would do the same to his mom also.

The phone and lawnmower should be replaced. Tell your husband to quit being cheap. If the tables were turned he would want them replaced.

2 Likes

Your husband is a twat. Replace both.

2 Likes

That is awful that your husband feels he doesn’t owe on this stuff. First off even if the lawnmower was junk or old it was running when he used it and it broke, just get it fixed for her, you had it and at that point your responsibility, I had this happen when I borrowed my brothers sander, ya it was old and he got it for free but why should he be without cause it broken while I was using it. Your kid broke the phone and it doesn’t matter if you pay her or not your responsible for when your kids break or damage something, why should it come out of her pocket. Your husband really doesn’t have any gratitude that your mother is helping you save on childcare by helping you out so just help her out and if he keeps acting like this I would send him packing,

1 Like

She’s your mother with or without the daycare these are just things you should do and if the gentleman has an issue with that then I’m glad I’m not his mother

3 Likes

Absolutely 100% you need to replace them!!

1 Like

Replace. If it was his mom he would.

2 Likes

Replace both and tell your husband not to borrow anything else from her. And don’t forget you only have one Mom. Treat her good I wish I had mine boy do I miss her

1 Like

She approaches your situation as a FAMILY member would with being flexible and keeping your other daughter when you need it. You should definitely approach it the same way on your end. She is your mom after all :blush:

Fox mower and replace phone

1 Like

He is wrong. It broke when he was using it. The phone also. Does he realize how much you would pay a daycare?

3 Likes

She’s your mom. I’m sure she’s caring for your child because she is her grandchild. I maybe wrong but probably not just because she wants to do daycare. Replace them both. She was good enough to loan it to you.

2 Likes

Wow, husband’s a real d*ck. The right thing is to replace what was broken!

1 Like

Your husband’s a dick---- keep being good to your mama.

You shouldn’t be asking your husband’s approval to help in whatever way you want your own mom. He’s your partner and I understand you guys are a team but there’s some boundaries a husband or a wife shouldn’t cross. You own your mom everything and now is the moment to give back. If you allow your husband to have an opinion in what o how you should act towards your mom you’ll regret it for the rest of your life.

6 Likes

I think it’s totally fair simply for the reason that is your mother and she doing you guys an amazing favor proving somewhere safe and affordable for your kids to go.

1 Like

Bottom line… You married a skinflint, entitled, unappreciative idiot. :face_with_monocle: To wit;
1.) He was using her mower off her property and it quit while under his control. His “Fault” or NOT. Buy her another one, as y’all both use it. Obviously. :face_with_monocle:
2.) Your daughter destroyed her phone, “Periodt.” Replace it.
3.) Daycare is E.X.P.E.N.S.I.V.E…
She’s raised her family, and is under Z.E.R.O. obligation to help him raise his. Price what daycare goes for in your area, and ask him if he’d rather foot THAT bill. If not, tell him for me to grow t.f. up, MAN UP, pull his head out of his hind end, and PAY UP! Seriously! He should be greatful for the cut-rate help by someone who actually LOVES his young’un as much as OR MORESO than HE does.
Be Blessed, Mamma! :love_you_gesture:t4::cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

I think you are right and you need to replace it

2 Likes

How you gonna break the lawnmower and not replace :joy::rofl::joy:

He is sooo wrong!!! Your mom has loved, helped(even paying her) you know the kids are safe and loved. She hasn’t demanded these things be replaced, instead you offered… which tells me your mama raised you right. Do right by your mom and make your husband see the light

2 Likes

Try paying a sitter or daycare

Yes definitely fix mower and replace phone.

1 Like

Your husband is wrong, tell him to price daycare so he sees how much he will be losing even with flexibility. It’s your mom, I would be doing it.

2 Likes

Replace/fix the items that were damaged in your profession/due to your child

Screw that… take care of your mama cause she takes care of your most precious valuables in your life… plus, she’s your mama.

6 Likes

You’re right. Your husband is wrong. If my child were to break someone’s phone, I’d have to replace it. And if my husband borrowed someones lawn mower and he messed something up on it, he’d fix it without hesitation. If it was some normal wear and tear that just messed up but wasn’t anyone’s fault, my husband would still offer to go in 50/50 with whoever he borrowed it from.

Sounds like your husband is being an ignorant dink, honestly. You’re being perfectly reasonable, he is not. What’s he got against your mom? Does he hate her or something?

The phone was definitely your daughters fault.

Replace it. It’s your mom

1 Like

I would definitely try to fix the mower, maybe it’s something simple like being flushed. I would replace her phone if my kid did that.

See how well he’ll like paying full price for daycare and then tell him to stfu :shushing_face:

It’s your mom, especially if she helps out that much help her out!

It wasn’t junk when he wanted to use it. Definitely replace both.
I’d love to have a family member looking after my children you’re incredibly lucky, paying or not.

5 Likes

Your husband is a jerk

1 Like

Replace both. Any good child would. Especially if it broke because of you or your child,

Wear and tear happens when you use other peoples things. Why does your mom have to replace it when she isn’t the only one who uses it? If not for her, he’d have to buy a lawn mower which he should have done anyway instead of worrying about replacing someone elses. His child broke your moms phone which means, he is responsible for that phone. What is so hard to understand? I’d say for both to pay half to fix the lawnmower unless it needs replaced because of something he did.

3 Likes

Go buy it anyway. Shes your mum tell him naff.off

1 Like

Ur husband sounds like an ass sorry. I’d be paying my mother what she’s worth and more and I should would not be letting him tell me no

Definitely two different things. Not fair to your mom if your family broke them you replace them.

Beyond the fact that you pay her she is family. I’d replace them. I’d tell your husband if that’s the case then you guys should pay her the going rate for daycare or babysitting.

3 Likes

Definitely separate but if it was my mower older and used, I wouldn’t want my children to replace it.

Ask your husband how he would react to the situation if it were his own mother. Would he still not think it was a big deal?

.I say Replace all!! She’s there when you need her!! It’s time your husband wakes up and realizes what your mother is doing! She’s saving you guys money! I(I’ve been there and I had my eye glasses broken and by the people I did nanny for and they jumped in right away and paid for them. ) It was his child that ruined the phone. and the lawn mower broke down when he was using it! Sorry where’s his manners!! Replace it!!! He seems very selfish!!

4 Likes

If he feels like he pays her too much maybe he should pay a daycare bill. Because I guarantee you paying her is cheaper than a bill, around here is about 1200$ for a month for 2 kids. I know for my 1 child it was 740 a month and that was me getting a discount because I worked there. And I think y’all should replace it. It’s common decency to replace something that broke that isn’t yours. 

1 Like

Let him pay for real daycare and see if he thinks y’all pay to mich

2 Likes

You can get a new husband but you can’t get a new mama. That’s it.

4 Likes

You’re right. He’s wrong.

2 Likes

Your husband is wrong. I’d replace both.

3 Likes

He should replace both

2 Likes

Replace it! If it wasn’t your mom and it was a friend or company you borrowed that lawn mower you would be liable for the damages and if it was a friends phone you would do the same. So In this case your husband is wrong in this

3 Likes

Your husband is a jerk. Replace both things.

4 Likes

I think ABSOLUTELY replace the phone and fix the mower.

Shame on him :confused: :pensive: put your foot down remember that you only have one mum smdh :unamused:

3 Likes

You’re right. He’s wrong. If he thinks you pay your mom too much. Put her in daycare. That should shut him up. Or just call around and get the day care rates.

2 Likes

Would he feel differently if it wasn’t your mom? Like if this was a daycare and the phone was broken you’d be expected to replace it. End of story. It shouldn’t matter that the hired party is your mom

1 Like

Agree with you or not. If it’s my mommas and we broke it we fixing it. He can get over himself

2 Likes

Show him the price of what a real daycare charges, and tell him he should be so lucky to have her! If someone tears something up while they are using it or your child tears up someone else’s property, it should be fixed or replaced without question… family or not. He’s being a soggy turd… toss him out in the yard!

You’re definitely liable to buy new. He’s disrespectful and it’s really gross.

3 Likes

Replace both of them! It’s only fair. She had no other income so she needs the help. Your husband sounds like he doesn’t care about anything but him

Replace them both and the husband too if he keeps giving you such a hard time.

3 Likes

Definitely on your side in the matter but I would try my best to have an open conversation with your husband about it once you both have calmed down and try to rationalize with him and see if he can see your point of view.

I’d replace the phone at least.

He’s being cheap and rude. Also taking advantage of the fact you guys are getting a good deal.

replace them both and the husband !

1 Like

Sounds like he’s being a douche. I’d get her a new phone & either fix the lawn power or get her a new one :woman_shrugging:t3:

Omg your husband is such a jerk! Of Course YOU SHOULD REPLACE HER BROKEN ITEMS!!! How is this even a question???

Definitely replace both things. Your husband also needs to learn some manners. What a loser :roll_eyes:

They’re separate & your hubs is ungrateful asl.

Let your husband pay the actual full cost of daycare and I’d bet he’d change his tune. Replace the damn mower, he borrowed it . I’m sure there are used ones for sale but he sounds cheap since he had to borrow one to begin with.

Replace all 3 :upside_down_face::relieved::sweat_smile: you’re right ,and he’s being greedy daycare is insanely priced I’m sure your mom saves you guys 100s of dollars

4 Likes

Replace both. And also maybe the husband

3 Likes

He obviously has no idea how blessed he is! I have been a child care provider 30 plus years! I say replace mower and phone immediately!!

4 Likes

If he thinks that then he needs to price childcare for 2 kids and not borrow anything and replace both.

My hubby is always buying things for his mum…she’s his mum…if we can afford it.why not?

2 Likes

Definitely should replace her items… your husband sounds like an asshole. Bet it would be different if it was his mom. Do the right thing and get her stuff fixed and tell him to be grateful that your mom is there to help you and keep paying her to keep the kids. It’s her only source of income.

You’re right! He is wrong her being paid for babysitting has nothing to do with the items that were broken and you should replace them especially the phone. Tell your husband to read this comment section!

3 Likes

Buy them anyway he sounds pretty selfish, show him the prices of daycare, and the stories of how babies, are hurt, killed, or neglected, your are blessed to have your mom be able to watch them. Teach him a lesson and show him the cost.

2 Likes

Replace both ! Love and respect for everyone . Your husband is being unreasonable and lacking some empathy not sure why but he needs to stop being like that towards her , family is all we have .

Replace those items. How would he respond if someone broke sonthing of his and didn’t replace or repair it?

Your husband is a jerk. Yes… new lawnmower and phone

1 Like

He is wrong. Replace them

You are right to replace both. It’s completely separate from child care.

Tell your husband to go price regular daycare sitters and if yous run late how it look at daycare among with grandma plus how much safer it is with grandma

3 Likes

Regardless, shes still your mom. Of course you replace or fix it. Husband has no sense of family.

1 Like

At least get her a new phone. It doesnt even have to be brand new. Just in the same condition hers was. I’d also hire a repair .an to tell me if the mower is fixable. Maybe go in half on a new one or the costs

I’m sure everyone here will loan you some adectives to describe his behavior-- entitled, disrespectfull, even punk ass, but I think unrealistic definitely has a place at the table

I agree with you. Husband being a dick, why would you not do that for someone who helps you out constantly (paid or not)

You have been raised right ! Yes , of course you replace or fix anything broken .

2 Likes

Would he feel the same if it was his moms stuff broken? You’re absolutely correct to replace her things! He is dead wrong.

3 Likes

Ummm yeah if you’re using someone’s property and it stops working while in your possession you’re responsible for replacing it. If your child destroys someone’s property you’re responsible for replacing it…Also if he felt like the lawnmower was a piece of junk why borrow it, it wasn’t a piece of junk as long as it was cutting yalls grass right, riiiiggghhhht. **Your husband is an A-hole