My husband has been mean to me since I lost weight: Advice?

It sounds like you need to speak with a domestic violence advocate from an agency where you live. Also, you might want to speak with child support to see what can happen if you leave. If he is not working it’s not likely you would get much, if any, child support - and heaven knows as the sole income you wouldn’t want to have to pay him. Another option is to write up an agreement that while you’re working he watches the kids (if that’s what you do now)… you drop them off before work and pick them up after work. When my ex and I split up we did this with our son. His father owned his own business and I worked full time outside the home. I drop my son off with his dad on the way to work and pick him up after work every day, then we rotate every other weekend. Just an idea to consider as if you split up a custody/placement order may come into play anyway.

I left with literally no plan moved in with family and picked up there when my mom left her abuser she moved us into a shelter for abused women who helped us find daycare and a place to live far away from him there’s options love please don’t think he has any control over you you can do this its gonna be hard and stressful and you’re gonna spend nights awake crying and asking for answers but I promise you no matter how hard the road gets or lonely you’re not alone we all walk alongside you and your babies will see that which its much better to see momma stressed but carrying on to make ot work then abused my words are kinda blunt and I apologize but I’ve been there I’ve dine it myself and I’ve been the kid in that situation staying gets no where and will never get anywhere you can do this I promise!

If he was nasty to you before too it’s nothing ro do with insecurity the man’s a waste of yours and your kids time, get out before your kids think this is the way they should be treated too. No one has the right to treat anyone this way! Get rid staying for the kids is the worst thing you can do for them and you, hope you get sorted you deserve to be happy :blush:

Check with your local YMCA for summer daycare camp. Typically there’s also assistance financially for childcare! Don’t let that be your barrier. I speak from experience. You already know what you need to do, that voice in your head telling you to leave. There is help out there. Best wishes​:pray::blue_heart:

He just afraid you might not want him anymore…but he is going by it all the wrong way…he might be thinking you want to venture out…but you did the weight lost for self…reassure him that you want him only…even after the weight…you want him

You need to take care of yourself first so you can take care of your precious children. Gain strength and stand up for yourself. Ask yourself if he is the example you want your children to see? You can do anything you put your mind to.

Leave.You made it this far.You can do this on your own.Your kids deserve better too.

Run! Don’t walk. You can get assistance with child care, get child support or let him still watch them. Your children will think it’s ok for their future partner to treat them the same way.

Well, what would you tell your child if they were in a relationship and their spouse was always mean and saying degrading comments to them? You’d probably tell them to leave…there’s your answer. You deserve better than that. We receive the love we accept, don’t accept that kind of love.

Now that you are more confident, he’s scared you will actually leave because he knows he isn’t a good partner.

And child support or apply for state funded childcare. It’s easy-ish to get a single mother. You deserve better. You deserved better before you lost weight.

I can tell you that if you do leave, you can’t predict how it’ll go and what obstacles you will have to overcome. You have no way to know how hard it will be…
But I can promise you when you look back on this decision you will have zero regret. You will never regret doing what’s right for you (I cld live in a gutter and eat rats for food and still not regret leaving my ex lol). So leave that emotionally abusive prick in the dust and live your best life!

1 Like

The housing market is a living night mare making this situation a million times harder but you should apply for some kind of housing assistance their is a waiting list and a long one but do it :ok_hand:t2: second make sure you are making enough to cover bills ect plus put any extra you have into bank account talk to an attorney about divorce

1 Like

Reach out to your community for help with childcare. There are plenty of teens looking for extra money or a start in the working field that I’m sure would be interested. You deserve to be uplifted not pushed down.

Stay for your children, its to hard on your own any more , maybe counseling

Find a way to make money on the side. Try uber eats on your days off, it might not pay much at first but after a while it should kick off. Use that money to pay for childcare and until you can take the kids with you. There is also government assistance for child care you could look into. Not to mention child support but i wouldnt rely on that. If hes not working now he might not be working later you know? And hell my brother in law only works 5 hours a day doing uber eats and and makes 100$ thats 20 an hour. Just make sure you do it in a city and find the hours people order the most in your area

Well, for starters… would counseling even be an option? If so, start there. See if he changes. Does he possibly have any underlying mental issues (ie: bipolar, narcissism, bpd, anxiety, etc) some of those are treatable with medications and you might see a world of difference.

My narcissist soon to be ex husband called me a fat lazy bitch daily even though I ran circles around him. Tossed his ass for the last time 2 years ago lost 45 lbs and he said "Nice…you waited until I was gone to lose weight. " The stress he put on me is what caused the weight gain…who knew? Can’t wait to see him in court in July …he won’t even recognize me. :ok_woman:

Leave him go to a shelter it’s no way to have a life you wont do it for yourself do it for your kids

Im not sure all the rules and laws but make sure he cant get alimony from you. I think all he has to say ia he stayed out of the workforce to take care of the home

What’s your question again? You birthed multiple children while you’ve work and your husband sits at home and does nothing.

Leave. You can do it. And even if you think you can’t. You can. Just jump.

1 Like

I agree with everyone else. Man, ditch that a-hole. Who f-ing cares what he thinks. Get a lawyer. Get some help with childcare. Through the state whatever. Change is scary.

Divorce him- chances are a judge will make him pay 50/50 for childcare! My ex husband pays half! And half of all their sports/activities.

He would need to get a job so he can pay child support if he were my husband.

Talk to an attorney first. Your ex may be able to finagle spousal support if you leave him. Not meant as a deterrent, please understand, but you need to be aware of all possible outcomes so you can make informed decisions for you and your children.

Good luck :purple_heart:

He so afraid that your going to leave him because your more beautiful now and love yourself and getting looks and outside attention he’s being negative trying to break you and when you talk someone negative things over and over they are start to believe it

How much does he weigh? That’s the rest of the weight you should drop :face_with_hand_over_mouth::heart:

1 Like

Can I message you? I’m looking at having the sleeve in November hopefully and I have some questions

Leave him chick Ul be better off and we’ll if he isn’t working then he can take care of the kids while u are it’s called co parenting

You’re stronger than you think. You’re already doing everything. Why keep him around.

Better beginnings, family connections or whatever your state paid childcare is called. Not sure the ages of kids but early head start 0-3 is paid by the state. I only had to pay $110 a month per kid.

How was he prior and now.
And how did you feel then and now. If you aren’t able to speak your truth and him as well and come up with a solution. Seek other advice outside of this forum. And if it still doesn’t work. Start mentally preparing for the waves ahead. Either will sink or swim together.

Side note. Anything that makes you smile, laugh and feel secure. Keep flourishing. Even if you have to water yourself :heart:

There should be something like the Best Beginnings program, where you are, that assists with paying for childcare

Leave. Only difference not having him around would make would be no verbal abuse.

Narcissist…he is worries he won’t have control of you anymore by manipulating with comments. You worked hard and deserve to be happy! My best friend just went through this and it was nasty at first because he lost his control. But push through…you’re worth so much more :heart:

1 Like

Heart goes out to you! Meet other moms get you support from other moms you be surprised how they can help you by word of mouth. Then when you feel you have your bases covered kick his ass out!

1 Like

I would get rid of him. You should not have to work and do everything around the house he sounds like a bum

Not to be mean but if he isnt working and you have always worked you could end up having to pay him child support.

Does he not watch the kids now?

Child support snd throw the men away he doesn’t deserve you at your best

File for childcare on the dhhs website or if you call local daycares that accept assistance, just get their information and give it to your dhs worker if you have one. That is what I did and had assistance within 1-2 weeks! I live in Michigan btw.

He will still be responsible for y’all’s children either financially or physically weather you’re with him or not. If you leave you’re free of all the burden of him though. Just leave him. Everything else will fall into place believe me.

You don’t stay because your afraid of child care expenses !! Put your self first! File for support your married he’d have to pay spousal support too

Don’t leave put his ass out! Get child support his ass will get a job or end up in jail. And his kids so he can still watch them while you work.

You’re teaching your babies how a man/woman should treat them. Do you want that for them? There’s your answer

You find jobs that you can take the kids to until they are grown

Get rid of him. There are low cost child care depending on your income

If you filed a tax return in July they are sending out monthly payments of 250 for kids over 5 and 300 for kids under 5

Look into a income based child care. Around here it’s called head start but may be different around you.

So you’re single and have a jackass freeloader roommate? If you are the only one working and keeping house, Wtf is he doing?

Ignore the bad advice to divorce. Instead consider Christian counseling. Christ heals. I am a sinner and have many shortcomings in my relationships. Only saved by grace though faith in Christ! What do you have to lose?

Find a remote position - you’ll adapt - I left a similar situation where I felt trapped … WORTH IT

Suck it up and take care of the kids. That’s not a reason to stay with someone.

Get out, you and your kids will never look back. Find someone who loves you for you, but learn to love yourself first. Trust me it’s so worth it :heartpulse:

1 Like

Shed some more weight and drop him. Hes treating you like that cause HE KNOWS you can do better.

1 Like

LEAVE SIS!!! :speaking_head::speaking_head: Take out child support to pay for your daycare! As moms we always find a way even when there isn’t one! You can do it! :heart:

Sounds like he’s really the WEIGHT you need to lose!!!:love_you_gesture:t3::love_you_gesture:t3:

Use child support for childcare, maybe? :woman_shrugging:
Hope everything works out :heart:

2 Likes

Continue being amazing and find yourself someone worthy.

Seek saline for you and your husband

The sooner you leave, the sooner you will actually be happy. Your kids know the difference

1 Like

Leave girl, you will figure it out, I know you will!! You deserve so much better!!!

Lose him and drop an extra 200+ pounds girlfriend!!

Apply for assistance like u are single then when u get it run… run like the wind…run

1 Like

Sounds like you’re doing it all by yourself anyways…

Life is too short for all that🤷🏼‍♀️

The judge will order we him to help with child care.

Leave and apply for daycare assistance :heart:

1 Like

You deserve better get out while you can and start over you got this!!!:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

Sounds like he needs you more than you need him🤷🏼‍♀️

Apply for daycare assistance without him part of the household, and tell him to leave when approved.

Lose more weight meaning him if he keeps it up

Sounds like he needs to go!!

1 Like

Just keep being happy and improving.
You’ll want ppl to be happy for you and supportive
You’ll realise if his capable or not

Get subsidized day care and leave his ass. You and the kids deserve better.

see if you qualify for help with daycare by the state

Remember your teaching your children his behaviour i

who’s going to protect you!! you gotta protect you.

You can get help with childcare through the state. Don’t stay just because of the kids. Your teaching them it’s okay to treat a women like that.

2 Likes

Took 2 to make em. Gonna take 2 to raise em.

Dump him to the curb. You’ve been doing alone already.

1 Like

You can do better - leave him

Have a chat first. No changes… leave… you can do it mama!

Throw the whole man away :wastebasket:

10 Likes

Well first go about seeing if your state offers childcare assistance! (Most do) APPLY FOR IT! If not start looking ahead for future see if the daycare may offer a discount because you have so many children😌 Start giving him a taste of his own medicine

1 Like

File for child support ASAP

I’d you’re gonna be alone you might as well be by yourself. Girl just do it. It’s hard af, but you’ll make it. You’re a woman, which means you’re more than capable of making the impossible possible.

1 Like

Get rid of the freeloader and bang him for enough child support to cover child care.

I know a lot of people are afraid of getting CYFD involved, but they helped me so much with paying most of my child care. I’m a single mom of four kids. I couldn’t do it without their help. Try to reach out and just ask some questions about child care. They are there to help families in need. This way you can at least have the comfort of knowing that you’ll be ok to leave and take care of your babies on your own. That’s the only advice I could give. I hope it helps.

Emotional abuse is a real thing. Don’t allow him to abuse you. Leave him and make a better life for yourself. He put you down before weight loss and is continuing so he won’t change :frowning: keep yourself safe mama

You can prob get few childcare when you are alone through state programs. And aid. Just go to daycares and ask. Better to be alone and happy with kids then get depressed dealing with that. Trust me I’ve been there. Move on to someone who will love you and treat you as equal.

Sounds like you need to find a new man. And you dont have to take the childcare all on yourself. This is 2021 men can raise kids on their own too. Altho doesnt sound like hes much into that. But child support would help a bit for childcare. Or you could work out parenting plan and try and work around that a little bit. Idk you should really bring all this up to him and talk it out like 2 adults and see where u wanna go from there. The internet cant make all your life decisions for you.

Get out. Get out now. You will figure out how to balance work and child care because you are a strong momma. You do not need his negative ass.

Run girl! You will find a way to make it. That is unhealthy for you and your kids. Get out! Not worth staying in that!

First of all well done you for getting yourself on a healthy journey . Secondly your husband should be your number one support !! He should be proud of you and encourage you. I can only think that perhaps he is jealous because you are looking and feeling good and he’s stuck in his ways . He is probably worried you are going to get attention elsewhere. Childcare can be expensive however alot of centres will work with you , and there may be some assistance available to you. Best of luck on your new journey to happiness

He knows he hasn’t treated you right and rather than being a better partner, he’s just trying to tear you down so you don’t leave. Which means it’s time to leave. It will be a struggle. Not gonna lie. But it’s going to be 100% worth it when your kids have a happy mom and a happy home.

Sounds like he is jealous of you . i say look into the state for childcare help or reach out to family because nobody should have to go thru this

Leave! Don’t look back!

He is afraid he will lose you now. He sees how hot you are now an makes him wonder. Just saying… Good for you also. You should be very proud !

1 Like

Do yourself a favor. Just go! You won’t regret it.

That’s why they have you see a psychiatrist pre surgery…People think …That we are just a bunch of fat people who took the easy way out…They have no idea what psychosocial changes we go thru, with our friends, family and loved ones…One feels one hundred present better and we now buy cute clothing and eat right We’re healthy!!.Our husbands develop trust issues, men who were friendly before, now make inappropriate comments…We no longer eat when depressed, but eating isn’t always easy either…To much bread, Carbonated drinks, Meats, veggies…Not all of it is tolerated and it takes months to figure it all out…Going to a Restaurant is a waste in the begining, three quarters of the meal doesn’t get eaten…gets better as time goes on…Back to your Husband…Give him some time…All tho, He doesn’t sound like a nice guy…Mine left, But I do know couples who are proud as hell of their Spouse…So, who knows…
By the way Congratulations on doing this procedure…Doing what is good for you, giving you back the enthusiasm and energy for life…

You are working? Is it possible to put aside money for necessities when you kick him out? That’s what I did. Took me over a year to save but with 4 kids I did it. Saved for deposit for new place in a new city. Wasn’t easy but if you can plan it out, it will help. Best wishes.