My husband is a good father but has anger issues: Advice?

Good dads do not bully their childrens’ mom.

1 Like

They will treat you this way as long as you allow it. Stop allowing it. Walk outta the room. Put your hand up and calmly say, you are not allowed to disrespect me anymore. If he continues, leave. Find a way. Get out.

Find a counselor, they will get you in touch with services that can help.

DO NOT GOOGLE ANYTHING!!! Everything you look up he can find out. There’s a site called duck duck go. Use that instead

Please call any local church close to your residence. Tell them your situation and see how they can help. Please reach out and I can help as much as I can. Stay safe mama and keep your kiddos closer … You may want to start gathering your important documents along with your kids. Birth certificates, passports etc. :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

I left the father of my kids for this. Had to rebuild my life from the ashes but its better than walking on eggshells.

He like that since I married him? Seriously? U know at the first place he is like that then why marry him? Girls the sign was already there but most of us we ignored those redflags from the person😣

1 Like

There are woman’s shelters and domestic violence centers that can help you get on your feet.

I’m so sorry there are places that take I’m abused women help then get on there feet you should never have to feel trapped with no place to go . Do you have place the called nest there or there are places that can help you . What city are you in ?

1 Like

My dad was the same… not worth putting your children through that.

Your kids are learning and behavior. This is unacceptable. You need to tell him to get help or you will leave. You certainly don’t want your kids without a father but this cannot go on

There are woman shelters that take in women and children and help u rebuild ur life

Get out!!! It will never change! He will have to pay maintenance for you to live until divorce final.

You can get your diplomas from another country accredited. Depending on what on that you can go ahead and apply for jobs or find a college. There are grants for green card holders out there.

So many women are going or have gone through domestic violence… it makes me so sad

1 Like

Counseling? Work on a budget so he can take Sunday or 2 days off to rest? If its really th severe as and you want to leave look for a womens organization for help.

and one day it will be violent find some resources just make a phone call to no emergency and ask for research even if you don’t want to tell them your name tell them your asking for someone else but I :pray: for you and your kids that you find away :pray::love_letter:

Maybe you can find a mom that’s local and maybe you guys can figure out some thing to get you to a shelter

1 Like

Getting a job would help both of you …let him stay home with the kids part of the time. Then you would both see the other ones side

There are plenty of services out there to help you and your kids get out of an abusive situation. And alimony.

Get therapy and if that doesn’t work or he’s not willing grab your kids and leave.

1 Like

Look where you live and see if they have a shelter for abused women and children. Places like that can help you get a place to live and a job.

So he is hardly around,start preparing urself and educate urself how to survive on ur own in future if it get unbearable

If he loved his kids they wouldn’t be growing up in such a toxic environment

Im so sorry I went through that I left mine when my girls were 5 and 7 he stop during drugs and counciling we got back together he died 6 months later

Go to a domestic violence shelter for women and children. They will help you get on your feet. I had to go with my 2 kids. It’s not bad.

You are in the USA honey…and hopefully in Jersey. Lawyer

1 Like

Do you have a daughter? Ask him if he wants her to allow a man to treat her that way.

1 Like

You have to make the first move, no one can do it for you, I know someone like that and their still together, 28 yrs now .

1 Like

A good father doesn’t abuse their children’s mother. This man sounds like a narc. And he will get worse

Sounds like he has intermittent explosive disorder. Speak with him about the possibility of seeing a doctor.

I would look into a domestic violence shelter. Once there they will give you all the support you need.

2 Likes

He’s abusive period and your kids are watching it.

1 Like

Get a job or maybe work from home sounds like hubby needs a break

1 Like

I was married to a man like this for 8 years. This is emotional and mental abuse!! Please get away!!

when he is gone to work call police ask them to take you an kids o women an kids to shelter

This is domestic abuse seek help, there are groups that will help you.

I recorded an incident once and showed him when he sobered up. Helped for a little while. Be careful doing this though especially if hes physical, as it might make him angry… if that’s the case make a plan to get out. Best wishes.

Run! You can go to a shelter and they can put you in touch with services b

Love yourself first in order to follows other concern prove to your husband that your not only a mother n wife but a friend or somebody to respect to it doesn’t matter if your a degree holder or not make the best by ypurself too

Try to find a job… Get yourself independence from him. Many single parents get through with a McDonald’s job. Be strong for your kids they don’t deserve that type of abuse. And neither do you. I am a foreigner as well. I have 2 degrees from my homecountry that worth nothing here. But in order to keep myself sane and not depending on my husband I worked cleaning houses, gas station cashier, host at restaurant, nanny.

1 Like

she’s saying she has nowhere to go, no help no friends AND no family. she’s looking for tips on what to do. my advice is contact local police for a list of shelters for women with children! they will help you get on your feet! most i know of here in Mn are also confidential, my prayers with you

1 Like

Go to a shelter. He teaching your children how to treat other women. There usually 1800 numbers for batter women. Yes you being batter. A good person can be ugly. Why have two jobs. Can yall cut expenses back so he can work only one job. If he no being selfish he over worked. Sounds like he need more family time. If he not willing to work it out leave it will get worse.

There are women’s shelters if u told him u can’t do it anymore and he thought u were gonna leave he may change his tune sometimes they do… Sometimes not… But it’s worth a shot

Is there any womans shelters where you live? We have a place here called Every Womans Place. They are wonderful

Talk to him and yes you can do what ever you want … keep your kids before everything his yelling at you will effects kids behavior they are gonna do the same…

You’re from another country, but where you’re living, is there a community there of people from your country that you can get to know? Like say you’re from Germany… Like here in Vegas we have German clubs and such. So try to look into that.

Being mean, rude and just nasty and treating you and his kids like garbage is not okay. He’s like a bully and probably clearly understands you don’t have a support system.

Sounds like he expects you to stay home, cook, clean, take care of kids and that’s it. I’d look and see if you have a community there of people from your country.

Not an excuse but working 2 jobs , 7 days a week would effect anyone. Maybe discuss him cutting his work hours and you getting a part time job ?

There’s help just look for it verbal abuse is just as bad as physical abuse

How can he be a good dad if he disrespects their mother like he does ???what is he teaching your kids ???

First of all how can a grown up not control yourself.

Get out. Eventually he will become physically aggressive. Call a womens shelter. They will help you.

Head. Lots of head giving. He might not be so angry afterwords. Js

Go to a ywca or call social services. It’s abuse.

There’s help out there. Find and leave. Don’t wait the the abuse that will follow.

Have you tried counseling?

He sounds Bosnian lol. Joke. Sounds like he needs anger management.

Time.to.leave.
Find a women’s shelter ASAP

Contact your local authorities, they may can help direct you to a secure women’s and children’s shelter

3 Likes

GET OUT NOW!!! BEST DECISION I’VE EVER MADE!!! The longer you stay, it WILL/COULD have long term affects on your children, will be prayin for you and those babies

You just better yourself. Work on you. Once he believes you can leave him, the respect will follow.

Never devote and love a mentally sick person, go away, find shelter. You deserved a happy life.

Go to an agency for help like a local victim services .

2 Likes

Talk to your doctor, religious leader, etc., for an organization that can provide assistance for you and your children to leave your situation. My heart aches for you.

Try to join a church. You will find support, love, and acceptance!

1 Like

I’m no expert, but if he’s working practically 24/7, he very well could be burnt out and exhausted, physically and mentally. I’ve been on both sides of the coin and can honestly say: when I’m the one working myself to death 24/7 to support the entire household, I definitely expect more from the person at home - including a decent meal at the end of the day, along with a neat home. It sounds like you’ve put A LOT of thought into packing everyone’s bags and leaving. You should put just as much thought into how you might be able to save your marriage. To be honest, it sounds like you’re ungrateful and not pulling your weight.

5 Likes

U are being verbally abused. Find a job, an apartment then take kids

1 Like

I’m sorry. This is sad. Seek help counseling. Get away run away.

United Way 211- they can help you wherever you are-

He needs to see a doctor he needs meds watch it all my life as a child

He is stressed down…he needs to see a counselor

Let ur doctor know they should have resources

1 Like

I also have a family member who does this to wife!

If he’s treating you that way, he is not a great father.

Women’s shelter! Abuse to the fullest

2 Likes

Run to the nearest woman’s shelter.

1 Like

Find a shelter for abused women. Go there.

1 Like

He works 7 days a week, that’s part of his problem

1 Like

Abuse. If he refuses to get help I would run for the hills

Leave what you see is what you get. You deserve to be treated kindly.

He’s not a good father.

There are woman advocates to help you​:blush::blush:

Very sad situation, try to find a way to leave🙏🏻

Take your babies and run!!! NEVER look back!

He needs to take anger management classes.

Reach out to a womens shelter and they will guide you.

Find a women’s shelter and get out!!!

1 Like

Do you have a church near you? If you have a church family please speak with your pastor.

Get out find a job now and save for your own place

If you don’t have your citizenship become an American citizen first and then leave him.

Sorry, but you need to leave. He’s toxic.

There are shelters that can help you

Get you a good cast iron skillet honey

Wow dump him now,think about your poor kids having to grow up listening to this.

Find resources for victims of domestic abuse in your area.

find a women’s shelter. they can help you get on your feet

Women’s shelter with your kids they will help you

Go. Go now and don’t look back. Take your kids and find a shelter.

Go to your local woman’s shelter!!!

He’s got to sleep sometime!