My Husband Is Mad I Don't Want My Mother-in-Law in the Delivery Room When I Give Birth: Advice?

Stock to your gins !

Sounds like you just want your family there. Why don’t you let mother in law there and not have your sister in there. Why is your mother there but your husband mother isn’t
Sorry but I can understand why hubby is upset. I saw 5 of my grandchildren being born

1 Like

I was only allowed 1 person he should be grateful he is even in there bc I almost had to do it alone!

If he’s like this now he’s gonna be a nightmare when the baby comes. Put your foot down and tell him this is yours and his baby and that he needs to start respecting your wishes now. You don’t have to have anyone there you don’t want. It’s his baby too but it’s your labor x

2 Likes

Why not just have you and your husband there.no one else and problem solved.its not an entertainment show,your husband should be enough support

3 Likes

Sheesh were do you live that they are allowing 3 people doing this pandemic. If this is creating a problem then it should only be the 2 of you problem solved.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want anyones mother but my own in a room where i will be exposed. Don’t feel bad, that time you will uncomfortable enough! You don’t need anything else putting you in anymore of a mood than your already gonna be in .

2 Likes

Crikey… it’s up to mum who is in the room when she gives birth! Why is that even a question?! Would dad want to get his kit out in front of his mother in law?! Wait outside and see baby when mum is ready for Pete’s sake!

5 Likes

It’s not a time for grandparents period it is a time to have those around you that make you feel safest and secure. X

3 Likes

He’s not the one with his business out! Plain and simple :woman_shrugging:t4:. Your business is out in the open so your choice who gets to be around for that. I couldn’t imagine thinking about how uncomfortable I am with my mother in law in the room while I was giving birth. Noooo thank you!

4 Likes

Ew. No way. They are usually self righteous bitches anyways!

Give him the option to have it be his mother instead of him and see what he says (just a scare tactic) if he wants her there that bad. End of the day your body your choice you don’t see him pushing a baby out in the same room as your dad.

It’s his baby too … I think ur 100 percent wrong and both grandmothers should be there or none. This could actually change ur relationship with her.

1 Like

Tell the doctor or the hospital when your hubby is not around that you do not want anyone else in the room. Tell the nurses to tell them it’s due to covid protocols

1 Like

Your body, your moment, your choice. Giving birth is not only a very special, but it’s not easy either, you will feel nervous, vulnerable and more. Absolutely would not have anyone there that wasn’t your choice. Hubby is not the one going through the pain barrier and bearing all.

2 Likes

Not have anyone in the room other then your husband.

2 Likes

Say you can’t choose and you want this to be intimately between you and him

They can wait in the waiting room until you are done. This way you will be more relaxed.

Leave them all at home I would

1 Like

With this pandemic how are you allowed three people in the delivery room? Even without the pandemic it’s who you feel comfortable with while you’re at your most vulnerable. Try explaining it to him,like he’s a child, that you’re going to be laying there with your legs spread open, in pain, and completely uncomfortable that you don’t want anyone seeing you like that except those you completely trust.

That’s a private moment when you are at your most vulnerable… that is not his choice. You are the one giving birth, not him. Ask him if he would like to lay in the hospital bed for hours at his most vulnerable time with his legs open wide and his junk out and if he would feel comfortable… :woman_facepalming:t2:

Also being in a hospital room ISNT a right… it’s a privilege.

I didn’t want anyone with me. In your case I would say you and husband only. Not having his Mom but you have yours will cause issues.

1 Like

I had my mum and hubby. There was never a time that I thought about having my mother in law there and hubby respected it was my choice.
It’s YOUR body, YOUR birth plan and if someone has a problem with please speak up!
Good luck Mumma :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Just have it as yourself and your husband. Don’t play favourites with the grandparents

1 Like

Do what you want it’s your birth. I’d rather have a caring doula then people who supposedly love me arguing over who should and shouldn’t be there !!!

I am always fascinated by this as in my country, only one birth partner is allowed and that is commonly the father. Of course in same sex relationships, it would be the partner. People opt for their sisters, mothers or friends but i cannot understand why there needs to be more than one person there…it’s not an insult. I am just curious why three are allowed.

You’re the one giving birth it’s your body, your choice. Tell him to get over it and support you or he can stay out of the delivery room too! You don’t need to be stressed right now. Stand up for yourself

1 Like

It’s your body being exposed. Your decision who sees it.

2 Likes

If she can’t respect your decisions, then she’s a trash mother in law. :woman_shrugging:t3: It was only me and my husband in the room by choice; I wanted to be that vulnerable for only my husband and that’s it. And my mom is close to me. She and my MIL understood.

2 Likes

I’ve seen it said before and think it’s brilliant- when your Husband is comfortable with your Mom watching him get a prostate exam, then maybe you guys can talk about MIL watching you deliver a baby :joy::joy::joy:

It may be his baby and her grandbaby, but it’s your mind that has to make it through hours of labor and your body on display, doing alllllllll of the work. This isn’t a spectator sport and anyone who views it that way clearly needs a reality check.

I was young with my first 2 and that was a discussion my Husband and I had. My family lived across the country, so I said my stepMIL could be there because she was a calm, quiet presence, but no way was my MIL welcome. She’s a flake and would’ve made it all about her. I ended up with a csection with both, so it didn’t end up mattering.

Had my younger 2 at home with a midwife in a completely different state from either family, just my Husband and older children present. Birth is a biological function, not a medical one and things like unwelcome visitors can inhibit Mom from progressing, which can actually lead to issues with birth. It’s all about you and baby. No one else :heart:

4 Likes

Only 3… We’re allowed one and I’m glad for that, no need for a full audience to see my vag shredded like that :grimacing:

Your decision he needs to respect that

Show him this thread, he needs to see it from a woman’s point of view, you need to feel as mentally comfortable as possible. It’s not really about anyone else but yours and the baby’s wellbeing. Good luck and love to you xxxx

1 Like

I don’t know where you are, but here because of Covid you can’t have anyone but your husband with you. If you’re unsure, check with your doctor. There’s no sense fighting about something that may not even be possible.

2 Likes

Tbh this is why my husband and I decided it was just the 2 of us and honestly it was the best decision ever! Sharing that moment with just him was the best. We got to spend the time with our child before any one else, so maybe reconsider having the extra people?

Can the mother’s and sister wait outside the room and just be you and your husband…? Here you only allowed one person with you…then that way there’s no favoritism…just be happy it’s just you and hubby…

1 Like

Don’t make a big deal out of it…just enjoy giving birth with just you and hubby…others can wait outside…if you both argue over mother’s and sisters it’s not going to be special for you and probably put you off next time you have another baby…just enjoy your time with baby and hubby …special time for you both…others can wait til after birth…

Hon this is your big day you have who you want in that room that makes you feel good .she will see the baby soon after its all good

1 Like

I had my ex mother sister my mother and bf. His mother and sister were ask to leave but never listened I was in the middle of pushing. I was pissed off

My husband was the only one allowed in the room. I can see where he’s coming from with the grandparent thing but at the same time I’d choose my husband to be there over anyone else including my own mother. Me personally they get to bond a spoil baby later, that type of experience is something I feel you and your husband should go through alone but together. Plus it’s YOUR LABOR not there’s. If you’re not comfortable then it’s just going to make things harder on you then it already will be.

1 Like

Honesty it’s your body your choice. In 2019 I gave birth to our first child and I only wanted my husband and my mother with me. They were both great support people and when my husband or mom needed rest they both took turns helping me.I never regretted my decision . My husband understood my decision and was happy that I had my mom with us in the delivery room.

Tell him to get over it, it’s not happening. Period. You do not need any distractions while your bringing a life into this world.

You’re body, your choice chick! I only had my hubby in the room with me, my mother and mother in law waited in the waiting room!

With Covid still around your husband is all that’s aloud in the room. 1 person only.

4 Likes

Be stubborn about your choice, she can wait in the waiting room or come afterwards.

2 Likes

Be completely honest and confident with your answer. Say she can be in the waiting room and meet the little one when they arrive. But you want your mom because A. She gave birth to you and is your mom. Your sister because of whichever reason and him because well obvious reasons.

2 Likes

It’s your body, maybe you should.only have your mom.and sister

3 Likes

It’s for your comfort and only yours not his!

4 Likes

You get to choose who sees your vagina. End of story lol.

13 Likes

I mean if your mom is going to be in the room I feel like it’s only fair if his mom gets to be in the room to. But of course it’s your choice it’s just only fair.

1 Like

That’s YOUR decision she’ll get over it! It’s not his vagina it’s yours. That’s not your mother big difference. He will get over it too! He should respect your privacy and decisions

2 Likes

Stand your ground!!! Hell no would I have wanted mine in. Ask him would he be comfortable squeezing a baby out the end of his bits infront of your mother. X

3 Likes

I would be honest and explain that you need to feel totally comfortable at birth and all chance of modesty is out the window not to offend but your lady family is what you need.

Despite the fact it’s your body and your comfort level. I can see why he’s mad. You have two of your personal family members in there. It’s his moms grandkid too. This is a special day for her just as much as your mom. And he probably feels like he has no say or his own support. He may not be the one pushing that baby out but he is the father and has plenty of stress of his own. He needs support too. You could just have your sister in there and both moms wait outside until baby is born.

1 Like

I guess she’ll see the baby when it’s born, no need to stare at your holes. You are a human being and they need to show respect and privacy.
P. S Was she present in room while the baby was made? just asking :joy:

5 Likes

This isn’t about her, it’s about you and your baby and if you’re uncomfortable having her there then don’t. Ask your husband how he would feel if your father came to his prostate check?

7 Likes

I only let my hubby in the room :woman_shrugging:

And it’s your decision anyways—not his.

3 Likes

Since when can you have 3 people I just had a baby and could only have one person they had to get a bracelet and wasn’t allowed any other visitors so I had to do it alone?? What state is this in ?

Tell your husband to go F himself. Labor is no easy task, it should be your way.

3 Likes

The same situation happened to me… I just told everyone that I only wanted my husband there, and if I was going to have anyone else in the room, it would be my own mom.

I let mine in for my first born and it was so freaking stressful it ruined it for anyone to come in other then my husband now.

Not his vagina not his choice.

7 Likes

You are the patient. Your comfort is what matters.

5 Likes

I had my mom and husband in the room thats all I wanted. I didn’t need his mom in there. I had who I needed/wanted in there with me.

2 Likes

I didn’t allow anyone except the baby’s father
Its YOUR choice

2 Likes

Considering hospital rules are different now due to covid you’ll probably only be allowed to have your husband in there anyways. Should probably look into that first before getting into a fight that is irrelevant anyways at the moment.

2 Likes

Tell him as soon as he lays on a table naked and presents his junk to your family, then he can make a decision! But in all honesty, I completely understand your side and you need to do what’s best for you and the child in that moment. Your emotions reflect on the child and you want to be comfortable.

2 Likes

Your vagina, your choice

3 Likes

Have the nurse be the bad guy. That’s what I did. Speak to your nurse separately and tell her who you want and don’t want in the room and she will make it happen

7 Likes

Tell the nurses when you get there you don’t want her. They can make up some kind of excuse to have her leave, and stay out.

Are they letting more than one person in?

They hospital probably won’t allow anyone in but your husband, but to be on the safe side, speak in confidence with your doctor. I’m certain he or she will take care of the problem. Also tell the doctor to not let even your husband know that you’ve spoken to him/her about this. It will then happen your way. Good luck with your new baby!

1 Like

You are supposed to be calm and relaxed as possible not tense and awkward. Tell him you don’t want that day to be remembered like that and if he forces this on you that is probably all you will remember!

1 Like

Omg no. I would not be comfortable with that either. My mom was in there but not my mother in law. My in-laws were really good and waited til we got home cause they knew we’d be overwhelmed with visitors already. I was kind of pissed about it at first but after baby was born I was so glad to not have more people showing up

2 Likes

Tell him that she would have to take his place and see what he says. You deserve a family member for support as you are giving birth.

3 Likes

Do what makes you the most comfortable!! The day you give birth to your baby you want nothing but support, love, and good vibes!

2 Likes

Tell him when he’s the one giving birth he can decide who gets to be in the room. With covid it’s unlikely anyway.

2 Likes

Stand firm. Unless he’s the one giving birth you decide your support team.

1 Like

You’re the one in labor you decide. You need to be as comfortable as possible If youre not comfortable then tell the nurses.

1 Like

That might change by the time you deliver, many places only allow 1 person and it has to be the same person

1 Like

Ask him if he would be comfortable with you father & mother watch him piss out kidneys stone, & then timesxx it by 100​:joy::joy: he will get over it.

1 Like

You might not have to do anything. Covid might take care of that for you

It is absolutely your decision!

1 Like

Tell him the only people allowed in that room have already seen your birthday suit :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

You might wanna double check my daughter just gave birth and bc if Covid she was allowed only one and that person couldn’t leave the whole stay

2 Likes

Do what is comfortable for you!!! You are going to be the one in pain and have to deliver this baby! And trust me, your L&D nurse will be more then happy to be the bad guy for you and kick out any uninvited people (my nurse made sure to tell me she was more then willing to do that)! Also just be prepared that things could change in 2 months time with Covid and you could only be allowed to have one support with you

1 Like

Tell him to shut up and sit down. Its your choice, your support team. Who is gonna be there making you comfortable and relaxed. Tell him when he is the one pushing a human out his privates then he can decide who is in there until then shut the fuck up or tell him he aint gonna be in the room either. Bet that will shut his ass up real quick

2 Likes

I had a similar situation and almost decided not to have my mom in the room because of it but at the last second told my boyfriend to get my mom, it’s your choice I don’t have a good relationship with my boyfriends mom so why put yourself through that? At the end of the day it’s about you and you feeling comfortable bringing a new life into the world!

3 Likes

Tell him that. Dont bullshit it. I agree it’s your decision but Imma be honest with you once you start pushing youre not gonna care whos there youre just going to want the baby out.

I’m due in 3 weeks and you can’t even have her in the room in most places anyway so :woman_shrugging:t3:

Wouldn’t even give it a second thought. You can only have 1 support person in the room.

Why not just have your husband only? That’s what I would do. :woman_shrugging:t2: it should be a special time for the two of you, not everyone else. Just my opinion.

1 Like

It’s up to you! Or you could always have her there and tell her to stand at the head if the bed only lol. Had a party in my room during birth and all the guys stood at the head is the bed so they didn’t see anything going on lol

I say if you having your mother there why cant he? Isn’t it his child too? Or is your family only the important people? Why can’t he have someone as important to him there in this special moment? I think if 3 people are allowed its more intended to not have this issue of having to choose which grandma is allowed so it could be equally fair. I don’t think they came up with that number for sisters and aunts to be in there unless thats all you have.

3 Likes

only have your husband in there during delivery :woman_shrugging:are they really letting someone other than your husband in with COVID? Here one 1 person is allowed at the hospital at all, no waiting unless you are in the parking lot.

2 Likes

Blame it on the virus.

1 Like

Tell your hubby to get over it!

2 Likes

Your choice. You have to be comfortable.

2 Likes

Its COVID TAKING OVER YOUR ONLY ALOUD 1 PERSON IN THE DELIVERY ROOM AN THAT 1 PERSON HAS TO STAY WITH YOU WHILE YOUR IN THE HOSPITAL IF THEY LEAVE THEY CAN NOT COME BACK

Why have anyone but your husband. It is a very intimate special moment. Solve the problem , don’t ask anyone in.

2 Likes