My husband is mad that I sold his xbox: Advice?

Yes you were in the wrong. You could’ve at least hid it. I personally game because I love it and it relieves my stress. My husband games more than I do and yes it has interfered with his obligations to the home and even our marriage. But we talk about it and yes sometimes it becomes an argument, at least changes are made due to compromises being made.

You had no right to sell his Xbox. Some games are not stored on a cloud and yes he can lose all that progress which is frustrating. Replace it but talk to him first.

2 Likes

These comments are not passing the vibe check… :face_vomiting: if you choose to enter marriage and have kids BE PRESENT. you don’t get to shut out everything and everyone to play games all the time. A lot of you all should never enter relationships or be parents. How selfish. Get your priorities straight.

1 Like

You’re wrong for that for sure. That was HIS. he shouldn’t be playing video games all damn day and night either though and he should grow up and take care of his children. So he’s wrong too.

Totally wrong. You should talk to him first, If he refuses to change leave him, but you had no right to sell his property!

4 Likes

YES!! Want him to sell your stuff??

1 Like

You coulda bought a second controller and played with him. Or better yet, hid his controller so he had to pay attention to you .

2 Likes

I mean. You’d rather your man play xbox than your heart, like play xbox is way better than going out w friends or clubbing

Petty me: take that money and serve him divorce papers with it.

Buttttt I’ve matured and I’m not that person anymore: sounds like both of you are toxic to each other. Yes, you’re wrong for selling his Xbox. Yes, he’s wrong for not contributing to the household, helping with the kids, and being the husband he needs to be. Communication is key in a relationship and it seems both of you need to sit down and talk it all out or marriage counseling.

Gaming can be a serious addiction and maybe he hasn’t realized just how addicted he is with it.

Give him an ultimatum: it’s either the gaming or the marriage. Either he can game and still contribute to the family and be a husband or choose strictly gaming and throw it all away.

Two wrong don’t make a right. I’d be mad as hell if my husband sold my Xbox without my permission or anything else for that matter. I’m assuming you’ve talked to him about it? If you have and he’s not willing to change then it’s time to figure out if it’s a deal breaker or something you can live with. Good luck.

1 Like

Absolutely, you are 100% in the wrong. You are lucky if he doesn’t leave you. Completely disrespectful. Wow…

2 Likes

If you had already talked to him about it and he changed nothing at all, you should’ve just let him be and you should’ve found something to replace him also :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

You were wrong. The problem was never the x box. There are underlying issues…

2 Likes

Yeah stealing his stuff and selling it behind his back is a dick move. I’d leave you too

Replace it…he can get your for theft for selling it…I know it happened. Then leave his ass…he wants his game, then he can have it.

Definitely wrong to sell it. It won’t change his ways. If anything it just made it more difficult. This is something that should be a conversation and IF you want to take the game just hide it or put it in storage. Those are expensive and it too far.

2 Likes

He could always sell your thing, so get his console back. You were 100% in the wrong.

2 Likes

It okay if they play. It not okay to not meet everyone else needs! My husband play, it when he can but he can put a game down to feed kids, etc. Lol
What you did was wrong, should of hide the cords from him. But yall need to sit down and talk about this. Y’all need to figure out a level you guys can agree on.

I kinda love the pettiness :rofl::rofl::rofl: but tbh that sounds like just a toxic relationship on both ends.

5 Likes

No. He should know family is irreplaceable. And materialistic things are. So he should apologize to YOU for not putting in his oart as a parent. I get after my man for being on the Xbox. But even if he’s on it. He does put attention to our child. He has changed some ways . But only when I’m at work. When I’m home I take care of our son. Cuz I know what he wants. But since he is now 1. He surrounded by toys. He’ll fuss when he’s hungry. Witch I’ll have food ready by when he does. Or he’ll be tired with I’ll take him to the room. Lay with him. Till he’s out. Then I go back doing what I was doing.

I leave all my chores to one side. And give my children my attention. My kids matter more. Than my messy house.:joy:

Then let him leave :woman_shrugging: from what you’re saying it sounds like he’s not committed to you or making things work with you. You definitely should’ve talked to him before doing something so drastic, if you did keep talking to him and he didn’t change I would’ve hidden the Xbox and said I sold it. You did take the wrong steps. But if all he cares about is his material things then there you go.

Maybe you could sell him on marketplace…

5 Likes

He is acting like a child! He is addicted! I know how u feel. A family member of mine met someone a few years ago Moved in together. His kid comes occasionally, they spend approx. 10 hours a day between x box and crazy shows with fighting and killing. They are both have brain fog! Lazy! You would do better to kick him out if he doesn’t stop. Right now he is in a relationship with himself and there is no room for you. I am so sorry.:smiling_face_with_tear:

He sounds childish, but what you did was spiteful. Two wrongs don’t make a right. This is when you two need to communicate before anything and if he can’t find common ground for his game and family life/duties then let him leave because he sounds like a liability over an asset.

NO!! I’d do the same! :rofl:

Yes, you were wrong. No, he’s not overacting. I’d leave over something like this.

1 Like

Sorry sis, you are wrong on this one. Anyone who is more interested in his toys than his family; deserves to have their junk taken away.

Damn he was just playing games now he gonna play you smh all the extra free time he has on his hands believe he gonna find something to play with. Happen to an old friend of mine same situation…

Lmao. Just don’t be surprised if something you enjoy doing hobby wise gets thrown away or sold….I get the frustration but that’s why there is something called communication not turning around and getting rid of something behind their back…. Your just as wrong as he is

1 Like

Who brought it ? Xbox doesn’t come cheap . Sit down with him and have a talk .Don’t throw away your marriage over a game system… I understand he played his game but at least he was home with you. Get a new game system y’all play it together after every done . To be honest I really don’t know what else to say.

1 Like

Why would you do that :joy::joy: I play video games all the time if I came home to my game sold oooooooooooo I would be livid

4 Likes

Uh, yes you were in the wrong. If things aren’t going well, you communicate and compromise, not randomly go and sell his possessions.

8 Likes

You definitely should’ve had a conversation about it and met him in the middle rather than selling it without his knowledge.

Threatening to leave if you don’t replace it and acting like that is silly IMO but it sounds like you both need to sit down to have a serious adult conversation about your relationship, what is going on, etc. I think there’s fault on both sides

1 Like

That was a total douche move on your part. Imagine being jealous of an Xbox. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Now you get to grow up and buy him a new one :rofl:

1 Like

Sounds like you have a teenage boy, not a husband.

3 Likes

That was absolutely wrong of you. It wasn’t yours to sell.
Men are allowed to have hobbies. Yeah maybe he should help with the kids and household chores but you had no right to sell his possessions. Go to marriage counseling because you’re toxic. I play ps5 and it helps me cope with the chaos in my life, it helps me get out of my head, it helps me focus, it helps me decompress etc… I started gaming WITH my husband so we’d have more interests in common and it would be something we could do together because I actually care about my husband’s hobbies and don’t want him to change everything about himself to suit my lifestyle. (Give and take) if you want him to do stuff for you, try doing stuff for him like show interest in his hobby.

2 Likes

You suck. Try having a conversation or therapy but don’t just sell someone’s belongings without their consent. That’s trash. He may be going through something internally and that may be the way he copes and the way he tunes the rest of the negative stuff in his life going on out everybody has to have something to escape to and you just ripped it away from him without any kind of heads up or anything that’s pretty shitty honestly. You should be happy that he’s taken up at least a hobby that keeps him home and not out at bars talking another woman

Lol first off he’s not gonna lose any progress, he’s lying to you and throwing a fit like a baby. And you threw something of his away like a baby. How old are ya’ll? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Ok So I Understand The Frustration BUT, That Man Goes To Work & His Game Is His Way Of Unwinding. You Couldve Hidden It For A Day Or 2 To Make A Point But You SOLD HIS SHIT. That Ain’t Right.
What If She Sold Your Phone? Your Makeup? Something That You Really Like. You’d Be Red Hot & You Know It.
It’s Not The Game, It’s The Principle Behind It. And The Fact That YOU Made A Profit Of His Shit.

You were 100% wrong to sell it and if he wanted he could take legal actions against you and sue you in civil court. It wasn’t yours and you sold it. No different then someone taking something of yours and selling it. If you were unhappy with him playing his game system all the time then be an adult and talk to him. If you did but he still does it then LEAVE! People have different ways of coping with the stress of the world. Some people shop, some people eat, some people game, some people travel, etc. You need to get that system back from whoever you sold it to.

1 Like

Selling it was probably the wrong move. He shouldn’t be spending all his time on it. You all need to have a serious discussion about this and how much time he spends on it vs time with his family. I’m guessing either way this is going to end up with you guys leaving. He will leave if he doesn’t get it back and if he does get it back he will be on it all the time and I’m guessing you will say enough is enough and leave.

2 Likes

This is ridiculous… Is this post even real! Yes. You fuckin suck.

Meh its just an xbox honestly. His response shows you his immaturity. Get rid of him as well, dont need another child in the house, you need a man!

:woman_facepalming: sounds like you have a man child not a husband.

3 Likes

Lol i threaten this but i dont think i wld actually go through with it ! Had u given him fair warning or did you just sell it

Yes you were wrong for selling it but if he can’t see the bigger picture then maybe that’s your sign

I’d say he ruined the marriage. Leave that child and find a real man. No one should ever have to be jealous of a game. If he gives it more attention then leave him and his game to themselves.

Yes we have a shirt for every occasion!!! $11.99 plus shipping and you can have this snazzy piece to win your man over !!

Eww you don’t sell someone else’s shit PERIOD

So we don’t know that you haven’t tried talking about his addiction with gaming…with that being said if you had already tried different things before it came to this point then I’m on your side. I don’t think I would have actually sold it. I would have said I did and hid it to see how he reacted …in your case you would have given it back and gave him another chance…(because now he is acting like a child who had his electronic taken from him for punishment)After that if he still decided his gaming was more important then helping with kids etc I would say good bye. These gaming systems and phones have taken family away from each other.

Selling the Xbox wasnt a smart move, kinda petty, and frankly pretty pointless, really.

Besides, if he’s not doing anything anyways, do you even need him there? If you’re doing everything by yourself with him, you may as well do everything by yourself without him. :woman_shrugging:

If he genuinely wants to be with you and the kids then really what needed to happen is some sort of serious conversation and/or couples therapy, and he needed to learn to grow up and realize that you aren’t a slave who exists to raise his children for him and take care of the house, alone, while he does nothing to help.

Even if he is the sole provider for the household, that does not excuse him from participating in and helping out with the household duties and the raising of your children. That’s absolute bs. I’ve worked 10-16 hour days in both physical labour jobs as well as extremely draining health care jobs, and I still managed to come home and make dinner and clean up around the house and parent my child; so I don’t buy the “I work for a living” excuse from anyone, in that regard. You live there, it’s your family, you’re responsible for taking care of things, too. Plain and simple.

Selling the Xbox wasn’t necessarily “right,” but I get how one can get to the end of their rope with a partner who really isn’t a partner at all; it’s honestly the most frustrating experience and can drive people mad. But yeah… despite that, it still wasn’t the right move. Not to mention, it was reactionary and impulsive, which never leads to good decisions.

But, maybe you should be asking yourself if it’s even worth it to you be with him at all, if his lack of participation in your relationship and the family you have together pushes you to the point of acting irrationally and makes you resort to things like selling his personal possessions while he’s at work. Neither of you are behaving in an emotionally mature manner; neither of you are contributing to improving your relationship with your actions. I mean, did selling his Xbox actually SOLVE anything? Or did it just create more problems on top of the ones you already weren’t dealing with?

Honestly, sounds like you’d both just be better off without each other. Sounds like an unhealthy relationship, all the way around.

2 Likes

You were in the wrong for selling it! You should have a conversation with some ultimatums and go from there!

1 Like

What are you his mom? You both seriously need to grow up!!! Good lord the blind is leading the friggen blind :joy::joy:

Video games produce the same chemicals as cocaine, you just took his crack pipe. :woman_shrugging:t2: if he doesn’t see it’s a problem, you can’t make him. Video game addiction is very real.

Awww he grounded himself. He sounds like another child to raise. But in all seriousness, you definitely were in the wrong selling his gaming system. You’d have come out better hiding it and demanding a conversation.

1 Like

I definitely don’t mean to be negative , but if ure marital problems boiled down to an Xbox…some evaluation needs to be done at that point

1 Like

Yes you were wrong wtf

You just dont sell other people stuff regardless of the Circumstances tell that little boy he need to grow up

1 Like

That’s a dog move
U are so in the wrong it’s not funny

You’re not wrong. I think more than the Xbox needs to go

Did you try to talk to him about it? Get to the root of the issue? Let him know how you were feeling about it all?
Yeah sorry you done messed up love. You better get replacing asap.

You where wrong to have sold the Xbox you are not wrong for being upset about him choosing the game over your family but you have to respect his stuff you could have just disconnected the Xbox and explain to him your needs and wants and then returning it when things got better but he’s right he may have lost all his progress if he didn’t save it properly to his account.respect is key both of you need to learn how to communicate

This is a joke right?

1 Like

Nope! I wouldn’t have sold it tho…I would have done a burn out on top of it in the driveway…

2 Likes

Lol I’d just leave without saying anything selling MY SHIT THAT I PAID FOR lucky he even giving you a out

That would definitely be grounds to leave. You’re not his mother and has no right to sell anything that’s his.

1 Like

You both sound like children and need some growing up to do. And yea you were wrong. Reverse the situation would you like it? Not saying what he does playing all the time is right, but have you communicated about it?

1 Like

Hahaha let the lil boy leave haha omg locks himself in ur room hahaha… and u marries him lol

If he’s threatening to leave, let him leave. If he can’t help with the kids, he’s not worth having around. You shouldn’t have sold the XBox, but should have demanded a conversation and some counselling for his game addiction to try to save what is left of your relationship. Both of you are being childish.

Imagine if was the other way around and one day you get home and he sold your favorite thing? That will only make everything worst….

Wow. So definitely in the wrong. My fiance is a big gamer. His Xbox is his get away from reality. But at one time he refused to live reality to the point he would stay awake for days just playing the Xbox. I didn’t exist, and our kids didn’t exist. I wanted so bad to snap his Xbox or sell it. But I had to think logical. So I talked to him. Yea we ended up in a screaming match. We almost split up but he said he would change and work with me on it. And guess what he now spends time with me and our daughter and is even helping me with my mental state since our son went missing. Communication is key in a relationship. U should work with one another. Not against each other. Having that talk with my fiance changed our relationship when I didn’t think it would.

I would’ve done same thing
Or actually, already left him

1 Like

Communication is key… Yes you were wrong…it was other ways to handle that situation…what happens if he goes and buy another one??? You will be back at square one… what if he takes something of your and sells it for whatever reason??? I understand you reason behind it but I don’t think that was the way to handle it

You punished him like a child by selling his Xbox. I’m sorry but this is wrong. I’d be pissed too.

1 Like

My ex husband did the same thing with the internet…i pulled the modem and hid it at my moms for two weeks…he was threatening to leave to…well bye…when your spouse becomes more worried about a game then his wife and family, they need to grow up…then they don’t deserve a family, they should live at mommy and daddy’s house in the basement…and yes we got divorced over it my ex ended up cheating, not helping with our child,

1 Like

I mean I had a similar situation with my son’s father leave me with 2 children without what they needed so I sold his snake’s. Children needed diapers and pull-ups. If you compensated and gave him the money then your even in my opinion.

You are 100% wrong. Replace it. Or move out. Hell, if I were him, I’d be leaving. Zero respect from you. What if he sold your stuff?

3 Likes

I told my husband when he bought his Playstation that if I felt like he was neglecting our family or my needs I’d sell it on market place, one night, I got super fed up with it and posted it. I felt sooo bad and quickly realized the Playstation was his escape from work and responsibilities in general. I took the post down, talked to him about it again with more understanding and it hasn’t been an issue since. He still plays, almost daily, but he doesn’t play for nearly as long as he used to. It’s now 1-2 hours rather than the usual 6-7.
Marriage is all about compromise and understanding.

3 Likes

Wow. Yea you went too far. My husband plays his PS4 two days a week. Monday and Wednesday with his friends from 7-10pm. I got a friend’s on Wednesday for dinner. We communicated and made it so he can still play and still be a member of the family. I’d never do that to my husband without first communicating first lol. However if he chose the Xbox again? I’d probably think of leaving.

I would definitely just leave him if possible. File for divorce. Something. People do what they want to do. He clearly didn’t want to give your relationship the time and attention you or his children need. I’m sorry you’ve had to feel so badly and long for that attention, etc. i don’t think it was right to sell his things, but a divorce would be more of a point.

3 Likes

What if he decided to sell your favorite handbag because you use it to much? You’re totally wrong for selling his stuff.

2 Likes

I’d be pissed too, don’t touch my styff. ESPECIALLY my gaming console :angry:

2 Likes

Both of you are ESA-- yall dont have respect for eachother… and thats sad.

Yes you’re wrong to sell it but he’s also being childish. Since he’s threatening to leave, let him.

2 Likes

They say let people do what they want, they will show you were their priorities really are.

3 Likes

Wow you don’t ever take someone’s possession and sell it or take away something that means another to them. You were wrong and should replace it

1 Like

Should have kept the Xbox … and got rid of him!!!
Dead wood… he is a selfish idiot

Not wrong I would have put in the fire pit and watched it burn! He has a family he needs that wake up call!

2 Likes

Ive got nothing.
Like I just keep typing and then i erase my comment because like theres just allot here.

I’d like to hear how he feels honestly.
I think there’s more issues here then a grown man gaming.

Yeah you went too far.

Yes. You were wrong. That is not how to solve problems. You talk about it. And if he doesnt wise ip leave him. But that was just wrong.

Oh no… you don’t mess with a man’s “down time”. He gets up, goes to work, pays the bills, and you’re going to sell his source of relaxation?

You could have spoke to him about it instead of being petty but…… here you are.

Nah. I could never. I see a divorce in your future.

1 Like

Who purchased it? If he did, then yes you are DEFINITELY the AH and that’s theft. Now I would have told him it’s us or the Xbox. My husband plays on the weekends and usually with the girls so I’m not bothered by it…it’s also only an hr or 2 max. He has a major problem

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a bit far … mine was obsessed with his phone and his friends and his weed so I left his ass … no point trying to fix something that they don’t see a problem with and was best decision ever !!! Only used me for money , place to stay and everyday when he needed to be driven around without ever paying a cent !!!
Found a man now who goes above and beyond , pulls his weight and knows what he has :heart: life is to short to be unhappy … actions speak louder then words x

I can understand being upset, but you sold his xbox behind his back, so yes, you should replace it…… talking to him about what’s bothering you would have been a better option

Threatening to leave? That’s a little dramatic, but i do think you should replace it.

Umm… that was taking it way to far.

1 Like

Yeah, you were wrong. It’s obviously isn’t okay that he’s playing his game and not helping, but that’s not the way to go about it. Honestly, you talk and if they don’t change, you leave them, you don’t sell their things. I could never even imagine doing that to someone else’s things, I’d rather not be in a relationship

I would’ve hid it rather than sell it. He has an addiction problem

7 Likes

He’s an addict, he needs to be admitted

1 Like

Maybe you should been an adult and spoke with him about his Excessive game play.

5 Likes

Communication is key… did you threaten him to do it? Or u just did so?