My husband told me he rent an apartment but doesn't want a divorce: Advice?

Keep the kids out of the nastiness. Regardless of what happens, to them he is their father and don’t need to be used as pawns by either of you.

2 Likes

He has a side piece. Divorce him.

10 Likes

What does he mean he needs space?! The only time they say that they’re already involved with someone! Sounds like he has someone else he wants to play house with! Sorry

7 Likes

Get an attorney and take him for every penny . These men do not get to deserve a double life at the wife’s expense

10 Likes

He doesn’t seem to want to live with you which probably means there’s someone else. Don’t give his cake and eat it to,divorce him and go on with your life or restart your life.

13 Likes

He’s leaving you for somebody else. Start divorce procedures immediately. Alimony AND child support. Cite abandonment. Keep the house… put the money in your name too

17 Likes

He obviously wants to leave… he’s looking long term bc you don’t just get an apartment for some “space” … idk of any apartments where you don’t have to sign a year lease, or at the least a 6 month one. He’s making plans for something that don’t include you. Let him do it and Do your research and gather all the evidence you can to bust his a$$ when the time comes when YOU file for divorce bc he left you and the kids

He wants to have both his single life but still be married. Tell him he has to choose. Once he moves out he no longer lives in your home. Don’t let him come & go. He schedules time with the kids & you as if you’re not married.

7 Likes

As Painful as this is going to be, Go along with His plan, but if I were you Id seek Guidance from a Lawyer-Family Court!!!

I’d be gathering evidence/ proof for the Divorce- which seems to be Inevitable judging by him wanting to move out.
I honestly believe he has Someone or wants someone…
You as a Mum have to Protect Yourself & Youre Children. His proven himself to be Selfish & not Deserving of the Family you have made.

14 Likes

Usually when one moves out there is someone else on the side.

8 Likes

He has a girlfriend. I hate to say that but it’s true.

9 Likes

Take all the money out of the joint account and any accounts he has assets to then divorce him

9 Likes

Um this is very confusing. I don’t want a divorce but I’m moving out and spending money on another home for myself away from you and the kids. Are u separated? Is he moving in with anyone else? We’re there any warning signs? This is pretty damn rough. I’d be changing locks, getting finances in order getting a lawyer and seeing a counsellor. He cannot do that to you and expect no kickbacks. Remember his done this, so don’t let him guilt you when he realises the repercussions and doesn’t like it. Your married ffs it’s unexceptable. I’m so sorry you’re going through this

Sorry to say to you, but if you can’t see what’s happening then advising you won’t do any good. An surprise me with he used “ it’s not you it’s me” line. You need to figure out what to do because any blind person can see what’s going on, your just in denial sweetie. Prayers going out to the kiddos :pray:

6 Likes

When a man says he needs some space, without you in it, he obviously has a better deal going on. Mid-life crisis, boredom, whatever you want to call it, he’s sneaking. Call an attorney. Get a divorce. Child support. And get on with your life. Don’t let him come back. He made his choice.

5 Likes

Get your child support and alimony tell him you need a break also but you want to make sure the children are well taken care of and not have all the money go to another family and kids

6 Likes

The same thing happened to me last summer… we’ve both been working on ourselves and I’m currently at the apartment with him and the kids. I must say that he was right to get out the situation we were in… I don’t know what to tell you. Just pray about it and know that no matter what happens you are going to be okay . :purple_heart::sparkling_heart::heartpulse:

6 Likes

So sorry, prayers :pray::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I would get evidence that he’s seeing someone else, just so when you file for divorce, you have proof he was unfaithful.

5 Likes

Get in on the divorce first
He knows exactly what he’s doing
I would say he already has someone

2 Likes

Do not judge him. He was honest. Sounds like you two have been running parallel lives for some time. Nothing to do but live and let live. Spare the kids additional heartache… and yourself as well. Move on.

3 Likes

You don’t rent an apartment if you don’t want a divorce , red flags here

2 Likes

When a man says “he needs space”, there is already another woman involved

11 Likes

You know deep down what’s about to happen. I would call unannounced and prove to yourself first then serve him the divorce papers… some people have some serious cheek!!

2 Likes

He doesn’t want a divorce because he knows he will be responsible for whatever alimony you’re entitled to. Then after a few years of him not contributing and still being married he can say he wasn’t taking care of the household and that you were. Any man to walk out on their three children and wife like that is beyond me. Tell him he needs to take the kids with him and you’re selling the house becsue you can’t afford it now. He should be taking responsibility no matter what.

14 Likes

Divorce him. If he’s willing to walk out and not stay and work through it in the same household then you deserve better

9 Likes

Trust your gut. Also, he is definitely talking to another woman. It may not be physical yet but for him to move out he wants space for the opportunity for it to get physical. My advice is go directly to a lawyer and get his ass for Abandonment!

Seems that he wants to have one night stands

4 Likes

Get all of the money out of your accounts, open your own account without him on it and put your money there. All of it. ALL OF IT!!! Serve him with divorce papers. Alimony, child support, go after all of it.

17 Likes

Yeah, you know where it is headed…

4 Likes

I think you need to talk to him and find out why he wants to move out promptly but not get a divorce and then go from there. Cheating? Drugs? Closer to his work? And then you guys can always seek a marriage counselor

2 Likes

Tell him to leave completely

2 Likes

Thats very irresponsible! He committed to being married now he wants space from you ad kids huhu doesnt work that way the cheek, u the mommy needs a break your need relaxing time, not him… I cant tell u wor to do lady follow your gut instinct, this move of his doesnt weigh up… All the best hope he comes to his senses soon

2 Likes

Girl
You already know what that mean. Don’t fool yourself. .

4 Likes

He’s found someone else and wants to take her for a spin. And keep you hanging…
Get your affairs in order…

7 Likes

He wants his cake and eat it too, leave his ass.

Make sure the pay check comes to the account you use.

3 Likes

He wants to play the field …but doesn’t want to pay the piper… bottom line is…his left you…so go get a divorce and get child support set up…

8 Likes

That’s odd! Personally I think his up to something!!

2 Likes

It may be a blessing in disguise. He’s being 20% honest with you, then there’s the 80% he’s not sharing with you. He’s already planning and moving on, he’s just now letting you in on a small portion of his plans. He’s settling you and the kids up. Contact an attorney and get in front of this! Yes, I believe he’s already got a girlfriend. I’m sorry honey, you guys deserve so much better than what this is. Good luck!!

11 Likes

Get a good lawyer. Sounds like he wants his cake and eat it too!

7 Likes

Absolutely. Secure the money/your $$$ first thing. Do not put it off because he’s already got that on his list of things to do.

6 Likes

Sounds like he needs some space for someone else to visit…heard that before

6 Likes

He can’t have it both ways! How selfish he is. Get rid of the mess. That’s what he is, a mess and you don’t deserve that. He got an apartment… what nerve! You have enough children and you don’t need another baby. Go for it honey and let your heart heal and expand. He’s a creep and you deserve better! Prayers and hugs for you. Be strong!:two_hearts:

5 Likes

Get legal advice, if he moves out and can show that he has moved out he can file for divorce after 12 months and not pay spousal maintenance ect so many loop holes. Make sure you get an account to your name and get records of all your accounts and assests that you have now.

5 Likes

He’s cheating. A divorce would means he pays allimony and child support. He’s trying to get off easy. Go get the divorce and child support.

20 Likes

Sounds like he wants to live like a single man without having to lose any assets or money… lawyer up and look after yourself and your kids and serve him that divorce… you deserve better…

14 Likes

He’s got somebody else.

5 Likes

He found someone else an incase dont work he want to keep the door open

15 Likes

He’s got someone else. Simples. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

For sure. Or he’s cheating and needs a space to do it. Demand a key and access at all times. So you can pop in and check. I feel like he doesn’t want a divorce bc he’s have to pay out for it. If you can check his phone to see if he’s doing anything shady. He’s honestly most likely not interested in you or the family anymore. Gtfo girl

4 Likes

Dnt walk alone, plz contact a layer

1 Like

Very strange you need to get some legal advise quickly he’s obviously got other intentions he wants to keep friends with you why does he need his own place ?he want the best of both worlds his freedom and a place to return to if it doesn’t work out you need to get things sorted for you and the children see a lawyer make sure you get support for the children from him and yourself he’s decided he wants a double life and leaving you with the responsibility of the house and children don’t take this laying down fight for you and your children get a lawyer and get what you are entitled to good luck

4 Likes

So sorry but he definitely has someone he is seeing on the side. Note everything down going forward x

Its a trick. I just watched this on that documentary series about Betty Broderick. Her husband did the same thing to screw her out of money in the divorce. Money is not longer divided from.the day of separation which is the day he moves out. Go see a lawyer. At least watch that documentary series on Netflix about Betty Broderick

5 Likes

Married men don’t get an apartment because they need space. They go sleep on the couch, man cave etc
He’s full of it ! I’d say be very careful and let family know what’s going on to be safe. Also don’t inform him of your plans. Get a lawyer and take it from there. Your marriage seems like it has come to a end !

15 Likes

Divorce = child support and alimony . Of course he don’t want that and by moving out you are the one caring for the kids. And he can do what ever and who ever he wants. Tell him it’s all or nothing.

9 Likes

He’s cheating trying not to pay for the divorce. He wants to live a single life. LEAVE HIM ASAP.
THEIR IS NO GOOD OUTCOME TO THIS.
It won’t just mess with you’re children’s heads it will hurt you too

2 Likes

Well my ex, said he wanted a break but what he really meant was, I’ve already contacted lawyers, opened a new bank account and reduced the house payments. But he may genuinely just want a time out but I’d be checking all your accounts etc.

7 Likes

That’s how it all started with caitlyn jenner does he want to be a woman deep down ?

6 Likes

Pay back time Sweetie :two_hearts:

He got someone. Wants his cake and eat it too.

How about no?

7 Likes

Cut him loose before it’s too late

4 Likes

Sounds like he’s got another woman or wants another one and he’s only saying he doesn’t want a divorce incase the other woman doesn’t work out. I would be saying bye-bye we will be getting divorced

10 Likes

Probably trying to get out of paying child support

8 Likes

I feel like your husband had been living a double life, and and seems shady . He wants you to not divorce maybe so he is not responsible for support . I am sorry that you are going through such a traumatic ordeal . My prayers are with you, and your children . He had this planned .

7 Likes

He’s got someone else…

4 Likes

Let him go. Take care of you and your little ones. He wants his freedom but to keep you there Incase that falls through. Prayers for you and your babies

4 Likes

Pretty good guess that he no longer wants to be with you. No husband rents an apartment simply to give himself space.

4 Likes

How tf did he get a rental when we are in a rental crisis !

2 Likes

This happened to me. I was going to share a house with him knowing that he was with other women: then he said I’d have to pay half rent and she would pay the other half but he was getting his own place
I put my foot down and said nope sorry that’s not happening
I’ll get my own place and I did and it’s been life changing

4 Likes

He’s got him a bachelor pad.

5 Likes

Better empty out those bank accts before he does

16 Likes

Change the locks and give him the divorce papers or be open minded and let him have his bachelors pad and freedom :woman_shrugging:t2: it’s ultimately your choice now to set boundaries of what you’re comfortable with

6 Likes

Isn’t that abandonment? Spouse alienation??? Divorce his ass .he’s already acting single

Kick his ass to the kurb

File your own divorce

6 Likes

Contact a lawyer and get support payments set up.

10 Likes

I think there’s someone else and that’ll make it easier for them to sneak around. For me, it’s stay and work shit out with me or I’m filing for divorce when you move out…

Go talk to a lawyer. Then get counselling for you and your children.

Put things in order to leave, get a lawyer an get some proper advice… play along untill. Best wishes to u

1 Like

Do the kids and yourself a huge favor and get thst divorce. He has another woman.and he is trying to get out of paying alimony and child support

9 Likes

Get an attorney immediately. Or at least a mediation. Get yourself to counseling.
Also he needs to share responsibility for kids care. Have him come to house twice a week to be there w them as you get out for therapy and self care. His expense…all of it.! Be strong.

1 Like

Gtfoh. You rent an apartment but don’t want a divorce. I’ll do him a favor a file. In marriage there is no break. You want a break we are done. Must have another girl and he’s “confused”.

8 Likes

let him go and get a lawyer… you and the kids will need help and it comes before his bachelor pad. he will tell you he doesn’t want a divorce he will tell you anything you want to hear to keep you happy so he doesn’t have to financially help through the courts. been there and done that. put your foot down

2 Likes

Sounds like he’s dippin his toes in another pool.
File for divorce yourself he’s playing games. He knows how much money divorce will cost and wants to keep you on the line incase his new supply isn’t want he imagined.

13 Likes

He only doesn’t want a divorce because he doesn’t want to pay alimony, child support and take a financial L of splitting assets.

Divorce that guy anyways.

13 Likes

Red flag u go b4 him leave him d kids whats he think u are ?a door mat no ta​:cn::cn::cn::cn::cn:

l get paid over $180 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18289 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingWorking433.pages.dev/

divorcing you would mean hes gotta pay $, keeping you but separating & living apart is cheaper… whatever he does in this apartment & what he does while yall are "separated " he can’t get in trouble for in his mindset… you won’t know what’s going on in the apartment, but you’ve been replaced without costing him $ in a divorce… how do you want this to go? dont have sex with him or oral, you have no idea who he’s been around, in or on… be careful

Lawyer up and get yourself ready for what’s to come. To me this sounds exactly like what you said- the first step. Once he leaves the house, it’s then on you…. If you can’t afford it on your own, well, I hate to tell you where this could head. You have to put your feelings aside and think about your kids. I’m sorry you’re going through this.

3 Likes

If he needs that much space from you and his own children…, wrong girl… run

4 Likes

File for divorce , screw him . He doesn’t want to pay alimony child support , and give you whatever else your entitled to , which will leave him with not enough for an apartment.
He doesn’t get to “TELL” yoh what he’s doing , it’s a marriage, work on it or be honest .
Trust me go file , and make sure he doesn’t change bank accounts and start hiding money.
Sorry it’s harsh but don’t be the dumb one left standing there

12 Likes

Honestly……… let him live in his apartment…. Hire a private detective, get proof if he’s cheating, take evidence to court and gouge him for all he has :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: including his little flat

14 Likes

Yes I’d sat so. He doesn’t want a divorce because a list of things come with it like taking ur own kids and raising them half the time family departs and all that great stuff.

2 Likes

That’s not just “needing space”…. He’s got something else going on he’s planning. Probably just doesn’t wanna pay for a divorce and all… divorce him anyway. Don’t let him play with your head and waste your time.

2 Likes

File for divorce he’s a lieing cheater

3 Likes

Get a lawyer, file for custody and child support and a divorce. What an idiot.

7 Likes

Get a lawyer right away, if he wants a break give him a permanent one and take him for everything, hes cheating

8 Likes

He only “doesn’t want a divorce” because it would mean losing half his stuff. He’s already separating from you and most likely seeing someone else so start the proceedings and get your money girl. If he legitimately doesn’t want a divorce he can give up his apartment and come home.

6 Likes