My husband took a picture of our kids as a joke and his family says CPS could be called: Advice?

You don’t want to say anything to keep the peace?! I don’t know how much more disturbing it can get having your own family threatening to call authorities. I would definitely put them all in their place.

9 Likes

Wow. Some people cant handle a joke. I would unfriend them and block.

1 Like

No, not realistic. My 6 year old daughter loves to cook! (Supervised, of course- but she’s always asking to help cook/bake)

1 Like

A family member or members mentioned cps? Oh hell no. Delete👏their👏asses👏

Blocked and deleted…threatening cps over non sense on every level

9 Likes

Your husband’s family sound like idiots. People like THAT are the reason ACTUAL child abuse cases never get seen or seen too late due to this dumb shit. If I were you I’d Remove his family from seeing your pictures. If I were you I wouldn’t worry bout cps…especially if nothing is actually happening to your children and it’s just petty bs.
Goodluck to you

You can block them from.seeing your pics but still have them on Facebook for the sake of peace…

2 Likes

I don’t jump to conclusions. That being said I need to see the post. Not enough description to give advice

Unfriend and block them. No more drama. When asked why they don’t see your post anymore just say Oh, the algorithm must be off. I’m very selective about what family I share stuff with in social media

6 Likes

Privet… you’re pictures and no one except who you want to see them will be able to

1 Like

Thats ridiculous. Ignore them and their nonsense. Kids learning and pretending to cook is very normal and nothing cps would even care about. They sound like drama. I would Post another one with them cooking at the stove lol

4 Likes

Send them the number to CPS .

6 Likes

Lol. Let them call cps, it’ll be fine. But after that I’d cut them off. Just me though

10 Likes

For the sake of peace between y’all!? Ma’am your in laws are saying there gonna call CPS. Gloves are off! Protect your family. :scissors::scissors: them off!

10 Likes

Just tell them you’ll be waiting for their visit (meaning CPS) and when they see everything is fit, the “fam” can see their way out of your life :blush: I sooo hate when ppl use CPS as a weapon. It’s meant for kids who are truly in harm’s way. Pretending to BBQ isn’t hurting anyone. It’s not like they were splashing Bbq sauce on the youngest to cook him :joy:

9 Likes

Nothing CPS would even do.

1 Like

The ages of the children would be the key factor. If it’s a 2 and a 4 year old then he’s having one of them holding a grill lighter is probably not a good idea. If they’re in the 7-8 or older range, then really in my opinion it’s a good age to teach proper fire handling and fire safety when using outdoor equipment and when building/using a campfire. At that age it’s good info to know and are skills they would need to survive should the worst the worst happen.

2 Likes

Delete Block remove any and all family members that disrespect you and your family.Cut them off completely.

4 Likes

Lmao too stupid. Tell them to go ahead and make the call!
Sounds like they’re jealous that your boys can joke around and have a great time.

4 Likes

You can also call cps and tell them hey this is what happened my inlaws are threatening this i just want to know if its bad? U dont even have to tell them your name. And they can tell u. Ive had to do that cuz my son is autistic and screams for no reason and i called and asked after i got told by my neighbors they were gonna call for abuse. Cps said even if they are called it would be flagged since hes autistic they have to look at it different. But calling ahead helped them out and then they were called and they had my info already. But i gave them my name and info and stuff. They arent bad guys if you arent doing anything wrong. Most of the time they will check on your kid and you dont have to even let them in your house with out a warrant. Also after the case is closed u can get the name of who called cuz even with it being a “anonymous” call they still require a name. I just found this out when my case closed.

They already crossed that line of keeping peace unfortunately.

I assume baby has no clue how to use a lighter and was watched the entire time just long enough for the photo op. I see no reason why CPS would ever be called over a photo shoot. This is really sad. CPS has cases they actually need the time and recourses for yet people call them for the smallest things.

1 Like

If I understand the picture clearly, calling CPS send totally out of line. Were they doing something with high potential to hurt them?

Survival skills my boys have had them since 3.5yo and 3yo and they are 12.5yrs and 5yo now! My boys know all kinds of ways to start fires but they also know how to put them out without water as well. I beg someone to call CPS for me teaching them skills like that!! Most people can’t do what my boys do or know what to do if they see a smoldering camp fire or fire but my 12.5yo does and he doesn’t stop until it’s out.

3 Likes

Let it go and delete them off of your social media

2 Likes

Are they DUMB​:rofl::rofl::rofl: please block these negative people

1 Like

Oh, I’d ask them to call! Let CPS come out. CPS will be SO upset about the false claims. They have actual work that needs to be done that isn’t being done. Then, if they keep calling…get them for harassment! They need to mind their own lives.

First of all, I wouldn’t communicate with those people anymore. If that’s all it takes for them for threaten your family like that, they don’t love or respect you and don’t deserve your love or respect. Secondly, pretty sure CPS would take one look and roll their eyes. People get trick shots or photshop pics of their kids doing crazy stuff all the time. Unless I’m genuinely missing something here, there is nothing that shows me red flags with what you’ve described. If someone I knew threatened my family like that? Hoo boy.

3 Likes

What exactly would cps do abt that? The kids are playing using their imaginations pretending they’re doing what they see grownups do… thats seems pretty normal

4 Likes

And just block in laws cut them out of your life you’ll be much happier

4 Likes

He has a miserable a&& family ….tell call them nothing is gonna happen

1 Like

Have they nothing else better to do?

2 Likes

What a bunch a d*€s !
Delete and block them and move forward there empty threats are laughable

5 Likes

His family sound like a bunch of karens. As long as there was OBVIOUSLY adult supervision, there’s nothing to worry about. Tell them to mind their own business and IF you do get cps called, you know exactly who did it.

1 Like

U ain’t done nowt wrong don’t panic

My opinion…toxic family is just that. Walk away…you don’t need that in your life and neither do your kids.

1 Like

Show them all these opinions…they should be ashamed

1 Like

What petty people! I have pics of my now 30+ yr old kids pretending to drink from empty bottles of alcohol when they were around 10 and 12 as a joke, their idea, everyone got the joke. Btw neither are alcoholics now.

2 Likes

They need to find something better to do with there lives the saddos.!!!

1 Like

Stop sharing photos with them and when they ask why, you let them know that you felt threatened and are protecting your family. End of story

8 Likes

So many people cant take a joke i had socail services called on me by a speech therapist cause i gave my son a cup of tea. I am not brave enough to refuse my son a cup when i make 1 :rofl:

2 Likes

It was a joke tell them grow up and move on

And just FYI if cps does get called pretty sure you can figure out who called thin

2 Likes

First of all say something it was a joke they obviously were not lighting a bbq
I’d b livid

1 Like

I would laugh and say we bbqd them after of course

3 Likes

This is ridiculous my kids chop veg with kitchen knives and I sent it to the school to show what they did at home

1 Like

In my experience, the best way to control relatives and friends is with deletion, or blocking. Demonstrate on FB and real life that this type of behaviour is completely unacceptable, If they decide to behave, reconnect with them. But like children, they need to learn boundaries.

10 Likes

I’m in big trouble then, this is my 11yr old pretending to give my 7 year old a tattoo with his new art set… Tell them to mind their own business

15 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=kids+toy+barbecue&client=ms-android-samsung-gn-rev1&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiMhPKAgo3yAhXzuXEKHYRhDtQQ_AUoAXoECAIQAQ&biw=412&bih=718&dpr=1.75

Got to put kids in cottonwool these days not allowed to be kids wtf :thinking::-1:

2 Likes

And I hope u neveerrrrr speak to this so called family member because basically they’re threatening to do harm to your family.

9 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My husband took a picture of our kids as a joke and his family says CPS could be called: Advice? - Mamas Uncut

Yeah they ain’t got a leg to stand on its normal…don’t stress mama fuck them

1 Like

I’d cut them off if that toxic… sorry you have to deal with that.

6 Likes

How old are your kids??

1 Like

That’s not something you call cps for. Sounds like they are all toxic.

8 Likes

Was this posted on social media? If so I suggest taking the people that are the problem off your page. I’m not understanding how your kids playing like they are BBQ is a reason to call CPS.

13 Likes

Id say something to them. And then not talk to them anymore!!

1 Like

Hell no say something and then block the nosey sonsabitches

4 Likes

I’ve seen worse and it would take more than a fun picture like that to have a reason for cps to even consider opening a case or anything.

1 Like

The peace is already disrupted when they opened their big mouth i would have been very vocal about that shit.

2 Likes

They are toxic af! I wouldnt bother with them family or not!!

2 Likes

I would block them. How childish

3 Likes

Cps won’t even open a case about that. There’s nothing wrong with it

1 Like

Block them off of your social media accounts and then lose contact.

Sounds like they have something against y’all and are being very controlling. Which is disgusting. I’d block them from all social media and not speak to them anymore without an apology

1 Like

Block them. On every social media. CPS wouldn’t follow up on that.

Hell my son and nephews used to play football in the backyard, get mad at each other and throw hands, us adults let them figure it out and minutes later it was back to game as usual. :woman_shrugging:t2: We do practical jokes and have crazy pictures too. It’s all about having fun as a family.

Well then they’d have a heyday with the pictures my parents took of me and my sisters “acting like dad” acting like we were chugging beer and wearing his biker gear lmao

4 Likes

Let them call…nothing will be done for a joke 🤦 then tell the in laws off n block them on social media and in real life.

3 Likes

Cut them off they seem toxic af, block them on everything as well, don’t send them photos or any of that sort, protect your peace and your kids from toxic ass family.

1 Like

We’re they saying it jokingly?

1 Like

Toxic Ass People ! I can’t stand ppl like this!
And yeah I know what it’s like to have to just keep your mouth shut :zipper_mouth_face: to keep the peace .

I was 3 years old cooking hot dogs on a hibachi grill.
My 5 year old and 7 year old know how to make eggs. Mac n cheese. Hotdogs. Pancakes. They use the toaster and microwave on their own…

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous. I would not have them on social media. Your peace is to important!

Delete and block! That’s so ridiculous, I’m sorry you’re putting up with that.

With all the other more serious cases, my guess would be that CPS would laugh at something like that

1 Like

I would delete and block them. Cps won’t even entertain that nonsense. Keep pretending with your kids and tell people to mind their business.

Block them all, just because it’s family you don’t owe them any loyalty.

Seems pretty petty & those family members are toxic. I’d cut them out.

Tell them this …
“It’s a joke not a dick so don’t take it so hard or deep” :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

5 Likes

Sure do ur jokes for u all and not for fb and the world. Think before u post because of someone calling CPS. This is what I tell my family because there have been certain pics not good for fb. Js

3 Likes

Don’t share your posts with them anymore and done!
I imagine CPS has their hands full with all the TikToc shenanigans theses days …(sarcasm):roll_eyes:

1 Like

Cps wont do anything for that…my kids came home with their bran new coats burnt throu from their dads grill cos didnt care

That’s stupid of them

I would let them call after they close the case you can request a copy and find out who did it and let them have it.

Sounds like it’s time to take the trash out. Idc if they’ve had your back 100 times in the past and that they are “family” or you love them. You simply don’t f* with people’s children. They absolutely have no leg to stand on. I would screenshot/record all conversation that has been had about this because they are trash to even threaten this means they are trashy enough to add to it so protect y’all’s family.

4 Likes

Block em from your post

If this is how they are towards you and threaten false reports to CPS (wasting their time as well) then they would have ZERO contact with us. NONE. Threatening to turn you in for bogus stuff like that is a serious matter to me and I wouldn’t feel safe around them anymore. They’d be blocked and deleted off social media and contact would be cut off. I don’t play with threats like that.

9 Likes

Don’t let your husband’s family walk all over you. Stand up for your kids and say something to them.

I would cut those people out !

3 Likes

Has everyone lost their sense of humor?? Geez, lighten up people

5 Likes

I think it’s time to count them out of your life. That’s not healthy.

1 Like

Can you post the picture, so we can see. I’m sure its nothing horrible. I’ve seen those kinds of pics on friends pages and never thought they were bad. Your husband’s family is over reacting… Maybe when you post pictures, you can set your settings where they can’t see certain photos or post…

2 Likes

Don’t let them have any contact with your children.

2 Likes

Take a screen shot of what you just posted and comments, then delete and block them BUT just know they may call CPU just to be buttfaces!!! Good luck!

They need to mind their business!

What a waste of CPS time. If they are that toxic I could fix that real quick. My kids wouldn’t be going around them any longer.

5 Likes

Screw peace! I’d be cutting ties, CPS isn’t something to just throw at someone! This is ridiculous!

2 Likes

To play devils advocate here IF CPS were called legally they would have to at least call you. Worst case scenario would be they come to your house one time and find there is nothing to substantiate the claim and close it.

1 Like