My husbands friend made an inappropriate comment about me: Advice?

My fiances friends have made jokes and ive just ignored them
BUT
they refuse to make comments infront of our son.
If they did id tell them to shut their mouths because our child could hear that bullshit and would have made it very know how pissed i would be.

Probably just a joke… maybe distasteful but still probably a joke.

1 Like

It was a joke, poor taste for sure but a joke. I’ve had this said to me too.

1 Like

This is the equivalent of a momma joke, and God knows everybody makes those. While it was imappropriate and in poor taste, especially with your son in the car, it was meant as a joke. Just let your husband know it was not appreciated, and you’d like him to say something. But I wouldn’t expect your husband to let go of a friend just because you can’t take a joke.

2 Likes

Guys talk pretty raunchy to each other, when females are not present. It sounds like normal guy talk.
I have overheard some foul things like women being referred to as gashholes. But they talk appropriately around/ to me.
Really this is something to let go.

2 Likes

Inappropriate joke. My husband doesnt play though anyone talks to my like that he would attack.

Guys DO talk like this. The issue is that you and your child heard. Which i doubt was purposeful. Anyone o here saying “men don’t talk like that” are just naive. Don’t expect him to stop talking to this guy. Your husband makes jokes like this too obviously, if his friend was that comfortable to say it to him, and your husband clearly isn’t mad. He pretended to be shocked for your sake. Just get over it, if you can’t, there’s not kuch else you can to. Giving him an ultimatum will do nothing but harm your relationship.

2 Likes

Odd, my husband would knock out his friends teeth for a comment like that.

2 Likes

His dam should’ve spoken up about that… my ex husbands best friend slapped my butt when husband was in bathroom… I told ex husband and he didn’t do anything about it… one of many reasons he’s an ex :roll_eyes::expressionless:

I’ve noticed a lot of women are super sensitive when it comes to sexual jokes. But it’s just that… A joke. Was it crude and inappropriate? Most definitely. Was it said as a joke and probably meant to get a rise out of your hubby? Also most likely. He most likely had no idea he was on speaker let alone that your child was able to hear and unless your 5 year old then asked what a blowjob was I wouldn’t be too upset … but, I would’ve retorted with “yea well I choke on small objects guess you’re out of luck”… 🤷
This has nothing to do with lack of respect for you.

7 Likes

Just tell the dude that that’s sort of talk to a married woman is not ok and makes you feel uncomfortable. If he does it again be a bitch and tell him you told him not to tall to you like that

1 Like

I mean, it was a joke. Dont take it so hard.

3 Likes

I know which of my friends I can cut up with like that. Tell him not to make those kinds of comments bc it makes you uncomfortable. If he continues then tell him not to talk to you & ignore him.

1 Like

I would have laughed, but that’s just me.

1 Like

Guys don’t talk like this in front of your husband or man . My husband would hear one if he’s guy friends say something like that … boy you better get ready to eat dirt . For disrespecting me like that. I ain’t no Bitch or no lame for someone to speak to me like that at all what a disrespectful man he is …

3 Likes

Let it go.
No good will come from obsessing about a comment someone made 6 mths ago.

If he makes another comment then u can bring this one back out.

Pls give ur hubby a break. He has no control over what another man said.

6 Likes

Uh… my husband would hit any man who said something like this about me. And if he didn’t, I would. This is not a “harmless joke”. It’s inappropriate and the person would no longer be a “friend”.

3 Likes

This is not ok. It’s not ok. I’d be livid. My husband who be too. This friend doesn’t respect you, your husband or your marriage. I never comment on these things but this is crossing a line. You aren’t being sensitive.

1 Like

This has happened to me more than once and I found it to be very offensive. There was a few different times when my boyfriend wasn’t home and a couple of his friends and one of his relatives stopped by and hit on me. Between all the incidents some were “jokes” and some were very straight forward but either way it was completely out of line and inappropriate. I immediately told my boyfriend about each one and he hasn’t spoken to any of them since. Yes, guys may joke amongst themselves about their women but making a direct comment or gesture is uncalled for. I would be extremely upset if he would have continued to have any kind and of contact with them going forward. A man is supposed to defend his wife period.

Eh did he know he was on speaker for you and the kid to hear? It was supposed to be a joke amongst friends, boys are gross :confounded: :laughing:

Make those comments back and see if your husband still thinks its fine.

7 Likes

Regardless of his intentions this type of talk bothers you. Say something to him so he knows it makes you uncomfortable and is unwanted. If he continues to do it you don’t need to be his friend and tell ur husband he is not welcome at the house or around you etc. Your hubby can be friendly with him but that doesnt mean you have to accept him

1 Like

Even if it is just a joke, a good friend wouldn’t joke that way. A good friend would have respect for his friend’s wife. My husband would not allow that sort of talk. Even if it wouldn’t bother me that much.

4 Likes

I probably would have responded, “you’re willing to do all this work with us for only about 33 seconds of pleasure in my mouth? :joy:

2 Likes

You mean your husband that this remark was okay, and in front of your child? Court means nothing, that man needs to apologize to you and your husband. And your husband needs to apologize for not standing up for you.

1 Like

Listen next time your husband asks for a blow-job, try saying that you’d rather give it to that guy & see what his reaction would be!!! If he can consume the guys “inappropriate comment” & is not bothered by it, he should be able to swallow (no pun intended) yours too & then you can either let it go cuz all men think crass talk is funny or if you do manage to offend your husband by wishing to blow another man, you know double standards exist!!!

1 Like

If it was something I overheard by mistake I could let it pass because I wasn’t intended to hear the inappropriate joke. Us women do it too. But because your son heard this comment and it was said infront of you (through the phone) I would of been very offended and demanded an apology. Thankfully my man would of agreed with me too and made it clear it wasn’t okay nor will happen again or the friendship is over.

1 Like

Did he know he was on Bluetooth for everyone to hear? If so, gross but why fight with your husband about it for 6 months?? I’m so confused…

2 Likes

This is the kind of locker room talk that happens that a few years back a bunch of dudes came out and said locker room talk doesn’t exist. This is the kind of talk that was referred. Yup it’s disgusting. Most men are to some degree

1 Like

I really don’t see a problem. It was a joke meant for his friend. Guys and girls joke around in gross inappropriate ways. I would let it go.

6 Likes

Find your voice! Embarrass him! Why not let him know in no way if hell froze over would that happen. And your kids in the car.

Also find someone else to help you with whatever and pay them.

2 Likes

My husband would have gotten in his azz before I did. That was so disrespectful and inappropriate.

1 Like

My husband would have been so pissed off no joke.

2 Likes

That’s an inappropriate comment to make to any man’s wife whether there were children listening or not or whether the guy was joking or not

3 Likes

Some people are uptight, some people can laugh it off. I would have laughed and said you wish and that would have been that.

7 Likes

It’s not like he knew you and your son were in the car. Have you ever listened to how men talk to each other? It is inappropriate and hopefully your man was like yo that was a little weird! Lol but I think you are dragging it on too long

6 Likes

I can take a joke but nah he went too far . Disrespectful af

2 Likes

He was being funny, get the fuck over it

7 Likes

I think you need a thicker skin. It’s clearly a joke. Lighten up :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Art Linkletter would say children will say the Darndest things!

I would have said…oh no my husband is much better at it! And will be happy to do it :grin:

7 Likes

He clearly jokes like this with your husband and didnt lmoe he was on bluetooth or he wouldn’t of said it. Let it go. If you really need to demand an apology or tell him you heard that bs and better not hear it again or he might be missing teeth

2 Likes

I am seriously disturbed by the number of people on here saying she’s dragging this out, or boys will be boys. Stop. Just fucking stop. This is not harmless and she is allowed to feel upset about this!

10 Likes

I wouldn’t take this personally. I am sure he meant it as a joke to your husband and really had nothing to do with you liking you are being attracted to you. Seriously. I wouldn’t take it as this guy wants to get in your pants. I think you are personalizing this to much. Unless he hits on you I would let this go. I doubt he knew your 5 year old heard it. And I am sure he did it to give your husband shit not because he was really expecting a sexual favor.

5 Likes

Hell no. Fuck that guy.

I would tell him ".let me ask my husband. If it’s.o.k. with him then it’s fine with me!

Why get uptight about it? Quit arguing with your husband over it. Waste of time to argue.

3 Likes

I would take it as a joke. But my friends and I are like that. I would have said something back like "small objects shouldn’t go in my mouth. " or something stupid :woman_shrugging: that’s just my opinion.

2 Likes

Regardless of what anyone knew or didn’t know. Your husband should have stood up and let his friend know that he was in the car on speaker phone with his wife and 5 year old. That would have given his friend a chance to apologize and make it right. Later when you’re alone you should have asked him why he didn’t speak up. When we speak up this gives someone a chance to mend the relationship and to change future behavior. Not speaking up only creates hurt and feels like someone we are close to is pushing us away

1 Like

Hubs perhaps should have started the convo with, “Hey dude, I’ve got my wife and daughter in the car and you’re on speaker,” and maybe that could have been averted. On the other hand, hubs might need to have a talk with the dude as to what is and is not acceptable behavior/words when speaking to the wife. I’d ask hubs if it would have been appropriate to him if you would have jokingly offered the guy a BJ. If that’s not appropriate, then how is what the guy said appropriate in turn?

And if my husband’s friends didn’t respect him enough to NOT say something like that, they certainly respected ME enough. That crap would not have flown. Period.

What does it matter if it was a joke? Most of you idiots are missing the point. It made her uncomfortable and her husband didn’t back her. That’s the issue not the comment.

2 Likes

Your feelings are valid. That is an inappropriate statement. You can address with your husband and he can talk to his friend

1 Like

What would you do without your husband? Why not just stand up for yourself? :unamused:

Get over it. Men say stupid stuff. Be happy he probably thinks your hott. He said it in front of your hubby soooooo you should have said nope sorry my hubby gives better ones. Kid in the car…ppl without kids sometimes don’t quite get not to say stuff like that in front of them.

its just a joke and your husband is probably used to the comments and just rolls on because no action has ever come of them. my fiance and i’s friends (girls and guys) make comments all the time and we just joke right back. i’d just have been like “hey! thanks, now i gotta explain what that is to a 5 year old!” :rofl: but the comment dirty as it may seem is actually a compliment and i am perfectly fine with my fiance’s friends making those comments cause i feel good about myself cause i know i still got it but also i know no way in hell ima ever want them lol

A real friend wouldn’t make a “joke” like that to another man, even in private.

A real man would beat that “friend” down for that shit.

Just a joke
Build a bridge get over it

Nah see my man would have drove to his house and beat him to an inch of his life. You do not talk like that to ur friends spouse. Idc how close they are. That’s disgusting and disrespectful

2 Likes

Your husband is an idiot.
But it’s not uncommon in the male gender.
He is probably unmarried because of that mouth alone.
Some men stay single because their expectations are too high.
They have a list of what perfect is.
I know so many guys that won’t date a female who don’t do this.
Never asking their selves how many guys has she done this with.:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

My partner would never allow anybody to speak to me like that, whether it was a joke or not, it is totally inappropriate and rude

3 Likes

You should have not gotten mad and right before he hung up you should’ve said: “so are we still on for that blow job? I may just enjoy it” Make your husband understand the gravity of the situation by doing reverse psychology on him lol! or get home and show interest for that friend to where you make your hubby feel uncomfortable. :kissing_closed_eyes:

Just smack him the next time he’s around :rofl:

Is it really worth arguing with your husband for over 6 months about? Most likely he didnt know you and your 5 year old were in the car since he was on bluetooth… if you felt disrespected you shouldn’t have waited on your husband to say anything… hell 6 months later I bet the friend doesnt even remember saying this to him

3 Likes

It is not a hamless insensative comment. It is down right sexural harreasment. Any unwelcome comment even once under " I was just joking" terms is once too many. Your husband needs to support you not his so called friend.

2 Likes

I would have told him right then it was inappropriate, and don’t do it again. Guys think they can do this shit because women defend it. Just look at the comments here 🤦

5 Likes

He clearly crossed a boundary for you. Tell him that and move on. If moving on means only your husband talks to him, then so be it. If your husband didn’t say anything, then id be mad, but if you both have told him “heres the boundary, dont let it happen again” and he apologizes and hasn’t let it happen again, I would just not spend time around him, but your husband is his own person. I know that sucks, but keeping your partner away from a friend is being way controlling. Tell your husband and this man how you feel and then move on. Sorry he said that to you! And with your kid in the car! That’s frustrating.

1 Like

My husband would have checked him!

It was a poorly thought out joke, let it go people sometimes open their mouth without engaging their brain

1 Like

your husband is the problem here…he obviously gives tacit permission for his friends to talk about you like a dockside whore. You need to have the boundaries discussion with him, not the weirdo friend.

4 Likes

Just turn it around say your mouth dosent open much like it used to offer your husband’s mouth instead I would let him know you don’t care for his humor let him know you feel uncoforatble

1 Like

Really!!!Why?He needs to learn how to treat a woman before he gets married and has kids

Your hubby needs to stomp his ass for that comment

My husband would flip out on someone for disrespecting me that way. Hell, he HAS flipped out on some acquaintances who thought it was OK to speak to me or about me in that manner.

And if any female I know ever thinks she can get away with making remarks of that nature, regarding my husband…God help the poor bitch.

It just sounds like “male banter” to me. If it’s bothering you maybe tell your husband to have a word with him about being careful what he says etc or just not making those comments :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

Advice is…your husband is a man and should handle it

6 Likes

Male jokes… Let husband handle it

5 Likes

I would of slapped husband if he said nothing to him when he said that!

2 Likes

Uhm, gross. I’d feel so uncomfortable around him.

5 Likes

My husband would have shut that down. He also doesnt hang out with people who are assholes like that.

6 Likes

Did you guys have a discussion after about the comment? Your hubby obviously knows it bothers you since you’ve continued to argue about it months after so I guess what I would do is tell me hubby straight up how the comment made me feel and what my expectations would have been from him. How long have they been friends for? Can he have a convo with the friend about his comment? Good luck!

2 Likes

If your husband was cool with it then mmmmmm I think your problems are at home. He should’ve shut that shit down asap

2 Likes

:grimacing: I think that’s funny af​:rofl:…sorry. BUT I can see how you would be offended. Men say dumb shit…not excusing him AT ALL. Just sayin.

22 Likes

I woulda bitch slapped both of them. The hubby and his friend

4 Likes

Sounds like she’s uptight. Laugh it off and go about your day. Y’all get offended by the smallest shit. :woman_facepalming:t4:

22 Likes

So did the report get done? :joy::joy:

9 Likes

I would have ripped his friend a new asshole. Guys can be such douchebags

1 Like

Sounds like he just has a crush and or he was jokong around but idk i wasnt there but my husbands friends have done the same and it was a harmless joke and me and my husband just laughed. It depends on how it was said tho and im sure if your husband was worried that something might happen he would have taken care of it

3 Likes

That would irritate me as well. He obviously doesn’t know you well enough to make those jokes, since he doesn’t know that you don’t like them. Say something to him and tell your husband tell him to knock it off. That’s ridiculous and stupid.

2 Likes

Maybe he was saying jokingly and you’ve taken it to heart?? Male banter is much like that but if you don’t like it that’s your choice and you have the right to ask him to stop

5 Likes

If ur husband laughed at it, and was ok then he prob talks like that too. Mayb not around u but with his buddies. It’s prob a joke between them, just the way they speak together. Just tell him not to talk like that around u or ur children.

1 Like

Says alot about your husband’s values

6 Likes

Yeah, some dudes are crude like that. Lol just tell him you dont like it, and quit it, it’s making you uncomfortable.

1 Like

Your husband is most definitely a pussy :thinking: :joy:

3 Likes

Although it’s a joke my boyfriend would flip the fuck out on his friend and kick his ass. Theres times to be serious and times you can joke around and this was something not to make a joke about like that… to me its disrespectful and like I said my boyfriend would of kicked his ass for saying something like that even though the other guy was joking around.

4 Likes

How close are they? Me and my hubby do things like this with our friends so I can’t relate.

7 Likes

First of all, why is he so comfortable say some disrespectful sh*t like that? Second of all, my husband would beat his ass!

6 Likes

Haha okay now this is funny. Have a sense of humor because that’s all it was. Dont take it out of context or be offended. Obviously talk like this happens between your husband and him or he wouldn’t have felt comfortable saying it.

3 Likes

I think it’s freaking hilarious. I would have said fuck off and laughed at both of them…

8 Likes

I would have excitedly agreed, see how husband likes THAT shit.

14 Likes