My husbands mom told him he should divorce me because I do not make his plate: Thoughts?

I would of slap that bitch like how the fuck you raise a man but not teach him to take care of himself if she has a problem she can marry him and make his plate tf

Jimbo here is your husband complaining about this if he isn’t I wouldn’t worry if he is and tell him he would always work 10 or 12 hours ships like I have over the years he can come home and help do a few things around the house too because mom’s got to work 7 days a week 24 hours a day it’s for your in-laws or anybody else they don’t like the way you’re doing it tell them they can step up and do your job or they can sit down shut up and mind their own damn business Jimbo

This is bull***t i mean she has no right to say anything if you and your husband okay with it and he never was bothered that you fix or dont his plate then give zero attention to it.
Next time you go just let her know in a very polite way that thanks for brining it to attention and i would love to fix my husband a plate every time but he is not bothered so why are you ? And tell her you are not required to explain anything you do for your family for you to be a good wife in anyone’s eyes.

I wonder how your husband feels about this?

Tell your MIL to take a long walk off a short peer with that nonsense

1 Like

Does she feel you should br changing his diaper too? What’s wrong with these women who insist their adult kids need to be taken care of?

2 Likes

Tell his mom to make his plate :woman_facepalming:t2:
I swear some of these mother in laws need to learn to mind their own business :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

For us when we are with his family he fix me a plate and when we are with mine I fix his. It works for us.

Lmao!!! I’d be like ok dinosaur!
just don’t do it and go sit down with your feet up somewhere…while they watch in horror :joy:

She should shove it. A lot of families are different! My partner makes my plate for me when he cooks, but he never wants me to make his if I cook and only worry about our kids & I come from a family where some aunts make their husbands plates, some don’t.

Honestly for her to go as far as say for him to divorce you over that, I would be like okay witch; I’ll show you it what it like when I not in your life and go not contact for a while just to be spiteful.

1 Like

I’ll make everyone’s plate if I’m making a certain dish. But any other time everything is just set on the table and it’s serve yourself (except for our kids, we make their plates)

1 Like

I always make my husband’s plate first then I’ll make mine and my daughters at the same time :woman_shrugging:t2: I personally think it’s weird if I see a wife not make her husband’s plate lol but again that’s just me

3 Likes

He’s grown not helpless!

1 Like

I just need more info… does he throw this in your face? Does he agree??

1 Like

I would and did… I dont talk to any of my husbands family that has trash talked me telling him to leave… He has stopped aswell…(weve now been together 24 years). Yall arent just bf/gf… This is a lifetime commitment or should be at least… Does your husband stand up to them?? Fuck em hun… Cut the toxicity from your world… Lifes too short

She can come make his plate if she feels necessary :joy:
I hope your husband told his family they’re crazy.
Personally I do usually make my husband’s plate and my older kids as well but not always and if I heard some shit like this I might never again. Also my husband usually clears my plate with his, rinses them.
Nosey Mama need to be told tho. Geez.

She needs to shut her mouth and mind her business. If your husband is ok with what you “don’t do” then it’s fine.

1 Like

His momma should have fixed him the plate.

I make everyone’s plate… then mine

1 Like

Oh He!! No!! My hubby fixed one kids plate and I fixed the other then we got our own. Now that they are tweens, everyone gets their own darn plate because it’s 2021. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

You take care of your kids, unless he is sick or something, he can make his own

1 Like

MIL needs to get a life, and stay out of yours. He’s a grown man and can serve himself. Lordy, the audacity of this MIL.

3 Likes

Oh my god… how are you not in jail already for murder? Lordt.

Go ahead cut them off.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to join a Monster-In-Law support group on fb :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

He IS an adult, I assume. Why would you fix his plate?

2 Likes

My husbands plate is always made first.

8 Likes

This isn’t the 1950s! If he needs a mama to take care of him, then he can live WITH his mama

6 Likes

I don’t even do that for my husband…

1 Like

If he doesn’t agree don’t worry about it, let her talk her shit. If he agrees you 2 need to sit down with a marriage counselor and work it out because that’s a stupid reason to divorce. I make my kids plates 1st, then his and mine, even if we go out but that’s because I choose to, it’s not a requirement.

I only make the kids and my plate… I say cut them off you’ll be happier

Laughable. Let his mommy make his plate.

Throw that whole family away lol

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of ‘making a plate’ I’m guessing this means dishing a meal up onto his plate?
I cook one meal for my whole family and plate a portion up for everyone no matter the time. My husband often gets home late so can warm his up when he gets in and that way still gets a proper meal. I’m cooking anyway so why wouldn’t I put a bit extra in? He would make a load more washing up AND noise :flushed: making a second meal when he got home and it would probably end up being something quick/convenient and definitely not nutritious! I don’t think it’s right not to cook enough for everyone when you’re already cooking anyway but it’s certainly not a grounds for divorce if that’s the way things work for your household?! Tell MIL to butt out. Unless she’d like to make him a load of meals and stick them in your freezer :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

It’s no one’s business but you and your husband’s.

It’s sad af mom’s teach their sons to be this way!!! Straight yuck!!! Once you got kids it ain’t all about him no more…ok besides once kids are fixed an eating the adults can relax more with their meals…duh!!!

1 Like

Tell her “how about you get your kid’s plate while I get my kids plates” :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face: What a riot lmao.

10 Likes

Let his mommy do it then… :woman_shrugging: That’s freaking ridiculous… Usually whichever of us is cooking will fix the other a plate after we fix the kids’ plates. We fix the kids’ first, so they can cool first… but we don’t always fix each other’s plates either… because we’re grown… We look at it as a kindness to fix one another’s plates… not a marital obligation… Seriously what decade is this??

3 Likes

My husband (ex) cooked, and made our plates. His mom and dad were awesome. Always had my back, and let him know it.

She sounds like a nosy, clingy, monster… Now as for me and mine, when I make dinner I make everybody’s plates, all of the kids and my husband’s. I do that because it’s easier for me, Im already right there, there isn’t a humongous mess from everybody and because I want to. But when my husband makes dinner or meals, he does the same for me and the kids. But if he were to just EXPECT that out of me “as a woman or wife”… nope…

1 Like

YOU should divorce him because of HIS MOTHER :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

27 Likes

Brett Kirkland​:joy::joy: bye bye boy

1 Like

I would actually give a long side eye to whoever passed this information along to you. Because they should have checked the mom right then and there, so they would have nothing to pass on to you. The fact that they didn’t, and then told you about it, means they also feel his mama’s theory has some credence. Check them first. The mama can wait.

4 Likes

I got this attitude and mentality from my dad and step mother. Old fashion. Although I did serve my ex’s plate and fed my daughter while all three of them ate. After they would all go to living and relax with dessert and I would finally get to eat by myself in the dining room. While watching my daughter and if she happened to go potty I would ask my ex husband to change her diaper and he would. Becuz I had the audacity to ask him to care for her while I eat, my dad and step mom would talk shit about me. It got worse, apparently if my ex would treat me bad he doesn’t have to respect me and my dad and step mom would not confront him with any of his bad behavior. I learned later my ex was playing victim and The shit talking continued and so I cut ties. These people are stuck in their ways! :roll_eyes:U can tell them how old fashion they are but that would not make a difference since they already made their opinion bout u.
It’s called teamwork. When u have kids it’s more difficult to give everyone everything at the same time.
I always serve my fiancé 1st and try to serve the food when it’s hot. My older kids and fiancé help so I can actually eat with everyone now. It’s the culture to serve the food for your husband and it represents superior acts of service. His mother just wants to make sure her son is being taken care of at home and with culture they believe men shouldn’t have to lift a finger and should eat before the kids or at least start eating prior Becuz they are the head of the household. In some cultures men eat by themselves and eat first. His mother is taking it too far.

As long as ur husband knows that u love him and are doing ur best that is all u need. Your husband needs to stand up to his mother and tell her to mind her own biz.
Meanwhile what we do In Our home most of the time is my fiancé and I eat outside on deck or in our room and the kids eat at the table. Or my fiancé feeds baby while I’m still cooking that way we can eat together. At family gatherings and at home I serve him first. If the dinner table is set as buffet, I still prepare his plate. It’s not Becuz he can’t do it himself, it’s more so the acts of service his love language.

At my family gatherings. I make my own and my son’s. My boyfriend gets up with me to make his own. Even tho I know what he wants on his plate. He decides to make his own. Same goes for when we go to his family’s. I make my own. He makes his own.

1 Like

Hahaha this is funny, I would just laughed in my husband’s face if he thought I should be the one to make his plate everyday. I do it if I feel like being nice that day or not, but I have to make 3 other plates for my children. So if I have to make one for my husband too that must mean he’s a child as well and they should probably grow up.

6 Likes

Oh hell naw
Bitches be trippin
He’s grown and she ain’t his mama

Is he paralyzed? If not he can make his plate. Your MIL is old fashioned, like 3 generations back. My Mom & aunt’s never made their husbands plates. They’d all be between 80-100 today.

7 Likes

I actually make my boyfriends and my children’s plate but I do it because I want to. Lol if him or anyone else told me it was my duty. They could kiss my ass lol and he would begin making his own plate.

First of my man better tell his mom to stfu & if he doesnt fuck them both this isn’t is 1900’s he is grown and can make his own fuckin plate ignorant noisy ppl

You are NOT your husband Slave. You are his equal. He should be preparing one child’s plate while you take care of the other child’s plate. Tell him to get off his arz and do his part as a Dad.should .

3 Likes

If your husband is okay with how things are done it’s nobody else’s business including his mother who feels her son should be catered to. Sometimes I will get my husbands plate and sometimes not but he does the same for me but it’s not expected that I/he do that because we are capable adults

1 Like

I sure would cut him off! I wonder What people think when my husband makes my plate and my girls are adults now he enjoys making my plate he tells me so! Sometimes he even cuts up my meat i always tell him I can do it but he does it anyway! We have been marriez 43 years this December

Pretty sure my husband’s family hasn’t liked me from day 1. I dont let it bother me.

What does your husband say? I make my husbands plate when I cook since I just make all the plates together? But forcefully? No. My husband makes my plate also when he cooks. I didn’t know it was that big of a deal. Lol. People are stupid.

1 Like

Haha maybe at the next get together you should make his plate cut up his food and proceed to feed him :joy: :joy: and when your mother in law shoots you a look ask her if she could please take care of the kids !!! I’m in your corner!!! :wink::roll_eyes:

9 Likes

You are so right. Marriage is a 2 way street

1 Like

You’re husband needs to put his mom in her place… across the room with her nose not in y’alls business! If he agrees with her that u should make his plate, tell them both to stick their plates up their ass. Tell him you want a man, not an extra child

My MIL doesn’t like me too :woman_shrugging:t3: but I knew I wasn’t marrying a mama’s boy because he always takes up for me. That’s probably the reason she doesn’t like me because I am above her lol. It shouldn’t effect your marriage though

2 Likes

I’m laws suck sometimes, just keep doing u!

That is utterly ridiculous. Your mother-in-law should be ashamed of herself for thinking that let alone saying it.

Dealt with something similar for 10 years. He never stood up for when his family would say things. He even went as far to say that he would never come in between his family and I if we ever did fight. Never missed any of his family gatherings and I was always busy with the kids while he got to enjoy his time with family. He never lifted a finger. My family gatherings my family would help me, feed the kids, change them, play with them so I could actually enjoy the occasion while he sat on the cough doing nothing. He and I both worked, everything was 50/50, EXCEPT when it came to house work, cooking, cleaning, or the kids. I did it all on top of working and going to school. His family always had something to say. It finally got to the point I stopped going over to their family functions. He tried taking the kids by himself and realized how he can’t handle it and his family didn’t help him so he didn’t enjoy the gathers as much. He then stopped going too but would lie and say I took the family car to work and he didn’t feel safe taking the kids in his single cab truck. I got upset and told him to stop telling these lies because it only made matters worse for me. I ended up ending our relationship all together because of his family and him the way they treated me. I did more than enough for him and his family. Every birthday and Christmas I made sure all his sisters, parents, and grandparents got gifts. He never even cared enough to buy them anything. Mothera day, fathers day, I bought his parents stuff or planned dinner for them. And they would only thank him. Before me he never did anything for them. I didn’t do it for the praise, but it would have been nice to have been acknowledged for my efforts. Instead I was put down when I forgot to help him pack the diaper bag when I was a work and he forgot something the kids needed. Or I was questioned why I would got back to school when I have 2 small children I need to raise. Done with all that drama.

2 Likes

We have an unspoken agreement, if he’s making the kids plates,I’ll get him his. But if I’m getting the kids, he makes mine for me.

1 Like

tell his mother she should do it

Pick your battles this one is not worth your time. If your husband can’t see what a gem you are and not willing to stand up for you then you deserve better. Stay strong and keep being a awesome mother and wife remember you married your husband not your in-laws.

Tell his mother to get her t it out of your husbands mouth! She wants him back under her skirt tail. Sometimes you just have to clear the air!

Omg I hate when people do this yes I was raised to make my mand plate but he’s capable of doing it his self you are not a bad wife I don’t make my man’s plate hell I don’t ever eat I don’t have time I cook dinner and everything I feed my 3 girls make there plates we kinda have a rule if I do the cooking he’s going to do the dishes I fix the kids he fixes his hell he will be nice and bring me mine because he know by the end of the day I could care less because I’m overwhelmed I have have 3 autistic children

1 Like

I always make my kids plates first. And then offer to make his, to which he usually declines. He’s a grown ass man, he can make his own plate, tell him mom he’s not a baby anymore.

Oh yes my friend the age old story of the husbands family especially if your from European decent… haha been there done that. And have the pots and pans to go with it lol. Why on earth would you think they didn’t talk behind your back, that’s a give in and they only way it might get better is if your husband stands up to them. And except him not to so just let it slide off your back and please you and your kids and hopefully it won’t get passed on from you to your children ( the same behaviour I mean) :v:

I always make my husbands plate, but that’s my choice. I just had back surgery, so now he makes mine. Marriage is a 2 way street. I take care of him he takes care of me. When the kids were little he usually would help them with their plates.

I made my husband’s plate and did all the household duties. I showed his mom evidence of the affair he had. She told me it was because I was a “shitty wife” does any of it really matter when its about their precious son? :thinking:

1 Like

He should help you make all the plates

1 Like

Tell your in laws to mind their own business!!! Tell your husband you’ll get him a plate while he makes the kids one!!

2 Likes

Wipe the dust from your shoes. And dont look back

1 Like

He is a grown man. I’m sure he is more than capable of making his own plate. Ignore his mom she sounds like she has to much time on her hands.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t hold my tongue at ALL, I would tell that bitch straight UP, You are his WIFE,Not HIS Mommy, You are taking care of the children you gave birth to, if Her child still requires his plate be made for him, She is HIS mommy thats Her JOB!

This is an old fashioned thing! My great grandmother always said serve your man! My how times have changed!

Tell his mommy to make it for him if she’s so concerned about it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Next time hand her 2 plates and say “here u get your grandkids their plate ready so I can feed your son.”

7 Likes

Your MIL is nuts, ignore it.

2 Likes

I say don’t worry about what his family says. If he is still with you, he apparently does not listen to them either. Just keep doing what you are doing.

To be honest, I’d have to think “well… divorce me then.”

1 Like

Going to cut his meat too?!

1 Like

The only time I make my husband’s plate is during the week. When he gets home to late from work, I just me it and put it in the microwave, so it’s easier for him to warm up. And so he’s not make a mess of my clean kitchen. Lol

1 Like

I got the same thing from my husband’s gma. So annoying.

1 Like

I would be telling momma In law to go fuck herself and take her overgrown man child with her

Maybe it’s a cultural thing for them?
My mom, grandma and aunties would shame the hell out of me if I didn’t make my husbands plate.
According to them that’s what women are supposed to do and if I don’t I’m disgracing myself as a wife and mother.

3 Likes

My husband has always made is own plate

1 Like

Shoot, my husband asked me NOT to make his plate when we go to my in laws house. I’m assuming he didn’t want his mom to see he’s doing things differently than them (getting their own plates). But, that didn’t last long. However, he has NO problem making his own plate if I’m busy with other things, and nobody that I know of has looked down on me for it. Now my ex’s mom? Yeah, she would’ve jumped right up and got his plate for him if I didn’t do it fast enough for her liking. I also don’t have two toddlers right now, but there are 3 boys super close in age when we’re all together and I often get their plates ready to cool before everyone else eats. So… its old fashioned thinking and you’re not wrong for being upset at all, you are VALID mama. I’d just talk to your husband and ask him how he feels about it.

He’s a big boy. He can make his own or have his mommy make it for him. Your husband should have your back and stand up for you in a respectful way. If he can’t do that over this, he never will over other things.

So true Shawna. They are an adult and can fill their own plate❤️

Lmao are they Messican…? Mexican women are all about making those man plates…

Nope you are not a bad wife he should be helping you with your toddlers :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

So you have twin toddlers and one older son? :joy::rofl: next time make his plate, cut it up and feed it to him airplane style with sound effects :airplane: Maybe they’ll get the point but that just me :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_mage:t3:

17 Likes

Let your husband make the kids’ plate while you make his. Maybe then they’ll shut up and mind their own business.

So out of touch and out of date

1 Like

Make his plate how old is he?? he should also be helping u make kids plates if more then one u r his mate not maid

2 Likes

Throw the mother in law away, I help with my youngest to get his plate my older step son dishes himself up, and my husband dishes himself up, I’m not his maid/mom. She sounds like a piece of work call her out on her shit to shut her up.

1 Like

Fuck her and his plate

He’s a grown ass man I make my man his plate but not everyday and my kids will most definitely be getting their plates first and he’s ok with that I married him not him mama