My MIL invited my SO over but not me or the kids: Advice?

What does he want to do? Does he want to go?

Why would y’all be in the car and not inside the home?

Gotta love mother in laws. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Welp! I see why yall don’t speak to or see her. BUT it’s his mom. Let him go​:woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4: no harm no foul…she’s missing out at the end of the day.

1 Like

What does SO stand for please ?

I would leave it up to him, it’s his mother :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

How about he tell his mama if my fiancée and kids can’t come then I ain’t coming either :woman_shrugging:t2: she sounds like she’s something else :smirk::smirk::smirk:

2 Likes

They are out there!!! Vicious and self centered!!!

Let him go and see his family. You don’t need to be included in everything :roll_eyes:

Just let him stop by for a little bit

I’m I thick? What’s SO?

Yea if they are like that be happy that ur not even invited there fuck them off its up to him if he goes or not

Thats rude and he needs to speak up.

Did he go I’d be mad I really hope he wouldn’t go without u knowing how rude she is

I’d be fine with it if they had invited the kids too…but this is just childish :disappointed:

That’s his mom. You can’t change her. Let him go. You stay behind.

Uhhhh—- that’s a big hell no. Either you get me and my family, or none of us. It’s a package deal.

I’d say they need to talk to him about something x

If your fiancé puts you and your children as priority, that would be an issue for him and he should decline. Or, he’ll ask you if you’d like for him to go and whatever you say goes. Either way, I pray it doesn’t cause problems between you two.

1 Like

If my so and children are not welcome I’m not going :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

That would make me soo angry!

Haley Rogerson sounds like someone else has a special MIL lol.

1 Like

Sounds like something you and your SO need to discuss

To me either the mil accepts all of you or none of you y’all a package deal !!

My mil ain’t nothing & her son knows it to that’s why he’s cut her off

1 Like

By your note I assume you and the kids wait in the car when you go there. I would not want my grandkids waiting in the car. That hurts her just as much. Be the bigger person and ask her to meet the two of you for coffee. In neutral territory. Talk it out. You may fi d she is hurting too.

what does SO stand for, is he your husband, boyfriend or what.

It’s her son, stay out of it

If you don’t speak to nor see them and they sent a text, maybe he still speaks to them. He should never have to choose sides.

Are the children his children also

Misery loves company dont entertain that woman for a second. Her loss. For your husband let him go see her and talk about you the whole time.

If ur not married then shes not ur mil she’s his mum if the kids are urs and not his .then she won’t have a bond with them.and won’t want to see them .what’s it to u if he goes alone…??

I mean, my brother is welcome at my moms, his wife isnt. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Why do you awkwardly wait In the car lol

“The MIL, which we do not speak to or see…” Kinda sounds like it shouldnt matter since you arent exactly close. They probably should have included his children if they didnt want you specifically for whatever reason

Get away from him now if he can’t stand up for you

That’s one for the books. Maybe he needs to stand up for you and your kids!

1 Like

Did he go ? I know I wouldn’t have gone if my mother invited just me and my hubby and kids were told not to come.

Why would you be waiting in the car for him? You can’t go inside with the kids ??

I had to read through the comments to figure out SO.

Would it matter any other day?

Just continue to be courteous… they will see their wrong in the end…

Honestly, just depends on what your partners reaction to that is… Like you gonna let family disrespect your spouse and kids, in my opinion fuck that

17 Likes

If you/kids don’t speak to or see her, does he still see and speak to her? Or did she randomly ask him to come over after not talking to him for years? I don’t think I can offer advice without knowing the relationship you all have. Either way, I would want to see my grand babies, I don’t care what problems I have with anyone else in the family.

4 Likes

There are too many unknowns in this situation for anyone to give good advice.

If it were me though, I would encourage him to connect with his mom. Regardless of yours and her issues he will only ever have one mom.

2 Likes

He’s a grown arse adult, let HIM make the decision but don’t vilify him for whatever choice he makes 🤷 my ‘MIL’ is a grade A cunt but I’ve never told her son that he can or can’t see her that’s always been his choice…

1 Like

This is why mine got cut off completely lack of respect she was a shit mom and even a shitter grandmother but only to my hubby and kids. Her other kids r gold and do no wrong

Let him go see his family, if you have beef with the in-laws then either fix it or stfu. My SIL is a knuckle dragging swamp cunt and made my twin brother choose between her dumb ass and his family, we haven’t spoken in over a year and when we run into them at the store my brother waves, behind her back, at us. Don’t make a man choose between the kids and your insecure ass over his momma. You won’t like it when your kids end up doing it to you.

The one that said cunt listen if she just invited him alone for Christmas and didn’t want to see his family he should respect his finances and decline .if his mother want to make piece the two woman she air out there different.when there are grandchildren involved

Why the hell would u go and sit in his car with the kids anyways if u no she don’t want u there lmao who dose that shit unless u a jealous bitch

1 Like

With what’s going on they may be being causious you sound a. Bit bitter

My ex MIL did that. My ex husband said it was all of us or none of us.

1 Like

I had a similar experience. Went to mil house and mil went off on me I had scratches all over the back of my neck from her pulling my hair. And bruises on my legs from her pushing me up against the car. Of course I’m not going to defend myself. She’s 68 yrs old. Too me that’s like hitting a child. So I put my hands behind my back and let her hit me in front of my kids. Finally when I got in the car and trying to leave she kept it up so my hubby got out of the car and pushed her (not hard but enough to get her off of me.) We left. My kids saw the whole thing. One was crying, the other one talked about it for a month about “if he ever sees grandma again he’s going to punch her in the face” my advice is. That’s your significant others mother let him see her you don’t have to like her. I don’t mine. But his mother isn’t going to be around forever. And you don’t want him to resent you. So I had too just put my feelings in check. I know it hurts but she’s missing out. Me and my mil use to be bf. She snapped one day. Screaming stuff that didn’t make sense. That I took her baby boy away from her… he’s not the baby in the family. So I try to take that in too consideration

This one is tricky with so many pieces from the picture missing, but over all, I’d say it’s never wise to come between your man and his family just as it’s never wise to be controlling of the friends he keeps. You have to trust your partner to make the proper judgment for himself, and he’s allowed to have relationships with others outside of your own. It’s very hurtful to you to be purposefully excluded and he should care about you enough to weigh that into consideration.

And why doesn’t she want you there? Is waiting in the car a typical thing or was that her random way to throw in there not to bring you because you weren’t welcome? And I don’t think whether or not the children are his is relevant at all, because if she’s not including them, she’s just a bitch either way. One would need to know the back story to really make a full judgment on who is in the wrong here.

I put up with so much BS from my own monster-in-law for years and never did a thing about it until I knew my husband was on the same exact page as me that cutting ties was necessary to protect our family, because I knew if he wasn’t, it would just come back to bite me in the ass and he’d resent me if I did things differently. You have to be mindful of how the way you handle conflict with your significant other’s family will spill over onto your own relationship with your significant other.

Eww, he shouldn’t go.

Growing up has never come the easier way. It comes with lots of challenges like lost marriages, lost love, financial and job problems and so many more, but still there has always been a solution to every challenges that we face in life. Life has been so difficult for me these past few months and I had given up on myself knowing that I will not find love or true happiness again. Two months ago I found out I was pregnant and I was so happy and excited to have my own baby and I didn’t even call my boyfriend. I just wanted to take the results to him and show him face to face and share the good news together. But when I reached his flat I saw his car parked outside and knew he was home so I went straight to his room. When I knocked, he allowed me to enter because he wasn’t expecting me at the time, but when i opened the door I nearly fainted because I caught him ready handed with another woman in his house. I looked at them and closed the door and ran away, he followed me saying his sorry and the woman is just a friend and nothing else but I knew he was lying and I walked away. I reached home and cried a lot until i told my best friend everything and she told me to fight for my man and not loose him to another woman. She gave me Sir Marere contact +2348109805184 email is: marerespells@gmail. com and told me Sir Marere will bring back my boyfriend to me and love only me. So i contacted Sir Marere and told her everything, he made a love and binding prayers for me and in 1 day of the prayers my boyfriend came to me with that woman I saw him with and knelt down and begged for my forgiveness and told the woman that am the love of his life and he doesn’t ever want to see her again. The woman walked away and that evening my man came back with a baked cake and gifts and flowers and asked for my forgiveness again and promised never to hurt me again and I told him that we are having a baby, he cried and smiled with joy and happiness. We are back together and so much in love and waiting for our baby to arrive. Thanks so much Sir Marere your prayers indeed work. You can call or whats-app Sir marere on +2348109805184 Email: marerespells@gmail. com incase you are passing through the same situation. Don’t be discouraged by what people may tell you that even don’t know the situation you are going through, all that matters are the results so feel free to contact him.

Wow, that’s just rude.

oh great, the in-laws are at it again

Sounds like my MIL lol.

Tell us the whole story.

1 Like

Been there… awkward!

She might be dying and want to tell him alone.

Hehehe one could wish right…
Kidding kidding :joy:

I get mean when grandparents don’t want to see the grandkids. They are just babies they don’t need that kind of hurt.

2 Likes

What the kids do?:woman_shrugging:t6::disappointed_relieved:

Let him go and enjoy

1 Like

Girl! I am going through this right now!! Woooooooooo i feel this​:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I hope he chose you and his kids

So many different reasons, she wants to talk to him 1st about something important, she’s being childish, did anything happen to cause this rift? If she liked his previous gf more, tell her you’re not her! And never will be.
But whatever the case.
TALK!!! JEESH!!! DIDN’T THIS PANDEMIC TEACH US SOMETHING?! AT LEAST FIND OUT & MOVE ON, POOR KIDS!!! THEY’LL THINK IT’S NORMAL

3 Likes

Well providing you and she have not had bad blood between you, then it’s your fiances responsibility to inform her you are a family. That said perhaps she has gifts for the kids and wanted his input first?

3 Likes

i wouldn’t want to go if y’all aren’t closed. he can and shall have a relationship with his mother regardless. it’s sad she didn’t want to see the children but it maybe nothing towards them. but he knows his wife and kids come first and she as his mother should respect that.

i wouldn’t have a issue with my husband spending time with his mother.

2 Likes

I mean. Look you two don’t like each other so it’s expected that she wouldn’t want to see you. It’s sad she doesn’t want to see her grandkids. But that is still his mom and if he wants a relationship with her then why you try to stop that?

6 Likes

Hell no he needs to shine up his spine and refuse as hes part of a family now and therefore a unit! Invites excluding any part of that unit r politely but firmly declined.

Why should it matter if you don’t speak to or have a relationship with this woman? I’m positive that you probably don’t want the kids around her for whatever reason. You can’t be content without a relationship but then feel offended when you’re not invited or included in anything. So, you can’t have it both ways.

11 Likes

It might be a private conversation that she wants to have with her son that isn’t rushed by somebody waiting for him in the car. I don’t see the issue here. It’s unfortunate that there is bad blood, but it’s not unheard of for mothers to want to fix broken relationships with their children.

4 Likes

I hated going to my in-laws. We didn’t like each other but I and my kids were always invited. I’d beg to stay home because I wanted everyone to enjoy the holidays but my ex didn’t want anyone to think badly if I didn’t go. Made absolutely no sense. Now I finally got rid of him and never have to put up with any of them ever again. Btw, I did finally say eff u and ur family, I’m not going anymore.

4 Likes

So what if she’s invited him over? Could be for many reasons. End of the day because you don’t get on doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have a relationship with his mother. Life’s to short to fall out. Heaven forbid if anything ever happened to his mother he would regret not having that relationship with her. If covid hasn’t taught us all something… life’s to short, cherish family members maybe u could all put your differences aside and make things easier for your husbands sake.

What kind of man would leave his family waiting in the car?

3 Likes

This sounds like maybe your SO is not the kids biological father. There’s not really enough information to figure out anything or give advice. May his mom just wants to spend time with her son.

3 Likes

Well if you guys don’t speak, I guess I wouldn’t expect her to invite you & if you always wait in the car when he stops over, I can understand her saying that.

27 Likes

To me sounds like, you and your fiance need to have a conversation about this situation, not a row or arguement. You are together, I understand you have children also. If you and mil don’t get on, she is still a grandparent , if she doesn’t want to see her grand children, that’s one issue, if she doesn’t want to see you, that’s issue 2, her son needs to decide if those two issues , …does he agree or disagree with his mother’s views, or whether he needs to put your needs first. Of course he has a relationship with her, he needs to arrange a time with her, but not to the detriment,of your s and his relationship, and the kids. As you are going to marry, surely in that situation ,the needs of his future family, has priority.

You say “we” do not speak too. Did they want to see him maybe thinking to patch things up with their son first before having all y’all over? Knowing the reason for the falling out would provide you better responses.

11 Likes

No context here whatsoever. How old is MIL? Does she have underlying medical issues? You do realise we’re in a global pandemic?

3 Likes

It’s one thing to not wanna see you… but her own grandchildren? That’s fuccckkkeddd. And if he was any man he would stand up and say absolutely not. Again- I could see you not going bc you don’t get along but once she brought the kids into it. That’s a different story. He shouldn’t allow that.

7 Likes

Nope. Absolutely TF not. She can take a long hike off a short cliff, into a volcano :grin::volcano:

11 Likes

Is he close to his mom? Was it a bad falling out for everyone? He should personally be putting his foot down and sticking up for you and his own little family. My husband wouldn’t go but that is because they don’t see eye to eye either.

2 Likes

I went thru this before. We’re no longer together… Mother in laws from hell. Only he can’t speak up and defend you. That’s the only way his nother will change is if he sticks by you

Well, since you and the kids usually wait in the car, why are you complaining? There is obviously a reason your involved in some sort of drama with them. I wouldn’t invite you over either. Quit coming between your SO and their parents.

If you don’t speak to her why would you want to go anyway? BUT…one would think she would want to see her grandkids

5 Likes

Concentrate on your kids and do something fun. If it’s not a daily thing then let it go. If she doesn’t want to talk to you or see the kids then good riddance

2 Likes

That’s seriously fucked up. Hope he doesnt go

And if she invited you over, we’d be reading something about “how can I keep my cool around my MIL who doesn’t like me” Grow a pair but she could’ve invited the kids tho

Strange question :raising_hand_woman:t3: but why do you go with your SO to his moms if you’re going to sit in the car?
That sounds extremely childish and manipulative… Just because you two don’t get along, does not mean he can’t have a relationship with her…

1 Like

Maybe they are socially distancing

You gonna be in for a miserable ride in marriage if he caters to his mom like that. Its only gonna get even more miserable after marriage.

15 Likes

I have a mil like that

Life is too short for bullshit. Y’all need to get over it and move on. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone…Pass the word

I’m sorry but if my mother didn’t want a relationship with my kids then she wouldn’t have a relationship with me . Fuck that there a part of me . That shits petty. Nope . I’d be like y’all can’t sqaush it for my sake n ya own grand babies . Then we have not a damn thing to speak
On simple

1 Like

God bless America lucky winners still giving out a payment of $1500 to $3400 to the first 30 people to comment CASH just like we did yesterday. The offer starts now

Sounds like something my MIL would say. I absolutely hate her. She pretends like I don’t exist and also only invites my husband and our son over. Sorry, not happening bitch lol

Well… covid so yea

1 Like

Let him Go. Your not his mother.

3 Likes

Okay that is so odd! Why wouldn’t she want to see her grandchildren?? I wouldn’t personally care if she wanted to see me or not but for the kids sake I would be mad.

2 Likes