My Mother-In-Law Comes Over Every Single Day & I'm Losing It: Advice?

I am that Mom. I would totally respect my daughter in law if she came to me with her feelings. Follow your heart and whatever scenario gives you the most peace gocwith that

7 Likes

Hahahah I can’t help with that I have lived with mine for 13 years and I think I will be disappointed if i moved and she didn’t come :sweat_smile:

Better speak up. If hubby don’t say anything to then you should

Be thankful and grateful that she cares to share life with you and the family! Some ppl yearn for this so stay positive! Have her watch the kids and go out with husband for some time away! I’m sure the kids love having their grandma there!

How old is she? Maybe she’s just lonely, maybe she needs a hobby.

Just tell her come.puck up kids so you can go o1 a date. Beat her to it lol

1 Like

Tell your husband to ask his mom to give y’all a heads up before coming. And once in a while maybe ask him to ask her not to. It’ll be perceived better coming from him.

I would say something or start having your parents come over everyday

I would have a discussion with her son about how it makes you feel.

Use the time she is around to go on dates with hubby, travel!

Maybe you should have set boundaries from the beginning.

Pray about it
Because your husband has to be the one to tell her not you. He has the responsibility of dealing with his side of the family and you with yours.
You have to come up with what limitations you want definitely though and when he talks to her about it is the decision tbat you both made or she will have an attitude toward to afterward.
You both have to be on board for this as mutual respect for your spouse. Make it clear that you are trying to correct this problem before you resentful toward her and him for what seems inconsiderate and disrepect to you.
Even though it is no big deal to him. It is for you and that does matter.
Maybe she should call first.

1 Like

If my daughter in law said something to me. all hell would break loose

Is mom lonely. Is the dad there. If dad is around talk to him. If not talk very gently to her. Explain youd like some free time. Gently

Why does she come by every day? Is she lonely? Does she want to be included?

?you look it like she is there for u but in her heart you are there for her look at it that way

I would suck it up… they’re not going to be around for too long… and I’m sure she’s a big helps round the house and kids.

Get you need alone time. But would love a mother in law let alone mother. Myself I never had a G’ma. So grateful I am a G’ma to all my grandchildren. Making memories is important. But so is alone time. Leave kids with her. While you and hubby have date nights :relaxed:

One day she wont be on this earth to visit at all so keep that in mind as you clinch your teeth and fists wanting her to piss off.

Suck it up. Life is short. When she is gone and you want her over she will not be there.

Arrange some last minute outings. She will eventually get the message.

Don’t make a mountain out of mole hill, pick your issues!

1 Like

Perhaps u could ask her to take the kids to her house once a week or something

Don’t forget Karma,you will be a mother-in-law too someday,can’t believe some of you girls nowadays,

Your husband needs to put his big boy panties on and cut the cord!

Suck it up
Your kids are watching,they already know how to treat you once you are in your mom in laws place

You need to put your home on the market and move away. Someplace far away and tell your husband to Man Up.

Leave her home with your kids and you go out with your hubby. Make it frequent :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I wonder if she’s lonely or depressed? Is she married?

Tell her you guys have plans start locking door make it look like noone is home

My mil lives in California, we are in Texas and I would love for her to visit everyday. Since my mom passed I would do anything to have a mom right now.

4 Likes

Please allow your Husband and children to enjoy her while she is here because it hurts like hell when a mother is loss😭

Omg I would die!!! You need to put up boundaries.

Maybe try telling her its not okay to rock up unannounced and talk to her about only comimg once a week or 2 times a week?

Boundaries hun. It’s okay to ask her for some time alone with your family. Tell her to ask or call first before showing up. I have respectfully asked for the same. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! Tell her is help is needed or wanted or if the kids want to see her and you are okay with a visit then she will be invited or asked to come over or have set days that are for family time only and keep her posted on that as well. No shame in that at all

My question for you how would you feel if it was your mother and not his would that be alright with you?

Turn off all lights. Change door locks. Hide upstairs. Oh hide your cars too. Sorry this is all I can think of

302 her. She’ll leave you alone for a while lol

Would u feel that way if it was your mom??

LEAVE! Go out and get some “me time”!!!

I would have a dicussion and find a middle ground!

Is your father in law still around? Does she live alone??

Get on reddit and look at the subreddit r/justnomil. You have to first set boundaries with ur husband and then make him enforce them with ur mil.

Your husband needs to respect your feelings. He should ask his mom to wait for an invitation.

Offer him booty all over the house to keep her away. He cant get booty if shes there, right?

1 Like

Suck it up…your children get to bond with grandma.

When she shows up at your house leave and go to her house

My hubby’s parents live with us :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: there are times I wanna run away but I get along with them better than my own mother :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

You have to say something or it’s just gonna eat at you

Move to another place … another state or another town, or just grab your second wind and stand your ground !

Be glad that yours even comes over. Mine rarely comes around. Maybe once a month if that.

Why are people sharing this?

God what I would do to have your problem. My mother in law passed a few years and I miss everything about her.

2 Likes

A yes it your foot down that is your house

Just tell her that you love her and enjoy her company but sometimes you would like to have your house to yourself with just your husband and kids . plain and simple if she dont like it that’s her own problem

Change the locks. Lock the door. Don’t let her in. :woman_shrugging: she will figure it out

2 Likes

Every mother love his/her child maybe she feels lonely and want to be around u guys it’s a blessing… If she was ur mommy n ur hubby asked u to limit ur mum visits it ll break ur heart same for him… once our elders closed there eyes it’s a big loss today she’s coming round in the future you might be in her shoes… I live with my father-in-law and it’s a blessing I loved it… all the best

1 Like

Lmao start giving him the best head ever and he’ll want more time w out his mom there. Tell him the less she there the freakier it gets :woman_shrugging:t3::joy:

11 Likes

Let me tell you something,you love her child,You should love her more than you love your husband,she gave her life for his son,of course she wants to see her grandkids and her son,I’m sorry for saying this but how you feel if your sister in law doesn’t respect your mother and love her.You need to chill and respect her.She deserve everything,ALL MOTHERS IN THIS WORLD DESERVE EVERYTHING.Peace✌🏻

Sounds like Everybody Loves Raymond!

2 Likes

Enjoy her company, it’s a blessing and she will not be around forever. Let her enjoy her grandkids. She obviously loves you or she would not be there as much.

Be grateful he has a good relationship with his momma… makes a big difference in a man

Be greatful she is around and loves to be around and help i would give anything to have my mother-in-law back and for my kids to have a grandma

Girl… count yourself lucky. Go do and take some time for yourself, your husband, go on dates, get a job, do things you like. Appreciate her, So many of us are exhausted and wish someone who we love and trust can watch our kids,

If u say u love her then Wats the problem :sweat_smile: not like she gna b round forever, enjoy the time u have with her I say.

1 Like

Reminds me of everybody loves raymond

1 Like

Just be honest with her no point lying to tell the truth but you need your space

1 Like

I’d be thankful if my mother n law and I could get along lol I have no family that comes over and I wish we had family that comes around at least she cares :+1::two_hearts:

Have your husband tell her y’all need some family time.

1 Like

Yep I hate that too, I think you should talk to your husband about it

1 Like

It’s the opposite at my house, I’m ALWAYS at my in laws, more than my husband actually :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

You are one lucky lady. Too bad you don’t see it that way.

1 Like

give your moher in law cooking and cleaning to do.
and ask her to knit .
bet you she will start making excuses she is to busy to visit .
ha ha

Read the book boundaries with your husband and set some!

Um just tell her???:woman_shrugging:t2: I’m sure she’d respect you a lot more for having you’re own voice.

go out and when she comes over she will be confused :woman_shrugging:t2: but that could be my own hormones lol

Talk with her like a friend! She must love you or she wouldn’t be there

Bet she doesn’t complain about the hours she is probably babysitting for her😜 for free…lol!

Girl! Take your husband and have a get-a-way night once a week! I’m sure your MIL would love to watch the kids :wink:

If she doesn’t have a key, it could be worse. Count your blessings.

Okay is so nice good husband and me too

Enjoy her and let your kids enjoy her, someday she will leave and never come back!

Treasure your time with her, lost my mother-in-law unexpectedly

I would go bat sht crazy…I don’t even get alone time with my husband without him on his cell phone I can’t imagine ppl coming every day…HELL NO

Need to spend the time with her, she’s not always going to be around

How about grow up? She won’t be here forever and when she passes you’ll miss her coming over everyday if you love her like you say you do. What’s wrong with your husband being a Mama’s boy? I hope my son is a Mama’s boy. I bet she’s lonely. What’s her life like? My mother lives in her own house on our property literally 50 feet from my door. My husband knows I’m a “Mama’s girl” and doesn’t give a crap that she is here all day every day because he loves me and I would be sad if I didn’t hang out with her everyday. Shes also my son’s bff. Wait until that’s you and your daughter or son’s husband or wife says the same about you. Well all be that mother in law one day.

4 Likes

She won’t be around forever let her enjoy her grandkids

Don’t worry, one day she will be gone forever…

Remember one day, you will be the grandma. She’s probably lonely.

I wish I had that problem
I miss my mother in law
So much
Just love her

Sounds like that show. Everybody loves Raymond. Lol

Just communicate and set up time for just family and then time for her to come over just let her k ow it doesn’t have to be hateful and im sure she’ll understand

She sounds like marie from everybody loves Raymond. Poor you.:confused::confused:

You need to be upfront with your husband. You need to let him know you’d like your own space since that’s his mother. It won’t be as awkward on your telling her straight up than your husband since, well, that’s his mother and he should tell her lol. But if you’re saying that he can’t tell her, then you still need to talk to your husband about this alone. And when you and your mil are alone and she’s about to leave, just politely say do you mind if we have you over on (so and so day) instead of saying oh I’ll see you tomorrow! And if she says I’ll see you tomorrow then simply say if you don’t mind I just want a little break. If your husband won’t put his foot down then you need to. Or else you will be living in misery.

7 Likes

Talk to your husband… you don’t say anything to her it will upset her. It has to come from him.

Sounds like Marie from Everybody loves Raymond

Suck it up buttercup. One day you will wish she was still entertained by your family. :sleepy::wink::innocent:

Maybe go and visit her at her house :two_hearts: switch it up :blush:

I would love to have my mother-in-law and my mother with me. Count your blessings a lot of us would be so happy

just start to b realllllllly annoying lol. maybe then she will need some time away.