My mother in law is worried CPS will show up because my son fell off the bed

If the hospital was concerned they would have called. Unless someone else calls on you, no. Falling off the bed is completely normal. My youngest is 1, and a climber and falls all the time. My older one did too. Don’t let it stress you. They know things happen.

My 2 year old some how broke her arm when she was 10 months old. We have no idea how or when exactly bc she never cried or screamed or anything and it wasn’t swollen or anything like that. Just one morning I got her out of her crib and took her out into the livingroom set her down and she wouldn’t put any weight on one of her arms. I took notice and inspected it. Seemed ok maybe she bruised it or something so I gave her Tylenol. She was learning how to walk at the time. The whole day she didn’t make a fuss just wouldn’t crawl. The next morning she still wouldn’t put weight on it so I called her pediatrician and got her seen almost immediately. She had broke both bones in her arm!!! Made me feel like a horrible mom bc I had no clue! Worse the doc was insistent that it’s very hard for a baby to break both like that. I was sure CPS was going to be called just with how the doc was with me. But they never did after all and to this day I have no clue how my baby broke her arm. She always had someone there watching her.

I made my daughter some raviolis when she was 2 and didn’t throw the can away ( and I didn’t take the lid all the way off the can), I went to pee and heard a scream and came running she had got the can,stuck her finger in it and tried to pull it out and it almost sliced her finger off,took her to the ER and had to have 4 stitches and noone called cps on me. I have always taken the lids all the way since then, she’s about to be 10 now

Unless they prove you shoved him off the bed and did NOT call 911, you’re fine.

If a parent say they baby never fell off and bed or couch or something they lieing maybe your mil have had an experience with that but they don’t call for that

2 Likes

Absolutely not! Almost every baby falls of bed. No pattern of abuse. Dad did right thing. It’s fine. Tell her shut it.

2 Likes

If paramedics suspected abuse they would’ve called police immediately. Your baby wouldn’t have been left with you.

1 Like

Even if cps would come for this, they aren’t going to do anything except see the baby is fine do don’t even worry about it. Let MIL or anybody else call whoever they want…if you’re not doing anything to endanger the child than who cares?

Accidents happen. Most likely they won’t show up. I wouldn’t even worry about it

1 Like

My 9 month old recently fell backwards and gave her self a concussion todally knocked her self out, the emt took us to the hospital and we also did a fallow up with her pd accident happen I highly dubte cps will come over an accident they already have so much to deal with with case they are really important. I can’t tell you how many times my kids have fallen or give them self a bruise they are pretty good about telling whats abuse and what’s an accident.

mil shouldn’t be damn worried kills fall all the time , what is gonna do tell that the cps is coming every time your child falls ? sounds to me that she wants the cps to come every time. but momma don’t worry !

These things happen. I think most of us can say we turned for a second and something happened. It’s ok mama.

My children have fallen off bunk beds and out of regular beds. No cps calls. We even went to the er on several occasions

Don’t stress it girl my kids have fallen off the back of the couch, beds, outside… Kids fall it happens take it as a learning experience and don’t beat yourself up

even your husband is over reacting tell him to quit telling his mom ever time child falls- kids will be kids!

Highly unlikely, you did the right steps. Getting the baby checked out an be doing the follow up and the baby is completely fine, it’s highly unlikely.

1 Like

Relax. If your dr. was concerned, you would have heard by now. That agency is short of people, but overwhelmed with cases.

1 Like

Think every child has. That’s a lottttt of cps

1 Like

If the Dr or Ems turned it in they would tell you they had to due to being mandatory reporters so if they didn’t say that I doubt it !!

1 Like

Highly unlikely there is also a thing where things can be reported to CPS by mandatory reporters which falling off the bed is not a reason to mandatory report and CPS just notes it in a file essentially but doesn’t even talk to the parents or the child they call it a for information only case. If they were to show up they’re just gonna ask some questions look at the baby when they leave. CPS does not get involved unless there is major major major things going on and they are very good at their jobs I know the difference between a kid fell off the bed and hiding abuse

Oh boy. Lol
Every baby falls off the bed once. If they do send someone out they’ll laugh and leave u alone. Don’t worry. He called 911 because he was worried.

1 Like

No CPS would not show up for that lmao. You guys did everything right in that situation.

2 Likes

Accidents happen my son rolled of the bed at a year old cps never came round I think ur mil may be over paranoid & worrying you for no reason at all these things happen

Every parent goes through a fall once or twice. It’s not suspicious. If it’s repeated over the course of months and results in injury the docs start to get leery but that isn’t the result of 1 fall.

Kids take tumbles all the time, only way CPS would be involved is if child had severe injury and didn’t receive medical treatment :two_hearts:

Na if they showed up for simple stuff like that they would busy 24/7. They’d prey about kids who are actually being abused… malnourished and similar stuff. And most of the time it’s the doctors who would make the contact.

If the Ems didn’t say they were going to call I wouldn’t worry. Only way CAS/CPS would come is if the MIL called

1 Like

It happens. Even the most vigilant parents have done it. I wouldn’t worry.

CPS showed up at my child’s daycare because he had a scratch on his cheek … from … jumping and falling off the bed . I guess the daycare worker had asked him multiple times what happened . My then 3 yr old told her the same thing , even the director and the worker still called even against the director’s instructions. I filed a formal complaint as she did this to multiple people for nothing . She end up fired because 5 of us took our kids out the same week leaving only a handful of children . We all wrote reviews as well . Really hurt the daycare due to one worker who was a whistleblower

1 Like

They might as a follow up precaution, but if it is a first time thing, then as long as your house is reasonably maintained, kids are healthy, etc it should be fine.

If the emt and Dr was not worried then you have nothing to worry about. Babies get hurt sometimes, accidents happen and we learn from them. Cps wouldn’t come unless there was a serious safety concern for your child.

the fact it in their minds, means they are the ones to be wary of them calling.

No. Both my kids have fallen off couches, beds, chairs you name it, they are exploring and when it was before 1 it was pure accident just as yours taking eyes off one second. It happens and I’m sure it happened with your MIL, not sure I believe anyone who says otherwise lol. It happened to my mother with both me and my sister and I’m alive and no CPS was called. Let her be worried if you are unable to change her mind but don’t let it get to you

It happens Momma. I highly doubt they are coming.

1 Like

Dr. is a mandated reporter, if he was worried he would have CPS involved. You did all the right things and accidents happen.

5 Likes

No. These things happen. My daughter fell off the bed too once. I still have her! Lol

No, CPS wouldn’t come out for that. It happens all the time. What CPS watches for is repeated accidents with serious injuries that don’t seem to fit the accident they are attributed to. You’re ok.

2 Likes

My kid was playing outside one day and got a huge gash on his leg, he was rolling down a hill and hit a stick at just the right angle, had to have stitches. They didn’t get called on me. I think you’ll be just fine :two_hearts:

No. My daughter fell out of her chair/swing twice & I called her pediatrician both times. They told me to keep an eye on her, watch for swelling or her acting lethargic to bring her in if any of that happened. Cps was never called or showed up to my house. Accidents happen, babies are ninjas honestly so it’s normal.

CPS will show up for almost any report. They’ll just ask you what happened and probably make some suggestions. My son got a burn on his chest from leaning on a hot pan I had on the counter. School called CPS about it. They showed up and looked at it and just told me if there’s any oozing or anything, to follow up with a doctor. They also may or may not follow up with you. CPS isn’t there to take your child away unless it’s for a good reason. I’ve been dealing with them since 2015. Things like this happen. Of course we don’t mean for it to. Things happen no matter how careful we think we are.

As someone that worked in EMS for over 20 years I will say this, and only pertaining to the calls I myself have been on. We are what are called mandatory reporters. With that being said, we go on calls where baby fell off the bed a hundred + times in our career, and 99% of the time they are like this where the caregiver turned away for a split second. 7 month olds are quicker than many realize and this happens. If baby wasn’t hurt enough to go to the ER, that alone would not give cause to report this. Unless you had other stuff out (drug paraphernalia, loaded weapons, a house not fit for habitation, etc), the chances of CPS being called is pretty much nil.

5 Likes

If they are called they will show up. Even if they were to show up nothing would happen with your children. Kids fall off beds everyday, it happens. Don’t stress it.

No, unless the EMTs didn’t believe your story! Don’t let her get to you! Obviously it wasn’t done intentionally, live your life. If they do show up, just tell them the truth but I highly doubt they will

Even if they did show up they wouldn’t take the baby unless they felt he was being abused and medical records can determine if the injuries were consistent with an accidental fall or abuse. So unless you have something to worry about I wouldn’t be worried about them showing up period.

Not unless someone else called. You’d be fine anyway you did ever right and it’s documented what happened all you’d need to do was show them the proof and that would it that.

If someone is THAT concerned about it then it’s a guilty conscience. Seriously. Someone should make sure that baby is ok.

If the doctor feels there is a reason to call CPS, then they will but your doctor should of refer you to the hospital just to be sure there
Are no skull fractures or bleeds. I would recommend taking him to the hospital just to be sure he is okay.

No. Multiple people who were mandated reporters saw the injury and were clearly not concerned.

But, if someone petty were to call them on you, you thankfully have the incident documented, and there likely wouldn’t be any issues past an initial follow-up.

I hope your MIL is just one of those old folks who is obnoxiously overly paranoid, not the kind who is planning to try to fuck up your life.

Absolutely not. My kids have fallen off the couch/bed more times numerous times & they are all fine. Accidents happen.

You guys did the right thing by having the child seen by medical professionals and having the incident documented. Even if CPS does investigate, there is a paper trail evidence to show it was just an accident.

Accidents happen every day. Dr and hospital were not concerned so stop worrying . They get involved when accidents and injuries are constant…not for something that has happened to all parents at some point

My son was throwing a tantrum so I grabbed his hand to walk him to his room and he dead weighted and dropped to the floor. Pulled his elbow out of socket and he was only 3. I took him to the emergency room and they called it nurse maids elbow and that it’s super common especially in rough playing. They understood the situation but I was terrified of cps

It happens all the time. You’re good

EMS are mandatory reporters. . I can’t imagine they’d leave without that child and you signing a refusal form if they felt it was in danger.

1 Like

Mine fell off the couch and someone called CPS because of Mark and they showed up it was there baby sitter I told her what happened ( but she thought she would get to foster the kids if she called and I knew the lady from CPS I told her what happened and everything was fine the babysitter was being a fool . And mad because she wanted a raise I was the only one working paying bills and everything
It’s a long story .!
But yea everything will be fine .
I fired the baby sitter she was getting $450 a week .

Are you even a parent if your kiddo didn’t fall off a couch or bed :joy::woman_facepalming: it happens more than you know! It was an accident it doesn’t make anyone a bad parent! Kids are so quick! As long as no injuries or signs of abuse just relax! It happens! As a nurse you did the right thing by getting him checked and be cautious! Note to self they are fast!!! And move quickly :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I seriously doubt it, but if they did, I’m sure all would be cleared.

CPS is not the devil. They are scary as hell because they can take your children, but the goal of CPS is to protect the child and maintain the family unit. Keep your house tidy and if they do show up approach them calmly and respectfully. That alone will go a long way towards proving your suitability. I wouldn’t worry about it after one injury, but it’s possible.

5 Likes

Not unless someone calls them.

Yes, cps could be called for this they can be called for anything. They literally take children without court orders and call them safety plans. If one shows up you tell them to talk to your lawyer. Cps is no joke they have complete immunity. The people saying accidents Happen either raised kids in the 90s or got lucky.
I suggest everyone on this thread to look up a cps corruption group and read what they really do these days.
They take your kids and make you pay child support all because you can’t afford insurance or food. Even tho you’re kids is fed and you’re not they exploit your weaknesses and make you weaker. Then they lie in court and that’s if they legally take your child with a court order.

4 Likes

You have been initiated (well he has been)

They shouldn’t. If the EMT’s thought something was wrong they would have brought the baby in and had them meet you guys right in hospital.
But even if someone does show up, you have nothing to hide then just say I’ll meet you at your office to talk with you about whatever it is you need. Then If you wana let them do a home check let them and they’ll be on their way if all is well!
(If anything you probably seem like an overprotective parent lol. I remember taking my daughter to ER when she fell down a few stairs. They were like umm shes fine. Ud be a bit sore too if you fell lol)

Maybe MIL is aware that son has anger issues and is imagining the worst.

1 Like

my son threw himself and slammed his head off a bed side table at just over a year and had a golf ball sized knot …we called the dr and everything and they checked him out said he was ok just watch for signs of a concussion …i think ull be ok considering there isn’t any other incidents

I’ve had 3 kids and all of them fell of something bed, couch, trampoline. You just pick them up and go on with your day. And no cps never came to my house because my children fell.

1 Like

3 kids. They’ve all Fallon off the bed or couch. No biggie it happens

Kortney Love maybe if you’re comfortable you can share what happened with you

yes they might show up if the EMT’s or doctor called them as they sometimes need to–but I would not worry to much about it as you most likely would have heard from them by now.

they don’t typically call cps unless baby broke a bone.

Nope they won’t accidents happen

Cps would have already been there .

All of you saying they won’t take a child over a fall must not know what parents are going through everyday. Look up title IV-E it literally says
CHILDREN MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE HOME IN ORDER TO GET FEDERAL FUNDING.

1 Like

Highly doubtful, unless yor hubby was impaired when the EMT showed up.

Most of us have fallen off the bed as babies and turned out just fine. Everything will be ok!

1 Like

Lol happened to both of my sons, one would bang his head off the floor, the other would consistently hit his head off of stuff, I used to call the cops all of time because my oldest kept falling. Doctors know this is happens, if cps does come, they never came to my house, they’ll be able to tell your child is being well taken care off.

Mine did too, accidentally fell of our bed and got rug burn on her nose from the carpet. I was never worried about Anyone coming, Kids fall all the time. Doctors can tell abuse from regular accidental injuries on kids

1 Like

Cps could show up or the won’t. It all depends if a report was made or not. You can call your local dhhs office and ask if one was made.

I have had both bad and good experiences with cps. They took my oldest daughter and terminated my rights, as I was a teen parent who has no idea what I was doing and my aunt got custody of her and adopted her and a bunch of other shit happened as well.

But they were also involved from day one with my youngest 2 and I have full custody per court orders of both of them, one is 7 and the other is almost 2.

It’s their job to make sure that it was purely an accident and not abuse.

So if they show up, you have nothing to hide as it was an accident.

In all reality, it’s better to cooperate then it is to fight. Because fighting makes it look like you have something to hide.

It’s true you don’t have to even allow them into your home. You can speak to them outside your home or you can completely ignore them.

But ignoring them makes you look like your hiding something.

Because your fiance called 911 yes technically CPS could called if they feel the need to unfortunately but even if they show up as long as you have nothing to hide its just going to end up getting dropped so I wouldn’t worry to much

If the medical professionals thought they needed to be called, they would have called them then.

2 Likes

Someone would have to report abuse. The emt won’t unless there was signs

1 Like

If they did, it would be a quick check if the Dr’s thought something happened. One came looked round said house looked fine and my kid looked healthy and that was that but you don’t have to let them in your house I don’t think.

1 Like

I can’t even count the amount of times my kids fell out of beds or off of couches. You’ll be fine. Accidents happen. I’m sure that won’t be the last fall.

1 Like

EMT and your Ped will both file a report to CPS. It’s the law.

1 Like

When my daughter was about the same age the same thing happened…dad turned away and my daughter fell to the hardwood floor. Huge bruise on her face, we didn’t call 911 but did take her to the pediatricians office. We never had CPS knock on our door. The pediatrician even said it was no big deal…that it happens all the time cuz it’s when they are beginning to get more mobile and parents are sometimes sleep deprived or used to the baby not rolling/crawling. I don’t think you’ll have an issue…especially since 911 was called.

My mom had 12 of us…and she would laugh for an hour to hear that someone would call the EMTs if one of us fell off the bed. If we clunked our head on something in the way, then she’d watch carefully for a day or so.

They can call cps. It’s happened to us because my nephew fell on my daughters leg weird & she wouldn’t walk after. We obviously had nothing to hide so our case was dropped pretty quick.

Are you even a parent if you havent had a baby fall out/off of something?!.. I have 5, and Im pretty sure something like that has happened to every single one of them. It happens…we feel worse than they do usually.

4 Likes

They can call cps. It’s happened to us because my nephew fell on my daughters leg weird & she wouldn’t walk after. We obviously had nothing to hide so our case was dropped pretty quick.

I really think you’re soon to be mother-in-law’s overreacting but here’s my thing even if they do why panic ? If you’re doing everything you’re supposed to do clean house, food, etc. and you’re taking care of your child the way you’re supposed to they won’t find any fault and they won’t have a reason to come back.

1 Like

All they will do is check the house out, kids room, make sure you have food in the house & they talked to my son alone. Quick process if nothing is going on.

1 Like

Don’t let her worry mar your life. The baby is fine healthy and it was a common accident all parents make. Trust me I had it happen also. CPS isn’t going to take the baby. You know you have nothing to hide.

It’s only if abuse or neglect is suspected. If the baby shows no signs of abuse or neglect then you’ll be okay. My son fell off the bed a couple times (sleeps like a fish outta water) and I’ve never had cps after me. If there’s no signs of abuse, no need for cps

1 Like

pediatricians, emts, etc know what to look for. bruises on the knees and shin? normal for a kid. bruises on the face, chest, belly? not normal. broken bones that fit the description of the fall? normal. spiral fracture of upper arm that fits with the kid being yanked up? not normal. they’ve been doing this long enough to know what’s normal and not.

3 Likes

They possibly could because yall called 911. If they do you DON’T have to let them in your home nor do you have to talk to them unless they have an officer with them. Because he’s never been hurt its possible they won’t show up but you never know.

My daughter pulled herself up to stand for the first time in her crib at 6 months old, I took her to er right away & the doctor literally said ‘that’s why they call them bouncing babies’ & told me almost every baby does it at some point. cps will not get involved for something like that.

1 Like

babies fall… constantly! my son had to have surgery on his mouth because of a fall , cps wasn’t called. there’s nothing to worry about

1 Like

If they do, you know who called!

4 Likes

Baby’s fall sometimes. It happens. But even if they did come out you have nothing to worry about! They just take a quick look around and make sure everything’s in order and they’ll drop it.

1 Like

Yeah if she calls them never put it past anyone

2 Likes

All I can say is be careful. I called 911 because I was trying to leave my abusive ex husband with my baby. He grabbed my son tossed him on the bed and held me against the wall. I got away and called 911. I ended up with a cps case due to failure to protect my child! Wtf?! I was trying to leave! They blamed me for the abuse! They are very corrupt! I will NEVER corporate with them again!

3 Likes