My mother-in-law told me baby showers were for "broke people"

Have the dang shower if it’s important to you. His mom can piss off!

1 Like

Don’t invite her. Your a grown ass woman Starting your own village.
It’s about the baby. This is your blood. The baby deserves to have the village that will love and defend it of your choosing.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:. Have your baby shower. Go online, register at amazon, target, Walmart, Nordstrom, carters. P&G for baby diapers.
You and your husband deserve to have the best life ever.
Trust in yourself or she never will.

Have your baby shower!!! Who cares what she thinks. That’s ridiculous

1 Like

Have the shower and dont invite ur crazy MIL

1 Like

if you had kids already its not a shower this time its a sprinkle and anyone can have it

1 Like

A baby shower isn’t to just get stuff :roll_eyes: and you don’t just have a baby shower cause you’re broke. I’d tell her exactly where she could go with that attitude. Baby showers are to celebrate the baby coming into this world. It doesn’t matter how much money you have or don’t have babies are expensive little boogers no matter which way you cut it. Other family and friends actually want to bring gifts for the baby. Tell her she can stay home if she doesn’t wanna be a part of it :unamused:

6 Likes

I never had one for my older girls but for my last born I did. It isn’t for broke people. If your hubby wants to do what makes YOU happy then you have that baby shower. It’s to celebrate your new baby. If MIL is too dense to understand that then that’s one less invite you need to give out.

1 Like

Girl have that baby shower n ENJOY IT :heart:

a baby shower is a lovely celebration for either rich or poor its a way of showing love

1 Like

Just have a baby party, register for gifts in case people want to bring them but make it optional. Showers are NOT just for broke people (even rich celebrities have them). But if it helps smooth over things with MIL a Welcome Baby party is a reasonable compromise.

1 Like

Have the baby shower. This is about you NOT her. She can have her opinion and not come to the shower. Do not cater to her opinion.

3 Likes

Have the shower and don’t invite her miserable ass :wink:

If your mother in law “hates” you, having the baby shower isn’t going to change that.
Also baby showers are a celebration of a new life coming into this world, not for “broke” people.

2 Likes

Fuck that. Have one & don’t invite her. Just tell her oh sorry didn’t think you’d wanna attend the CELEBRATION OF YOUR GRANDCHILD because it’s only for poor people & clearly you’re above that. What a biatch.

Have your baby shower!!
The people that love you WANT to celebrate your new baby!
You have a Monster in Law, not a Mother in law.

1 Like

Just don’t invite her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

She’ll get the message

2 Likes

And who isn’t broke??:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Have the baby shower.

Have the baby shower. She’s not going to do anything except not like you which apparently she doesn’t anyway. It’s possible that’s she’s jealous because she never had a baby shower. You do what you want. Life is to short to worry about other people. Apparently your sister in law doesn’t care what her mother says if she wants to have it anyway

3 Likes

Have the shower it won’t change her opinion about you one way or the other.

1 Like

ignore mil and let sil have the shower

Just do it… it’s not for her its for you

If she thinks that, then make a list of everything y’all need for the baby and say here, now go buy it all! And then see what she thinks about a baby shower!!!

1 Like

Have the baby shower anyways… I personally wouldn’t let her know your having it until after

If she don’t walk expeditiously to hell .

First of all, you are his priority now, not his mother. Second, as far as her “poor people “ remark, didn’t Meghan fly to New York for a baby shower? Have the shower and enjoy yourself!

2 Likes

She seems to be getting toxic. That is nonsense, Have whatever you want. It’s none of her business.

Tell her to buy all your baby stuff then lol

2 Likes

Have the shower she’s a narcissistic and probably just jealous that the attention isn’t on her

1 Like

What a weird thing to say, does she realize that celebrities have baby showers too and they’re not broke lol

1 Like

Screw her! Have the shower. Trust me on this if you start caring what she has to say now…it will last your whole life. Set boundaries with her now.

Have the baby shower! I’m glad I had one had a nice meal sat with everyone who cares about us and it was fun, you play games like guess the baby food etc it’s not just about the gifts it’s about getting exited for bringing a new life to the world! His mum sounds like a party pooper. If she doesn’t want to come along then let her.

Tell Mommy in law to butt out…:grin: its your baby so have a baby shower if u want and enjoy your bundle of joy… Congratulations

I had a baby shower with each of my pregnancies… And I had all girls. I made sure to tell people gifts were not needed, we just wanted to celebrate the newest family member. If she doesn’t like baby showers, she doesn’t have to go. But that’s just my opinion.

You have one n who cares what your in law says.

Showers are a way of celebrating life’s occasions. Each baby deserves their own day whether yet born or not if my opinion. BTW, Congrats!

Have the shower and don’t invite her :rofl:

5 Likes

Have one and don’t invite her

4 Likes

Go ahead have a baby shower . That’s her way of thinking.

Your MIL already has an opinion of you… Nothing will change it because she is probably set in her ways. Stop trying to live by other people’s rules and throw the party. It isn’t about weather you are broke or not, it’s about showing support for a new addition to the family. If you’ve lived any kind of life to this point you already know… People will judge you, people will dislike you. That doesn’t mean you have to be miserable to please them.

1 Like

Have the baby shower and if she has a problem with it, she doesn’t have to go. She’ll either get over herself or she won’t.

1 Like

have the shower your mil is wrong

1 Like

Have a shower keep her away from your kids when she wants to act like super grandma just tell her im too busy doing noting and making your son broke so no dont come near my kids…

1 Like

Don’t invite the in law that simple.

3 Likes

Have the bloody shower bitter truth nothing you do will make her change her feelings towards unless she chooses to stop hating.

3 Likes

Tell your MIL she doesn’t have to come and she don’t need to come see your baby either. Baby showers are for friends and family to celebrate a new baby!

3 Likes

Offend away!!! Don’t let your mother in law dictate your happiness!

2 Likes

Don’t compromise. Have the baby shower. Screw what she thinks because she just sounds miserable. And the only person you’re husband should be trying to make happy is you. It’s a celebration of your baby!! And yes celebrities have them and they are rich and majority of us in the world are broke. Lol. So just do it. :heart:

2 Likes

Have the baby shower. Ita a celebration of life!

2 Likes

It is not for broke people!! Even the rich and famous have baby showers! It’s the celebration of a new life and motherhood! I think after the first, it’s called a sprinkle nowadays. As bad as things are, we all need to come and celebrate now!! Tell MIL that yall are having a little get together with family and friends and bring her famous potato salad or whatever because “everyone loves it” :wink: you got this little mama. Let sister in law do this for you

2 Likes

Sounds like his mother is a bitch & the rest of the in laws have your back. Have the baby shower, don’t invite her & watch how upset she gets that she didn’t get to be part of it & then throw her words in her face. “Since baby showers are only for broke people i figured you wouldnt want to be there”

Have the baby shower and not invite her. Your husband should also have a talk with it’s his mom and not allow her to talk bad about you. He should be defending you. You two are a team. Good luck! I hope you enjoy your baby shower that you deserve.

1 Like

OK, if she doesn’t like baby showers, that’s fine. She’s not the one having her baby.

Girrrrrll have yourself a baby shower!

The three wise men came from afar to honor the baby Jesus. And they brought exotic gifts that we remember today. Today it is not about you, your husband or your Mother-in-law. It is about your friends and family coming together to gift the baby and honor the Mother in the greatest gift a woman can gift to the world. It is something to do for the baby and for your friends and family.

1 Like

I’m almost 64 and NEVER heard that showers are for broke people. I do think it’s tacky to throw one for yourself; but your SIL is throwing it for you. It’s not your choice. It’s hers. Your MIL needs to keep her feelings to herself. If she feels that way, I’m thinking she’s worried about what her crony friends will think and in all honesty, it’s not her call.

2 Likes

Baby showers are for anyone who wants one as long as they haven’t recently had one.
Have the shower

2 Likes

Your mother in law is a jackass

Then why do celebrities have them if they’re for poor people…? She sounds like she’s a narcissist

6 Likes

Now that said, is there someone else in her orbit that she would listen to on this issue, such as her family pastor? Or maybe the sister in law?

Wtf??? Have the shower who cares what she thinks

4 Likes

She can pay for everything your baby needs then :crazy_face::woman_shrugging:t2:She also sounds out of touch with the times as people often have sprinkles to celebrate subsequent pregnancies.

Well, some people enjoy celebrating and helping new mothers… I’ve heard people say this before… “If you can’t afford a baby, you shouldn’t have one” Ummm It has nothing to do with that. Friends and family support one another. Or at least they should. Who doesn’t want to help a mother and spoil a baby!!!

2 Likes

Since your on bedrest and probably shouldn’t be up much, could you change it to a welcoming shower and have it a couple of weeks after baby is born. People can still bring gifts but it’s not a “baby shower”.

Have the baby shower. Don’t invite her. Let your hubby know that the rich people also have baby showers (google a bunch to show him) and he can do what he wants with that proof.

5 Likes

At the end of the day it’s your life, not your mother in laws. Let her be miserable on her own. If she doesn’t like you, oh well. Keep that negativity away :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

1 Like

Have the it isn’t but 5he gifts,ir brings family and friends together and it’s a way for people to show how happy they are for you and your new addition

Even the Kardashians have baby showers. Does she think they’re broke too? That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Has no one in her family ever had a baby shower? Have the shower. Invite her regardless of whether you want to or not. In all honesty, she’s probably just looking for any little thing to make digs at you. Despite wanting to confront her, match moods, etc., be the bigger person and kill her with kindness. Everyone will see her actions for what they are, and they’ll see for themselves that you’ve been nothing but gracious through it all.

2 Likes

I’m not broke and I had a shower. Ridiculous she would say that. Have one and don’t invite her

1 Like

Girl!!! Have your baby shower and don’t worry about what she says. This is your baby and you deserve to be celebrated. :heart_eyes::partying_face: The shower isn’t dependent on her attendance!! And I might have to let that be known. Hahahahaa
Congratulations!

If you want a baby shower, have a baby shower. Put your ignorant mother in law in the do not invite list.

Every baby deserves to be celebrated. Have it regardless of what she says.

1 Like

Have the baby shower and tell your MIL too fuck off. :joy:

Having a baby shower is for broke people? What a crock of shit. Even A list celebrities have baby showers regardless if it’s their 1st child or their 100th. Tell your MIL she can go get stuffed and if your SIL wants to throw you a baby shower, let her. I would, however, still send her an invite as not sending her one could create even more hostility between everyone.

Her comment screams financial insecurity. Do as you wish. I’d have the shower. I love helping mothers.

1 Like

Have the shower don’t exclude her if that’s how she feels…! Showers are to show are love and happiness for the new arrival.!! Not for poor ppl she is so wrong.!! She sounds like she really has a bad out look.!! Dot let her stress u out.!!! She sounds like she might have some issues going on with herself agree with your hubby Do what makes u happy he’s the one u married not his mom

Having spent time around people who are broke, and people who definitely arent…baby showers are for everyone. The only difference is how they are done.
It’s an excuse for your MIL to ruin something for you. She’s gonna hate you either way. Don’t bother trying to please her. Best thing to do is respond to her drama with “okay” then do whatever you want.

2 Likes

So have one without her invited. Also many times they aren’t thrown by the baby’s parent but by loved ones. Can’t control if people want to celebrate a new life. Ignore her

Have your baby shower!

Baby showers are to celebrate the baby and parenthood. Wtf is her problem?

I don’t think Baby Showers are for broke people. It’s a social get together of friends and family to celebrate the coming of a new person into this world. It’s meant to present gifts to the expecting parents as a way to show love and respect for the accomplishment of parenthood. You have that Shower cause when all is said and done, It’s you, your husband and the baby (and the other children). Besides, it will let all your friends and family see your other children which they might not have had a chance to see in the last few years.

Simple don’t invite your mother in law, and enjoy your baby shower , its all your friends and family coming together to shower you and new babe! Congrats

2 Likes

Have the baby shower, if she doesn’t come so be it…It’s about the baby not her

1 Like

Nah she’s wrong. Have your shower and if she feels a type of way she don’t have to come. This is for you and your baby and your family. She probably just don’t want to front the funds herself :roll_eyes:

Don’t worry about it have the baby shower

Have the shower. Tell her rich people have showers too.

Have the baby shower and dont invite her.

1 Like

Screw her, if she’s toxic like that then sounds like she doesn’t need to be involved in yalls lives anyway.

2 Likes

Your Mother in law sounds like a toxic women, do what makes you happy.

2 Likes

Baby showers are a celebration as well. Go for it and everyone will be happy except one

1 Like

She doesn’t have to go! It’s your baby not hers. You can do what you like!!

Baby showers are to celebrate the unborn child doesn’t matter how much money you have do u and your family don’t worry about anyone eles opinions it’s your baby

2 Likes

Stand your ground. Your married to him not his mother. She sounds like she needs prayers to get the HATE out. I had the best mil on earth. She was kind, supportive and in 30 years I’ve never heard her say a bad word about anyone. Sorry your mil doesn’t have the heart of family.

Have the baby shower its a celebration and what anyone gives u if they give u anything helps alot since baby items are so expensive. Its not just for broke people but look at it as a celebration and people celebrating with u the future birth of ur baby. Let the MIL be pissed off or upset because this celebration really doesn’t concern her its about u, ur husband and that new baby at this celebration.

Screw ur MIL. If she doesn’t want a baby shower maybe she shouldn’t come. This is ur baby and ur baby shower. Have it if u like. It doesn’t have to be about what u get, its about what ur celebrating

1 Like

Fudge her opinion! She don’t need to come or buy anything for the baby. She sounds like a piece of work smh. Rich, poor, famous, every day people have showers. Did she not have a shower when she had her kids?

1 Like

Let your friend throw you a baby shower if your mother-in-law doesn’t like the idea of a baby shower then she doesn’t need to attend

1 Like

Have the shower and don’t invite mother-in-law. A baby shower is to celebrate the coming of a new baby and shower mom!!!

Let your SIL give the shower, she should NOT have passed on to you what SHE says your MIL said. Invite who you wish. Include your MIL. Especially if this is your husband’s first child. Pretend you never heard the gossip about what your MIL said. It should not have been passed on to you. Rest and keep you and baby healthy.

1 Like

It’s YOUR baby. Fuck what she thinks

1 Like