My mother in law won't stop posting photos of my kids: Advice?

Educate her as to why you dont want her too, print off pics of them often to give to her so she can show off her grands in person, wallet size or a bit bigger.

2 Likes

I get it! My mil would post pics to her public page, put 1st and last names, make comments that they live right down the road (and had her full address, phone number, and full name on her PUBLIC page). I hated it. She would just say oh it’s fine, it’s no big deal, nothings going to happen. I literally had someone come up and start talking to my son (who was under 1 at the time) like they knew us, I had no clue who they were. Come to find out she was on my mil’s page and felt like she knew us enough to do that. I flipped. They’ll never change their perspective on the situation. You have to limit the amount of time spent with her, so she doesn’t have the opportunity to take the pictures. It’s sad.

4 Likes

The amount of comments saying things like “ you should be glad they have a grandmother who loves them” or “ she just wants to show off her grand babies” is gross. It doesn’t matter that she’s their grandmother and you can be grateful for her without wanting pictures of your kids posted online. She needs to respect the boundaries you’ve set. I agree with educating her about why you don’t want their pictures online and printing pictures for her ( if she can be respectful) report the ones that are up if she refuses to remove them and if she chooses to disregard your boundaries block her remove her from your lives and don’t allow her to access pictures of the kids

9 Likes

Someone other than you loves your kids and is obviously proud of them… my mother in law can share as many pictures as she wants. It’s literally her child’s child she’s going to be like that. I know I am big time. It’s something we wait for and look forward to. Let her share her grand babies.

4 Likes

Legal action it’s your child and she doesn’t have consent

6 Likes

Stop sending her pics. I rarely post my kids just because I don’t feel comfortable doing so and it always bothers me when other people post pics of them when barely even do it myself.

1 Like

You can’t… you can only control what you do. She’s proud… does she help with the kids? I guaranteed she is just proud

3 Likes

Post some of her see if she likes it

When YOU become a Grandparent, then you will understand the love and pride we feel for our Grandbabies. Showing them off is a necessity for us. Noone will ever tell me I cannot post pics of my Grandchildren. It’s done out of love. They are the Children of my Children.

15 Likes

Keep the kids away from her!! If she wants to see them she can without a camera

2 Likes

Before I would suggest a course of action I would like to know more. Why doesn’t the parent want pictures posted. Does the parent post pictures of the kid.

1 Like

l Get paid over $124 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $15859 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort246.pages.dev/

You can request for fb to remove those photos. Maybe she’ll get the point then. Sorry you’re dealing with this. Absolutely unacceptable.

1 Like

Do you post pics of your kiddos? Curious…

1 Like

Grandparents aren’t obligated to do anything for anybody, a lot of ungrateful people in this world

2 Likes

They might be your kids but the father of your kids, is her kid! Those grandbabies are A PART of her- grandma (MIL) as well. Once you become a grandmother yourself, things seriously change and only once you become a grandmother, you understand more!! Grandparents deserve every right to show those beautiful babies off! I’m sure the mother post pics of them herself, or even if she don’t, doesn’t matter. Your social media is your social media. You post what you want and if someone doesn’t like something, either delete or scroll on. It’s simple. Grandparents LOVE their grandbabies, more than they love you :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

This is why I’m so thankful my inlaws aren’t in my children’s life and haven’t even meet 2/4

But they were horrid people to my husband.

Bottom line tell her your thier mother . Grandmother title doesn’t Trump that . Maybe have your husband talk with her on your behalf :woman_shrugging:t3:

Best of luck

1 Like

Does she not understand Pedophiles and Sex Traffickers? Educate her why and no more pics.

In todays world i would never post pictures of my grandbabies without the parents permission…where is the respect in todays world…keep the grandbabies safe…to many sickos out there

6 Likes

I’m a grandma and I’ve never been told not to share my grandkids pictures. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Maybe educate her on internet postings (private vs public) and your concerns about their safety.

Grandma is not only being disrespectful to mom, she’s also putting her grandkids in a possibly bad situation for kidnapping and worse! If that’s not enough to make her stop than she shouldn’t see them. I bet she’s the type who forces the kids to give hugs and kisses as well when they don’t want them. SMH

7 Likes

Their grandparents let them Post anything lol they probably just love their grandchildren why are you so upset? Just curious

7 Likes

l Get paid over $124 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $15859 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort267.pages.dev/

Why don’t you want her to post them? Do you post pictures of them? Do you just not want HER to post pictures on HER social media or, do you not want pictures of your children on public social media? Because if you also post pictures on your social media, asking her not too, isn’t really fair… She’s the father’s mother. Their grandma. Who wants to show them off. But, if you don’t even post them, and don’t want their pictures on a public social platform. That’s a little different. And, she should respect that decision. But, instead of just telling her to not post them and to take it down. Possibly actually have a civil conversation with her, and explain why you do not want her to post pictures. Communication goes a long way

9 Likes

I would not post pictures of my grandchildren without their parent’s permission. Yes they are my grandchildren, but I respect my sons and their wives.

7 Likes

Ask her to make her profile private that way only her “friends” can see the pictures posted. Problem solved. Unless the MIL has someone in her friend you don’t want seeing the kids :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Ummm u don’t u let her share pictures of her grandbabies tf

7 Likes

2.9 billion facebook users worldwide, is your mil being naive thinking there couldnt be any harmful intent out there or are you being arrogant thinking that the harmful will single out your children out of the trillions of photo’s on the site? just curious

2 Likes

Report her and block her

1 Like

I’m so glad my child’s grandparents genuinely respect what my husband and I say when it comes to our baby. I’d cut all of y’all “she’s their grandma, she can do whatever she wants” annoying asses off. I hope all of you who think that get humbled and cut off for not respecting your grandchildrens parents wishes :blush:

Stop sending her pictures.

Grand parents do NOT have more parental rights or say than parents. At the end of the day if the mother is saying do not do this when it comes to my child, then that’s it. End of discussion.

As a mother I do not post my son on social media either, I personally believe it’s not a place for children and the internet is also a tool predators uses to target innocents.
While certain family members did not understand why I didn’t want my child on social media, they still respected my wishes as his mother. Clearly grandma has none.

1 Like

Be thankful she loves your kids.

6 Likes

I do not do anything without checking make sure my children and their spouses are okay with it first!

1 Like

How wonderful that she loves your babies that much that she wants to share them🥰 If some kids could only be that lucky to have loving grandparents

4 Likes

I know someone who posts pics of their kids with emojis over their faces. What about something like that??

If she has her profile private then it doesn’t matter. Only trusted people see them

1 Like

Yea this needs more context. If you don’t post pics of them bcuz you don’t want them on the internet that’s one thing. But if you’re out here posting pics left and right, then say she can’t do the same thing?? You’re the ahole sorry.

1 Like

If you have the children posted, you are being petty and need to stop.
If you do not want your children on social media, that’s a different conversation.
You still cannot force someone not to post pictures.

2 Likes

No pictures for her or with her until she’s responsible with them. You asked her not to post them. She’s overstepping and appears to have no respect for you or your husband. That lack of respect may spill over in other aspects of the relationship especially when it comes to the grandkids. It’s important to stop this now. Actions have consequences. That said if you’re posting photos of them you’ll have to stop as well. It will be hypocritical if you don’t.

1 Like

My blood mother doesn’t even care. My grandmother her mother doesn’t care. Stop crying and be thankful she loves them. You two may not get along but you should be grateful….my children know of my mother as Machelle, not grandma🤷🏼‍♀️

4 Likes

One picture went out once of my grand babies. My son and his girl asked that they not be on social media so I took the pictures down and will :100: respect their wishes! It’s not hard to do.
Respect your loved ones!

6 Likes

Block her from the photos you post of your children. Or stop sending her photos…

4 Likes

The people who say she has the right to or that you’re being petty are incorrect. You are allowed to post your own children on your own social media if you have your page private and know the people that are on your page. I personally don’t post mine or anything about them really because I have a lot of friends from the car community on my facebook. You don’t know who her Facebook friends are, even if she trusts them and knows them. So you are allowed to say that you don’t feel comfortable with her posting photos of your children on Facebook or on social media. The only thing you can really do is make sure that your husband is on your side about it, and have him say something as well, or report her post, or completely restrict her from photos. Whether that means blocking her, deleting her from your friends, or changing your post so that she can’t see the ones that you post of your children. It’s not hypocritical of you to post photos of your own children on your own page for people you know to see.

5 Likes

i am making these days easily more than $500 per day for doing work online. i got my 3rd payment last month of $16569. i was surprised when one of my close friend told me she was making $17771 per month but now i see how it works.

Check This >>https://DollarProfits911.pages.dev/

All y’all siding with the grandma is weird AF. Like make the grandma adds random people that she doesn’t know. Or maybe there are people on her mils Facebook that cannot be in contact with the kids. But if the parent tells you that cannot post their kid on Facebook then tough shit. Listen to the kids parent

2 Likes

I’m with you OP. We don’t need to share on the internet every little thing our own lives let alone out children’s before they are aware. My family does the same thing and her profile is not private. That’s why I’ve stopped posting. I’ll share with close friends and family.

3 Likes

Delete/block her and stop sending her pics if she cannot be responsible and respectful.

1 Like

Overreacting much. Is she posting them naked then id be concerned.

1 Like

You’re the parent and you decide whether your child’s pics appear online. Odds are, they’re proud grandparents who don’t understand the risks of posting kids’ pics online.

1 Like

Sounds like she loves your kids and I see nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

I feel like there is more to the dynamics than her posting photos of your kids….

1 Like

What does Dad say about it

You should be glad your children have a grandmother who loves her grands and are so very proud of them that she wants to show them off to her friends. Are they photos off of your Facebook or are these photos she takes of them when she’s spending time with them .
I have 6 grandkids and post photos I take with my grands to brag and show them off and show how much fun we have together . Our kids don’t mind at all .

3 Likes

I get it. My kids do not like their pictures posted nor do I post them without permission anymore. They all have the right to their privacy and a say in their images being posted…with my minor children if they give permissions it still has to be set to private so only people we know see them. It’s a respect and safety thing. I am sure she is only doing it so her friends can see her grand babies cause she is proud but at the same time she needs to be able to do this in a manner that is safe and respectful.

2 Likes

She doesn’t get to see them anymore. No phone calls, no pictures from y’all, absolutely no access. End of discussion.

5 Likes

They are her grandchildren, She’s proud and wants to share.

It sounds like maybe you are holding resentment about something else. I would perhaps take a look at why this makes you so upset and go from there.

1 Like

I mean they are her grandchildren what is the big deal? she is not just some random person she is their grandmother. Is she an absent grandmother? Is she not a good grandmother?

I don’t understand the problem??? I love my kids and grandkids and love to post pictures of f them all

1 Like

Are the pictures public or just with her friends

To everyone saying “what’s the big deal” sex traffickers, stalkers etc. she is the mother so it’s HER choice! I personally don’t care if my kids pictures are posted by my mom but some mothers might not be okay with that and that’s her choice. Why be so rude about it and call her “drama”. Her kids her rules. :woozy_face:

Where does the dad stand in this? Both of you have a say. If you and your husband divorced, she would still be able to post all of the pictures she wants without you having a say.

As long as only her friends can see them and her page isn’t open to everyone. It’s no big deal.

Ask her to please not post so many.
Easy…

So many people here don’t get it. The child is the mothers, NOT the grandmothers. If mum says no then it’s NO, you all justifiably complain about consent then disregard this mother’s choice. A bit shit really. Report her & refuse access until she gets the idea of consent.

It’s really hard to say without having all of the information. Does the grandmother have a very large social media account? Does grandma have thousands of people on there that she doesn’t truly know that she is exposing her grandchildren to potential predators? Or is this a storybook grandma who has 80 friends and she wants to share some of the most precious people in her life? I think your answer really depends on how Grandma handles her social media accounts. 

1 Like

Start posting pictures of her.

1 Like

Talk to her like an adult I can’t post any pictures of my billet kids know that’s part of the rules

So block her and quit posting pics

I think you are going over the top there her grandchildren if she likes to post pictures and they are normal photos what is the problem

Seems to me like a lot of you people who are four grandma doing this aren’t realizing how many predators are out there and where you think they find these kids a lot of times pictures posted hello get a clue Grandma’s wrong

5 Likes

No one is allowed to post my son on social media without my permission. If they do they lose all privileges of photos of any kind. End of discussion. There are too many creeps in the world.

3 Likes

You cannot control someone and you cannot control what they put on their social media. If you don’t like what she puts on her social media, block her.

Those kids came out of your body. You say what goes… Period!

Grandma doesn’t want to respect parents wishes, then grandma gets put on an info diet and doesn’t see the kids at all.

I understand what you are saying and she should respect your wishes, I just wish my mother in law had cared enough about my kids when they were little to want to post photos of them.

1 Like

You contact the place the she’s posting and have your minor children removed. She doesn’t have permission. And stop sending her pictures, don’t give her access to your pictures, etc.

She must love your kids and be a proud grandparent. That Must suck

I would think posting them without names or tagging you in them should be fine. Us as grandparents love posting pictures.

1 Like

My daughter does not like pics of our granddaughter posted on social media. We don’t agree but we respect her parenting style and request. Our granddaughter is 2.5 yrs and her face has never been on social media. If I post family pics, I put a little heart on her face.
As a grandmother, I have to respect her request and if I didn’t, I would expect her not to send us pics.

7 Likes

Post all you photos with the privacy option “friends except” and make her the except.

Seriously :woman_facepalming: in my experience grandmas love their grand babies in an extraordinary way, don’t get in the way of that

4 Likes

She’s proud ! Damn what I’d give to have family like that

If there is a reason like a good one not just “your the mom and they’re your kids” then I’d be upset but what is the reason for you? What does your hubby have to say? They’re his kids too. Are they pics she took? If they are yours don’t send them,don’t let her have access to your pics. If there is a good reason. If not this is just nonsense.
I totally get why some people keep kids pics very private but they usually have pretty crazy circumstances to do so

Wow talk about disrespect! MIL needs a forced break from the kids!

Ask her to make her page private so not everyone in world can see them

Stop sending her pics and make your profile private.

1 Like

Good grief what ever happened to feeling good when a grandma wanted to show off her grandkids because she is a proud nan

3 Likes

A lot of entitlement from grannies in these comments. Just remember your title doesn’t make you ENTITLED to someone else’s child. :relieved::nail_care:
Don’t be surprised when one day the parents stop taking the kid/kids to see you. Keep disrespecting the parents.

4 Likes

I would block her n cut her off 100%!

3 Likes

My question for you is what does your partner say as it is his her or whatever mother does that person have a say and I’d ask that person to talk to the mother

Educate her on how pedos take those photos

Is there a reason you don’t want her to post the pictures? When I scroll I see lots of grandparent posts of their grandkids. They seem sweet and loving.

1 Like

But honey she’s a proud grandma she’s nor committing a crime is she

If you don’t post pictures on social media of your kids you have every right to ask that no one else does, regardless of their relationship to you. However if you are posting pics, it’s kinda hard to say she can’t.

I see both sides. She’s so happy and proud to be showing off the grandkids, but also have her make it to where only her friends on Facebook can see them.
And also, if you’re sharing pictures of your kids, why can’t she?

1 Like

If you’re posting them to social media, you cant be mad If anyone on your friends list posts them. Keep your kids off social media If it’s that big of a deal.

1 Like

Just keep reporting them to FB, and reason is you don’t giver her permission

Maybe she’s so proud of them that’s why she does it be happy she loves them so much