My neighbors are loud at all hours of the night: Advice?

Sone people you can’t help.

I’d be making calls to the landlord every night it’s past the noise ordinance…wake up the landlord. Call the police each night on the non emergency line too each time they are firing at birds or doing something against your property and/or making noise past the noise ordnance too. Eventually they will do something.

6 Likes

Wake them up at 6am. I used to mow my lawn very early in the morning. They got the message.

12 Likes

My neighbors are the same way but with their dogs. They just stick them outside in the middle of the night and from 1 am to 4 every night they continuously bark and howl and I am so sick of losing sleep

3 Likes

Wtf? Nah, I would go crazy on somebody for waking me up after midnight being disrespectful, especially because it’s effecting your kids!!! Do the cops not enforce a noise ordinance or anything after a certain time??? I would find out who owns the property and have all the neighbors sign a letter and send it to the owner! No matter if you don’t have a noise ordinance where you’re at, that’s disturbing the peace and disorderly conduct wherever you are! I’d call the cops every single time they did it if they obviously don’t care about respecting other people’s rights.

5 Likes

Boy would my music be on loud in the morning…lol…
I would call cops when they are shooting…

2 Likes

Keep calling the police and making complaints. If you possibly know the actual owner of the house they are renting try giving them a call as well.

3 Likes

Noise legally has to be off by 10 pm. Call the police. They are also littering, performing animal, and trespassing if they are playing games in others yards.

1 Like

If the police has to show up to the neighbors property more than 3 times they will get evicted. That’s what happened to my neighbors, they were racist, constantly calling my girls the n word and telling them to go back to their country (mind you my girls were 2&6 at that time) constantly throwing their beer bottles and cigarettes over to our yard. So we called the police and they handled it.

5 Likes

Where do you live. Most town have a noise time shut off. Call the police.

2 Likes

find out your city’s noise ordinance and call the cops. be careful not to bitch at them for the next few times so they dont think it was you

As a 911 dispatcher, you need to call in to your local agency and make a complaint. Make sure you are telling them EVERYTHING that is occurring. Especially the shooting from bb/pellet gun. If they are shooting towards a dwelling that is a HUGE no no and can get arrested for it.
Regarding the music your local agency might ask you if you are willing to sign a cite. Because the officers peace cannot be disturbed a citizen will have to sign the citation and go to court. If you don’t want to that is okay. The officers will have to continue to go out there every time you call. Don’t be afraid to be annoying and call it in multiple times during the night if they don’t stop or turn the music back up etc etc.
911 v non emergency line - if they are shooting and are shooting towards a dwelling 100% call 911. If its just a noise complaint as in music, yelling, or vehicle noise call non emergency line.

6 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/my-neighbors-are-loud-at-all-hours-of-the-night-advice/9005

1 Like

Whatever you do don’t retaliate. It will just make them worse. If your neighbours are equally upset with everything get a petition signed by as many as possible have a lawyer contact landlord. The lawyer then has multiple residents not just you. Lawyer can let landlord know his renters are causing chaos in the neighbourhood and legal action will be taken against the landlord if he doesn’t deal with it.

3 Likes

I had neighbors just like this. I kept praying they would move. They did. Thank the Lord! If I called the police they would get even louder after they left.

If you should happen to lose your cool. DONT ADMIT ANYTHING. Deny everything good luck and I pray you have a peaceful and rational outcome.

1 Like

Killing birds and discharging these weapons should be noted in complaints.

11 Likes

I’m sure they sleep eventually…so during that time, you and all your neighbors give them a taste of their medicine. See how they like it.

1 Like

Cut you grass at 8 in the morning with the radio on so you can hear while cutting grass. (maybe they might still be asleep) oh yes it is legal to cut grass . :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grin: good luck.

I had neighbors that the kids played in the street and the ball would hit my car, house and flowers. I would yell and one time the kid told me to go back in my house. I told him a few well chosen words. Call the cops each time don’t give in.

4 Likes

You need to find a wild life for birds rehab,I am sure if you show pictures of dead birds you will have a crime. It us illegal to shot birds.

1 Like

Get some boxes put all their trash :wastebasket: in them that you find in your yard put it out by the street and if they say anything it’s trash :wastebasket: and when the trash man comes it will be gone

Sounds like my street. Yesterday and today back-and-forth on their motorcycles it seems like it’s every 25 minutes. Tried to take a nap couldn’t do it.

I just watched Fear My Neighbor last night,It was about same thing,it ended in murder.People have no respect.

1 Like

Most towns/cities have ordinances about noise allowances after certain hours, about litter being thrown away improperly, about the use of bb/pellet guns in a residential area. Get very familiar with what’s allowed and what’s not. Ask to have a sitdown with the city’s police department citizen’s rep, code enforcement rep (if it’s a different department) & notify the property owner of what you’re doing. When laws are broken call the police each & every time, if that doesn’t work contact the city manager, then work your way up thru the ranks of your alderman & mayor. Nobody should have to put up with this bs.

5 Likes

I once had a neighbors dogs that barked late at night. Talked to other neighbors and we started calling every night when barking started. In one week barking stopped. Calling landlord when noise etc starts every time May get them to do something keep calling police and document everything. Great info above.

It’d be a shame if they woke up and all their bike tires were flat. :sweat_smile: Just kidding! Lmao…Annoy the hell out of their property manager and the police. Document everything, every single time.

1 Like

Not sure if your town regulates rentals. In my town, the Borough does inspections every year of each commercial and rental building. IF this is a rental, they may be in violation of Borough regulations. The landlord will be unable to have the building approved if the renters are violating town rules. This will also provide the landlord w/the legal ability to evict them. Check w/your Borough – in addition to calling the police.

1 Like

I will tell you if my son’s did that, and I knew about it, I would be over there for sure. Not to old to get a butt whopping. And apologies would be made with some clean up going on.

1 Like

Be nice and stop trying to stop them…give it a few weeks and then call the cops…they then won’t think it was you. If they are renting maybe complain to the landlord. But you don’t want him telling them it was you…

1 Like

Call the cops, that’s what I do when my parents’ nuisance ass drug addicted neighbors keep them up all night. It works for the night but you just have to keep calling every time it happens.

Contact the rental agency and/or the owner, tenants like these will also totally trash the inside of the house. Had neighbors like that, 13 people in a small 3 br house, one slept in a van right under my bedroom window, door slamming, heater turned on every hour in winter. Finally evicted, the owner is still working on fixing the house 3 years later.

4 Likes

Check on nuisance ordinance in your town/city. Many areas have a law that will fine the landlord if there are too many calls for police to one address. The landlord can terminate their lease for violating it for interfering with their neighbor’s right to a peaceful living.

7 Likes

Personally I’d get the land owners number and make sure every neighbor has it if he gets enough phone calls at midnight or later he will talk to them.make sure you record it to show them

5 Likes

I would tread lightly however I wouldn’t do nothing either. As long as you have everything documented,recorded I would go ahead and call out the homeowner they rent from. Show them what’s going on and tell them what you and the neighbors have to deal with. As the homeowner they are responsible for the tenant. If you have too, I would call and wake up the homeowner EVERY TIME you’re disrupted from your sleep and let them deal with the issue at hand. I would also put a call in with the police department at the same time so you cover all bases. Hope things work out well for you!!

Do all the same during the day when they are passed out reve the lawnmover make as much noise as you can it will stop

Call the police. Every single time. Noise ordinance or no noise ordinance their behavior is a nuisance to you and others. Report noise, alcohol, trespassing and damage to private property Nd disturbance of the peace.

4 Likes

Sugar in petrol tanks of bikes dead birds through their letter boxes and work as neighbours to force landlord to do his job

2 Likes

Nyc its after 10 pm no excessive noise. I dont think a friendly note asking them to keep it down will help.

1 Like

Same problem here for 25 years and first time had this issue unfortunately they own the property

1 Like

Bet them at there own game they have to sleep some time.

1 Like

Call the landlord, the police, HOA if there is one. Play Christian music loudly during the day, throw all bottles and birds back on their side

1 Like

Most cities have quiet times, which may vary. Have you tried calling the local law enforcement?

3 Likes

Mow your lawn at 8 in the morning

7 Likes

Do you have a HOA in the neighborhood? Let them send the homeowner a letter and the renters. Also most Counties have Noise ordinance laws.

1 Like

Play music or mow early in the morning so they know what it feels like

Next time they are quiet late at night shine a spot light on them, blare your radio and party like a rock star

I had the same problem. Went out and shut off the electric breaker. Went back out at 6 am turned it back on.

Talk to the landlord first, have police sit on street at night because of traffic

Call the landlord. I’m sure there are some kind of laws that he must make his tenants abide by. Maybe threat of eviction will make them think about it.

1 Like

Next time call the police they could damage your property, and they are violating your privacy with annoying behavior.

Find out who the owner or property manager is and inform them what’s happening. It wouldn’t hurt to ask a lawyer what they think as well.

Call the police who in turn usually all owner of the property at the time of noise and if he gets woke up enough he will stop it or evict them at least he should but call cops at every instance I had a similar situation and they stopped making noise at all hours once cops kept showing up

call the landlord every time you are awakened and make it his problem too,then maybe he will act right and get them out.

call the police EVERYTIME that they do something (its a record) call the OWNER of the rental unit each and every time they do something… HARRASSING YOU is THEIR FUN and the rental owner does NOT give a damn because THEY aren’t experiencing it . SO , make sure the OWNER experiences it … ask other neighbors if they are being bothered , if they are get names and look into filing a lawsuit towards the rental owner because it is causing your land value to decrease … when the OWNER of the rental property feels hurt because of the people they chose to get money from and it has to be used to justify the choice , they will be asked to leave … If no neighbor wants to get involved OR they don’t care about what is taking place , you might want to consider leaving and finding a better environment for your family.

Put up cctv record every thing written down dates times

These is on the landlords ,if ghey don’t do any thing its time to gt a lawyer and have do the rest andhe should have to pay for it all.

Had the same problem two years ago,called council who provided recording devices also phoned whenever they woke me up basically make yourself a nuisance to the authorities.Also start phoning the letting agency and complaining any illegal activity phone the police straight away and if there’s no response report the police they have a job to do,in the end their occupancy was not renewed.Mind you I still had a few nose to nose and I turned the hose pipe one day but as an ex rugby player and 17st plus I enjoyed it.But now we have a lovely couple with three lovely kids next door who my grandkids play with plenty of noise and we love it so persevere,and make the council do their job.

A little wake up heavy metal each morning around 5 am may do the trick!!!

have you told the police about them shooting the birds? That should bring out the animal rights people & maybe get something done.

I am so sorry why so many people think they can just do anything beyond me but there ought to be some law against this behavior that police could enforce of course now police can hardly enforce anything its chaos rules ridiculous

Call your local news station. Have them come out when all this crap is going on. Protect yourself by remaining anonymous.

Contact the local council also the landlord should be made aware of what’s going on.

Turn the table on then when they try to sleep Turn your music on as for the beer bottles or cans throw them back over the fence or drive way call the police for littering $1000. Fines :slightly_smiling_face:

I feel your pain. We had a bad neighbor once too.He was arrogant, a Bully ,and Abusive.We called the Cops and they sat down and chatted with him then told us We had to get along with him cause he owned his house and he has a right to do what he wants in his own yard. It wasn’t contained to his yard though. His motorcycle friends rode through our yard and into my flower garden. You have some leverage as they are renters. Notify the landlord and then have the cops talk to him/her.

If these are nocturnal people that don’t work during the day (which is the way I am wired) they will hate when someone runs motorized things during the day when they are sleeping if they don’t just sleep through it. But they probably figure you are working all day so they can rest easy. So you will have to find someone or take times off to run the worse noise in the world is a leaf blower during the daytime right close to their house. Or even a block away it will wake me up from a sleep. That and a chainsaw. Lawnmowers not so much. So just buy yourself a leaf blower that is the neighborhoods worst enemy. It has a high irritating pitch that you can’t block out and it seems to irritate everyone’s dogs at the same time. And start just about 7am when they are getting into their good rem sleep. Because most these people don’t finally fall to sleep until about 4am.:rofl:

If they are trashing your yard. Sounds like a small claims case for them to clean it up

Call the police, council or a lawyer. Find out your rights.
Get all your evidence together a long with your neighbors. Maybe get a lawyer to write a legal letter to the owner. It worth a try it might wake the owner up to do something about it.

Turnabout is fair play. Be loud when they sleep.ex mow the lawn three times.

Have you looked on line to find the landlord? Send a letter to him about the noise, hopefully you have recorded the noise, with date and time. See if its Section 8, call in noise complaints, document.

Complain to the landlord of the property and local authorities. You have the right to quiet enjoyment of your home. There are noise ordinances in every
municipality. Don’t engage with the offenders, just document everything. Young people have come up without being taught respect for anyone or anyth8ng.

Out of most of the comments I read I noticed no one said call the game warden as well . Killing birds is illegal without a license and possibly out of season . Also illegal within city limits . Even with a bb gun .

If there is a noise ordinance in your neighborhood contact the police. And if you know their landlord contact them as well…that is ridiculous and your kids can’t even play or sleep at normal hours

2 Likes

Do u have an Ordinance in your city conncerning this?

Call the cops they cant make noise after 11:00 pm in most states…

Bag it up and throw it in the yard from where it came from. Neatly that is.

Complain to the police directly. Don’t engage the neighbors anymore

4 Likes

Need to contact owner of the property make a formal complaint in writing

4 Likes

Call their landlord at what ever time they wake you up, also the police

10 Likes

Don’t let this escalate into an episode of Fear Thy Neighbor!

4 Likes

Get a petition going. Let police know you will be contacting your local newspaper then do it.

5 Likes

Have you called the police?

You and your neighbors need to call the police EVERY time!

1 Like

Do they work ?? When do they sleep ?

I would keep calling the police time and time again

1 Like

Call the police… Until something is done. Thee shouldn’t be any reason for anyone to get away with something like that. That’s harrasent too… They shoot into your yard… Noise pollution… And no I am not an old cantankerous person and call police for nothing but they lack respect and need to be hauled in for a night… You could even say they scare you and your kids cuz they act aggressive when you ask them to stop… Seriously people need taught manners.

5 Likes

So selfish and inconsiderate, do hope you can get it stopped

I would take pics and videos and sue the landlord. Bet they leave

1 Like

Sad when you can’t enjoy your own home.:cry:

1 Like

That’s awful. Do you know the homeowners they are renting from? The owners may be able to help put a stop to it

5 Likes

Call the cops. How hard is that?

2 Likes

Call the police it is after curfew.

1 Like

Call the police on them. You can remain annomous. Just tell them it’s a noisy complaint.

Call the real estate or leave a message or call owner and wake them evety time

Find out who owns the place and target them

Just phone the police that will put a stop to it the more you call they will fined

Unfortunately we have raised a society of disrespectful adults

Too bad I don’t live there they’d quit

Keep calling the police with noise complaints.

We have neighbor kids like that and the cops won’t do nothing about it.