My new boyfriend let his dog lick him in the face...am I overreacting?

I have always said you can’t trust people that don’t love dogs/animals, so send him my way if it’s a problem for you? :woman_shrugging::joy:

7 Likes

My little chi will find every hole in your face and try to lick it. Gotta be quick with that one. Either get used to it, or find someone more compatible. Dog lovers don’t find dog kisses gross.

1 Like

You should go back and EDIT your post so we all know that you’re in 7TH GRADE, before we waste our time on this stupidity …

4 Likes

You might want to rethink your relationship. This is the dogs house. Not yours. The rules were made by his parents that pay the rent. They choose to have him there A dog can be affectionate. That’s what they do. . Not being an understanding animal lover will be a big issue. Dog stays, you go. You will not be able to control your partner on this issue. I’m sorry .

5 Likes

I guess it’s up to the individual person some don’t mind it while some do. If you care about your new bf you’re going to have to get over what he allows and just explain that you don’t want a dog licking you in the face

I personally don’t like being licked and it sounds like you don’t either, which is perfectly fine, however you are overreacting. His face, his dog, what can you really do other than just let it go and remember it could always be worse.

1 Like

I didn’t even finish reading….find a new boyfriend. Y’all aren’t gonna work out

16 Likes

Please remember you rolled up into THEIR house.

5 Likes

I babysit dogs and let them on my furniture and show them love and they show it back with kisses and such. They are part of the family here. To each their own though everyone has some different Lil thing they do.

1 Like

My fur babies are all allowed on the furniture and gives lots of kisses. I don’t see anything wrong with it

4 Likes

I think you’re over reacting a bit… our dogs are allowed anywhere are children are allow my dogs licker me in the face my kiss in the face n my fiancé in the face though he don’t like it much lol some people don’t like it but just express ur feelings with him not saying he’s gonna stop but least he knows ur feelings on it

4 Likes

Well this will get deleted :joy:

1 Like

I think you need to lighten up. Seriously, somebody get this girl a lamp. Believe it or not there are people in the world who allow their fur babies to lay on the furniture and give kisses. Life is too short to be THIS uptight dude, seriously.

4 Likes

You don’t love dogs you are a fraud

6 Likes

Get over yourself. Dogs can be family too. I love getting kisses from my animals every now and then.

2 Likes

Please don’t get animals to those of you who find this a problem.

Hold on. You didn’t like that they let their dogs, get on their furniture??? Are you real??? Like. Is this a real post??? Please leave

1 Like

I’d say you are not compatible. Walk away, I think you are entitled to have your feelings but he won’t change. I’m on his side He loves a dog and lets it lick his face, no big deal. His family letting the dogs on furniture is so not your problem. Find someone who likes dogs on your level.
From the loving dog owner who doesn’t let her dogs lick her face but let’s them on the furniture :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

99%of people let their dogs kiss their face. You are the oddball.

3 Likes

Dont have kids bc youre going to get a lot worse in your face than some puppy kisses. :rofl:

10 Likes

You probably need to be with someone who doesn’t have pets and is as uptight as you are.

6 Likes

That’s why it’s called FUR/NITURE. Most dogs are treated like family. They are part of the family. Maybe :smirk_cat: you picked the wrong Guy.

1 Like

Please find a new bf with no animals

4 Likes

So what you really are saying is that you don’t like dogs. Why aren’t they allowed on the furniture? Why can’t they lick you on the face? Those dogs are apart of their family. Hopefully your boyfriend finds a girlfriend that loves dogs.

3 Likes

I’m guessing you don’t have kids?? Or dogs… Dogs are absolutely beautiful creatures and will love you longer and more unconditionally than any human ever will.
Dump the boyfriend and get a dog and learn what real love is!!

3 Likes

Maybe the dog thinks the same about you😂

10 Likes

OOOMMMFFFGGG I’m not even gonna start with you :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I would be more bothered if he let’s you on the furniture and kisses you!!!

6 Likes

Girl, I’d feel the same way. You’re not over reacting. Dogs eat shit and lick assholes.

2 Likes

yoooo i don’t let my dog lick my face or my kids faces , that’s so gross after watching him lick his junk … got me fucked up lolll i can’t believe how many people are ok with this :sweat_smile::joy:

What a stupid fucking post lmfao.

Please allow your boyfriend to find someone else who loves dogs

12 Likes

He can do better :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

OP are you there?…. Lmao wait until the dog scoots on the floor or sits on the floor by the bed and watches you and bf have sex lmao :rofl: Crickets guess they left

Just say to him hey you know the dog just licked his butt right? :joy:

You don’t love dogs lol

9 Likes

Petty Betty… maybe you just don’t want to really be with him and you are trying to find any pathetic reason to get out? Let him go and find someone who wants to be with him dogs and all.

6 Likes

Everyone is entitled to their own feelings. If this doesn’t work for you it’s time to decide to accept it or move on.

10 Likes

Doggy kisses and doggy cuddles in bed or on the couch are the absolute best

7 Likes

You sound ridiculously uptight. It’s their furniture, their animals… you have absolutely no say in it. Who cares the dog licked his face.

6 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t3: I don’t like for my animals to lick my face either but I definitely don’t see it as wrong or not normal for people to let their animals or even mine do it…… Gross yes, but not wrong or not normal…. And my animals are aloud everywhere but the kitchen counter stove and sink and areas where we have breakables and stuff like that (for my cat) :woman_shrugging:t3: Everyone I know is the same way with their animals if they have any.

11 Likes

You’re allowed to feel that way but if you even approached him about it then yes you’re overreacting. Animal love & boundaries (at least for true animal lovers) are nearly as important as finances so you likely aren’t as compatible as you think you are. And if you ask him to change that makes this situation even worse.

Is this the same woman complaining of her boyfriend sleeping in his boxers with his daughter?? :woman_facepalming:

12 Likes

I bet that dogs mouth is cleaner than yours though… :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_shrugging:t3::smile: I mean… Just being honest.
I hope you tell this man how you feel rather than telling Facebook because he deserves to know that he either has to choose you or never owning a dog again. Clearly, he’s an animal lover and you’re not on that same level.
I love my two dogs. They sleep on a nice comfy couch rather than the floor BECAUSE THEY ARE ANOTHER MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY in our eyes so they deserve the absolute best. If my partner would’ve cringed when my dog licked me or jumped up on my couch to cuddle with me, then that would’ve been a deal breaker! I don’t really let my dogs lick my face, but I let them lick my hands and arms. My partner lets our dog lick his cheek once in a while and that doesn’t bother me one bit because it isn’t my face nor my place to tell him if a dog can or cannot lick HIS cheek. You sound a bit controlling and overbearing. After reading this post, now I’m thankful that my significant other loves our dogs enough to let them lick his face!

3 Likes

I don’t like dogs licking me at all however if someone else’s chooses to it doesn’t bother me at all but I’m also not a animal person and personally don’t have any. I just don’t see why u would care what they do with their animals.

Grosses me tf out too but some people love their dogs like you would a child and it’s just how are :woman_shrugging:t4:
If you plan on being w this person, decide now because he may get a dog after y’all marry :rofl:

oh, so you would have a dog in your home and NOT let your dog on the furniture in the home he lives in? please don’t ever get a dog, or any pet for that matter.

7 Likes

Yes its yuk but that’s what they let the pets do nobody can tell them differently
BUT
Heck wash your hands and face before you touch my face I’d be splitzville not my cup of tea
My friend let’s her dog do it as well.

Unless he starts licking the dog back, you should be OK.

7 Likes

My dog licks me in the face allll the time she shows her love that way and man I love that dog my daughters dog but she has my heart too

Why are Dog People like this?

1 Like

Pets are family and often sleep in beds and on furniture and its almost impossible to break that- they are a bit like babies and we are their safe space.

The licking of the face yes gross but again its normal i believe its like them sniffing other dogs butts they get genetic information.

Overall you have to decide if he’s worth getting past this or if you need to move along. Sorry but They will choose their animals over you. They are family and you aren’t.

4 Likes

My son’s dog runs into my room, jumps on my bed… kisses me (links my face) and runs out. It’s just their way of showing affection. It’s not that serious… at all. If you don’t like it though, let him know… it can definitely be a deal breaker

2 Likes

He needs to dump you, some people treat pets as family, he isn’t for you let him go

5 Likes

You don’t deserve him. Let him be with an awesome dog loving chick. You suck.

1 Like

Believe it or not, this is going to be a major issue between you two. People who love their pets like members of the family, and treat their pets like family members, are going to think you are weird for thinking they are weird. They aren’t going to understand that you don’t see it as normal … and your boyfriend is not going to change the way he acts around the pets. You either get it or you don’t. This could be as big an issue as disagreements over how to discipline your children. It’s a big issue.

All I can say is … if you don’t love him the way he is now, don’t expect him to change in the future.

3 Likes

Omg how stupid honestly, :roll_eyes: this has gotta be a joke right?

2 Likes

I bet were talking to the same girl, who lets him lick her booty hole then kisses him after… :roll_eyes::unamused::laughing::rofl:

8 Likes

We ask our dog for a kiss he licks our face. They are our family.

2 Likes

I wasn’t a dog lover until I got my chihuahua (my service dog) I don’t like my face licked but there are times when he gets overly excited and he ends up licking me. I just wipe and keep it moving. If you don’t like it, then don’t have them lick you but you can’t stop your boyfriend from doing it. I think it’s ridiculous on your part to have an issue with him doing it. Now if it was the mouth then that would definitely be gross!

1 Like

I hate being licked in the face…but I’m also not a dog person lol. I’ve always loved on every dog I’ve ever met, but the general idea of dogs turns me off. The slobber, the smells, the jumping up and accidentally hurting you. I’ve never met a dog who hasn’t won me over with their sweet and quirky personalities – they’re great, and they didn’t choose to be dogs. :rofl:
I’m a cat person but there are people who think they’re gross, too. To me, they’re family – which is exactly how dog lovers feel.
It’s okay if it grosses you out, but he’s probably not going to see the issue. You just have to decide if that’s a deal breaker for you.

1 Like

As much as I love my fur babies, I definitely don’t want them licking my face. But I know lots of people that don’t care and let their animals do it. If it bothers you that much maybe he’s not the right fit, or just ask him why he doesn’t think it’s gross.

1 Like

Why are Dog People like this? You’re not alone lol

3 Likes

If he licks the dog back then yeah red flag

3 Likes

You sound like a whiney baby lol. Don’t say you love dogs and then go and post this BS. I honestly can’t believe you thought this was important enough to whine about it to a huge group of strangers lmao. Please set this man and his dog free now. And also please don’t ever get pets. I already feel bad for them🥴

5 Likes

I koss my dogs on the snout all the time. She is my giant baby. Our dogs sleep with us and out kids and get where ever they please on the furniture. That being said, it drive me nuts to be picked in the face. I hate dog breath. Some people dont mind. Live and let live and all the stuff​:heartbeat::heartbeat:

1 Like

We don’t let dogs lick us in the face but I don’t see it as a big deal for those who do. And ours sit on the furniture. Who has time to train their dog to sit on the floor? Lol

My dog is cuddled up next to me in bed right now and she kisses me on the face!

3 Likes

This is a joke right? Your just trying to get people worked up haha

Hey folks! Some people don’t like dogs! Nothing wrong with that! But yes, since he’s a new boyfriend, she should probably cut her losses and move on.

2 Likes

This has got to be a joke.

3 Likes

Someone more in their head than me
Thank You, I now understand how my “friend” feels when I start overthinking

Somethings wrong with you animals are like family

4 Likes

He needs to dump you, haha like really? A dog is part of the family an that’s how they kiss, I kiss my dogs on top of their heads, cheeks,an nose, they usually licks my face after I give them kisses. I mean I wash my face regularly, so it’s not a huge deal, my dogs also sleep in my bed with me. I tested the waters dating a guy with the same views as you, an he turned out to be fucking crazy in other aspects of life too. So I vote this dude dumps you an runs away with his dog

You need to find you another boyfriend without pets.

4 Likes

Get a boyfriend who doesn’t have pets. You won’t have that problem, simple as that.

4 Likes

I get were your coming from but that shouldn’t gross you out from your bf

Lmaooo this made me chuckle I hope it’s a joke cause if not yikes

5 Likes

Yes, you’re over reacting. You’re just dumb is all, make sure you let someone else do the thinking for you because holy sh*t.

5 Likes

Me as I lay here reading this :rofl:

5 Likes

Think you need to just find a new boyfriend it’s not gonna work out :joy:

2 Likes

Some people like that thing, me not so much. Ask any vet how much bacteria a dog has in their mouth. It is just gross and people either don’t care or are stupid. Either get used to it or walk away from this situation because he will never change even if he is educated.

6 Likes

Idk bro think it’s you. I give my animals the Nala love snuggles :black_heart::joy:

5 Likes

I personally don’t like a dog licking me at all but if they do more power to them
And there is absolutely nothing wrong with them letting their dog on THIER furniture it’s not your so don’t worry about it.

5 Likes

You’re the gross one

3 Likes

There is a difference between hateing dogs and hateing being licked in the face people! But to the person that wrote this post, you do realise it was your job to stop the dog licking your face don’t you. Stand up. Say no or ask for a command from their owners. Don’t whine about it. If you don’t like something speak up! How were they supposed to know you weren’t a fan of being licked? My friends dogs love to lick people in the face but I’ve never let them do it to me. If they jump up on the sofa I tell them no, give them a look and they feed off my vibe :joy: and like I said before, if you stand up a doggo can’t do much.

Get a new boyfriend sis , he sounds like a gross and disgusting , addicted dog loving . You deserve waaaaaay better :eyes::eyes::woman_facepalming:t4:

8 Likes

Ewww gross no.
Dog licks it’s own asshole then licks your lips.
:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:
Hard pass. You can miss me with that bullshit

:rofl: I cant with this. They are completely normal. Most pet owners treat their pets as family (because they are) and allow their animals inside, on furniture, give kisses/hugs. A person who loves their pets and a person who views a pet as “just an animal” will never work well together in a romantic relationship.

13 Likes

Get over it, I’ve always aloud dogs to pick my face

2 Likes

Lol every person with dogs do this doggy kisses.

4 Likes

Go home and be by yourself. and single forever. You seem like the type that’s gonna nitpick everyone and everything and whine about it

6 Likes

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

1 Like

I don’t like that ish either and I absolutely adore my 2 babies. One is 13 and I’ve had him since he was 6 weeks.
I take great care of them. Get their teeth cleaned regularly.
But to LICK someone’s face? Naw. I see them lick themselves and I am not ok with that. And wouldn’t be ok with my husband doing it. Damn sure not my kids.

I think you need to respect his decision on dog licking. He likes it, u don’t. If u like him……look past it!

1 Like

Tell me you’re a cat person without telling me you’re a cat person :joy:

7 Likes

Do him a favor and break up now.

5 Likes

Nut case
He should drop you

5 Likes

My partner is annoying with his dog too but it’s him not me so I don’t care

You sound miserable :confused:

6 Likes