My sisters boyfriend proposed to her at my wedding without asking me: Advice?

My husband proposed to me at his sister’s wedding, BUT he had permission. My engagement ring was in the bridal bouquet, so even she was in on it. But to do it without permission I feel is not ok. I agree with everyone else though, it’s not your sister’s fault. It’s hard to get over those hurt feelings (I know I’ve been there on a similar matter) but family is family. Don’t let it get between you and your sister. I would have a stern talking to with that young man though…

1 Like

Oh hell no. My wedding is my day not for you to announce anything

1 Like

It’s okay but if you want revenge my sister has always said " if someone gets proposed in my wedding I’ll announce I’m pregnant in their wedding even if I’m not, go to labor in her baby shower and lastly have a fake heart attack in her funeral 🤦

14 Likes

I mean when I hear people get upset about someone proposing at their wedding sometimes I feel like they’re over reacting. But if he’s only known her 3 months barely knows the family didn’t talk to anyone ahead of time & did it in such a big way with the mic & everything… that’s a little much under the circumstances. Don’t be mad at your sis it’s not her fault & she might be on a cloud rn not even realizing the situation

3 Likes

Well it is not your sisters fault…it surprised her as well…so i am not aure why you dont talk to her…other than that; it sucks but it happened so i am sorry they took that from you

1 Like

I personally would not be mad but I’d think my sister would want something more special a day just for her to be proposed not like eh I got proposed on my sister’s wedding :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I’d be pissed. You don’t do that at someone else’s wedding. That day is for them. Propose somewhere else

2 Likes

Tisha Westermeyer Taelin Goethe good thing both of you are married already :joy:

1 Like

I don’t think you’re overreacting at all. I think it’s disrespectful and tacky to propose at someone else’s wedding. :woman_shrugging:t2: for the exact reason you said. It was YOUR day and they took that from you. It wasn’t about them. It would have been different if he asked. But he didn’t.

That would definitely upset me.

1 Like

Hell no I’d be livid

I think it is rude that he didn’t ask parents and that he didn’t talk to u, but was your day still special, did u make memories that u won’t ever forget,sure they had a moment of attention but theirs was a brief second. U can’t let that say it ruined your entire day. If the day was still beautiful then I would at least tell her and him how it upset me that they took the attention off of u And your husband that moment and became the attention in the room and didn’t have the decency to speak with u about it since it was your wedding and leave it at that. I would dwell on all the good fun and memories of that day more than just that moment. Don’t let it affect how great your day was. And don’t let it come ahead of your relationship with your sister. I’m sure she didn’t know he would do that

1 Like

Why haven’t you talked to your sister?? She wasn’t the one who interrupted your wedding he did. Also I get what you are saying you can be upset and still be happy for her. The wedding is over and you get get it back just make the most of the memories you enjoyed

1 Like

Why would you blame your sister? I’m sure she had no idea he was going to pull that.

2 Likes

Im sorry but I would be so upset after spending all that money and stuff he had no right to do that on your wedding day there is a time and place for stuff like that but it’s not your sisters fault

1 Like

Sorry I’d have cussed his ass out ten ways to Sunday. Wouldn’t be mad at my sister but FUCK that dude :+1:

Its extremely rude to propose at another persons wedding. Even if you ask and they say its okay its still innapropriate. Show some damn tact. That’s their special day. Why would anyone think that would be a good idea? Its lazy and rude. People are there to celebrate them. They put a lot of money and planning into their wedding. Let them enjoy it without someone stealing the limelight. If you want certain people there when you propose then make plans of your own. Shit makes me cringe. When people say it’s a celebration of love it means THEIR love. Not yours or anyone else there on their special day. It’s not valentine’s day. Your proposal can wait. That’s like proposing at a funeral. Like damn shits not about you and if you feel like that shits okay then there are some broken connections in your brain.

I just wanna know what your parents thought though… :eyes:
My mom would have lost her ever loving mind :joy::joy::joy: Molly Boone Griggs

7 Likes

Try to get pregnant and announce your pregnancy at their wedding :rofl::woman_shrugging:t3: I’m joking. But it would be hilarious.

15 Likes

Clearly sisters new boyfriend is a bit of a romantic and got carried away with the events going on around him.
I get your upset…but you know maybe it is the start of a lovely life for your sister… and the new boyfriend. (I wish I even had a sister).

1 Like

It was rude and inconsiderate but it is done she didn’t do it . Try to let it go and just announce your pregnancy at her wedding. Jk sorry it happened but honestly let it go honey focus on your marriage. Congratulations :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be mad at your sister cause in reality she didn’t know it was coming either, but I’d be fuming at the boyfriend, 1 for doing that without asking and secondly doing it at your wedding! I’d be announcing I’m pregnant at the hen do and baby’s gender at the wedding :joy::joy:

3 Likes

It’s so tacky and disrespectful to do something like that I would be pissed too

1 Like

That was your day not theirs

1 Like

Yeah I definitely think that’s tacky as hell but it’s just not worth the fight. I’m not sure why you aren’t talking to your sister? She’s not the one that knew it was going to happen I’m sure.

2 Likes

I would’ve shut that shit down and told him to get tf out its not his big day nor your sisters big day it’s yours. He should’ve asked you let alone you dont do that at someone else’s wedding that rude disrespectful inconsiderate. He tried to take all the attention from you and made it about him and your sister. Yes it’s not your sisters fault but if I was her I would’ve told him no because he just disrespected you on your big day

I don’t think you’re overreacting! They’ve only been together three months that’s one, he should’ve asked her at your wedding that’s two, and you really can’t blame your sister if she didn’t know it was coming, but you should talk to her about how you feel and how it made you feel that day!!

1 Like

Buy that guy a book on manners ! Good Lord…he needs it!

1 Like

Get pregnant and announce your pregnancy at their wedding :smiling_imp::joy::joy::joy:

15 Likes

It’s very tacky. Sorry this happened to you, but it isn’t your sister’s fault. Talk to her!

4 Likes

If it was my sister I would be extremely upset but thats just because our relationship isn’t good. Actually now that I’m thinking about it my sister wouldn’t be at any of my functions but just in general its rude. That’s your day and should be all eyes on you and your husband. Also congratulations to yall!!

2 Likes

Yes, you’re over reacting. Choose kindness. I hope you celebrated in their celebration that took place on the day of your celebration. Be honoured they chose your special day to have such a moment. You will always remember the gift of sharing their union. #somethingtotellthegrandkids

5 Likes

Oh no, I’d be pissed. But I’d be pissed at HIM. Don’t be angry at your sister since she must likely didn’t know he was gonna do it. The amount of time they’ve been dating doesn’t excuse that behavior.

1 Like

I would talk to my sister and be like dude wtf?! I wouldn’t be upset with my sister and I know my sister wouldn’t be upset with me for saying something to her about it.

Very insensitive in his part. The sister probably didn’t know about this. Talk to her.

1 Like

Yeah a wedding is not an appropriate place to do that.

2 Likes

Don’t be mad at your sister, she had nothing to do with it. Be proud that your wedding was his amazing place to propose and was made even more special because it inspired more love :heart::heart:

3 Likes

You sound like a lovely lady glad u ain’t my sister

5 Likes

It’s really inappropriate. I wouldn’t punish your sister. She didn’t choose for him to propose then. Or do you think she did? 3 mos is kinda crazy. I think asking the parents is kinda old fashioned.

1 Like

Its something thats being done . Has been for a few years now. What if she said NO ?

He should have asked you if it was okay first… I would be mad for a minute too but life is too short to sweat the small stuff so just try to forget about it ! Congrats on the new marriage !

It’s too bad it wasn’t planned and that you weren’t in on it because that could’ve been a really sweet moment that you could’ve all been part of.
I think being taken by surprise at my own wedding would be a little annoying. I’d be more annoyed that I wasn’t in on it, not so much that my spot light was stolen.

1 Like

Tell her he’s not a keeper

2 Likes

No I’d be pissed, very inconsiderate!

6 Likes

Not sure why you are holding this against your sister. 3 big red flags here. 1. They only dated 3 months and he has a wedding proposal? 2. He did not even discuss it with her parents first? 3. Proposed at your wedding without asking. But truthfully, I would be okay with the number 3 if numbers one and two were different. I think you are over-reacting. Wedding are a celebration of live all around and it no way takes anything away from you. Now, did your sister say yes or no? I hope it was no? Does not sound like a good idea.

1 Like

I can understand where you’re coming from, it was YOUR big day and you want all the attention! He should have asked you or your husband first and tbh I would’ve said no lol but I wouldnt mad at your sister, you should talk to her and tell how you felt about what he did because she might agree with you and hopefully make him apologize…

2 Likes

Did she say yes lol .Heell Naww I’d make a speech at their wedding telling the whole story about what he did at yours ruin their whole $&#+ :joy::joy:

9 Likes

Wait til their wedding then grab the mic from the DJ and announce that you’re expecting :joy::rofl::skull:

16 Likes

Why is it your sister’s fault?

Get over it & be happy for your sister!

2 Likes

I myself hate attention but it’s not your sister’s fault 1 bit. U should try n look at it thru his point of view n your sister’s as well

It’s extremely inconsiderate u are not overreacting, even if someone asked me I would not allow it

2 Likes

wildly inappropriate

2 Likes

Girl! I’m getting married in August, and I swear I’ll knock a mf out… it’s disrespectful in my opinion. Period. :woman_shrugging:t2: don’t be that person that makes someone else’s day about them. F that.

5 Likes

Bridezilla over here… my big day and took my attention away blah blah blah gurl you just got married be happy you did and don’t focus on omg not all the attention was on me and it ruined my big day… be happy that your sister is engaged instead of being bitter that all eyes were not on you. And everyone saying red flag red flag it’s 2021 people date and get married when they want who the hell are you to say when that can or can not happen. 3 months 2 months 4 years 10 years it’s not you’re life it’s not you’re choice

5 Likes

I’d be upset. Not so much at your sister if she didn’t know he was going to do it, but definitely at him.

You’re overreacting! Be happy for your sister. You DID have your day. You got married! What exactly do you think you lost!?

1 Like

Oh my gosh he probably took a couple of minutes to propose to her and then it was over it ain’t like it should have ruined the whole night you’re married and happy it should be happy for your sister and her boyfriend

1 Like

Yup. That’s just rude as well.

I agree with you. Some people don’t mind things like that happening at their wedding, but it would bother me. and he should of asked you first for sure!
&&&& you said he’s been her bf for 3 months!??? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Who cares! It’s a very romantic day. Lots of people get engaged at weddings🙄

1 Like

I don’t think you should let someone else’s affairs (even if it is your sister) ruin something so important to you. Just let it go and focus on the joy and happiness of the day for you. You can’t change what happened, but you can change your attitude

2 Likes

I feel like you’re definitely over reacting. I wouldn’t have been upset at all if someone had proposed at my wedding. But to each their own. :woman_shrugging:

No ur not over reacting… that was your big day … I’d be annoyed too especially if that’s what your goina remember from the day too

3 Likes

It would have been different if you knew him well and he asked your parents and you knew about it. But none of those things happened so, I would be unimpressed too. But it’s done so let it go. Nothing you can do and no use being bitter about it.

2 Likes

I would think it was an added bonus to my beautiful day ! My sister getting engaged :two_hearts: You can’t change it so just be positive about it I doubt it was planned to ruin or take attention away from you and your husband .

9 Likes

Oh hell NO! I would also be peed!

I’d announce that I was pregnant at their wedding even if I wasn’t. :joy::joy: jk but yeah that’s really messed up, but again it wasn’t your sisters fault that he did this. What’s said by her after is her fault though.

8 Likes

I don’t think you’re over reacting especially is he (the sisters boyfriend) didn’t tell you. It WAS your big day and all eyes should’ve been on you, like… it’s YOUR wedding. And the fact that he didn’t tell you he was going to purpose is just disrespectful. Be happy for your sister that she’s engaged but you have every right to be upset that it wasn’t ALL about you (especially if you spent lots of money on the wedding for it to be all about you)

1 Like

My opinion is you’re overreacting. You did have your day. You were the bride. It’s on you that you are focusing on the proposal and not the moment your husband said his vows or you saw him when you stepped onto the aisle. I get that it was rude but now you’re going to ruin your relationship with your sister and future brother in law, for what? A wedding is just one day. Also with regards to her dating for just three months,…my husband proposed to me after knowing me for just 12 days. We married a year later and are now happily married for almost 13 years. Some of you all have been dating people for more than a decade and are waiting for a ring! It’s their relationship not yours!

8 Likes

Don’t take it out on your sis. It was rude though.

4 Likes

I’m getting married soon and my sister knows if someone is wearing white she’s gonna add some color to their dress if someone gets down on one knee she’s gonna tackle my wedding my day I’m not spending money to take 2 or 5 or 10 minutes away from me

4 Likes

Although people feel like they “own” the whole day you don’t. It is over and done with, get over it. At most they probably took up 20 minutes of “your” (and your husband’s day).

2 Likes

Why aren’t you talking to your sister? It’s not like she knew about it. I totally agree with being angry I definitely would be too.

I get why you’re upset but you can’t change it. What’s done is done. Focus on those amazing memories that you and your husband made and the now together. Also I don’t understand why you’re not talking to your sister? Was it not just as much of a surprise to her too and is it really worth ruining y’alls relationship?

7 Likes

Can’t wait for both divorce parties…yay!!

6 Likes

Oh God. The drama. Just be happy for them and sthu. I’d be thrilled at such a special moment!

4 Likes

I personally think you are overreacting. He waited until you were married and after the first dance. Maybe he wanted her whole family there to witness it to make it special for her. And that was the opportunity to do it. Alot of men don’t ask for permission to marry anymore. He probably wanted it to be a surprise. And it was. And idk why you aren’t talking to your sister. You should be happy for them because I’m sure she was happy for you when you got engaged and married.

5 Likes

Can you change the day now? No. It happened. Get over it and stop being upset with your sister, it’s not her fault that he asked her on your special day… I am sure she would love for you to be happy for her as well as she is for you. Don’t let little things steel moments from you… A moment that is lost can never be found again.

11 Likes

Wow that’s messed up I would of spoke upto ur sister and her boy toy is 3 months a little to soon don’t u think :thinking: yes I would b heartbroken and upset it was suppose to be ur special day marrying the love of ur life foe bless ur heart :heart: have a very fun filled life

4 Likes

OMG, Personally I wouldn’t care . I would of been over the moon and probably would of cried and felt good about it… I probably would of told everyone to raise there glasses for a long happy life together and asked to see the ring. After all it’s my sister…

11 Likes

Announce your pregnancy on their wedding day. :rofl:

21 Likes

Sisters can be bitches!!! Stop letting it ruin your day…and of course ignore her till she apologizes…!

I would announce pregnancy at her wedding :rofl: #pettypatty. I would never speak to her again.

4 Likes

I wonder if the whole marketing of weddings misses a few points.
And one of them is it is not the bride’s day.
It is the couple’s day!
And your future brother in law possibly caught the romance and the dignity and the whole family (and not his own family) .
It was undoubtedly clumsy. And most likely he thought it was just beautiful because her whole family were there to witness her response to the proposal.

4 Likes

Was the proposal at the wedding or the reception after a few too many?

I’d be pissed if my man thought it was a good idea to propose to me at someone else’s wedding! His wrong for doing that

2 Likes

No you’re not over reacting. They stole your thunder on your day. That day and event were about you and your husband and the commitment you guys made to each other. It was very inconsiderate of him

3 Likes

Whats wrong with u be happy for your sister…

6 Likes

get over it…she didnt steal ur day or your moment

3 Likes

There is no big deal here I see nothing wrong with what they did. Your concern should be if he his the right one for her period

2 Likes

But why blame your sister? She had no clue and you cant hold her responsible for his actions

10 Likes

That is disgusting and my petty ass would be announcing my pregnancy at their engagement party, give birth at their wedding and die on his birthday :partying_face: cheers!

Some are saying talk to your sister. She had nothing to do with it. Talk to the sisters, now fiance.!!!
He might be narcissist, and wanted to show off in front of your guest. And your family.
Congratulations and Best wishes

2 Likes

This is a hard one. I’ve seen it be done several times. 3 month is a lil early if that’s how long they have known each other? My best friend of 16 years was going to propose to me after being together for only 3 month, until I stopped him cause I felt he was only doing it cause he fucked up. I’d be happy for my sister. I don’t think you should have stopped talking to her. That’s time lost with her that you can never get back. You had your moment and dance. Atleast he waited till then. I think you should call your sister and discuss it with her.

Personally without permission I’d be pissed off…
No different to another person rocking up to your wedding in a wedding gown.

Id be pissed off too

7 Likes

Um this is stupid as hell. Get over yourself.

1 Like

Your issue is with the boyfriend not your sister. She had no idea. Dont take it out on her.

So he couldn’t afford to take her to dinner and ask her for marriage :thinking:?? Tell your sister to not marry him, he is a cheap person and 3 months dating is a joke to propose marriage… i doubt they know each other well. About him proposing in your wedding ,if it was me I honestly wouldn’t care , is my sister after all, I would be happy, it was just a moment and it’s nice to share happy things or news around the people you love, it was your day most of the day and it happened already so why even think and get mad about it??? Talking to them won’t bring your day back ,you could only let them know that you are selfish and want your moments to be yours and only yours and for them to not do this again in any of your moments​:smirk:

1 Like

Explain to them how immature and rude it was to do that . It was your day.

1 Like