My son's father may not be who I thought it was, what do I do?

Be upfront and tell your husband Now about it. Dont leave it until you get a paternity test and yeah you shouldnt of told your EX first,

6 Likes

i don’t have the energy to explain basic math to you but if a whole month passed between partners, it’s pretty easy to calculate who is the dad.
I stopped reading after you said you told your brother. Sorry not sorry for being judgy but what kind of person tells the ex and her brother before talking to her own husband/the kids “dad” for its entire life?! That’s super weird and awful.

14 Likes

Your poor current husband. He deserves so much better.

7 Likes

Wait. You told your ex, before your current husband. You’re an idiot

7 Likes

You need to show your current husband this post?

1 Like

You’ve already hurt him by not confiding in him first don’t continue that by not telling him at all…if you have suspicions he probably does too…you need to have this talk…and as far as the last part you posted…don’t dwell on what could have been….yesterday is history tomorrow is a mystery and that’s why today is called a present…do what’s right by you and your children but in the same sense make sure you don’t loose what you have now…

4 Likes

What do you mean you “discovered”? After 10 years, you suddenly think he could be your ex husbands son? Despite paternity, that IS your husbands son. He’s the only dad he has ever known. And you should have respected him enough to have a conversation with him about it. You DEFINITELY should’ve talked to him about it before your ex. and why in the world would you tell your BROTHER before your husband?? It honestly sounds like you regret your divorce with your ex husband and think this is a way for you to get back together and “have the family you always wanted.”

15 Likes

Do the paternity test first and then if it is just be honest

1 Like

Damn I wouldn’t of told my ex before my current husband because if he ever finds out that you did hell never look at you the same.

I would’ve taken that possibility to my grave if I’m honest :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Be honest, tell you’re husband, make amends for going to you’re ex first. And stay with you’re husband, who’s been beside you. Do what ever He wants,

2 Likes

Moral of the story: use protection or don’t bone 2 different guys without protection/birth control. I feel sorry for the current husband

1 Like

All u can do is tell him the truth if u didn’t no u did not no, I hope for the best

It sounds like there is more to this story your just telling the “innocent version”… :thinking:

6 Likes

Your current husband is the one who has been there. Not the shitty ex.

You current husband should have been you first person you spoke to about it. You’re about to mess more than your life up and by leaving him out you are asking for the trauma that’s gonna come after. TALK TO YOUR HUSBAND!!! Geez…

6 Likes
  1. You didnt just start noticing…you have known the entire time who the father was.
  2. You trapped your current husband to raise this kid because you knew his actual father was an unreliable POS
11 Likes

He cheated, you kicked him out. There is your answer. Why are you feeling a typa way just because…

2 Likes

This is the wrong group asking for them to be nice. I know you’re emotionally struggling with this but you have made some very poor choices in this situation. How about take some accountability. You really need to tell your husband everything you just shared with us. If he continues to stay by your side after the fact, count your blessings. If he decides to leave, that’s on you and you probably deserve it. Be prepared if the second outcome happens. Good luck!

9 Likes

Ignoring anything else, my concern is that your ex had a feeling or knew he had a child but for nearly 10 years has done nothing to find out or have anything to do with the child!

21 Likes

The father of your son is your current husband, the donor of half your sons DNA is your ex. Big difference, biology does not trump who cared, raised and loved you. The father in this situation is clear best thing u can do right now is to stop keeping him in the dark. I speak from personal experience from my childhood and from my son’s current situation. As for what could have been with your ex, know that we never miss what’s meant for us, everything that happens is meant to happen, divine timing seemed to be at play here with you husband coming at the time he did. Don’t live in the past and what could have been that will cause you unnecessary turmoil and heartache. It is what it is. Good luck, you have a tough situation to deal with🙏🏼

19 Likes

You should have been honest from the moment you thought of the possibility… and you both navigate this together.

Now, you already scheming and plotting and confiding in others. This will end in tears.
You need to be respectful to your husband.

You are probably going to end up lonely if you continue what you are doing.
This is not a tough decision. It’s the only decision.

12 Likes

Most states ask when you fill out the birth certificate if you were divorced in the last yr ,if so they often put the ex name on the birth certificate

You sleep with your ex, a month later get together with your current husband and a month after that you realise you’re pregnant.

A, you knew

B, didn’t the doctors correctly age the baby during pregnancy?

C, was your child born a month ‘early’ at full weight?

D, you’d been trying for a family for years and then ‘miss’ the fact that you missed your period. No. You knew. That’s why you slept with the new man so quickly without protection.

E, you come to this conclusion and tell a FB group? You’re just looking for people to validate you so you don’t feel as bad when your current husband resents you.

F, both men in this situation have been HORRIBLY wronged by you. Yet the person who will suffer the most because of it is the child.

15 Likes

You shouldn’t have went to ur ex first. This is all gna end very bad your son.

5 Likes

Strange when they date your pregnancy they do it 2 weeks before 2 weeks after. When they dated my daughter me and my x hadn’t even slept together. There was no other man, I new the exact date I got pregnant and had her exactly on my due date. Unless your obgyn was fresh out of school and a complete idiot, you absolutely new it was your xhusbands. You tell us he cheated on you that’s y u left then your last sentence says if he u new it was his maybe your relationship would have worked and had family u always wanted… so did he really cheat or were u hoping everyone would say what a piece of shit he was and validate what u did. You new and your new husband is either a complete idiot for falling for your lie and your a master manipulator

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My son's father may not be who I thought it was, what do I do? - Mamas Uncut

Let me start with… you need to talk with your HUSBAND about all of this. I would tell him the situation. Did he not know when you first got together you had recently separated from your ex!? I would be pissed if I found out my husband went to an ex before me.

Secondly… he cheated. A child will not stop someone from straying or leaving. I think you need to stay with your husband as he is the one whom raised this child with you. The other one knew that boy looked like him and literally said NOTHING… Not to you, not in court for a paternity test… nothing.
Also, if you had sex with them 1 month apart. When was your due date? You can figure out who’s child he is from just that alone.

6 Likes

You need to discuss this with your husband. From the way your talking it sounds like you still have some kind of feeling for the ex and that’s gunna play a huge part in this. Your husband should underatand that this wasn’t something you did intentionally , however he may feel betrayed that u went to the ex and have been talking to him BEHIND HIS BACK about this instead of coming to him. That is what may hurt the most. Be a big girl put on ur big girl panties and talk to your husband I stead of everyone else :woman_facepalming:t4:

48 Likes

Should have done left it alone. Now you creating a whole nother’ mess and traumatic experience for your son, your husband, and family if it comes out positive. SHOUKD HAVE TOLD YOURRRRRR HUSBAND FROM THE GET-GO. Now, it just looks totally looks disrespectful and alienating by going to the ex first. Whyyyy would you do that… :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:

52 Likes

So you went to your ex with this first? Lady, you are in some serious trouble. This is not how you treat someone you love, this is going to be a double whammy for your husband. Finding out his son is not his and then the way in which this had been dealt with. Poor guy.

25 Likes

Show your now husband what you have written here it may soften the blow on about what has happened.You have become so distraught of what’s happened that you don’t know what to do. He may symphasis with you or he may get angry . But I’d show him this and the comments that have been made only bcos you can’t find the words in what to say. I only hope he comes to your aid good luck

1 Like

I would talk to your current husband before proceeding any further… he may feel betrayed that you talked to the ex about this before him. Open communication in a relationship is best, even if things get strained at times, it will be easier to work through it and hopefully come out stronger. Let your current husband know what you think and how you feel about the situation and get his input on it. Let him know he is a wonderful father (if that is true), but by finding out 100% your son’s biological father is what is best for your child, esp if the ex would be a good father figure… if he questioned it though for so long, why didn’t he bring it up? Why didn’t he want a relationship with the kid preciously? After you talk to your husband about it, discuss both of your thoughts and go from there… have paternity tests done on both, and let your current husband know what your thoughts are for either outcome of the results. If you plan on staying with him, let him know the test results dont change how you feel about him…
But you need to talk to him before getting paternity test, otherwise things will be even more strained

1 Like

Be honest! Tell him upfront and deal with it! If he raised that baby, then he is dad regardless of blood. Give him time to think and let things settle. Then get the dna test!

1 Like

I think you went to no mans land and you can’t recover from it. You went to your ex before your husband which was so wrong! Your husband deserves the truth and the fact it’s clear you still crushing on your ex , imma say you should prob walk away from husband now. How long have you been holding these feelings for ex? I know your husband has no clue of these feelings. You created a horrible mess. Prayers.

2 Likes

This is a really hard situation. But I think what is best for the child is to have everything stay the way it is. Which unfortunately can not happen since you took a test. I would have discussed this at length with my husband but I truly believe it will just be confusing and hurtful to both your husband and your son when this changes everything. Unfortunately if the test is positive it will be up to your ex if he wants anything to do with your son and at that point you’ll have to share him it will be very scary for your son to stay in a home with people he’s never met before

2 Likes

You would have known based on your due date when you were pregnant, approximately when you would have conceived. That’s a months difference between guys it should have been farely obvious who was the father based on that info alone. Do the math and figure out who you were with at the time of conception. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

:point_up: they all said it… why not go to the husband first? There’s your mistake that is gonna take time to fix. The rest can be decided through a bunch of people, you dont have to have all the answers there… good luck

2 Likes

I’m going to say you probably should’ve discussed this with your husband first.

I wouldn’t doubt it if he sees the resemblance and knows that there’s a possibility that he’s your ex husband’s biological son.

IMO— your current husband has raised him, he’s your son’s father.

Idk if you took the paternity test yet or you’re set on taking it. You said “he is willing to do a paternity test”— then said “Idk if u should wait to tell him till I get the test back”

I would discuss all of this with him ASAP.

7 Likes

The first person who you should have shared this possibility with is your husband. I think the outcome would be more positive & less hurtful in the long-run.

28 Likes

This is something you should have talked to your husband about before doing. You need to tell him you have put all this in motion.

1 Like

First off u have disrespected ur husband by not discussing things with him before everyone else…u say everyone except u knows :woman_facepalming:t2:come on lady u knew there was a possibility it was ur exes bby.Second u were in a relationship w ur x for years then after only a month u run to another man and have unprotected sex :woman_facepalming:t2:u didn’t give urself time to heal or even see if things cld be worked out with ur first relationship.The fact tht u said "what if "and tht u cld have had ur family with ur x shows ur not totally over him and have sum regrets about how things went down with u two.Ur current husband deserves to know the whole truth and definitely deserves a woman who will respect and truly love him becuz u obviously didn’t care enuff about his feelings to talk to him first.As far as the DNA test goes I think it shld be done and if it comes out positive talk to ur child depending on age if he’s older of course and let him know and see what he thinks about having a relationship w ur x if he is the father,he deserves the chance to say how he feels about it…And if ur husband forgives u ans chooses to stay with u after all this I think he has the rite to have a place in tht conversation ,he’s raised ur son all thses years I’m sure they have a bond so I hope tht if it doesn’t end up being his they can continue to at least have a relationship good luck!

2 Likes

I would NOT do a paternity test without talking to your current husband. Not only has he been the one raising this child for the last nine years, believing he is the father, but he is LEGALLY the father and has a right to express his opinion on the paternity test. The fact that your ex has suspected it for this long and hasn’t reached out tells me that he wasn’t too eager to have a relationship with your son, so I would be very leery of letting him in his life now. If it were me, I would talk to my CURRENT husband and then probably leave things alone unless your ex pushes for a test. I never would have reached out to my ex without talking to my current husband first. It seems like your loyalty is a bit misplaced here and if I were you I would take immediate steps to fix that before you end up destroying your marriage and causing irreparable harm to all of your children.

43 Likes

You can forget about , “if I would of known , we would of had a family. You are with your husband. The father of that child whom he’s been caring for all his life. I wouldn’t even contact the daddy and let that shiii be. Unless your wanting more with your ex , but that would be suicide. Hope I can get all that sorted out. And he is not the father and u guys can move on.

2 Likes

You not knowing isn’t going to be the problem, it may be hurtful, but the real issue here is that you’ve been conversing about this possibility with your ex BEFORE your current husband who from your post has been very good to you, unlike your ex. Sometimes people are conniving. I’d tell your husband before your ex does.

4 Likes

You should have spoke to your husband before the ex. I think it was extremely disrespectful that you did that .

2 Likes

First you need to go ahead and discuss this with your husband before he hears talk from somebody else. There are too many people that know it’s possible at this point. Explain that way back then you never thought it was a possibility but now you’re not so sure. Next you need to figure out how to explain this to your son if your current husband isn’t his dad. Honestly if your husband knew back then you had only been away from your ex for @month then he should have wondered back then anyway. It just is what it is! But be honest upfront about the paternity test etc otherwise you’re keeping secrets you shouldn’t keep and digging yourself a hole.

2 Likes

I would tell your husband. Im sure he would be more upset about you keeping it secretive than actually explaining it to him and having an adult conversation about it.

3 Likes

He’s worked miracles for other family’s could work wonders for yours as well and do the paternity test plus provide therepy and whatever else you guys may need

If I were your husband, I would be really really upset you went to the ex husband before me. I don’t know how you recover from that.

34 Likes

Is it really going to make a difference is your new husband is not the father? I mean it sounds like your husband had raised him since birth so in my eyes, he’s the dad. Just be sure that’s a can you really want to open because you can never close it again

11 Likes

Talk to husband and let him take the paternity test and go from there. Sounds like you have a great relationship. Everything will work out.

I wouldn’t show this to your husband, it might encourage him to be more upset than he would be without all this negative input. Hopefully he loves his family, including his older son and wants his family to remain close without a lot of drama!
I wish you a good outcome!

Just remember ever action has a consequence and are you ready to deal with it.
Your husband and son deserve your respect and consideration. Take it from there.

Why don’t you do a dna test with your husband and if it comes back negative then you know it’s your ex’s child then do something from there not go behind your husbands back and talk to your ex about your situation and your brother you should be talking to your husband

Here’s my answer: Picture how you would feel if your ex did this to you. What would you do? How would you feel? Any reaction he has, is perfectly valid because you would be perfectly entitled to your own reaction if he did it. Just keep that in mind.

Oh honey. This must be torture. Honesty is the best. No matter how bad it hurts, the truth can be accepted, a lie (or omission of truth) is harder to forgive. Sending a hug.

Gurrl you should have talked to your husband first because if you noticed BELIEVE me he noticed too. He probably just tells himself he’s being ridiculous. With you doing the test he’s probably going to think you want to get back with your ex. If your ex had his suspension before why wait till now till you say something. He obviously wasn’t that worried not to mention he cheated on you. Your in the wrong for keeping this from your husband. Your son sees him as dad and knows him as dad. Now you’re risking it all for what? I am just going to assume that your not fully over him and on some sort of level you miss him.

You do not hold that kind of Information from your Husband. Should have left that can of worms closed.If any concerns were there you should have talked to your husband first about it. The child is going to be the main one in the mess.

You should’ve talked to you’re husband first not you’re ex about it then decided together what to do.

1 Like

Stop worrying about all the “what ifs” , rip the bandaid off and tell your husband . Get the test done… id tell him before he finds out thru all these other people .

I hope your current husband ditches you after what I’ve just read no respect for him whatsoever poor guy!

4 Likes

How could you possibly not know when there was a month inbetween. Sleeping with the 2. I’m sorry but this makes no sense to me.

This should have been spoke about with current husband first.

I def would’ve talked to my partner before telling anyone else…

3 Likes

The truth will set you free…your child deserves to know…get the test

I would talk to your husband. Do you still have feelings for your ex

I would ait your husband down and tell him exactly this, when you slept with your ex and when you slept with him and how close the dates were so the child could be your exs. That’s not your fault though! You moved on from your ex and struggled to have a family with him, you really need to outline this with your husband so he understands the entire situation. However it’s upto him how he chooses to see your son afterwards, if he wants to remain as dad that’s amazing, but if his feelings change for the boy… that’s really not upto you and it’ll be quite unfortunate.
Do what’s right by the boy, sooner or later it would have come out.

Your husband is still his father, he’s raised him, fed him, changed him, got up with him in the night took care of him when he’s sick, picked him up when he fell over, wiped his nose, the list is endless, a piece of paper doesn’t change anything. I’d wait until you get the results then have the conversation x

Worst thing is you have done all this behind your husbands back. You should have only first discussed this with HIM and you both make decisions from there. He has been completely left out and then he’s going to recieve heart breaking news. This is disrespectful to him and your married. He has raised this boy, loved him and deserves so much better than this.
Why wonder what could have been, your ex was a pig and cheated on you.
Why find out? Why turn your son’s and your current husband’s world completely upside down for what!? A father is the one thats the present person in his life raising him. You have most likely just ruined your family and broken your marriage.

Wait why the Heck would you tell you ex before discussing this with bot only your husband but the man that has raised that child for 8 damn years!! Like what in the world!!!

This kid is not a baby. Your ex has known for years/months that he possibly has a child yet he has ignored it. You’re the one that initiated the DNA test. You’re going to open up all kinds of cans of worms here including a custody mess where you could possibly lose joint or full custody of your child. You’re doing it with a man who has cared nothing all along if this was his son. Just drop it. Leave it alone. You’re about to disrupt a bunch of lives including your own. You are a fool if you go through with this!

I got to the part where you said your husband doesn’t know yet.
First as your husband he should know because not only will be feel some kind of way about his son not being his he also has every right to be pissed that you went to your EX before you went to the MAN you sleep with and built a life with. Girl sit down asap with your husband and y’all decide what hat to do from there because it’s YALLS son at the end of the day no matter who’s sperm made him.

5 Likes

Didn’t take you long to crawl in the sheets with someone else. Sounds like you ex wasn’t the only one cheating.

8 Likes

Eek, if this was a road you really even needed to go down, you should’ve been having these conversations with your current husband y’all could’ve made a decision together about what to do and what not to do :woman_shrugging:
Sometimes you gotta leave well enough aloneeeee.
But yea, ex shouldn’t have been the one before your husband.

3 Likes

Oh wow, this is definitely heavy and every single thing you’re feeling right now is valid. It’s a bit concerning that you’re worried about how your husband will feel instead of your son though. Yea sure he’ll be hurt but your son will be lost! At least the ex is willing to have a relationship with him if he is the dad. Your husband is a grown man and any reasonable grown man will under what happened here. He will be hurt and lost too but I don’t think you did anything wrong…life just happens!! A good man is always a good man regardless of how things play out. You definitely need to sit down with him and talk it out before the test results though. Should have addressed it with him before the ex.

1 Like

You should have discussed this with your husband before talking to the ex js.

Just get DNA problem solved

Definitely call the Steve Wilkos show

3 Likes

I stopped reading…tell your husband. Now!!!

Why didn’t you tell your current before your ex?
Your ex apparently has suspicions but never reached out. If I were your current I’d feel betrayed simply because you couldn’t confind in your partner when you were feeling doubts and vulnerable, thats a big red flag for me personally.
Tell him. Be as honest as possible and accept whatever decision he makes, good luck x

7 Likes

Whether the kid’s his or not, he cheated and left you for someone else. Don’t be stupider than you’re already being.
Emotionally, it may suck. Realistically, you had close with your ex and current in close proximity. You have nothing to feel guilty about and your husband has no right to be mad or hurt if the kid isn’t his.
And stop being dumb :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t4: as in, believing the ex and everyone else “knows.” They’re speculating.

if other people already know please tell your husband. he shouldn’t find out from a third party.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t have said anything so what if it’s your ex’s especially since he apparently already knew. You’re husband raised that kid you’re husband is that kids father. You should of waited till he was older told him that his dad might not be his dad and let your son decide who he wants to be his dad or if he wants a relationship with a stranger. If your ex really cared about the kid being his he would’ve said something to you. You fucked yourself and your husband not only are you bringing your ex back into your life your taking away your husband’s kid and he’s gonna be put second as dad after raising this kid for 9 years. Pray he doesn’t get upset and is understanding because I would t be.

I just really really want an update when y’all find out :pleading_face::eyes:

12 Likes

You need to tell your current husband. Before you get that test. Don’t be surprised if he’s upset by the fact that you went to your ex with this information before him. Your husband has been that child’s father for almost 10 years. Coming home from the hospital, feedings, sleepless nights, milestones, he was there. He sees himself as that boy’s father and you withheld information about his son from him and took it to your ex first. I would be livid if anyone withheld information about my daughter from me, especially my spouse. I would feel extremely betrayed. That’s a poor choice on your part for not telling your husband first. My thought is you need to tell him immediately. Before any test. You will have to deal with the fallout. You’ve involved your ex, his wife, his family and you can’t put this genie back in the bottle. But you need to let your husband deal with his emotions any way he sees fit. I don’t think his feelings about his son will change, he’s been his dad for 10 years, you can’t just switch it off. Well I mean any decent parent can’t. It’s not that child’s fault. But everyone deserves to know the truth. I feel like everyone is going to suffer because of this, you, your husband, your ex, his wife, his children, your children but especially your son.

11 Likes

It’s not like you cheated on him, just tell him now before you let anymore time go by

3 Likes

Id luv to know outcome & hope its ur husbands

1 Like

Your husband raised that boy! He is his father…

5 Likes

" But I feel guilty about all the time that we lost. I’m grateful for my husband and that he gave me a family. But how different would my life be right now if I would’ve just waited it out and didn’t go looking for someone else after I kicked him out. Would he have came back to me to have the family we both always wanted? IDK what to do or where to go from here, I’m at a loss. I’m all over the place."
…
You went to your ex first with the info. Not your husband, the one whos been there for him and raised him his entire life. Your ex.

You got that right, you really are all over the place. Messy. Your husband deserves better, ngl. You’re over here wishing upon a star that your ex would come back to you 10 YEARS LATER, because the kid might be his “now that you think of it” smfh. That alone tells me that you’re not really about your husband, and if your ex (who obvi isn’t for you if he was cheating on you behind your back) wanted you back, you’d probably make it happen.

Wanna know how your life would be different? You’d not have your 2 younger children, your first child would be emotionally fucked because mommy and daddy hate each other and fight all the time because daddy makes mommy cry and isn’t involved enough to give a damn and mommy is a fucking mess. That man you have now is a blessing to you and that family he helped create and take care of. Seems to me you regret your husband and wish it was your ex instead.

I said what I said.

I would have talked to my husband before talking to the ex about it.

9 Likes

Your child’s father is the person who raised him. For lineage and health purposes, you should find out for sure, but it shouldn’t impact anything for their relationship.

3 Likes

So instead of focusing on the “would have should have” that people are posting focus on that how to go forward, because you can’t change what’s happened. If I were in your shoes I would talk to your current husband, tell him how it transpired. You didn’t cheat on anyone. I will say don’t focus on what could have been, focus on what you have now. Yes, your current husband will be upset, regardless to how the events and information transpired, but if he’s a good guy then you’ll both work through it; get therapy together if you need to.

For the ex and what could have been, he cheated on you when the going got tough, I have a feeling he would have had the same excuse to cheat if you could have kids too, don’t dwell on what could have been, it won’t help you move forward.

Finally, I can’t imagine how emotionally hard this is for you now, be strong so you can guide everyone else through it if your son is your exe’s, you’re family will need you to be clear headed and strong. Listen to them, how they feel, work together (ex included) on how to move forward with the new information. I however would caution sharing this with your son until you know the results, while kids are resilient they are also going through a lot of developments emotionally, be sure before you tell your son.

6 Likes

Facilitate a relationship with them.

This is the beauty of Islam. For these reasons Islam restricts a divorced woman or widow from marrying a new man for four months. :v::v:

This is just asking to borrow trouble. You ended it because he cheated. Ok next “his whole family thinks he’s the dad”. If he wanted to be dad he would have contacted you. Why call him up in the first place saying u think the child looks like him? Your current husband is the dad. He’s the man who’s been there. Count your blessings in what you have and don’t look for trouble!!

3 Likes

Why didn’t you just turned to your husband? That’s where you went wrong

1 Like

I can’t believe you told your ex but not your current husband :grimacing:.

2 Likes

My mil had this same thing happen. She got divorced remarried quickly and thought my husband’s brother was her new husband’s. 12 years later her husband started to question the child’s looks and he did a DNA behind her back. Come to find out he was not his he was the ex husband’s. He filed for divorce right away and now she got back with the ex on and off.

1 Like

Isn’t the family you have now “the family you’ve always wanted”?