My sons father will not let me leave the state: Thoughts?

How would you split time evenly once he’s in school? It’s not possible. Sorry, but I don’t blame him for saying no, I wouldn’t let anyone leave the state with my children either. He’s being petty because he won’t let you take his child from him? Ummm, no. If you really wanted what was best for your son, you wouldn’t be trying to take him away from a good father. You want what’s best for your marriage, not what’s best for your little boy.

7 Likes

I would consult a lawyer and see what they would suggest before doing anything honestly.

It might be in the child’s best interest to stay put and not up root him and move him outta state. At least he has a dad that wants something to do with him and wants his time with him. :heart: hang in there I’m sure you’ll find the right path for what works for your family.

2 Likes

Your son is one now, so maybe “equal” time would be possible. But what about when he starts school? Then someone would have him during the school year and they’d visit the other over breaks. Seeing as how your ex would provide an environment where your son would be able to attend the same school without being uprooted every few years, that may result in him living with dad and visiting you… have you considered that possibility? Would you be okay with that for the sake of your son’s social and educational benefit?
Also, it’s very kind that you are willing to let the dad stay if he moves to where you’re going. But what about when you PCS? Do you honestly expect him to uproot HIS life every few years, too? Jeopardizing job stability, relationships, etc.?
I think you should have taken these things into consideration before your wife joined the military, or before becoming involved with someone in the military (whichever way it happened). Because while it sometimes works out easily for mom and military step-parent to take the kids, I don’t know that it will in your case. He’s an active father who essentially shares 50/50 custody. Rather than make him choose between his child and the stable life he’s already built for him, maybe you need to consider choosing between your son and the life you think will be so much “better.”

5 Likes

My mother did this to me and I resented her so much for it!! The minute I was able to legally choose what parent I wanted to live with I was with my Dad.

5 Likes

Define “better life”. It doesn’t sound like your son is struggling. Go to court it might not go your way. Some states won’t allow one parent to move the child further than the other parent can travel to easily.

1 Like

You could take hime to court but you will just be wasting your time and money. No judge is going to let you take your son away from a father who plays such an active role in your sons life

2 Likes

Do u have a custody order if not then u can leave

2 Likes

Wow, theres some kids being put in some real shit situations by shitty people who can’t control their genitalia. Give that boy to his father, so he can grow up to be a real man.

I say your ex is right? It’s his son too and you can’t expect your ex to move states because you want to

3 Likes

You and your spouse will have to bite the bullet and pay to fly back and forth to give his dad a fair visitation.

That means you will have to go without seeing your child for longer period times while he’s at his dad’s.

Let the courts put something in place.

I really don’t think you’re trying to do what’s best for your kid. I think you’re trying to do what’s best for you and your marriage. Your kid’s dad is active and takes responsibility for his kid and being a good father it sounds like. It doesn’t sound like there’s a struggle or poor quality of life issue to me.
Honestly, you weren’t thinking about your kid when you got involved with this other person at all it sounds like.

15 Likes

Um. I hate to break this to you but… He isn’t selfish or petty. He is caring for the child equally. He loves his son and is invested in his life. He is BEING A FATHER. You don’t have the luxury of unilaterally deciding to move. You’re a mom. You have to choose. You can go and leave your son. Or you can stay and raise him. But his dad is not at fault here. Life is just hard. And it involves hard choices. I’m sorry you are hurting. But be honest with yourself: this isn’t his fault. It’s just a hard part of parenting.

12 Likes

You became a mom first. Just saying

3 Likes

Take him to court for full custody and talk to the judge about ur circumstances. N maybe it can be an agreement between all yall

1 Like

Son stays where he is. You cant have your cake and eat it too

5 Likes

If you don’t have a court ordered joint custody agreement then you can actually leave without his permission. However he can also take your son and not give him back to you. Your verbal agreement is nothing to a judge. Legally with no custody agreement in order he has no rights. But remember…neither do you by law. I would never ever take my kids away from their father either.

3 Likes

Go to court for it that will be the only way you can get permission and not have to worry about any reprocusions show that it benefits you and your son to move to the new state you will have a job roof over your heads better schools that stuff and show your plan for how you plan to co parent if you moved out of state more then likely they will grant you your request

1 Like

You have to sacrifice something here! The wife or your son! I would choose my son but it seems you already chose your wife! Let your son live with his father and work out arrangements for you to see him since that’s probably what’s best for the child considering you believe he only needs 1 parent. I get you want your family together but you made your child in that state don’t expect him to just up and move to follow you.

9 Likes

You can take him to court but they wont tell you you can leave the state. He’s there for your son almost 50 50. It sounds like it might be you who is the selfish one :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I think maybe try to figure out something else, maybe ask the court about living there during the summer months and the child spend half the summer with you and half with dad. I will say this when I worked in child are we had a small child under 1 or a little over 1, I know she wasn’t in school yet anyway, the mother lived is Las Vegas and the dad in Kentucky and that poor child had no idea what was going on, she had horrible fits bitting, hitting, screaming and telling mama mama all the time. This lasted for 3 months so the dad and daycare got 3 months of her being a normal baby. They would split custody,with mom 6 months with dad 6 months. I’m sure by now there is a different custody plan because that just wasn’t working.

1 Like

I’m sorry but what you want to do would be a form of keeping your child from his father. It would really be in your child’s best interest if you stayed; if you really must go give his father full custody and fly over to have visitation. Like someone else said on here, you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Be thankful that his father loves him and is involved, he sounds like a good father.

4 Likes

I agree, he has as much right as you do and should be thankful he wants to be actively involved in your sons life. There are a lot of dead beat moms and dads who choose to not be there. Why would you want to take that away from him and your son? Sounds kind of selfish if you ask me… Your son is the one you should be thinking about here and how all this will affect him in the long run.

Fathers have rights just as much as you and I.

2 Likes

I don’t know where you live but most states will not let you take a child out of state if you share custody. If he takes you to court he will probably win and don’t expect him to do what you wouldn’t. Fathers have rights

4 Likes

Instead of listening to advice that is false, and might get you put in jail or loose your child get a lawyer. No moms don’t automatically have custody just because they’re the mom, Birth certificate, marriage, etc doesn’t ALWAYS matter. Like in my case, he was given 50/50 when we weren’t married and when we was. It varies so get a lawyer before you do anything!

1 Like

This happened with my ex and his first baby mama. She moved from PA to FL and they still were granted 50/50 custody, she had to provide full transportation both ways because SHE was the one moving and since PA is where most of both of their families were, dad was granted custody throughout the school year and she got him for the summers and alternating holidays. 50/50 is still possible to achieve over long distance but since you are the one petitioning to move, be warned that the court will probably hold you responsible for transportation since its not dad’s fault that you want to move. But dont let anyone tell you you CANT move, just because you have a child with someone doesn’t mean they get to dictate what you do with your life or where you go. He seems bitter for not even considering a compromise, I can understand why you would want to move.

2 Likes

How far away would you be moving too? I mean you could live on the border of a state… Like kids dad lives 10 mins across state lines.

1 Like

I was going to keep reading this. But finished halfway through when I kept noticing her putting MY son. It should be our son. So to me there is something between those lines that isn’t right.

5 Likes

You are very wrong! Fathers have equal rights as mothers!!

6 Likes

The court won’t give you permission you leave. My sister just went through the same things In court

It’s not selfish and petty for him to not want his child to leave the state. You can talk to a lawyer and see what your rights are and see if you can compel him to allow you to leave the state, but to say he’s being selfish and petty is completely unfair. His time with his son is equally important, you’re the one being selfish by wanting to take him away from his father for extended periods of time. I’m pretty sure whatever state you’re in, you can better your life there as well.

4 Likes

Not wanting to be separated from his son is NOT selfish and petty…
YOU wanting to take his son for YOUR own relationship IS selfish and petty

9 Likes

Leave the child with his father for the majority of the year then and move. Why in the hell do YOU get to take HIS son from him? Stop being selfish. You want what’s best for your son? Then ether stay, or let dad have him most of the time. Get him on holidays and a couple months i the summer.

3 Likes

Guess you can’t leave

What’s best for your son is to have both parents physically present and involved in his life. I’ve known people to completely lose custody when they’ve attempted to move out of state and try to take their children away from the other parent. You may just end up losing custody. You could always move by yourself, give custody to the father, and then you can have the visit schedule and video chat schedule that you’ve developed for the dad?

2 Likes

The courts wont grant it

I had 50/50 custody with my daughter. One week with her Dad and one week with me. He was the same way. Said he would never let me leave. I petitioned the court and the judge granted me permission to move to another state( my husband is also military). We just tried to make up time where we could he gets her spring break, summer, etc.

My ex boyfriend tried this. I was in court that next day and stupid ass open his mouth saying, “IM NOT ALLOWING HER TO LEAVE WITH HIM”. Judge gave me full custody with visitation at my discretion. With that I didn’t need his permission

So you’re mad that you actually have a baby daddy that wants apart of his kids life, & he won’t allow you to take his son further away from him?! Yea, you’re in the wrong. Leave the kid with his dad & you go if you wanna leave so bad.

6 Likes

Why is everyone freaking out. She has him for the “school year” and the other has them in the summer. What is with yall attacking she can move. It is right. She isnt taking him from his dad. She is moving to a better place. He still is getting visits and custody set up. I don’t get yall. Yes move. But still let him have his kid for half the time almost like you are doing already. Good luck girl

5 Likes

I agree with most commenting.

How is taking your son away from his father beneficial to your son? This is definately selfishness on your end. The father has rights, just as you do.

But as for a basic legal response to your question; If you guys don’t have an official court custody agreement set up, he can only try to take you to court if you move. Which it’s very unlikely you will win in that case.

However maybe try offering to give your son to him for like summers or something? That is why my fiancé’s parents did. His father went back up with his family in Alaska. His mother in Ohio. Mom had him during the school year, father in the summer.
If you have an issue with him being away from you so long, then you are a hypocrite. Think about how you would react to hardly ever seeing your son. Your love isn’t “more” than his.

2 Likes

Is there any sort of custody agreement that’s already been set? If not, he can’t stop you. Moving out of state sucks but it’s to better your families life. You both may have to travel back and forth for visits and whatnot with your son but it’s doable. FaceTime is doable. I’m a military kid to divorced parents, my parents traveled to make seeing me work. It’s not going to be “detrimental” to your child, unless someone chooses to not make the effort for them to see one another. I’d go to court and arrange for some sort of visitation agreement.

1 Like

The fact that he wants to be active in his child’s life is a plus. And more than most men would want. Your wife knew the father was in your lives and you would have to share custody. Why should he have to travel and / or change regular visitation so you can move away to be with your spouse? If the roles were reversed I can’t imagine you would be ok with this and I don’t think a court will work in your favor on this one.

2 Likes

Unless you have a court order you may and I said May be able to do what you want. The father can possibly then make arrangements 2 go and see his son.

1 Like

Its not better for your son’s future, its better for you just to be clear. Taking him away from his father isn’t right and I’m sure if the roles were reversed you would say no too…
But lets play devil’s advocate. You can move ( since its your choice), your child can live with his father and you can visit when you can. Seems fair, right?! :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

I’ve been through this don’t know if it’s the same everywhere. But if the father does not want the mother to take the child out of state he should have a court order stating that. Then she would have to abide by that order if the judge ordered it

1 Like

Is there any kind of court ordered custody? If not, you can move with your wife.
He would then have to fight for visitation.
Its a tricky situation because he is actually parenting. Child support is a separate issue and doesnt affect visitation in any way.

1 Like

U are not wrong for wanting to leave or even going to court but U had a child & arent married so these are the consequences. he has as many rights as u do & moving is not providing a better life for him its a convenience for u & an inconvenience for for dad. Sorry not sorry he doesnt have to let u leave. Be glad he is apart of his life.

Or u could leave your son with his dad & u move…

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s wrong for you to want to move to be close to your wife and not have to pay for 2 separate like living situations especially if his father isn’t providing any financial support. Petition the court for financial assistance if he wants to continue to be a present in the kid’s life and he’ll either take some of that financial burden off of you or he’ll agree to let you go. It’s of course important to have both parents present but it’s more important that they get along and support one another as well as the child.
Thanks to your wife for her service!

7 Likes

Thats your child’s father. I don’t care who your partner is, what they do or where they are. It’s NOT ABOUT THEM AND YOU. It’s about your child! Pull your head in. You have no right to leave your child fatherless because of what you want. If you wamt to be with your wife so badly go, but you leave that baby with his daddy.
I am so damn sick of mothers thinking they have all the right and father’s just have to agree.
NO. he doesn’t agree, so either suck it up and deal with long distance or leave bub and go be with your wife.
You DO NOT get it both ways.

He’s not being selfish by wanting to be close to his son but you are by trying to take his child out of state for your happiness. No court will give you permission to leave while his father is active in his life. If you wanted to leave state you should have done it while you were pregnant. Too late now hunker down for next 18 years bc you’re stuck

2 Likes

First of all the courts wont give you that. And secondly, how is you moving out of state better for your child than being were his father is?
You are being selfish.

2 Likes

You won’t get permission from any court if the other parent doesn’t agree.

Taking the baby away from his father is not what’s best for the baby maybe you but not the baby I’m sorry but sounds like you are being a little selfish . That man has just as much right to the baby as you !

2 Likes

Leave your son with his dad and you figure out a way to see your son since it’s so easy.

10 Likes

Just because your wife is in the military does not mean you are making a better life for your son! His father is present and active in his life and has just as much of a right to be present in his life as YOU do. I know someone who had this same situation. A judge ordered in favor of the father. He could provide a stable home environment for the child. Military life is hard for a child, moving every new deployment, getting settled in a new town every 6-12 months. Choose your battles wisely.

1 Like

You need a parenting plan.

1 Like

What ever the law says is the right thing to do… Feelings should be left outta this situation… Me personally I’d let the courts know what my plans are and take it from there… ITS NOT SELFISH ITS WHATS BEST FOR Y’ALL THAT MATTERS

2 Likes

Put shoe on other foot you leave son with him its not fair to move away when hes active in his childs life

2 Likes

Your son deserves a stable life. His father deserves a stable life. You are the one changing the rules and trying to get your son and his father to fit into this new life you’re creating. You have to decide what’s more important to you. Your son, or your own personal wants. They shouldn’t have to suffer because you want to make changes in their lives. You are only looking at what you want, and not what’s best for all concerned. Bend it any way you choose, but they shouldn’t have to go through uprooting and changing their lives to make you happy. Life is about choices. Maybe dad needs to take full custody so you can go travel around with your wife. A boy needs his father. A father that is willing to be active and present in his son’s life is awesome, and quite frankly, rare. You are being selfish in regard to your son. The wife came after the son. When you make a commitment, you hold up your end. You don’t make new commitments, and throw away the old ones because they don’t serve your benefit

4 Likes

Unless there is a court order concerning this child you are free to go. Once established then see an attorney stating you have full custody and set up visitation. Now listen carefully POSSESSION IS 9 TENTHS OF THE LAW, he cannot have the child until legal issues taken care of because otherwise he doesn’t have to return the child to you.

5 Likes

If(a big if) yall have a parenting plan in place AND hes playing an active role in the life of the child he helped you create, how is he selfish for not wanting you to just up and leave with his kid? If he had no role in this child’s life this wouldn’t be a question. So I just wonder how it’s better for the child? I’m not even trying to bash I just genuinely think this reads as almost you being the more selfish one. I’m sorry that your life is complicated by this, but that’s not the child’s fathers fault or responsibility to accommodate so?

3 Likes

this is very delicate you have to understand you can’t bounce kids from house to house school to school it’s always the child that suffer the consequence of a couple that don’t get along sure might suck for you adults but find a way to make it easier for him

After reading that I highly doubt the courts will allow you to move out of state with your son. You have him four days a week in his dad has some three days a week that’s almost 50/50 a Court not going to take that away from his dad without good cause and you wanting to move to be with your wife is not good cause unfortunately

1 Like

If you haven’t already gone to court they can’t say shit. Only if it states in the court papers that parents aren’t allowed to leave the state with the child do u need to worry.

Go to court make it legal find out your rights’s

Move first then worry about it, force him to sue you to get you to come back. You need to do what’s best for you and the child. You don’t need anyone’s permission. This is all assuming there is no Court Order in place.

1 Like

Dad have rights too.

I see ppl saying the father has rights and this is so true. Now if the shoe was on the other foot what would he do. If his S/O was in the military or just her job require her to move out of state is he going with his wife or leaving her to stay near his son. Its a sticky situation

I’m sorry but I think you’re being extremely selfish. You what to move your son away from his dad to make a better life for your son but all I read is it’s all about you and your wife wanting to be close together which is completly understandable but your a grown up now with a child who this is going to effect. Plenty of people do long distance relationships with people in the military without upping their lives.
Btw please do NOT listen to the people giving you ‘legal advice’ and saying you can take the kid, the judge won’t do anything etc etc it’s false advice and you’ll get yourself in big trouble.

2 Likes

My sister was gonna do that until the father of her child said no she ended up having a abortion because she didn’t even want to go though that but it still didn’t give her a right. But you should put the child before you an stay so the child can be in his father’s life as much as you because he matters as you do​:100::+1:

1 Like

The courts will rule in your favor. You are married and your spouse is serving our country. They’ll make a parenting plan and his dad will get him majority of the summer. Don’t let anyone make you feel bad for doing whats best for your family.

11 Likes

Military life is not a stable life. My mom moved every 3 years, sometimes to new countries. Chances are, your wife is going to have to deploy at some point and you’ll be alone regardless.

You guys are pretty much 50/50. It would be one thing if he wasnt present at all, but he is very active in his life. So, fuck the stupid women on here saying you can just move out of state and basically screw over the dad. That makes you disgusting. Fathers have rights and your rights are no more important than his.

Everyone didn’t see her say he could stay there to get on his feet!! Apparently her and her wife already have the steps needed to provide for their son!! Smh. He’s being ridiculous as long as u meet half way and he still has his rights he cannot control where you live!!! If he has issues let him take you to court!!!

7 Likes

I’m so jealous! My daughter’s dad has never laid eyes on her and lives out of state. I would move to his state in a heartbeat if he showed any interest in being an active part of her life. :weary:

1 Like

I dont think it would make things easier on your son. Being away from his father would mke his life worse. Sounds to me like you are wanting to move just to be closer to your wife. And thats okay but your aon comes first and if his father is a good dad like you say he is then why would you want to take him away for any amount of time from his father. I dont think its fair. You are both his parents and should want him to be with both of you as much as possible. And asking your sons father to move for you to be with your wife is absolutely not fair at all. That is selfish.

2 Likes

This is crazy. First of all you keep referring to the child as “my son” when in fact it should be “our son” the father has 50% custody and from what you wrote, is a loving and attentive father who is trying to tell you NOT to do this. Put yourself in his situation, say he were to remarry and they wanted to move away…would you allow it? Ever!!! You didn’t say WHY this move would be better for your son, and frankly the damage that would be done from the absence of his very present father is staggering. Stop thinking about yourself, you’re a mother and your first responsibility should always be your child. Removing or cutting down his paternal relationship is not in his best interest. If you leave without his permission you now drag yourself, the father and child into a lengthy, expensive, and emotionally damaging legal battle for no reason. Your son will eventually understand you ripped him away from a father that loves him and he will resent you. Also…if you do get permission, please be prepared for a whole host of behavior issues from your son due to the change in routine and lifestyle as well as the absence of a trusted parent. That is a whole other can of worms you will be opening. This question makes me wonder if in fact YOU should even have your son, as you don’t appear mature or financially stable enough to handle his care in the manner he deserves. Grow up. If you need to be with your wife while she is stationed elsewhere it is either because you don’t trust her, can’t be alone, or can’t support yourself and need to move into her gov’t funded housing. And all of that sounds like you are the one not keeping your sons best interest at heart. Not daddy.

3 Likes

The father can not keep you from leaving especially if the move would better your son in the long run. Your not taking him away for good and saying he cant ever see him. There is no law saying you cant move just because the father is doesn’t want you to. Whoever has primary custody of the child gets to make the final call as to where the child lives. But if anything you could take it to court and get a judge to sign off on it.

7 Likes

As a former active duty family the only way around it is to go to court and let a judge decide. I actually had two sets of requirements in our custody papers. A visitation schedule for when we lived close to my son’s father and v iui situation schedule for if we should receive military orders requiring us to move.

2 Likes

Fight for your right to have a better life for you and your kids. The father is clearly trying to be in control

4 Likes

Just be thankful he has a birth father who cares and wants him in his life. That doesn’t always happen.

1 Like

God that infuriates me when someone says ‘it’s your life, not his’ so wrong, it’s about the bloody kid, not mum wanting to live her life how she wants and expects everyone else to just agree but doesn’t understand why the dad won’t let the son go?!
Some of you women really need to take a hard look at yourselves and stop being so goddamn selfish and assholes to your ex baby daddy. Unless they aren’t actually being present or helping in anyway go do what you want legally, but if he is active in the kids life why ruin it just because you want to play happy families with your new wife!! Imagine the comments from your girls of the the dad was trying to do this to mum!! You would all be calling him everything under the sun and have a pitchfork to his nuts!!

You should not take your kid away from his active father. That is parental alienation… it’s hard on your relationship but that’s the issues that come with kids.

1 Like

Translation: you thought he would just pay you child support and leave you with your baby. But surprise, he is a good dude who loves his kid and has stepped up to take 50% custody and do his part. You would rather him just write a check and go live in your wife’s military funded housing and collect bank from daddy. You honestly suck.

22 Likes

Sounds like you want to move for you. What if he wanted to move out of state with your son… how about you move to be with your wife and leave the kid with dad. He can work with you on co parenting

10 Likes

Just go to court and make every reasonable effort for your son to see his father. Maybe you guys can work it out with a mediator. You aren’t wrong for wondering. Even if it doesn’t work then maybe there’s a compromise. He’s only 1 so you don’t have to worry about school. You could alternate full months. Some states are only a few hours apart so it’s hard to tell if he’s being unreasonable without more info. If it’s less than 10hrs that’s a pretty easy drive for every 2 weeks or something. Especially if dad can meet even 1/4 of the way. Usually the parent requesting to move is responsible for travel expenses so u do need to consider that.

1 Like

The courts are definitely considering men and their rights these days . Don’t think you’ll change the dads mind . It would take going to court and they will
Probably give you each joint custody and you most likely will not get to move . You can try , however . Depends on your state . Try to work with the dad and yes , he does need to be just as much in the child’s life as you do . Going to court will cost you both a fortune ! Save yourself thousands and work it out yourselves . Take it from someone who has been there and done that .

1 Like

I’ve never been with the father of my child either but I could never move long distance away from him it’s important to have both parents around I would feel like it would hurt more then do good are you really looking out for your child best interest or your best interest ?

2 Likes

You can leave him full custody and do what you want. Dads have rights. He is allowed to say no to go out of state. You cannot even travel out of country without his permission so why would this be dofferent

3 Likes

Take him to court and get permission from the court to leave. Then he can’t say anything. And if y’all weren’t married and nothing is on paper or through the court he has no say. Well at least in my state that’s how it is.

1 Like

You’re not wrong for going to court. You’ve given him plenty other options and said no to all of them. It’s his fault/choice not te go with you guys.

3 Likes

Your fucking delusional.

I can understand this is a Sensitive situation but like someone stated already when you move out of state there won’t be any good equal schedule unless your son is home schooled. And depending on how far away your moving it could make it even more difficult. If his dad is in MI and you plan to move to Ohio or Indiana then it could work somewhat due to it possibly only being a few hours of a drive, Opposed to 10+ hours drive or even an airplane flight. If you are really serious and think that not only moving to be closer to your wife but moving will better your life then the only thing I can suggest would you having to be away from your son longer. Your sons dad would have him during the school year and you would have him during the summer. Which means you would not see your son for months. But like others stated this would be just as hard on the father who is a big part of your sons life you guys spilt days. Your son is use to seeing his dad just as much as he is seeing you. At this point I would really think everything through. This will be hard on you, the father and most importantly your son.

3 Likes

Baby girl you don’t need his permission.unless their are custody papers filed thru the courts saying he has 50 percent custody your free to go as you please

3 Likes

Tf you asking him for :joy::joy: YOURE A GROWN ASS WOMAN MOVE TF OUT OF THE STATE, take him to court and give him more time to see him. :woman_shrugging:t2: he’s a weirdo

No. But you’re wrong for only considering what you think is best. You aren’t the child’s only parent. Who are you to decide these things? Just because he knew one day you’d want to move has nothing to do with the fact you have a child and are trying to leave now. Whatever was discussed pre baby… Is history. You say equal time… But how’s that really work ? It realistically couldn’t be equal. Especially with school. And wow… FaceTime as a consultation to the physical visits he gets now? What a joke. You seem kinda like an asshole and I genuinely feel bad for the father of your kid.

If i was in your shoes i would speak to a lawyer instead of listening to different opinions of people who dont know the laws and are just guessing. I’ve heard that if there is no agreement you can move and then the parenting plan through the court
( if he takes you to court) would be based on where you live when he takes you to court. But then again, speak to a lawyer because we dont know law. Good luck.

3 Likes

Take it to court, go live with your wife. You gave him ways to be active in the childs life.

You can leave and leave the child with his father so he could have a normal life.

3 Likes

Yes! A father who wants to parent & be a dad. Yes, your selfish to think moving out of state & taking a boy away from a daddy that wants to be a part of his life. There is zero equal time when you move out of state. Your son can’t give daddy a high 5, kiss, hug or beard stubble rubs laughs through a stinking tablet.

2 Likes

Everyone on here is acting like she’s not going to let her son see his dad :roll_eyes:
She has a plan which can work, if he agrees to it, so the son isn’t really missing out. He will just have to adjust to a new schedule, which even though it may take a while, he’s still young, he’s only one.
It isn’t mentioned whether the father has a job or not - which makes it sound like he doesn’t, since she even offered for him to come down and stay with them for some time which is generous, and most exes wouldn’t allow. And just that statement alone makes me think that if he wanted extra time with their son he would be more than welcome to visit.
And lastly, why should she live away from her wife? She’s in the army ffs and needs to be near base at all times! She has a stable job, and I doubt she would be able to travel to another state just to see them often. They are MARRIED!
If this were to go to court, since her wife has a stable income, job and house, and she put forward some suitable options for custody arrangements, as long as she can also provide suitable transport arrangements to and from between states there’s no reason a court wouldn’t grant her request. Being away from the father isn’t a good enough reason if there are suitable ways for the father to have physical contact.

4 Likes