My sons stepmom got mad that I gave him an apple watch: Advice?

She just jealous… ignore her none her business

3 Likes

B*tch why tf are you worried about what I do with MY CHILD? Why does she feel like it’s OK to even come to you with this?

it’s YOUR KID who the fk is she to tell you what to get your own dam kid that’s none of her dam business I’d tell her that too :tipping_hand_woman:

You’re wayyyy better than me. I would have told the ***** to mind the mf business that pays her. That’s your son

1 Like

Yea, she needs to stay in her lane. That’s your child not her’s.

My daughter is 10 and we bought her one for Christmas

1 Like

No need to even justify your actions, you are the Mother!

2 Likes

My thing is why is she speaking at all you two are the parents not her. I wish my ex girlfriend would ever over step her boundaries. I dint get in my husband stuff with his kids the nerve

3 Likes

She is the stepmother not mother so in no way shape or form do you have to run anything you give to your child by her

1 Like

If I as the stepmother and the biological father had custody of this son then I can understand why she’s asking for the discussion to be had. If it’s if it’s just joint custody 50% of the time with Dad 50% of the time with you discussing it with her is irrelevant. I can understand if he was grounded from his phone or something like that where the watch would need to be taken from him him as well due to him being able to have access to his phone through his watch.

Bruh. She just jelly. Ignore the twit and keep being an amazing momma.

2 Likes

Step mom has no say unless it’s effecting his attitude. Honestly I’ve found that my Apple Watch makes in easier to answer calls or text if I don’t have my phone on me.

Stepmom is over stepping. None of her business what you gift your child.

3 Likes

If nothing else she has the audacity

It’s none of step moms business

2 Likes

Key word Stepmum!! Your his Mother, you can do and give whatever the hell you want to give YOUR son!!

4 Likes

I would just backhand the hoe and put her in her place cos why you questioning anything :100:

5 Likes

Lmfao is this a joke

1 Like

I’d tell her to suck a dick. :woman_shrugging:t2:
Married to your ex husband or not- shes not his mother and you are under ZERO obligations to inform her of anything that’s not an immediate emergency.

6 Likes

Me and my child’s father and his girl co parent very well. But if she were to ever come at me with this fuckery I would have to put her in her place real quick!

Stepmoms always think they have more rights than the mother! Girl i felt this post on a personal level 100%

He’s 13 and she’s not even his biological mother. She can get over herself.

3 Likes

Not her business honestly…you’re mom, she’s not

4 Likes

Ask her if she wants a gift of your foot up her ass and to mind her own business. I wish a bitch would :facepunch:t5::facepunch:t5:

She’s crazy. You are not.

3 Likes

Unless they had previously mentioned buying them one then nope absolutely no reason to say anything first! Tell her to swerve! Lol

1 Like

You are his mother. You don’t need her permission. Period

7 Likes

As a Stepmom, who raised my stepkids as my own, when their Mom walked out on them, I have to say that is ridiculous. If it doesn’t affect their household, then it isn’t any of her business. Kellie Strickland , please don’t lump all Stepmoms together. Many of us don’t get nearly the respect or credit that we should.

I’d never question my stepsons mum or his daddy that’s there business if anything i always ask permission to get him something it’s respectful and she’s just bear rude

1 Like

Wow really,. I wouldn’t even talk to her!!!

3 Likes

Tell her to fuck off. You don’t have to run that by anyone. Jesus

Tell her to mind her own business and what you give or don’t give your kids isn’t any of her business. Tell her to stay in her own lane

7 Likes

Tell her to mind her damn business. Whose kids are these?!

8 Likes

Wait who is mad! Sorry my comment may not be liked by many stepsmoms but she had the audicity to get mad! Not her business, tell her she can be replaced really soon!

1 Like

Um Mama that’s YOUR son NOT hers. She need to fall in her her own damn lane before she gets knocked into next week!

13 Likes

Girl BYE! There is nobody on this planet that will have the audacity to question me about what I have given my child let alone accuse me of favoritism. Stop explaining yourself and perhaps people will stop questioning you.

Kindly remind her that is was YOUR VAGINA your son came out and if she would like to make her own child then she can make the rules…until then FUCK OFF

She’s jealous because she probably doesn’t own an Apple watch lol

4 Likes

Tell her you will buy your child any gift you want anytime you want and will never be informing his step mom cuz it’s none of her fucking business

YOU are his Mother. PERIOD!

7 Likes

Until she can conceive and push YOUR KIDS out of her own v-jay, she has no place and no right to tell you how to be a mother to your kids. She needs to stay in her lane. The stepmom lane.

Tell her to shut her mouth!!! Period!! Not her call at all!! That bish needs to get in her lane👊

Why should you have to ask his step mom to give him something? That’s rediculus. I’m a step mom and me and their bio mom argue about a lot of crap but a gift has never been one of them.

Omg why would I have her phone number ewww

I’m sorry I just had to laugh at this because this is just ridiculous! I would be dammed if I would let anyone tell me what I can gift my child or not. The audacity.

That woman needs to step back QUICK. You give Your child any gift you want!!!

2 Likes

Your. His. Mom. Fuck what she thinks

She’s so worried about favorites she should go out and get one of them a watch

Tell her to go pound sand. Not her kid. Tell your ex to keep his new wife in her own lane. Make sure your kid tells you if she starts treating him badly over it too.

3 Likes

I would not argue the point with her!
Next time just mention to your Ex what you plan to do!

1 Like

She need to stay in her lane. Block her sis.

3 Likes

All of these people saying not her kid obviously either don’t have an active stepparent in their lives or their children’s. I would however contact the father and say that maybe you two need to have a family meeting. If he has a cell phone, this should not be any kind of a big deal. My child’s father also made an issue of a watch although it was my sons ability to contact me should something be wrong at school/ emergency. I find this childish. Do what’s best for your kiddo. Don’t stir drama because your kiddo will deal with it “step mom” or not

I’m not commenting on this particular situation but as a step mom…please keep in mind…biological moms…we do all the same work…and we don’t even get a title.

12 Likes

Um I’m a step mom and personally i feel thats not my business, if the mom decides to give age appropriate gifts to certain kids then thats not an issue. Sounds like she just wants to be a pain in the ass. Only rules i ever make is if is something I wouldn’t allow them to have and she does then they have to just leave it at her house. What i choose to allow may be different than their mom but still not my place to say they shouldnt have it. I can say they cant have it here but I believe thats my right .

1 Like

Sounds like she feels you showed her up. We never discussed gifts with my stepsons mom. I gave him what I wanted.

Why the hell would you have to tell anyone what you purchased for your own child :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

She’s a idiot he your kid not hers she gets no say in any gift you decided to give him or what you do with your other kids tell her sit the fcuk down and shut the fcuk up!
Go worry about herself

7 Likes

First of all they are your children!!! Who does she think she is questioning what you do with your children it would be a different story if you were using the kids against their dad but you are not. If dad had an issue he should have talk you about it. I am for coparentimg and everyone getting along but in no way shape or form should she ever question what you give them. Each age is different. AND I have a step parent and not once did I ever cross that line. If I had an issue I would go to dad about it.

It’s your son , she has no say in what you give him , obviously just causing trouble

3 Likes

How about you just let it go. Your peace of mind is more important thank what she thinks.

3 Likes

Why are you worried about what some other woman who didn’t birth YOUR CHILD has to say :roll_eyes: tell her don’t forget her place and who is the actual MOTHER :woman_facepalming:t3:

He is YOUR son not hers! Since when does a parent need to sit down and let others know what your gifting your own child. The stepmother sounds like a f-wit

2 Likes

Crossing the line is a understatement! Your kids your business, yours an his dads… who the hell does this lady think she is, I would be putting her back in her place which is out of your business lmao :joy:

Yea I’m missing something too🙄

As a stepmom, thats none of her business to start with. Sounds like she just wants to make some drama. If you didnt ask her to pay for it or fund the cell phone bill its none of her concern. She should have been happy for him to receive such a gift. This is why us step parents get a bad name!

I’m a step mom and i would respect the moms decision period, those are her kids. What they decide to do about what the kids have or can’t have i feel i have to respect it and its up to them. Honestly she’s stupid for even thinking she has the right to question your decisions as the mother.

9 Likes

Just talk to dad about it and see if he has a problem with it. If not just let him know what’s going on with her and what you gave the child.

I would ask her when she pushed him out and when did she believe she could come at me any kind of way. She is a step/bonus parent. Yes, she is important BUT she ain’t got any say whatsoever what you give your child. If the child’s dad isn’t bothered then she shouldn’t be either

Ummm that’s your kid. Not hers. End of story

8 Likes

Who does he primarily live with

That stepmother needs to STEP OFF. She better get back in her lane before she gets knocked into it.

You must not have custody of your children :woman_shrugging:t4: at least that’s what it sounds like…. Step mom sounds like mom

I say I would not be mad but I do feel that the birth parent if cares for him should have been asked if there was any rule she wanted to be along with his watch kids can be asses n say like well I can because u didn’t give it to me to the real parent but the act of the gift to me would be great showed exception of the value of the step child but parent rather bio or sep or fostering is a team effort not a solo do as u choose when it can affect child’s choices against the others just saying I can see y one could get upset but I dont agree with mad because step gave a gift

So my sons step mom has issues when I send anything with him to go to his dads so just whatever I get him stays at my house

Not any of her business.

1 Like

Next time get him a playboy or hustler magazine and then she’ll can have a real problem with something you gave him

3 Likes

Let her have her tantrum elsewhere
Your kid give them what you want

She needs to get back in her lane

I wish I would explain to someone besides their father why I did what I did.

I would ask her who tf she thinks she is! I’ll be damned if another woman questions what I choose to give MY child. The nerve of this woman.

I think you did nothing wrong. If it’s your child, then you have every right to whatever you please and give or provide whatever you please. Even if you had done anything out of place which you didn’t, it’s not her place to bring it to your attention, it’s their fathers place.

It’s your kid not hers!

2 Likes

U don’t need to tell her shit jst let the dad know what u gave your son and that’s it. Not her place to say anything about it , she sounds jealous and bitter with nothing better to do but complain about nonsense.

3 Likes

I’d tell her to wise up and Foxtrot Oscar

4 Likes

I bought my stepdaughter and apple watch and airpods …she didn’t say anything. It’s called being grown-ups

3 Likes

Sounds to me that this lady needs to remember her place in your children’s lives.
She should never question you about anything concerning your children!!
Someone should put her in her place!

I am not a parent so i am not going to say what is right or wrong but i mean yes co parenting has to be done but as long as your son is responsible with it why should it matter. Its not being a favorite child type of gift…its literally something that like you said would just sit in a draw. Making it a bigger issue than it needs to be is not necessary. I think as long as you and the father are on the same page she should respect what you guys do. Its not a matter of “staying in her own lane” but not making it into something it is not. You are his mom and shouldnt feel bad about giving it to him

None of her damn business… dad doesn’t care and it’s not causing problems than forget her

Seems like she probably needing a reason or excuse to try n take something out on you. I probably would have laughed in her face saying something like “yeah sure ill call you every time - as a mom- I make decisions involving everything pertaining to MY kids
…hold your breath for phone to ring”

Oh hell no! That’s your prerogative if you want to give your child anything! Wth is wrong with her? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

She just jealous. And selfish. You should tell her its your child and be thankful you got him a gift

3 Likes

As a step mom she should have no say in what you do with your kid period …she needs to mind her own business and I would make that clear

Okay I agree she is in the wrong… but I read a few comments about her not being able to talk to you about what she feels. That’s wrong. My husband has ZERO CONTACT with his children’s guardian… everything goes through me. This is what we arranged though. Again - I don’t say anything unless I talk with my husband first!

Personally it’s none of her business what you give YOUR son she didn’t give birth to him you did. And you shouldn’t have too

1 Like

Some people are never satisfied

To me this is not even a topic of discussion.

StepMom would be put in her place!

3 Likes

Heck no notes your child and it’s your given right to give your child a gift at the appropriate age you feel is right to do so, am sorry step moms do help a lot or can but the dad should say something if bothered them not her I feel u us every right to gift your son that with no big deal issue… just my opinion

That’s crazy that she even thinks it’s okay to say anything on the subject .

2 Likes

Maybe she’s mad she doesn’t have one :rofl:

1 Like

Sounds like jealousy to me she needs to stay in her own lane