My spouse has not touched a tooth brush in 5 years

Oh hell no. I’d throw him out and tell him not to come back until he had better hygiene habits. He probably won’t come back and that would be okay with me!

2 Likes

You’re gona have to get mean about it. There’s no beating around the bush with this one.

7 Likes

I think thats Digusting. I would leave

Not brushing teeth can lead to major health issues. Instead of hinting have an actual conversation about it.

4 Likes

This is your problem don’t air it talk to him

1 Like

Stop hinting and tell him to quit being a nasty bastard

🏃‍♂ :running_woman: 🏃‍♂ :running_woman: 🏃‍♂ :running_woman: 🏃‍♂ :running_woman: 🏃‍♂ :running_woman: 🏃‍♂

My husband grew up terribly NO hygiene was taught his sister would sit in her own period blood for days ( his mom had a brain tumor and was wheelchair bound and not all the way there the dad was devoted to her and Jesus but thats about it ) i straight up told him brush your damn teeth or were done I WILL not be married to a thirty yo with dentures ( because he caused it its not like he couldnt help it that would be different) and its fucking gross…if he didn’t grow up doing something every morning and night like you should you cant expect it to change over night now of course it takes effort on there part but i helped i reminded him every morning every night when he would go to kiss me I asked did you brush your teeth? I know its like a child lol but again he was never taught this was something he was supposed to do

If mine forgets to brush every night I’m like are you going to brush your teeth? Lol :joy: idk what’s so hard about just asking or telling him to brush. Make it known that you notice… I would refuse to be intimate tbh. You live with him… he’s your partner? Speak up.

7 Likes

Hey honey, brush your teeth and meet me in the shower for some dirty clean time… wink wink. ( would that work ??)

2 Likes

Was he like that before marriage?

3 Likes

Wtf? That’s absolutely disgusting!!!

1 Like

I think this requires waaayy more than hints. Something is wrong. People who have access to having normal hygiene 🪥 typically take advantage of it bc it’s uncomfortable not to. He’s got something going on.

8 Likes

Hygiene is like #1 thing for me :sweat_smile: idk how you do it. Put toothbrushes with his name on them around every sink with tooth paste & even in the shower with some new loofahs for hints :sweat_smile:

5 years you’ve stuck around waiting for basic hygiene?.. Uhhhh

6 Likes

Maybe he grew up not knowing or being told maybe it’s a deeper problem that he hasent exspressed maybe set up some dental cleanings and check ups and then after that just remind him hey hunny did you brush your teeth or hunny your breath smells can you brush your teeth

5 Likes

Get blunt and straight up tell him how nasty he is. If that doesn’t work then move on.

1 Like

Maybe he’s depressed ?

2 Likes

Sounds like he has a mental illness something is going on and I’m sure when you leave it will get worse. Get your spouse some help & be honest with him about his hygiene

3 Likes

Maybe he is depressed? There has to be an underlying issue why especially if it has only been last 5 years. Was he doing it before that? If so I would be concerned. It is worth a conversation as hints just wont do it.

1 Like

Has he always done this ? Maybe depression.

1 Like

It sounds like he may have some mental health issues. I would check into having a psych eval

2 Likes

This is your husband, not a stranger. Just talk to him about it. Let him know it’s a deal breaker if he can’t keep up with his self-hygiene. If he’s not willing to wash his ass and teeth for his wife, then leave him. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Is he depressed? Have anxiety and or ADHD?? Alot of these issues can be from mental health and maybe he just needs to get himself into therapy and practice self care.

3 Likes

This sounds like beyond just basic hygiene. Is he struggling with mental health issues? Confidence issues? Maybe have a serious talk with him in regards to this and try to figure out what’s going on. This could also be triggered from something in his childhood as well.

4 Likes

Seriously through sickness and in health. There is something going on with your husband and you wanna put it in Facebook and leave. Go be a wife and help him. And if then and only if he doesnt help himself then you can move on.

12 Likes

If this started after you got together I’d guess he is depressed and needs mental health help. Your grossed out feelings are valid though. Eww.

2 Likes

It may sound not normal especially for an adult but my anxiety got so bad at one point that I convinced myself every time I brush my teeth the tooth brush will fall down my throat also I stopped eating solid food horrified of choking. It just happened out of no where so iv been in therapy for awhile can finally brush teeth and have started eating some foods again

4 Likes

You just need to be blunt! Tell him go take a shower and brush your teeth. F*ck hinting around…

That was part of what destroyed my marriage. I can’t stand someone who doesn’t want to be clean. :nauseated_face: gross.

2 Likes

My ex to a t get out now lol

Yeah I couldn’t do it lol no way. Call the police lol I know someone like this and it isn’t mental health it’s just because they’re lazy and don’t care.

3 Likes

So it’s been five yrs ? Why now ?

2 Likes

Why u only dropping hints? 5 years and you can’t tell him straight? He must be senetive? I’d tell my partner straight out as he would me think that’s part of the couple thing!!

4 Likes

Eww, leave his dirty ass :nauseated_face:

There are more serious issues here,& u know that. What many see as laziness are major signs of depression. If you have to,trick him into going to see a doctor. He needs an evaluation. You stayed this long, so if you want to make it work, be the partner you signed up for when you married him. Get him help, or don’t. Either way,you have to figure out what’s next, then do it.

10 Likes

I wouldnt be able to kiss him with tongue

Mental health possibly depressed

1 Like

Sounds like he has been struggling with mental health issues. Maybe he should go see a doctor and get on some meds might help.

1 Like

Hints nothing! Throw a toothbrush at his damn head!

That sounds like mental health stuff. Also have you just out told him?, I mean he is your partner, can you not be honest?

Are you dating a toddler?? Make that man clean his ass and brush his teeth or find someone that will, that’s nasty.

I would not have made it past the first week :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

See this is that bs right here. Did he have good hygiene when you were dating? Why are you hinting around just say what it is! I CANNOT with some of these questions. Run a bath and push him in the tub…. Put mouthwash in his juice… or just don’t even do anything. Does he have mental issues??? What the problem is???

10 Likes

5 years you’ve wasted with these feelings? Please do leave him so he can do better. Bad hygiene is a classic mental health symptom, and instead of being honest and helping him out, you choose to say nothing while silently judging him and planning to leave him.

He may stink, but you’re the gross one.

17 Likes

Why hint…just say it… hell go out and get him a “love yourself” basket with a new toothbrush,toothpaste,mouthwash,bodywash… maybe even a self help book with some tea.

4 Likes

Talk to him instead of hinting. Yall are grown adults. … imagine leaving someone because he didn’t brush his teeth… like tell him straight up of how it makes you feel and I’m sure he will just simply brush his teeth. I don’t think there’s love there beyond the teeth brushing. :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

You married for better or worse. Don’t give up without trying to help him.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t hint anything. That’s disgusting and I’d down right say it. I would have after 2 days.

2 Likes

Not taking care of your teeth can lead to heart problems. I know someone who has heart failure because of poor dental care

1 Like

U are his wife U both a grown why not just tell him straight up & talk to him like an adult? & for u to tolerate it for FIVE whole years then its your fault to

2 Likes

The question is was he like this before you got married if not then he probably has some depression issues going on and probably needs to speak to a doctor about being put on some medication

Why drop hints? Talk to him.

Time for a shower mr stinky :blush:
throws a bucket full of listerine at spouse along with the bucket

3 Likes

Samantha Fabrizi I just had to tag you lolol

1 Like

My ex was like that as well as he seldom showered…between that and his constant lying and sneaking around…relationship DOA…finally free!!!

:face_vomiting:that’s just disgusting and down right lazy

He must be really depressed…does he work?

The 1st sentence made me say OMG, Out Loud!!

Stop hinting. Tell him his poor hygiene is the reason you’re so turned off.

4 Likes

Does he have depression?

1 Like

He may be depressed girl :confused:

3 Likes

Straight up tell him. Be honest.

You cant be dropping hints. If you guys are husband and wife you need to be up front and honest and have clear consistent communication. Thats the only thing that’s going to save your marriage. My husband is not too great about brushing teeth either but he does do it just not very often, I also hasn’t been to a dentist since we’ve been together as well as probably at least 2 to 3 years before we were together so totally he’s probably not been at a dentist for 10 to 12 years. I’m always communicating with him clearly but trying not to be harsh and hurt his feelings. We’ve discussed for the past 4-5 years that he needs to go to the dentist keep saying I know I know I know. I think he’s scared but hopefully we will get a dentist appointment scheduled before something serious happens.

Holy crap. Bad breath is my biggest pet peeve and as bad as I hate to admit it, I will judge a person for their breath. It’s unacceptable.

Yeah so I’d tell him straight up lmao I have Z E R O shame

1 Like

I hope he has excellent dental

Stop dropping hints and start giving ultimatums. Self care is necessary.

2 Likes

My husband forgets sometimes what day it was and when the last time he showered/brushed his teeth. I tell him he doesn’t get anything unless he does both those and does them…for me. He gets busy with work stuff at home and the kids. Just tell your husband but in a nice-ish way to start and then when you’re both use to it straight up tell him brush and shower or no

Happened to me as well! I don’t hint, I use to tell him at out and he still wouldn’t.
Gets even worse!
Would shower for an hour with no SOAP or shampoo!!!

1 Like

Ummm tell him. No hints. Like what on earth :unamused:

This honestly seems like a troll post. Five years?? Way too long to let something like this go on. Sounds like severe depression but who waits five years to acknowledge or do anything about it. Doesn’t make sense. Honestly feels like op could be making fun of the general posts from women on here. Hope that’s not the case just seems very odd and random and minimal info

6 Likes

Be honest with great tact. This is for his own health too. Is he depressed?

2 Likes

You gotta be straight up and tell him do t try to beat around the bush. If that’s how you feel just be blunt

Is he depressed? I’m sorry but I wouldn’t be attracted either bc that’s just nasty

1 Like

And what does he say when you ask why he doesn’t brush his teeth?

1 Like

::wears mask to bed:: :nauseated_face:

Wth? I can’t stand the way my teeth feel after I eat, must brush right away!!!

1 Like

No more hinting… blunt is the way to go now

1 Like

Why hint? Flat out tell them!

3 Likes

Sometimes my husband doesn’t brush his teeth I either tell him bluntly your breathe stinks or I get his toothbrush ready for him. I don’t think he does it purposely. He has upper dentures and I guess thinks if he soaks them then he shouldnt have to brush his bottoms. Nope not happening in my house go brush your nasty ass teeth. He had really bad teeth when we got together and said it hurt to brush. Maybe make him a dentist appointment.

This is your husband, while you shouldn’t have to tell him to bring his teeth, why hint instead of just telling him straight up?

4 Likes

Joanne G. Eusebio Hahahahaha

1 Like

I tell my husband exactly what his mouth smells like… “the buttholes of 1000 apes” but yesterday he had puppy breath… and he’s very well aware. Don’t hold back. Lol tell them.

12 Likes

I would have been gone 5 years sgo.

1 Like

Mens mental health is often overlooked- I don’t want to be the Karen but I will.
First of all, what if he’s struggling with something you know nothing about?
How would you feel if you were too afraid to talk about something and it weighs you down, but then your spouse whom is supposed to love you- throws the symptoms of something much larger in your face? Would you feel comfortable opening up then?
There’s always more than one perspective.
Is it that he’s lazy and doesn’t take of himself- maybe.
But there could be underlying issues. Maybe sit with him, make him smile and broach the subject with kindness. Ask him if something is bothering him, try to communicate. Maybe that is the real issue and the hygiene is a symptom.

16 Likes

I would not get near him in a shower if he only shower once a week and just give him a glass of bleach for his teeth. Yuck I’d leave to

5 yrs and you have yet to say anything??? That seems a bite excessive.
If it hasn’t bothered you these past 5 yrs why would it start now? Maybe the stench is becoming overwhelming? Idk but this is a sad situation :pensive::expressionless:

5 Likes

Eeeeee, my husband is the exact the opposite, I wouldn’t be able to touch that, I’m sorry, I don’t mean to sound rude but I just couldn’t :worried:

I would have stopped hinting after a week and straight up said you need to brush your teeth :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Stop hinting and straight out hand him a toothbrush with toothpaste on it and say … go brush your damn teeth… im not living with a stank breathed rotted tooth man!

I would be brushing my husbands teeth for him :flushed: and bathing him too :joy: you not about to crawl in my bed dirty.

6 Likes

He’s depressed…and the problem is obvious :unamused:

7 Likes

He has no choice either he washed or your going to wash him bucket of water on top of the head

Definitely not normal. Idk why you haven’t spoken up and advocated for him, but please do. There’s a reason, and he needs someone to push him to take care of himself.

5 Likes

After two days the mouth starts to stink, 5 years 🙆🙆 so sorry…but l know where you are coming from as l have a brother who is almost like that…

Sounds like he has depression :frowning:

5 Likes

Ewww no…thats a hard no.Tell him flat out…but fr fr no grown a** person should have to be told to brush their teeth…no😳

3 Likes

So many woman just wanting to leave their husbands, is it gross… yes. If all you’ve done is hint around then you’re not truly committed to your marriage. After a week I would’ve sat my husband down and asked if everything was okay, how he was feeling and why he wasn’t doing those things. If it was because of depression I would’ve had him an appointment made ASAP to get him on the right track.

10 Likes

You’re adults?
Don’t hint.

A positive, respectful, caring conversation about his well being and health. May help.

4 Likes