My spouse has not touched a tooth brush in 5 years

Tell him he needs a dental check up

Goodson Mwansa see problems kuno​:rofl::rofl:

Omg I wouldn’t even let him in the house

3 Likes

Leave find someone else who is clean

This post, say it to him. Exactly how you feel.

1 Like

Stop hinting, grow up and tell him. Help him. Does he have additional needs/mental health problems? Some people get extreme sensory discomfort when brushing to the point where it becomes fear… it can be many things. Stop judging your partner and get you both some help.
Some of these comments - yikes.

8 Likes

Maybe he is depressed? I would have a direct conversation with him with resources available.

3 Likes

Soooo you can post it on fb, but not say it to him? I don’t get it. Just tell him, it’s not that hard.

6 Likes

Ewww…nope. If I’m with someone they have to have good hygiene. That’s just gross. If be finding someone else. Yuck

1 Like

I’m sorry… This is just wild to me. How does he eat? How have his teeth not fallen out of his head at this point? His breath has to be god awful. You can’t kiss him. With his rare showers you definitely don’t want to have sex with him. What kind of relationship is that? Just talk to him. Tell him how you feel as blunt as you can possibly be. If he still doesn’t take better care of himself, then leave. Simple.

Is he on the autism spectrum? Get him into therapy or behavioral modification.

My ex would do this every few days and I’d make him brush his teeth. I knew it was him just being lazy.

Depression, help him, take him his toothbrush and a cup of water if you have to!

I’d look into mental health too, my bf would have to run the shower for me because I just wouldn’t… it was so torture too, like it was the last thing I wanted to do was stand there and shower.

I got on antidepressants and feel normal again .

I also heard if people were abused they don’t want to shower or take care of their health.

Oh! With an Aspergers friend I had “shower” and “change clothes” on alternate days on a calendar. Put specific teeth brushing times on his calendar daily too. If you can make it a regular habit and get it into his “routine” it could work if autism is part of the cause.

I straight up tell my bf if his breath stinks… one time he had a cavity and it was causing a bad smell I kinda felt bad after realizing that bc he was waiting on his dentist appt. I cant deal with the nastiness. Just tell him,

5 years of plaque OMG that really is gross

1 Like

Also, how about baths vs showers if it’s sensory, with sponge baths with soft cloths in between? Has he ever been swimming or in a hot tub/spa? Try different flavors of toothpaste and different types of toothbrushes if it’s sensory related. There are tooth wipes and sponges nursing homes use on people’s teeth also. Sedation dentistry that will knock him out so he won’t feel it. Tom’s of Maine has strawberry, orange and baking soda toothpaste if mint isn’t his thing.

1 Like

Id look at his mental health .Ino when I am depressed it’s such an effort to even brush my hair .

2 Likes

I don’t understand why men don’t feel the need to brush their teeth, mouthwash alone don’t cut it. Not showering is just nasty as well🤮

Flat out and tell him,
It could be depression or other or just being lazy !

Try to make him do it with you , brush teeth with you and shower that way he’s not alone

This sounds like serious depression or perhaps some type of phobia. I would address this directly to him. It’s not only gross but it’s unhealthy. Bad teeth - gingivitis- heart disease are very closely linked.

2 Likes

My opinion if they’re your partner you should always be open with them. Communication and honesty is key in any relationship

2 Likes

How have you lasted this long…?!?:flushed:

4 Likes

When constructive criticism fails, say it point blank, if he doesn’t get with the program, tell him to stink alone.

1 Like

Me and my bf have things in place because I have genetically bad breath and smoke and have depression, I sometimes need him to tell me when I’ve gone too far and need help. He’ll tell me “hey let’s go shower, we have some things we need to go do and be clean looking for” or if my breath stinks he’ll let me know NICELY he can’t stand it. Not everyone has an easy time keeping themselves clean on top of daily things I forget a lot. I’d have a talk first about how sometimes you can tell when he isn’t clean or really needs it, and it makes you back off of him and you don’t want that in your relationship so you should be able to kindly tell him. Me and my bf joke too much so he’ll tell me straight up that I need to wash my ass if he wants a piece :joy: we make joke and I do the same thing to him sometimes. You just have to be honest and feel out your relationship. We joke a lot so we don’t really get offended if the other is helping us because that’s literally the best thing about having a spouse is that we do these things for each other. The reason I don’t have a problem is because my bf approached it very kindly and helpful and we throw in being funny because if I had a partner who was mean or uses “being honest” as a way to be mean and just bombard me and make me feel like shit, I wouldn’t WANT to listen. We worked this out right when he first noticed I needed a push to help myself and that’s all it is. Not anything wrong with me or anything, but everyone is raised differently and not everyone can keep up yano.

You’ve HINTED??? Why not just be honest???

Randy Rae looks like someone married your BD

There’s got to be some underlying problem…

1 Like

My question….how do you stay longer than a week?!?!

1 Like

How he be suffering from depression or have another mental illness? People are being all judgey but these can be signs of something deeper.

9 Likes

Yuck, I’m with you, I would want to leave. In fact I would of left a long time ago.

1 Like

Talk to him, he may be depressed but if not then yeah I don’t blame you for not being sexually attracted to that lol

Honestly,
Just sit and talk with him, let him know you believe it’s gross he doesn’t shower every other day and doesn’t brush his teeth everyday

I have come right and told my husband he needed a shower. He does shower regularly but sometimes don’t put deo on and sweats

Rather than hinting have an honest conversation and explain that is unhygienic and it’s a major turn off… then if he still doesn’t change, pack your bags!

1 Like

Gross. I couldn’t and wouldn’t handle that either lol. :nauseated_face:

Omg imagine the cheese D. Guuuurl

Oh my damn. Byeeeee :v:t2:

Some of these posts have to be a joke, right?

1 Like

I suppose you just chuck the whole spouse out :woman_shrugging::face_vomiting::nauseated_face:

I guess I’m insensitive because I would let him know his breath stinks and I dont like kissing him because of it. I’m sorry. We are adults, not children.

4 Likes

Likely depression its the most common reason …

5 Likes

Um, that’s a deal breaker. Sorry. Can’t believe you stayed that long. Even if he starts now it’s too late. You lost that lovin’ feeling.

Sometimes the way he was raised has a lot to do with it, my parents never encouraged or strictly told us to brush our teeth. I grew up doing it myself because I was very self conscious about smelling.

That’s disgusting :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Just tell him he needs to take care of himself better…

Ewwwwwww! No. Just no. I’d leave because that’s just nasty.

I tell my fiancé if his breath stinks , I’ll be straight up

2 Likes

Why are you hinting?

2 Likes

Just tell him! Wash ya stink ass mouth and you need to wash yourself daily. Don’t hint :roll_eyes:

You poor lady
Kick him to the curb
Who needs man with no self pride
No wonder you didn’t want to have sex

5 years?! Seriously I’m telling you something after day 2! I worked in Dental for about 15 years there’s no way I’d allow that to go on that long. It’s time you say it upfront. He’s not a child. Say what you gotta say and take it from there. If it’s depression, even then in the medical field we don’t allow our patients to refuse showers or hygiene for no more than a week tops. So get with him don’t hint it. Say it. Get his loved ones involved. Kids, siblings, friends. Someone will be able to get through to him if you can’t.

1 Like

Have you actually talked to him instead of hinting?

2 Likes

You definitely need to have a serious talk with him, if my man did this i’d be telling him long before 5 years passed. I would not even be able to have sex with someone if they didn’t shower before having sex so I don’t know how u allow him to have sex with you being dirty. He may have something serious going on in his health so I would start by having a conversation with him and ask why and figure out why he doesn’t

You have to be lying!!! I could never deal more than a week with someone like that :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

:face_vomiting: that’s gross! If you don’t brush your teeth daily… bye! It’s a no go!

Stop! This is for real?

Shoot wanna show him, you stop showering for a week and sit that s**t right on his face lol he’ll learn

17 Likes

No more hinting a day without a brush tell him directly. That is super gross!

1 Like

Hes depressed and needs help or lazy. Regardless you wont find out without therapy.

3 Likes

You have been with this guy 5 years? Omg how can you be with him? This has to be a joke lol.

How are you in a relationship with someone for five years and not have actually talked about it head on? I think both of y’all need to leave the relationship.

3 Likes

leave his stinky ass… put smellies and perfume and fumigate the house when u leave so he gets the idea! 50 toothbrushes on his bathroom vanity should be a good clue too! Best of luck…not all men are smelly youl find one that knows how to brush, wash, shave even help u clean up around home…dont waste your time on someone who doesnt value their personal hygiene - no excuse.

He’s so depressed it’s sad :disappointed:

2 Likes

O my gosh! How have you lasted this long!? I can’t believe this! It’s got to be fake!

5 Likes

Why haven’t you said anything after 5 years😲

1 Like

You need to sit him down and have a sensitive but firm talk with him. Tell him it’s effecting how attracted you are to him and if he wants to continue in the relationship that his personal hygiene needs to be addressed.

3 Likes

You better stop throwing hints & throw a toothbrush in his mouth & throw his ass in the shower!

Damn, some of you people are just terrible. There is no worse feeling than knowing you need to care for your own health but just having no desire to do so. Depression is no joke.

Well you are just as nasty if you’ve stayed this long :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Depression can cause such issues if you want your marriage to continue then tell him how you feel and seek therapy. Or leave him and tell him why bluntly.

3 Likes

Maybe he doing else we’re

Tell him point blank if he does not start brushing his teeth EVERY DAY, And shower EVERY DAY, you’re leaving him for good!! Some people need it spelled out to them! If he fails to comply, then leave! Life is challenging. You don’t need to fight someone on their hygiene!:roll_eyes:

Gross! There’s no way I could do that

CJ O’Neill :expressionless: like wtf

How the hell would he hold down a job with such bad oral hygiene and the weekly shower??? :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Seriously if u got a problem with it
be str8 up tell him how u feel. Posting this about your husband or bf and him finding out imagine how he would feel?

4 Likes

Sorry but gross I couldn’t do it I’m not gonna be with somebody who doesn’t take a shower and who doesn’t brush their teeth I’m just not

Is he depressed or struggle with mental illness?

7 Likes

Oh Hell No! I would have been gone a long long time ago…… 5 years oh no no no……

Fucking yuuuuuuck i hope you sleep in separate bedrooms.

Sylvester Michael Villalobos III omfg we can’t go 4 hours :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Sorry to laugh but sounds like my ex wasn’t with him that long but never showered after work unless told him, never cleaned teeth and would wear same uniform shirt next day and he stunk. Was like having a kid tell him to wash, clean teeth and change clothes x

Sounds more like a mental health issue on his part? Is this a new thing or has he been like that since you got with him

1 Like

Sounds like depression… :sob:

2 Likes

I’m glad a lot of you are lucky enough to not struggle with depression bad enough to be laughing about this

4 Likes

Sounds like there’s more to it.

My husband hasn’t brushed in a very long time. He has had bad teeth his whole life and they started to get really bad and I think he just gave up. I feel you on the sexual desire. It’s hard. My husband did take the initiative and took me up on my offer to add him to my dental insurance and I did and he went. $4000 later and we have a treatment plan for full top dentures and bottom partials. We have been saving up the money and will be able to afford it in March! So stoked. Just get him interested in brushing his teeth. Make it known that it bothers you, especially sexually. It will make an impact and hopefully he will change. The best advice, don’t act like his mother telling him what to do, just come at him as a friend and lover.

1 Like

Oh yuk…tell him hes disgusting…he needs to learn personal hygeine…

Straight up tell him. Brush your teeth and shower you’re nasty. Fuck hunting. TELL HIM

How does he have any teeth?!?

1 Like

Dropping hints ain’t working
Go In there with him and make him brush his darn teeth
That’s better than a divorce

Some of y’all are terrible people. No joke. Depression and mental illness can cause horrible hygiene. Have a gentle talk with him and tell him you would like him to talk with someone. Help him help himself.

13 Likes

Yuk. He doesn’t care about personal hygiene for sure. What if he was in hospital . I’d need a peg on my nose so I couldn’t smell his body adour. Imagine in summer. The pong. Rotten teeth I guess breath would be so so bad

1 Like

Everyone’s saying its depression its not always depression some people just have no sense of hygiene. We’re talking 5 years

2 Likes

Depression , he’s needs help

Could be depression. It’s sad. This ain’t no joke.

1 Like

Yes could definitely be depression. But five years I don’t know maybe brush his teeth for him ? And a shower once a week if y’all did do the dirty ya know that’s a uti for you waiting to happen

Nope. Nope. Brushing teeth daily is a must for me or else bye. Nope 🙅🏻 and not showering often i couldn’t I’m wierd on smells I can’t have stinky around me lol maybe I’m just mean