My spouse told me he doesn't want to be with me anymore: Advice?

I’m not going anywhere! That is mine and my child home. Get a lawyer, file for divorce and full custody. If he wants you out, he has to sell the house and you get half. No way in heck, I’m being thrown out of my home. This is 2022 not the 1800’s. Women have rights!

7 Likes

Clearly he’s moved on. That behavior is odd at best and it immediately signifies to me that there’s someone else and this isn’t new. Get a lawyer! Don’t leave! I know it hurts and you probably don’t want to hear this, just start moving on.

1 Like

Are you legally married is both your names on the house ? I wouldn’t leave get a lawyer

Is it a house? He can leave, keep it. He has obviously moved on. Get an attorney, get custody. Child support etc

1 Like

Don’t let a man tell you more than once that he doesn’t want you. Like others have said get a lawyer. Get yourself together. Custody and child support. Job. Place to stay. Plan your next steps.

5 Likes

Do not leave the house! This is his choice he can find another place to live and he’s not going to change his mind if he said he doesn’t love you. It’s time to protect your daughter and get a lawyer but do not leave the house he can live with his parents!

2 Likes

Does rhe house belong to the 2 of you or just him? If it’s his home then yes you have to go. Time to move on doubt you’ll ever know the real reason.

You can get a lawyer and make him move out by filing divorce first. I’d honestly have him served and ask for child support and alimony

1 Like

Why on earth would you beg a man to love you when he’s clearly told you he doesn’t? Leave and move on and just focus on you and your daughter :two_hearts:

3 Likes

We need an update when everything is said and done!

I’d leave and not look back. I am proud and I don’t need someone’s pity. It’s their loss and I would be fine. Have dignity. Get a good lawyer.

Leave no point he’s made his mind up.

Get a lawyer ASAP and check your options! Always get legal advice first before doing anything.

Don’t try and work things out. He told you he doesn’t want to be with you anymore. It’s time to focus on you now. Get a lawyer. Stay living in the house, since its your daughter’s home, don’t uproot her. And start the process of divorce and planning where to go from here.

2 Likes

I was in a very similar situation and it turned out he was cheating on me. No kids were involved thankfully though so best of luck mama!

1 Like

Then leave there’s nothing more to talk about.

1 Like

If the house is under both of y’all’s names, don’t leave and find a lawyer. Tell him he just has to deal with it or move it if the place belongs to both of you. Don’t let him fuck you over like that.

You stay and tell him to get out.
He can’t just come in and tell you that.
He wants a divorce—give it to him but don’t let him dictate the rules. Your daughter needs a home, your home not your parents home.
Get an attorney before you do anything

3 Likes

Get to a lawyer asap! Do not leave the home unless the lawyer says it’s ok. Grab all of your important papers, bills and bank information and put them elsewhere. Start figuring out a plan for life moving forward. Start with a therapist too. You can and will do better without him! Prepare yourself for the news that he’s with another person.

5 Likes

You don’t have to leave the house if you’re married. He can leave. Get a lawyer, and guaranteed he’s cheating or has been. No he’s not gonna change his mind atleast not right now. Let him go.

Leave. Why would you stay. He doesn’t want you there.

If he wants out, then HE needs to get out.

3 Likes

He already left. I wouldn’t leave. I agree with the comments before. Get an attorney. Get all of your ducks in a row. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOME. Don’t give him a leg up in any circumstances.
Especially if he has found someone else. Most judges don’t take kindly to adultery.

6 Likes

You leave, that’s no life for any of you, especially your Child, if he’s outgrown it you all need to move on, why stay with someone he has told you they don’t want you, you deserve better

He found someone else.

1 Like

Leave…he is not the 1 for you my dear you deserve so much better :heart:

1 Like

Don’t give up home or anything like that if he does not want to be with you anymore then till him that you and your daughter are not going anywhere and that he is the one who should find somewhere to live .

3 Likes

Why stay where you’re clearly not wanted? Move on. He should explain himself and not ignore you but don’t try changing his mind he doesn’t want you, it’s time to go.

1 Like

Sounds to me like he already found someone else

2 Likes

Get an attorney and be advised… you may get the house if there’s small children…look out for yourself and daughter…

5 Likes

He isn’t going to change his mind. He’s being amicable, he’s told you he doesn’t want to be with you, nor does he love you anymore. Why would you stay, when it’s been made clear that the relationship is over? Just because you want answers, doesn’t mean you are actually going to get them. Contrary to popular belief, sometimes there are no answers. He’s being honest with you and you should respect that and you might get answers, but he’s been pretty clear so there really is no reason to stay.

4 Likes

Honestly, he did what he did. If he doesn’t want to be kept, he won’t be. So staying there and waiting is only going to hurt you in the end. He was mature enough to let you know “hey, this isn’t working for me” and apologized. Afterwards there isn’t any reason for you two to talk as if you’re still together. If he is there for his daughter still, be grateful. Let him father his daughter, but don’t sit there with the what if’s and move forward for yourself.

4 Likes

Make him move, file for spousal support and child support. He will have to pay spousal support until you get married again

5 Likes

Abandon ship he got new squeeze

4 Likes

No go there’s someone else

3 Likes

My kids and I wouldn’t be leaving our home when he’s the one who wants a divorce, he already left so let him figure out where he’s moving to, and if I were u I would tell him that immediately, it sounds like he found someone else so u should talk to a lawyer ASAP

13 Likes

Leave. He already made his decision

Sorry to hear that and it must be devastating… But I wouldn’t try to stay and force him to work it out, I don’t think that will help and probably just push him away farther.

1 Like

I’d stay in the house and tell him to get the fuck out with his immature self.

So he’s kicking out the kid, too. That’s same thing. You can take him to court…you can get everything. He’s the one should leave. I’m sorry, but think about it

2 Likes

Sometimes you don’t get the closure/answers. :heart: And that’s okay.

1 Like

Agree with both Katrina Free and Grace Webster.

1 Like

If he wants to leave let him leave. Stay put with your daughter. Change locks.

8 Likes

Tell him too file for divorce. Take him him to the cleaners!!

1 Like

You can’t make someone stay where they don’t want to be! You do deserve answers but he may be trying to shield you from hurting your feelings knowing the feeling is not mutual!

2 Likes

It’s his choice take the divorce and child support

1 Like

I agree. You STAY. He is wanting to leave tell him to Go. It’s your home too so DO NOT LEAVE. GET YOU AN ATTORNEY ASAP.

11 Likes

Agree with the previous comments! Do NOT leave. Most judges will rule you can stay in the house since you have a child at least until she is 18. He can NOT throw you out! Get a lawyer asap!!!

7 Likes

When someone tell u they don’t want you, believe them and move on lol

3 Likes

He is probably with someone else. News flash, he doesn’t get to tell you to leave! Half of everything is yours! Get a good lawyer. Get a PI to see if he is in fact cheating, you need that for court. Some states allow you to sue the person he is cheating with as well. What a :eggplant:

4 Likes

He’s got someone else by the sounds of it

2 Likes

He can leave why uproot your daughter and get a lawyer

2 Likes

Sounds like he found someone else. I’m so sorry. Do what’s best for your daughter and remain amicable but move on

3 Likes

My god girl do not leave. He left let him stay gone. Get a lawyer asap.

8 Likes

It’s someone else love he has moved on

Well he should be the one gone in a month. Not u

4 Likes

Don’t leave the house. Stay there with your daughter. He can stay somewhere else.

3 Likes

Everybody’s here saying what you should do and not

Now my advice darling is do what ever is easier on you, mentally, financially, and physically.

You have a child you have her around the clock it seems like, so you do what’s easier for you guys.

Half of these women telling you to just leave, is not really the best advice!

Let me tell you rent these days and food and clothing for our kids!? Man I have been a single parent for ten years and now I’ve added a daughter to the mix lol

It is hard. I was living off of 1400$ a month.
My rent is 1100$
Hydro is 200$
Internet is 100$

You see how much is left over. 0$

How much for food guess what 0$ a month

My mom has to help me with buying food. Because after the bills I had absolutely nothing left to spare.

I moved out you see, I thought it was the right decision I mean it felt like it and I had lot of people tell me to leave. But they forgot to tell me how hard it was going to be.

If I would of stayed he would of had to pay his part and he wouldn’t of gotten away with it

By he did and who had to struggle?!

If I would of stayed I could of demanded more instead I left and I left fast and ever since man it’s been a struggle.

Finally as of this month I won’t need to struggle. But I just went seven months struggling. Seven months of not being able to buy food because reality is

Being a single parent is the hardest thing you’ll ever have to do!

So you do what is right for you and what’s easier

4 Likes

Don’t leave. You have your daughter to raise. What he said reminds me of my ex. Told me he didn’t love me for 5 yrs. Then told his parents that I cheated on him which was a down right lie, just to make sure he got all the attention. There was never a explanation.

I would put him out where daughter going to stay with him ugh no put him out now

Hell no don’t leave, call a locksmith and have the locks changed, and see an attorney right away.

7 Likes

Lawyer. Stay where you are. Hes already left…

6 Likes

I would ensure that you can afford the house by yourself before you choose to stay without him. Divorces and child support battles are long and leaving the home on your terms is better, in my opinion, than being evicted or foreclosed on.

1 Like

Is your name on the mortgage or the lease if it’s a rental? Legally he can’t force you out if it is. So DO NOT uproot your daughter unless it’s not safe for her there. Get a lawyer asap! I’m so sorry you are going through this.

3 Likes

He has a side piece. Get out with your dignity.

4 Likes

Get a good lawyer, he can’t just put you out. Make sure you file for custody of your child. If you leave the house you are giving it to him. Do not leave. He’s been cheating and found someone new and likely wants the house to move them into.

6 Likes

Baby, go get you a lawyer & don’t ever look back💜

4 Likes

Just go and stay gone. No one gets to reject me twice.

Don’t leave and get a lawyer. Depending on state laws, even if your name is not on the house note, he may still be required to buy you out. Document everything from that moment forward. Him leaving the house may impact any decision. Again get a lawyer and don’t listen to all this on facebook. While some info is good some will not be. Lawyer, stay, document. 100% lawyer

9 Likes

Sounds like his mind is made up. Don’t wait around. You should file and go on The offensive. Get an attorney file for divorce and child custody and child support. Take all your things and move to storage unit then take your child and stay with family till you are on your feet. Also file for alimony. Please don’t be a doormat. if he wants it give it too him and take all you can from him. Make his life uncomfortable, don’t wait around for him to make your life harder than already is. Good luck

6 Likes

Too much of a coward to tell you he has a girlfriend. :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

If the house was purchased after the marriage you don’t have to leave as it’s marital property. And it can be split and sorted out in court. Start looking at lawyers. He probably already got a girlfriend. And I’d try to find out about that too and mention that in the divorce filings/Proceedings if you find anything. Adultry cause affect the outcome and help you child support and spousal support wise and with division of property.

11 Likes

There’s another women . Get a good lawyer and take him to the cleaners get half of everything thing

5 Likes

Go file before he can, make sure you document he willing left the house, and left you the keys, they will at least temporarily award you the house so you can care for your daughter. And honestly I would get him to admit he’s having an affair so you can claim adultery in the divorce

6 Likes

Get an attorney. Don’t leave unless your attorney says to. Stay safe!

Wow back up
The truck. Get some good legal advice. Have him checked out to his other commitments! He might have other interests. You and your daughter have rights that need to be protected. Be smart about this situation

He’s gotta side chick he’s trying to move in. Get a lawyer and Don’t leave because if you do, he can claim it in divorce.

5 Likes

Don’t leave. Contact a lawyer immediately. If you own your home it also belongs to you, half what you’ve accumulated in your “partnership” is yours. Your lawyer will tell you how to proceed. This didn’t just happen, it’s been coming and it sounds like he’s made up his mind sometime ago and recently got the balls to say it out loud to you. I’m willing to bet he already has his new partner lined up and waiting in the wings. Trying to reason, beg or cajole him back will not work. Time to pull up those big girl panties, put on your war paint and get it done. Be strong for your daughter and don’t involve her in anything to do with your marriage, it’s not her fault and none of her business.

1 Like

First off if you’re married you’re entitled to that house the same as him you don’t have to go anywhere other than that get a lawyer

6 Likes

Do not leave, get lawyer asap. He left you in house n keys to car n house. He left not you. He can leave it again.

2 Likes

Whatever you do…do not abandon the property. He wants out then he can leave.

5 Likes

Im.sure there is an other person now in his life.

5 Likes

Don’t let a man tell you twice, he don’t want you.

7 Likes

Technically he has abandoned you, the child and the home and it’s possessions. Do not leave.

11 Likes

Stay in the home until everything is decided in court. Don’t abandon anything.

8 Likes

If you leave the home it will be noted as Abondment against you in court. That’s what he is banking on
Do NOT Leave the home!

8 Likes

Hes been messing around on you. Simple as that. No need to beg or carry on. It wont help… Move on.

9 Likes

Lawyer up this sounds like there’s a side chick involved and he thinks if he can blindside you he’ll get off no child support and all the things. Take his ass to court. Don’t leave your home, don’t surrender your keys. And if you don’t work or work far less get that alimony.

DO NOT make this easy on him, not saying you need to be a complete AH but need to grow a set, get an attorney and approach this like it’s business, the love is gone on his end and THAT HURTS a lot but you will need to be strong for yourself and your children, BTW, he’s doing you a favor and the universe has something better planned for you😘

9 Likes

First of all withdraw all money you have in any and all accounts you have together. Find yourself a lawyer. Go to attorney generals office and file for custody of your child along with child support. DO NOT pack or move any of your belongings! Being married you are entitled by law to mediate and  divide  assets ie house,cars, accounts any other property. You can also ask the court for spousal support if you are not working full time. 
I’m so sorry sweetheart but your husband has been cheating on you and is telling you there’s nothing you can do to make it right. Keep your head up smile and take him for everything he’s got!! You deserve way better doll face! You got this❤️

13 Likes

Have the locks changed, call a lawyer, adjust your bank cash. He already left and hasn’t been staying there. You’re married and that’s your property too.
File for the immediate custody and try to set up what works for you both.

4 Likes

Accept that your marriage is over. It hurts awful and sucks but it’s clear he has decided and won’t change his mind.
BUT do NOT leave the home until the divorce is settled and finalized. If you were married any decent length of time or you bought the home as a married couple this is unfair to you and the kids and mediation for a division of assets is your right.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t leave your home. Make him stay gone. If your married and he left that’s his choice. He cannot make you uproot your home and your lives all because he just feels like it. I’m sorry about your heartbreak but do not let him push you out of your home like this. You have rights, he wants out of the relationship and left you all that stuff then let him stay out. Period

4 Likes

Don’t leave until you talk to an attorney/lawyer. He can’t just make you move out. If he does then he needs to pay $$$ for the home and everything in it. Do not leave! :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: he probably has been seeing someone else behind your back

8 Likes

He more than likely has been cheating. I’d get a private detective to follow him.

1 Like

You go lawyer up ASAP. Do not leave that is your and your daughters home and he can’t just come and go as he pleases… they will issue a temporary order until everything can be settled. Definitely do not wait or let him know. An attorney is 10000% needed NOW.

8 Likes

Absolutely do not leave. That is your house too. He can file for divorce and they can decide who goes.

5 Likes

He’s infatuated with somebody else right now. You deserve better.
Also, Y’all are married, you live there with his child, you do not have to leave. I wouldn’t just so he can move him and his lover in.

2 Likes

Sounds like he has either met someone else or already been with someone else. It’s over, I agree with everyone else, do not leave the home, it will be used against you. He can leave; get an attorney now.

5 Likes

Never let a person, disrespect you twice. He already told you how he feels. When someone shows you who they are, you listen and take them at face value. You leave and worry about you and your baby. Try seeking therapy so you can work through this because I know it will hurt through the process. Stay steadfast and lean unto the Lord. Sometimes what we see as things we need, God sees them already for what/who they are. So, allow God to remove dead weight from your life. Nd know any removal that God does, He does it with the intent for bigger and better blessings to blossom. You got this lady! You are worthy and you deserve someone to be in love with you and communicate their issues with you. Hang tight, and hold God’s hand. He has it already figured out for you. Trust his process.

1 Like