My spouse told me he was only with me because of our daughter: Advice?

He told you how he really felt. I’d take that and run with it. Stop wasting your time.

2 Likes

Leave. By staying you’re showing your daughter that its acceptable to be treated that way.

2 Likes

i’m so sorry that you are going through this!! did he possibly say it out of anger & not actually mean it? do what feels right for you & if it feels like he was being honest please respect yourself enough to know that both you and your children deserve to live in a loving home.

1 Like

We either need to know what else he said that was so bad you don’t even want to repeat it… Or you already know it’s time to go and you just need someone to tell you. It’s time go girl. I’m sorry.

1 Like

As hard as it is, you may have to go your separate ways and remain friends for the well being of your daughter.

:running_woman::running_woman::running_woman::running_woman::running_woman::running_woman: run

2 Likes

Leave. If you’re not happy and hes not happy, leave. Staying together for the child makes no sense. Go and make yourselves happy. Co parent.

1 Like

Leave! Don’t let your daughter think that sort of treatment is what love is

4 Likes

You will learn to get over the love you have for him and the hurt BUT you can never get back days wasted in a one sided relationship… You deserve to find someone who loves you as much as you love them if not more! I get loving him and not wanting to let go but let me tell you the sooner you find your own true happiness you will look back and be thankful you left when you did. No more wasted love or days! Also you wouldn’t want your daughter to grow up believing it okay to settle for just love and not true happiness or a solid to way relationship

Time to ditch the jerk being on your on your own with 2 kids isn’t easy but way better than staying with a ungrateful jerk been there done that but with 4 kids

1 Like

Fuck. That. Your child will know the true feelings of the relationship no matter how much he (or you) try to hide it. It’s better for kids to be happy with separated parents than miserable together.
He told you what he felt. If that ever came out of someone’s mouth, I’d be done. If he didn’t mean it…he doesn’t love you. No one that loves you would say that kind of stuff KNOWING…how much it would hurt you

2 Likes

People say hurtful things when their mad

1 Like

Walk away. He said his piece.

Never let someone tell you that they don’t want you more than once

1 Like

Leave him. If he was just being a jerk and really does love you then make him work to get you back. If not then you are saving yourself and your babies a lot of trouble and heartache. I’m so sorry. That’s not okay to say…ever. No matter how angry he may have been he shouldn’t say something like that to you. It places doubt and insecurity and it’s not alright.

Believe him! He’s using you and youre letting him. That’s a complicated situationship, not a family.

Leave and start fresh.you deserve so much better and years down the road if you dont leave,you will kick yourself for wasting so much time and not being happy!

You are in a hard place I understand I have been there. It will get worse. He does not respect you and thinks you will not walk away. I hope things get better for you and that you never let someone make you feel like you are not good enough you are .

You know what you gotta do…it’s just hard to face.

You do what you would want your child to do in that situation. Because if you aren’t a role model she might learn the wrong things about relationships and make the same mistakes. I’m a member of that club and honestly…it sucks. You have a lot of regret and there’s nothing you can do about it.

I stayed in a relationship where I felt like I was the other woman instead of his significant other…did that for 13 yrs. My biggest regret. I should’ve let him go the moment he tried to leave when I was pregnant with our first. Don’t make the same mistake I did. You’ll regret it later. Do right by your kids-by your daughter. Show her what self love is, what it means. Even if it means walking away from her dad. As she gets older, she’ll understand.

3 Likes

I mean marrying wouldn’t benefit him at all so that’s the only part I can see but saying that and him acting it are different could have said it to hurt you

R.U.U.U.N… now… I promise it won’t get better. Girl, at first it will feel like the world is breaking and caving around you. But, with the right support system and people backing you it gets easier. Someone else will come along and show you what a TRUE man is. Kid(s) or not. Hes not the one for you

3 Likes

He said what he said. Whether it was to hurt you or the truth doesn’t matter. It still has the same effect on you. You will always remember it. Do you want your kids brought up in that kind of enviroment

3 Likes

dude thats a bullshit copout . for real nobody should ever stay with anyone because they feel obligated too. co-parenting is totally possible when you arent with the other parent… i have plenty of friends who do it. although i dont personally know what its like just going based on what uve seen and heard

It happens. The ball is in your court. If you’re okay with just being a co-parent and FWB to your children’s father… then keep going down the same road. But if getting married and building a true future with someone is what you want, then he just told you that he’s not the one.
I, personally, wouldn’t want to be a mere convenience to another person.

2 Likes

You can’t unstab someone. Sometimes once its been said you can’t make yourself feel for them anymore

Leave his stupid ass, you are losing a part of your life you are spending on him. He spoke the truth about his true feelings when he was mad.

1 Like

Find your self respect and walk…He will eventually leave… Don’t let him call the shots any longer…

1 Like

You leave before you’re hurt worse… The day will come when the kids are not enough… Sorry. The right person will catch his eye & it will destroy you more. And, sorry but why would you want to be with somebody who doesn’t want you, for you. Together for the kids wouldn’t be enough for me. And what kind of man tells you that when you’re pregnant :woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

Kids are not reason enough to stay, You can successfully co-parent apart, At least that way you can then move on and eventually find real happiness with someone who will love and appreciate you in the manner you deserve. If you stay you’re throwing away your worth and setting your children up to accept this kind of treatment from others.
It sucks and it’s f*cking scary I know (been there done that) but it’s so much better than living in misery, You are worth so much more than that.

This is your moment to become the best version of yourself. For you and for your child. No one should ever make you feel less THAN. You are the one in control of your domain of happiness. When you embrace this and practice it, you will always find joy. Start planning for conversations about how you feel and where you are going. Because he does not get it. There are so many people out there who do.

2 Likes

Truth is often said…
In anger, in jest. and the bottom of a bottle. He did not lie then. He is just covering them with lies now. Be careful, plan for the worst. Hugs.

2 Likes

You can love someone for sharing a family with you but not be IN love. Be strong, walk away. Understand your worth. You deserve so much better. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Ask him to leave…you’d prefer to be with someone who loves and appreciates you for who you are.

5 Likes

Get out and get out NOW!

5 Likes

If he doesnt love you there is zero reason to stay with him regardless of how much you love him. Love yourself more and show your child a happy mom living her best life.

7 Likes

We always know what to do. We often ignore that voice telling us what to do. Because you are pregnant, you might not want to do the do now, but you know what to do. You deserve to be loved. So, go to counseling together, if he is better at some point, maybe stick it out, but really, the chances this should go on are slim.

3 Likes

You need to love yourself enough to walk away. What he’s doing is not fair to you or your daughter… he’s teaching her that it is okay for a man to treat her this way.

3 Likes

There’s always some truth when a man says hurtful things. Decide what kind of relationship you want your daughter to see… if this don’t it… go.

4 Likes

He’s already ripped the bandaid…might as well finish throwing him away. You deserve to be treated better by someone who will love you for you and not because you have kids together. It’s ok to be mad, cry, yell and scream…but keep moving forward even if it seems like a crawl.

4 Likes

Life is short! Love your babies someone is out there that would move heaven and earth for you! Words cut deep and sometimes it’s unforgivable!

5 Likes

Bless you he’s terrible mean I wish you better and he will pay for this sooner than later he doesn’t deserve you :rose:

4 Likes

The minute that came out of his mouth you should have been gone. Don’t let him waste your time. You’re better than that. Get your stuff and go!

5 Likes

You leave. I wasted 7 years on a man that claimed he loved me but abused me, mostly mentally/emotionally/verbally but has a couple times physically. I gave him two beautiful healthy children one just turned 3 months old… a little girl. Thought for sure he’d change, I was doing something wrong. None of it is okay, not for you and definitely not your littles. Get out before more damage is done :heart:

6 Likes

Get rid of him all hes doing is controlling you and he dont even want to be with you, hes an ass and you would be better off without him in your life. Make him leave sort arrangements for your guys daughter, that work for the 3 of you. Mostly Love Yourself and know your worth and your worth alot more than being stuck with a idiot like that… Good Luck to You …

4 Likes

as u can tell most of the comments are saying to leave him and i also agree because like DAMN WHO WOULDNT? Don’t put your children in that position to see their parents not really love each other. show them that you’re still their parents just not together and work on loving yourself, do it for your babies :sparkling_heart:

There are three sides to every story. Yours , his and the truth. The only thing we can ever do is make and keep our side of the street clean.

He already told you how he feels about you. So what more needs to be said??

Why would you want to be with someone who doesn’t love you?

You deserve better. The children deserve better.

Love yourself enough to walk away.

JMHO

5 Likes

Before you leave him , go for marriage counselling. Maybe he will open up and tell you why he is so unhappy. All the best .

You said you love him so much, but I think you love who you want him to be. He’s not that guy. He’s the guy that is only there because of his daughter. It’s only going to get worse once the new baby comes. Unless you want to live on this downhill slide, it’s time to face who he really is. It’s time to move on.

5 Likes

So you got pregnant again you already knew this crap ,well get child support

4 Likes

Unfortunately leaving is the best option. I tried staying in a relationship because of my daughter, and she has been an entirelyyyyy different kiddo since I left that situation over 3 years ago. It was very fake, abusive… it was just a mess. You shouldn’t stay in a relationship just for the kids… they need to see you happy so that they can be happy! Plus, they’re going to learn what a “normal” relationship is by watching you. If they see unhealthy and fake as normal… they’re going to have a very difficult time with relationships as well. Also, you don’t deserve that!!! You deserve someone who actually loves you, respects you, and sees a future with you! Don’t waste your time with him if he doesn’t even care. He was very open and honest (in a not so nice way by the sounds of things), so you need to take that information and do what’s best for you and the babies! There’s no sense in hurting yourself, especially for nothing! I wish you the best of luck momma! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Leave you are worth more than that :heart: x

2 Likes

I would leave because he doesn’t respect or value you and your children will.pick up on that and that is not good for them.Even if he dies love you his treatment of you is unacceptable and not a healthy environment for your children.Hos he treats you will become the standard your daughter sets for herself as she grows up.Stop history repeating itself give yourself a d your children a good future.Goox luck.

I grew up hearing ‘when my kids turn 18 I’m outta here/I’m leaving’ looking back, I would never want my mom to remain unhappy and sacrifice herself for us kids. I will also say, she and dad are still together ans happier now/most content then ever.

2 Likes

Ermmmm… leave or tell him to leave… my question is this? Did he tell you this before you feel pregnant again? If so, why the hell have another baby with a man that has said these awful things? If he said this about you having 1 of his babies he isnt gonna change his mind now the fact you have 2. His stuff would be packed on the door step, ask him to leave the keys and live the best life for you and your children. The right person will come along and love you and your children. Dont waste anymore love, time and emotion who is not gonna give you the same in return. I dont think you have door mat tattooed on your forehead, so he needs to go and you need to start being happy :heart:

2 Likes

This is more about how he feels about himself, he is treating you badly because he wants to keep you down and make you feel unworthy. Tell him if thats how he feels then he needs to leave, it will be a struggle YOU are capable of doing this without him. Your children may not have all the material things that 2 parent cn provide but they will have Self- esteem and love. They do not need to see their mother being treated badly. PUT yourself 1st go to a woman aid group get the support you need to take that 1st step. Let him go, he doesn’t respect you and how can he if you don’t respect yourself. I know its hard i wasted years and years thinking things would change they never did. Sorry to be harsh

1 Like

My Ex said the same, so he is now my Ex… Trust me when that starts the mental abuse only increases, then they have a free pass to date while having all the comforts of family life till it suits them or their new person to make your life even more difficult or up sticks and leave anyway. Get out now. Even If he is depressed it’s a shitty way to project onto you. Start living your life. Get up dress up and get out, live your life.

3 Likes

GET OUT NOW!!! It will only get worse for the kids and yourself! Trust me I watched my sister go through this for 15 years!!!

3 Likes

U deserve better, he doesn’t value or respect u

Getting pregnant again won’t change his mind, that adds more fuel to the fire and ultimately it will be the kids that suffer.

3 Likes

This is about how he feels about himself. Tell him how you feel and ask him to show you that he’s changed his mindset for good. If not, one of you needs to leave… Xx

He has made his feelings VERY CLEAR to YOU. Just because you have kid(s) with him does not mean you have to stay with him. You need to pack up and leave him girl! If he wants to see his baby he has your number im guessing? Don’t waste your time and energy on some one who does not care or want to be with you.

20 Likes

Everyone can give their advice and tell you to leave. It will hurt your heart when you leave but you have to be ready to leave and know that you and your children deserve better. Any form of abuse in a relationship sucks this sounds like it could be borderline verbal and mental abuse. I hope you find peace with whatever decision you make and I truly hope you understand your worth and that you deserve someone to whole heartedly love you and want to be with you because they love your very presence and personality and can’t see theirselves spending their life with anyone else. Kids will not make a relationship work and if that’s the only reason he is staying that sucks and later he could resent the kids which can lead to a whole heap of ugly. But here’s the thing I could tell you a million times to leave and other people can tell you to leave but till you see it’s time to go you won’t. People can tell you thier life experiences but they are not you. Best of luck.

4 Likes

Need more context to this. Did he sit you down to have a heartfelt conversation about this, or was it said in a heated argument to hurt you? If it’s it’s latter he may not have meant it. Either way I think you should leave, atleast for a while. If he loves you enough he will earn you back

9 Likes

Having a child I am sorry as much as you want to stay together for her it is not right to stay together because of her. It will only hurt her in the long run if you try to force a relations. You need to talk to your family and see if they can help you get on your feet. If your not working you need to find away to start working so you can support your and your children. I would go to your local county office and file for child support from him first thing on Monday and then the day you get your second childs soc sec card file on that child as well. Go to your county office if you do not have insurance and file for assistance. If you are not on the lease where your staying I would move as soon as possible. He has made it known how he feels about you and I am sorry he is using you to fulfill his physical needs. Its not fair and frankly mentally abusive, Tal to all of your girlfriends and your family and see how they can help you out.

3 Likes

He has made his feelings VERY clear so there’s nothing left to do but pick yourself up, get your daughter and move on; you are, at this point, just wasting time and energy

19 Likes

Love yourself & move on. He can continue to be part of your daughters life & you can find someone who will love you the way you want to be loved.

22 Likes

Girl tell him bye!!! So many women have been in their own with multiple children. You can do it too. Never feel worthless with anyone.

7 Likes

Get out of that relationship. I had something similar years ago. I had a 6 week old though and was married. It hurt soooo bad, but I tried to stay and couldn’t so I got a based on income apartment ans me ans my baby moved out and I got a divorce. 4 years later I went on my last first date. 8 years later I have 2 young daughters and a husband who worships the ground we walk on. I have a fairy tale life. That wouldn’t be possible if I tried to stay for my son. Even though his dad is still in his life he sees how a man and woman should love eachother…move on!

26 Likes

My dear

1. Its painful when your told your not wanted.
  2. You can seat and talk till warn out with no results or answers.
    (Arquement)
  3. Just try hard to enjoy every moment with him
    Soon he see you are ok

4 good luck.

Worst thing you could to to kids is to stay in a relationship like that. Yes it hurts. That will fade. Don’t waste your time or energy. You got this girl. Pack and leave. :heart: 1 day at a time is how I made it. My girls are 25 and 28 now. :heart: Again you can do this. We are so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for.

11 Likes

There is a saying, “Never make a man tell you he doesn’t want you more than once”. Even if it is said in the heat of anger or argument, those words cut to the bone!!

9 Likes

Leave. He can still be part of the kids lives without being with you.
Better for your children to see and him happy and loved correctly than miserable and fake loved.

6 Likes

Leave. He’ll eventually start saying things to your daughter. Better to be single than with someone like that.

3 Likes

Leave him. She needs raised around love. Hurting you is not love. He can still be a part of her life without being with you.

4 Likes

I would get out. I can tell you it will just mentally get you down. You may become depressed and I’m sure you will be miserable. Your children deserve a happy mom and will know that you are not

3 Likes

He has made his feelings clear. Better to be alone than in a situation like that. For you and the kids.

Do waste your time on people who don’t put in the same energy as you. It’s not worth it. And besides y’all are not even married so why are you still there???

2 Likes

Leave with your daughter… you don’t need to be with him because of the kids. Kids grow up just fine between two homes. It’s not worth staying that leads to more hurt and more pain.

3 Likes

Leave. He’s gonna keep hurting you and saying those hurtful things. Your daughter deserves to see her mom happy and lives so she knows how to be properly loved

2 Likes

You do know what to do. You just want someone else to tell you. Keep in mind that how you allow yourself to be treated is how your daughter will grow up thinking is acceptable and normal. Is your relationship what you want for her?

9 Likes

Have you sat down with him without any tv or phones and just ask me why he said that? I think you two just need to sit down and talk about how you both are feeling and what’s bothering you both. Maybe have a family member watch your toddler, so you two can just sit and talk without tv, or phones. Not over food. Just sit on your couch looking at each other and talk. No arguing, no yelling, no putting down each others feelings. Just listen to what he has to say and talk over everything. Make a compromise if you need to. Who knows he might make a compromise as well. To help your relationship. I really hope the talk helps clear everything that is bothering both of you up and you both can reconnect over it.

People say hurtful things they might not mean over holding things in too long. If things work out after your talk about this. You two should try to make talking over things a weekly thing without phones and tv and no kids around. Talk about the good and bad that happened that week. It will only help you understand each other’s point of view and grow as a couple.

2 Likes

Agree to do good parenting & leave him!! Make sure your daughter comes first & foremost, be adults & show her how to be responsible!!

You already know what to do. Don’t let a man tell you twice he does not want you. You love him yes, but he does not love you. Love you more. He said he will not marry you, believe him. God has someone out there that will love and cherish you. I have always told my daughters to pray for a man that will love them so much more than they love him. It works for me, married to their father for 41 plus years and I know for a fact he loves me more. He would have not ever said anything to hurt me intentionally.

The way I saw/see it is how you allow yourself to be treated is how your daughter will see as “normal” and how she should be treated. I left my ex when my daughter was 2.5 years old and don’t regret it at all. Yes it’s hard but I want her growing up knowing she should be treated right and not tolerate anything but respect and love. I know it’s difficult but think of your daughter and what kind of treatment you want her to think is acceptable. We are all worthy of love and respect even if we don’t think it all the time!

4 Likes

You deserve love and if not getting that in that relationship don’t stay in it for the kids sake move on your kids and you deserve to be happiest and that will come once you feel loved!

I left weeks pregnant with my second. And I’m just fine. I own my own home…the children are happy and I’m happy. You have to decide if you are okay knowing all that. I would not be but some women are okay with it. Just remember one thing…you want your children to truly see you happy. You want to show them real love and a real relationship. Hugs.

1 Like

Girl…RUN! If he really loves you he will jump thru hoops to get ya back if not, well the u will know the truth. Bit sometimes people say things out of angry. But he would have to show me. Js

Leave I would never want to be with someone that doesn’t want to be with me. You will be ok and your kids will be better off also.

Its hard but its the end let go…

Wether it was out of anger or not you don’t say that stuff unless u mean it. Move on. Be happy

It sounds like you need to move on.

You want to be with someone who doesn’t want you, and treats you like crap why?

Move on. I’ve been in a relationship like that. In the end you just get more hurt if you stay.

1 Like

Please leave because he’s always going to through that in your face

1 Like

he loves you , I dont think a child will keep a man around…

Don’t let a man have to tell you twice that he don’t want you!!!

dont ever stay because of the kids…he doesnt love you…show hom the door…it made it very clear…it never will last…dont waste your life on piece. of crap.

What do you teach your daughter through this