Opinions on the name Bundy

Just don’t, it’s awful

1 Like

If you name your kid that he’s going to be ridiculed forever. Please don’t do that to him.

Whenever choosing a name for a child, you gotta remember that they will have that name for their whole lives.

1 Like

That would be a huge no for me…that name has a notoriety to it and will most likely cause your child to deal with a lot of teasing…being a kid is hard enough why make it harder…

2 Likes

Have you been living under a rock how do you not know who Ted Bundy is

2 Likes

People call their kids teddy/ted/Theodore so I don’t see what the issue is.

1 Like

i immediately thought of ted bundy lmfao.

1 Like

That’s my last name and I embrace it!

My first thought was Al bundy, from married with children. Lol.

2 Likes

With that name you are setting your child up to be bullied. Don’t name your child that!

1 Like

Are you saying first name Bundy?? No no please don’t. That will doom him to a life of hatred and being bullied

6 Likes

Its just a dumb name, serial killer aside.

How does anyone not know about Ted Bundy?

1 Like

Married with Children Al Bundy, serial killer Ted Bundy….nope, sorry.

That being said, when I named my daughter Elsie everyone brought up cows.

3 Likes

Please don’t name your child Bundy.

3 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t want to even take the chance of all the Ted Bundy references being directed at my child.

Immediately thought of Ted… I would rethink that. He may want to date someday :hugs:

You don’t know about Ted Bundy …suuuuuure

8 Likes

I thought this was the name shaming group I’m in for a second lol
But yeah, that really is a shame. Don’t do it

It’s a horrible name. I’m sorry but it is.

Don’t do it… if anything out of respect for the families of the victims he killed.

It is your child, your choice. Don’t let anyone tell you “can’t” or “shouldn’t” because of this or that. You absolutely can. IMO** :tipping_hand_woman:t4:

1 Like

Ur kid ur choice fuck everyone and what they think. I named my child Dexter after the serial killer from the books and TV show. If they anit fucking, feeding, or financing you why do you give a fuck.

You name your kid Bundy and thats100% a serial killer name whether you like that or not

It’s your child. If you like it, use it. Nobody else’s opinion matters.

1 Like

Yep, I thought of Ted Bundy immediately. Sorry. You do you though.

1 Like

You may love it but truth is there is unfortunately a very famous serial killer with the name and Married With Children. You have to pick your battles. You can make it a middle name or use different the middle name for the public. Idk… it just is what it is hon. I would never want to name my children anything so easy mocked and ridiculed. Name a pet this if you like it so much.

10 Likes

Or Al Bundy from married with children. Eh. If that’s what you want go for it but I’d pass… :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

This the first Bundy i know of. I heard he was a legend in High school

1 Like

What’s wrong with you? Too even think that’s an okay name???

3 Likes

Doesnt matter if you don’t know, millions of others do. Millions

1 Like

My 1st thought… Ted Bundy, as well. Your choice but it’s your child that has to go through a LIFETIME with that stigma attached to that name. Most people would not want to do this.

2 Likes

middle name Adolf ? Good ring to it

6 Likes

You got Ted or Al. Neither conjure good thoughts. PLEASE DON’T do that to that baby!

7 Likes

I have a customer with the last name bundy, every time I see his name I think of Ted, regardless of how you feel about it that name is associated with a horrific history.

2 Likes

Im gonna lay the scenario out for you… You name the kid bundy, he is ridiculed his whole life growing up about being a serial killer…so then he becomes the NEXT Ted Bundy! Why would u do that? If i was your husband and you named my child that, I would divorce you and take the kid and rename him! Not to mention bundy is just a terrible name to begin with even if it wasnt a serial killers name 🤦

7 Likes

Ted Bundy is one of the most prolific serial killers in all of the US. With all of the documentaries on Netflix how do you not know?!?

4 Likes

Can I ask how old you are to not know about Ted bundy?

5 Likes

Nope! First of all how could you not know? But now that you do, why do it?

2 Likes

Please don’t do that to your child.

Worked with a guy and his name was Trashy White. Imagine going through life with a name like that. Dont do it.

3 Likes

Please DO NOT name your baby after a serial killer. Whether you reference the name to him or not literally EVERYONE else will. I used to say things like who cares what other people think and that can be tru in instances but maybe you don’t care but your child will. So try to think of ways to prevent hurting your child in the future like when he’s coming home from school wanting to legally change his name because all the kids are laughing and making fun possibly bullying just because you liked the name Bundy. I honestly think it’s adorable for a first name but just knowing about the stigma would make me change my mind.

Don’t do it! Brady is cute if you want a similar name

Make it a middle name it no you who will take the blunt it will be your child tormented haunted ridiculed make fun of and bullied over think about it this is about your child and what your child’s going to have to live with if you really love this child coming and want to give it a wonderful Life make the middle name are not at all

1 Like

Be sick of it all you want it won’t stop people from thinking you’re obsessed with a serial killer. He’s one of the most famous ones, I don’t believe you don’t know who he is. If “everyone” is telling you that chances are you’re American, and if you are and you love that baby you will not name them Bundy.

7 Likes

1st. It’s ur baby. It’s up to u and ur hubby what u name him. Just b ready for some ppl to mention the reference later in life.
2nd. Some of u women are horrible. Mom-bashing and sh*t. ”if I was ur husband I’d divorce u" talk about rude.
3rd. My first born was named Damian. Yes after the movie “the omen”. Idgaf what other ppl think. We liked the name so we used it. End of story.

Maybe get a dog and name him Bundy. Life is hard enough especially the school years, why would you do that to your child? This is about as pathetic as the girl that got his bite mark as a tattoo

3 Likes

So many names and u like that one?

2 Likes

No, much better choices out there.

Name your child whatever makes you happy. Bundy is definitely uncommon and as long as it’s middle name isn’t Ted I think you’re good :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s your kid…name what you want. I think of married with children. I love it. Screw what others think though…do your thing

Well, you kind of are naming him after a Serial killer… how to you not know of Ted Bundy.

3 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: don’t listen to these people!!! If you love the name use it. Times are changing and kids have all sorts of unique names. People love to associate negative things with positive things, it makes them feel special :joy:

This is like that one time that lady wanted to name her kid Lucifer and couldn’t understand why her family were against it :joy:

3 Likes

I would not like that name,probably get teased at school .

Please no.
I usually tell people name your kids whatever you want. But this… is not a good idea… Kids will bully him and your child will hate you for naming him that… there are sooo many names out there please don’t use the name bundy. the first person I thought of was ted bundy… imagine what the kids will say and do to your child.

1 Like

No it is not about feeling special ,it’s about how the name will affect there life.Life can be cruel. I know how it feels to have kids make fun of your name.

2 Likes

Not sure where you are but in the UK Bundy isn’t a first name anyway. If you are in the US (where there are lots of odd names) I don’t think it’s the greatest idea. A child’s name can affect their young life so maybe stick to something more normal, the child can always change it to something more creative when it’s older.

But what does alcohol have to do with anything? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t if you don’t know who Ted bundy is do some research then decide if you want to saddle your child with that name and the jokes.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t risk the chance of my child being bullied. Kids are cruel no matter how well parents raise them. Until their parents catch them or it’s brought to their attention they can’t correct them so they continue bullying.

1 Like

NAME YOUR KID WHATEVER YOU WANT!!! For those saying “he will be bullied” then those kids should be taught some manners! Fuck it! It’s a nice name and a lot of people are so into the Ted bunch series right now soooo who gives a f*** :woman_shrugging:t3:

When I think of Bundy I think of Married with Children :sweat_smile: Didn’t know who Ted Bundy was when I was a child.

7 Likes

Please don’t !!! Imaging when the kid goes to school!! , when you have kids it’s not just about you anymore, the kid will go bullied so bad for that name

Not even just being names after a serial killer but I think the child would also get made fun of for its nick name. Bun or buns. I wouldn’t do it.

Ugly name… definitely was a serial killer named Ted bundy. But hey your baby your choice

It’s your child who cares. Just like ppl have their childrens name Rhyme or sound a like :woman_facepalming:

I think of Al Bundy - would probably pass.:woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Please don’t! Everyone will remind your child of it for the rest of his life

1 Like

Please don’t do that to your child!

1 Like

Maybe as a middle name but not as a first name.

It’s no one’s damn business what your name your child! If they want to have a say in a child’s name then they should have one of their own!! Hell there are kids out there with far worse names then bundy. Courtney cox named her damn kid apple, and how about Elon Musk kids name you can’t even pronounce! You do you :heart:

It’s awful in every sense of the word. It’s horrible.

While I personally wouldn’t name him that it is ultimately your choice and no one else’s

That’s my friends daughter last name. We call her Bundy as a nick name. And you never heard of Ted Bundy?? But yeah I wouldn’t do it to that baby

2 Likes

Ted Bundy is a BIG serial killer, your child would be teased for the rest of his life. I wouldn’t do it but it’s your choice.

4 Likes

Have you considered Dahmer :thinking:

11 Likes

The name of great profit al bundy right about everything.
Or other great man Ted bundy

How do you not know who Ted Bundy is ? Like even if you’re not into true crime , most everyone knows who he is :woman_facepalming:t2::rofl:

1 Like

That was his last name. His first name was Ted. He was a serial killer.

1 Like

No way!! You’re setting you child up for being made fun of. Ted Bundy is a VERY WELL KNOWN SERIAL KILLER.

4 Likes

Ted Bundy? Al Bundy? You dont know of these people? I mean ultimately its your choice but I wouldnt

1 Like

Yeah hard no for me and im a true crime junkie!

1 Like

Hard pass. Besides the obvious… that’s a term/nickname people in my area use for a… certain amount of heroin… for lack of a better and more appropriate description lmao

1 Like

I only think of Al bundy when I see the name bundy :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Your child will be bullied and made fun of. Please don’t do that to your child.

2 Likes

Even without the serial killer name I still wouldnt do it because it sounds more like a last name to me. Maybe find one similar but not exact.

1 Like

it’s your kid & it doesn’t matter wha others think. oh wel

Think about your child first. You may love it but he would be judged by it nonstop, especially by teachers or potential employers. Imagine never getting a phone call about the job of your dreams because of your ridiculous name.
Save that name for a pet cat, it would be more fitting.

4 Likes

Have some heart for what the kid will have to go through. Think about it. There are so many masculine names you could choose from and you land on Bundy? What about Droke, Cooper, or Albert? None of which are serial killers.

Your çhild, your choice…period …I personally like the name…

I personally wouldn’t even without the serial killer connection but this is your child. Just be aware that people will likely make fun of it. Think it through. This is your child and can name him whatever you’d like. Maybe it has a special meaning for you. If you feel it’s right than you do just that. Just be aware.

Just say that you want your child to be bullied. No one cares if you “don’t drink or know about the serial killer”. Everyone else knows and your child’s life is going to be miserable. It’s a terrible name even if a horrible rp**t/serial kller didn’t share that name.

3 Likes

Bundy rum. It’s a terrible name for a child- -

My first thought was Al Bundy.

4 Likes

It is your child & your choice ultimately. So if you like it, then choose it.
I would definitely think about the long term of the name though.

Get a pet and name it Bundy. Please don’t do this to your kid.

2 Likes

That name is a Tragedeigh 2.0

2 Likes

I would/could never…

But it’s your kid. Why do you care what we think :thinking: opinions are like…. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nooo maybe you need to research Ted Bundy I feel you will change your mind once you learn about him.please do not name your child that.