Should I allow the childs father in the room when I give birth?

Giving birth especially by C-section is very painful very stressful I agree with everybody else either your mother or a trusted friend could you know we’ll be there for you and support you I would not want him in the room

3 Likes

If I was in your situation it would be a hard pass. I couldn’t be in the same room as him after that bs

1 Like

No…u will be going though enough have someone loving there…if he comes i would let him see the baby then have him leave …u need happy time for u and ur baby…he will just make u feel bad about urself

Not unless you’re ok with it. This time is about you, you need supportive people and people you’re comfortable with

No. U need to be focused and not stressed out by having him in there. Keep him out of ur life if he’s toxic. He doesn’t deserve to witness the miracle of child birth .

Apply for. A test to. Prove either. Way his. Or. Not. Don’t. Allow. A cheating. Big. Mouth. In your. Birthing. Room. That’s. Just. Giving. Him. Rights. To. Steal. Your. Baby. And. Make. You. Out. To. Be mental.

1 Like

Say no… Take someone you love and trust… One you know will be there for you every step of way​:footprints::black_heart:

Personally, I wouldn’t. I would want a calm environment and not added stress because not only can it tremendously affect you, but also your baby will be able to feel it too now. Plus since it’s not “his”, why would he think he should be in there anyways??? :sparkling_heart:

Why would he be there if he doesn’t think he’s the dad? Leave him out, you need to be safe and comfortable going through a procedure like that, it’s hard enough on the body!

1 Like

Listen. Have someone In that room you trust and would want to be there JUST IN CASE. My ex and I went through it and I was pregnant and I strait up said. I do not want to die w you by my side! Also that person who’s in the room w you gets to have alone time w the baby while they are caring for you after surgery…
In the o.r they remove baby, weigh, let you have an arm free to snuggle a little then they take “dad” and baby to recovery to wait for you.

Soooooo with that in mind make your decision. Someone you trust, someone you’ll want by your side alone.

1 Like

He can see the baby after it is born. In your greatest time of need, you should have someone holding your hand that is going to bring you comfort and help keep you relaxed. Surgery is serious. The birth is about you first and baby second. Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Nahhh. Bring someone who will be your peace!

No I wouldn’t want him there if he acted like that.

I’m in a fairly similar situation and I don’t plan to. If he can step up, have an adult conversation, etc. Then I’ll consider it. But he needs to very specifically, very politely ask permission with a very sincere apology. Basically- kiss my damn feet and we’ll talk!

No way not with those allegations!

1 Like

If your not in good terms I’d say no especially if he doesn’t think he’s the dad. Ask someone you trust and would want there for support

You don’t HAVE to do anything that you don’t want! Im sure that before asking this question you were already feeling you don’t want him in the delivery room. Do what you feel is right for you. Don’t worry about what anyone else says! Do what you feel is right!

1 Like

They will not allow him in the delivery room but if they do it’s a bad idea because it will add to the stress I could affect the baby so I would not

The father of my child was not in o.r. When I had my csection. I had my momma with me

1 Like

It is your choice at the end of the day.

I wouldn’t want him in there.

1 Like

The person on the room is supposed to be someone who cares about YOU. Doesn’t sound like he applies. He can wait and watch the baby in the nursery.

3 Likes

Take a supportive loving person with you.

1 Like

If he’s going to cause extra stress that would a no to him being in the room.

1 Like

I would not let him, but that’s your personal choice not Facebook

If he is denying the baby or saying you did it on purpose to get money from him then I’d say no and make him get a DNA test.

2 Likes

I would take a family member in there that loves you and the baby. Someone that can make medical decisions in an emergency on your behalf. You want love surrounding you and your baby when its born. Stress will make it more difficult to give birth.

1 Like

I would have him wait. Let the baby be born in a room with positive energy.

3 Likes

Nope.you need a supportive person during that time

3 Likes

No. That is a special moment and no one toxic should be in that room.

3 Likes

Anyone who would add stress to the already difficult birthing process, does not need to be there.

3 Likes

I will not refuse any man in question to attend. it will only happen once. Providing he will not cause added stress then your nurse or doctor may excuse them.

I didn’t let my twins father in the room for the same reason. Don’t do it. Take someone who will be there for you!!

2 Likes

If he doesn’t think it’s his baby why does he want in there??

2 Likes

Nope girl. This is not about him. You do whatever makes you feel the least amount of stress

1 Like

Okay so… Just my view…
Natural delivery is stressful on mom and baby.
But it’s mother nature.

C-section is not nature. And Even more stressful.
However the prospect of a new life, is enough to bring anyone to reality. Clearly if u are asking this, dad wants to be there.

Now I agree, not in the room cz u need calm and collect. Speak to ur Dr. Maybe they will allow him in as soon as baby is born. Or they will let him wait outside and cone cut the cord or hand baby to him ass soon as all checks are done?otherwise, let dude in. But have them make a corner for him to hang out until your baby is here.
I bet the drs have been here before and have a solution for u.

Either way, good luck… many blessings on your delivery and new baby!! :heart:

No way in hell! If he accused me of getting of on purpose or denies the child is his no way I wouldn’t even consider it!!! Even if there is no way it could be anyone elses child just the disrespect of it all would make me tell him get the hell away!!!

No you need to be as calm at possible during a csection. Pick someone who supports you and can help you through it

Whatever you feel like. Does he want to be in there? I think if he does he probably wants the baby to be his. If this is the case, being there might overwhelm him in a good way and may make things easier in the long run. That doesn’t mean you have to take him back though.

1 Like

you don’t have to have anyone in the room, your choice.

Honestly he deserves as a father to see that baby be born. Once you make a baby it no longer becomes about you or him. He does not get to attend the birth later if you all make up. That is a once in a lifetime event. Why deny him those rights or the baby that chance due to past issues with him and you.

I’m in the same situation. I am due in 4 weeks or so and I’m not allowing the baby’s dad in the room. They say stress could add to complications. You need to think about what’s best for you and your baby first and foremost.

1 Like

No way. If u know he’s the father

No…don’t let a child’s first energy be negative…

1 Like

No, wayyyy too much negativity.

Nope. No negativity needed. He can wait in waiting room and request a dna

not if he stresses you and will ruin a special priceless moment.

I’d tell him to take a hike. This is super special for you and baby and if he wants to be a jerk, he can sit out.

2 Likes

If u feel he is going to make it complicated for you tell him stay out!

3 Likes

Nope
He can wait in the waiting room!!!

4 Likes

Nope. You shouldnt let ANY negativity or toxicity in to the delivery room. And if he doesn’t even think it’s his, or thinks you have other motives, why should he even want to. This is about YOU and your beautiful baby. Keep it calm, positive, stress free.

That’s a personal decision. Go with your gut instinct. I personally wouldn’t want someone I wasn’t with who was extremely toxic and made those horrible accusations in the room for one of the most happiest days of my life. Again. A personal decision.

Yes I had my mum instead xx

Keep him out. Wouldn’t even allow him to come to the hospital. Be added stress you or the baby don’t need.

5 Likes

No! Doesn’t deserve to see such a beautiful thing!

3 Likes

Keep his butt out… If he thinks he isn’t the father… Then why should he get to watch??

3 Likes

I personally haven’t gone through this. But I say he can come but sit in the waiting area. You don’t need a stressful situation at a time like that.

1 Like

Does he want to be in there? My daughters father said all this to me as well i think its fear. I never even told him when i was in labour something i do feel bad about.

I say NO cause if hes denying the child is his then why would he need to be there …you deserve a happy .loving moment not someone just there to see if its his child when it obviously is

1 Like

Sounds like you answered your own question.

4 Likes

I don’t have my own children, so not sure I have the same feelings as others but I think he should have all the options he would have if you two were still together. It should be his choice to be there or miss out. It’s not the child’s fault that things didn’t work out, so their relationship shouldn’t change because of your feelings. Of course set some ground rules. Your invited to come, but don’t touch me, don’t over step, all choices will be discussed together, etc! But if he starts to stress you or baby he will need to leave.

It’s his kids too correct?

1 Like

You don’t want any kind of negative energy while giving birth, even afterwards. You should save that for after the hospital

Trust your gut. Don’t stress yourself that important moment. He can wait with everyone else.

If he thinks the baby isn’t his, he should just go fuck himself

3 Likes

Ask for a Do Not Announce at the hospital.
They won’t even acknowledge you are there if you have one. No one will be able to call in except those you tell.
Oh, and don’t give the baby his last name. It will save you so much heartache in the future

6 Likes

Absolutely not, that’s a right that a excited father gets. I would have your mom or someone in there with you, don’t add more stress to the situation than is needed. Best of luck to you and I’m sorry you’re going through this. You got this mama!

Due to the toxicity of the relationship he should not be involved. Have someone in who will relieve you and welcome that baby in with LOVE

If it’s not his baby (according to him) then why would you invite him Into such a personal space?! I wouldn’t allow him in there unless you change where you all are currently.

1 Like

That’s your choice!!

1 Like

If you don’t even know if your son is his and he’s accused you of getting pregnant to get child support out of him, HELL NO!!! Why would you even doubt that? You guys aren’t even in a relationship. Why would he want to be in the delivery room with you when he doesn’t even know if the kid is actually his? He won’t give you any kind of moral support. He has no reason to be there. This is a no brainer.

2 Likes

If you aren’t comfortable with it, don’t do it. It’s your surgery.

2 Likes

Was it actually toxic or just full of accusations so you consider it toxic.
If he’s the father and he’s not a threat to his child or you then yes he should be there.

2 Likes

No, he can wait in the waiting room and spend time with baby while you’re recovering.

2 Likes

I wasn’t with my son’s father when I gave birth to my son… due to stress and other factors he wasn’t in the room or when I ended up having the c section… he waited with my father in the waiting room… I don’t regret my decision as I felt he was there but I was the one going through the motions and needed support during that not issues that I knew he would bring so I had my mum as my support person…
In the end u will make the right choice and u what Is right for u and bub

He says it’s not his. Why does he need to be there?

3 Likes

I would tell him aww hell no. He doesn’t think he is the dad then I would make sure he doesn’t even get a father bracelet that the hospital uses for parent or parents so it will keep him away from you and your child. You need to rest take care of you and take care of that little angel you have inside you. Be a strong woman for you both. Congrats I hope everything goes well

No! I wouldn’t allow him in there.

2 Likes

Does he even want to be there??

If he denies the baby why should he be in there? I say no … Jmo

3 Likes

No. He can file for a paternity order with the court. F*ck these males abusing women for their convenience! Have security remove him at the hospital if he arrives - do NOT play!

1 Like

Wow…so, my husband was not allowed in the delivery room for his youngest son. They separated when she was about four months pregnant…we met a few months later and she was angry because of it. I tell this story because regardless of your feelings towards him, he is the father of this child (unless you feel there is another possibility) y’all didn’t work out, if it is his baby it’s something you can’t take back and something you can’t give him. Men have a hard enough time bonding with their child as is it.

I’d say, set expectations. Allow him there but let him know you expect peace and no hostility because of your history. Allow him to experience the beauty of child birth…it can change his whole outlook on it. But again, tell him what you expect and let him know if he cannot follow your expectations he can wait in the waiting room.

1 Like

He’s legally not obligated and your not obligated to have him in there.

1 Like

Go with your gut feeling. If you feel it will add to your stress then no. I wouldn’t

If he was not there for you and made your pregnancy easy…make him stay in the waiting room…set your standard now for how he will be treated…business only nothing extra!

3 Likes

If he claims he isn’t the father why would he or you want him there at that very special emotional time

3 Likes

I wouldn’t give him the pleasure of such a special experience, then when its proven that he is the father then he will be sorry he missed that special part of his child’s life.Sounds like hes a jerk anyway so you may be better off without him in there.Enjoy that beautiful experience with your baby .

1 Like

No. He is accusing you of the baby not being his but wants to be in there. Nah!

No you want a peacefully stress free day my friend didn’t tell her x till days after her c section

Went through this did not allow him in and also had the hospital list me as Jane doe so he couldn’t find me and force his way in

2 Likes

If he stresses u out dont let him be there as far as him saying its not his do a dna test

If he is doubting his paternity he can do a DNA test later

Yes and find a close friend to go with, do not allow him to be there. My ex went and got married when I was 6 months pregnant and because she couldn’t have kids they wanted mine. Needless to say he claimed wasn’t his and I raised an amazing daughter who has since figured out what a crummy person he is.

No. Why should he? ? Whether he’s the father well fuck him id say

If you know 100% that child is his, let him be there. If you are unsure, it’s a tough call then.

Did u cheat? If so then what’s the point of having him in there? If you didn’t and he didn’t believe you because he didn’t want the baby then tell him to go screw himself because he’s not going to be in the babies life anyways. The facts are right there basically slapping you in the face why should you be the one to stand by and take it. If you didn’t cheat and this is his baby you deserve better and you should walk and tell him you had way better options then him, but you had chosen him and you wish you hadn’t now. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

He can wait in the waiting room like everyone else! After the baby’s…born he can take a paternity test. Then he can pay child support. Make it clear from the beginning. That you are not a couple. However you want him to be part of your childs life.

4 Likes

If he thinks the child is not his, there is no valid reason he would need to be there. The only reason he might want to be there is control.
If he says the baby isn’t his, you are under no obligation to have him there.

How does one get pregnant on purpose??
But no, just no!

Not if he is doubting paternity babe, i certainly wouldn’t and your not a bad person if you feel the same!! If he is toxic keep him well away x

1 Like