Should I be cooking and cleaning for my bf?

Yikes… mom has no boundaries. Talk about selfish wanting your child to buy a house together and live together. There comes a time when you have to let your child live their life. This screams run quickly bc mom is controlling. And the fact that he told you his mom said you need to cook and clean for him I straight up would have looked him in the eyes and said you are a grown ass man, you are perfectly capable of doing it yourself I am NOT your mother nor your slave to order around.

Mommys boys are the worst! Leave him with her and find a grown man. You’re not obligated to do anything for anyone.

3 Likes

I agree, she already showing toxic mil traits at that so yup I definitely agree.

I think you already made your decision. It sucks and it will hurt but it is time to walk away. Let him be with his mom.

2 Likes

His mom is controlling and u will never win. If he chooses to buy a house with her, move on

1 Like

His mother is a narcissist. RUUUUUUUN!!!

2 Likes

I think you handled that perfectly. Well thought out, you are absolutely right.

Do not, DO NOT, let him live with you. Keep your own place. A toxic MIL will ruin your relationship especially when the apron strings are still tied. I had one of those once. Sure glad its completely the opposite now.

1 Like

Oh lord…A momma’s boy… she’s will make your life a living hell

2 Likes

Sorry, I’d run. If you want a future with this guy, think about if you really want his mother there living with you both, while you’re starting his family. He’s a true and designated mama’s boy! RUN! His mother doesn’t even see a problem with it.

You are correct. His choice will define him.

1 Like

He’s a narcissist and male chovinistic pig. Run.

1 Like

Don’t agree to live with him and his mother. That’s a recipe for disaster! She sounds very nosy and opinionated and would constantly be in your business. He’s a mama’s boy and always will be.

1 Like

Are you sure she said that? Don’t let him comment blur your judgement of her unless you know she said it. Him saying that is a :triangular_flag_on_post: to me. He’s not looking for a partner. He’s looking for a maid. Even as his wife you should not be doing all the cooking & cleaning. I’d be out of the relationship. Not because of his mother. Because of him thinking that way.

I’m a mom of grown son. I can understand her wanting him close. We worry even as they’re adults. She needs to let him live his own life too. She should’ve raised him to be independent & not need a woman for his basic needs. I’ve always taught my son to cook & clean. I tell him look for a woman you can be a partner with not 1 you need to survive.

2 Likes

I understand you love him but please trust us this could not be a bigger red flag relationship. You are young and the world wants to show you it’s beauty, Don’t imprison yourself!! Lots of love.

2 Likes

I think you already know what to do. If his mom is like this now, she won’t change.

3 Likes

You sound very mature and you already know the answer. It’s time to move on.

5 Likes

You are right. Stick to your guns!

2 Likes

If he chooses to buy a house with his mother, you stick by your word. It would be a different story if his mother was elderly and needed in home care. In that case, he would be an amazing son for stepping up and taking care of his mother and most likely a man you would want to hold on to. With his mother already having someone to live with a keep her company, that just makes him a mommas boy and that’s not gonna turn out well in the long run!

5 Likes

These type of mana’s boys are the worst!

4 Likes

Get out is right. Not good!!! Big Problems Can’t stress enough!!!

4 Likes

Stick to what you said! Don’t back down

4 Likes

Run girl runnnnn :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

5 Likes

Thats a no for me :grimacing::v:t2::wave:t2:

2 Likes

I would not want to deal with that kind of codependent relationship he has with his mother. That would be a deal breaker alone.

4 Likes

Move on, he clearly has failed to launch

4 Likes

Girl it’ll never change. I say run since it’s only been a few months

10 Likes

Yall don’t like your man living with his momma, but don’t mind when he lives with his wife :rofl:

8 Likes

You don’t live together and he’s asking you to cook and clean? Get out! How could any adult ask that of someone whose bills that they don’t pay?

8 Likes

It will not change she will control him even going out with you. I went thru the same thing believe me it doesn’t change

3 Likes

You are 100% in the right here! Red flags everywhere! Leave him now before it’s too late.

4 Likes

First off I’d be going to tell mom the back the fuck up. She’s wanting to living with him so badly, she can play mom/wife if she wants her boy taken care of because you are not his wife nor does a wife title mean you have to cook/clean/or ANYTHING for him.

If he gets a place with his mom it’s gonna be toxic for you and your relationship with him, obviously. He needs to man up and stay on his own and get her out of his ear.

Run the other way fast.

3 Likes

That’s whole family dynamic is too weird…. Run away and he can go live with mommy. You don’t need any of that nonsense

3 Likes

I agree with your boundaries and if he can’t accept those he is not the man for you.

4 Likes

that sounds like a good deal for the man dont even consider it

This is a setup for relationship FAILURE. He is a momma’s boy he will ALWAYS cater to her every whim. He’ll listen to her opinions about how YOUR relationship should run. GET OUT NOW

2 Likes

That’s a big no. Mom is way too much in his business… your relationship will fail because of her. Plus, the mom has no say what should be going on in your relationship.

1 Like

He is a mama’s boy and it will never change absolute red flags run and don’t look back

1 Like

Move on he’s still a momas boy not ready for a serious relationship…Red Flags on all levels…

1 Like

Keep on going! Find someone who treats you like an adult.He keeps going back to his Mother he always will. People in a relationship dont need parents running their interfere. Parents are supposed to be there for moral support. Not telling their children what to do in their relationship. He is a grown ass man and should act like it.

Don’t be quick too run simply tell him if he’s planning on his mom living with yall. Their will be no budding in with us period what I do for you is my business not hers
Boundries seem like they need to be set is all.

Run fast. It is never a good idea to pursue a relationship while a parent of either party is under the same roof as you.

No you are not wrong and probably need to move on.

Move on…he’s a mama’s boy

1 Like

let him go and focus on yourself

Maybe you’re just not “the one” for him. If he really loved you he’d make it work and vice versa. Relationships are about compromise and if you’re both really in love you will compromise. If not then it’s probably just not going to work out for either of you.

Sweety you need a man and this is not one its a mommas boy RUNNNNNNNN

1 Like

He has growing up to do and unless the mom is very ill or something there is no reason for him to be buying a house with his mom, if you go along with it she will always be in your business. Sounds selfish if she isn’t ill and needs help.

Yikes no! I would not stay in a relationship where the other person is expecting me to be his maid… I’ve been married for a few years and my husband doesn’t expect me to clean for him or cook for him cause he has two hands and feet to do things as well… Marriage is a partnership so we both do what needs to be done clean, cook and take care of our kids…
He is not even married to you or lives with you and he has those ideas! I would just cut him out my life…

You told him right. Just move on he ain’t ready.

2 Likes

Oh good for you. Stand your ground. Sounds like my ex and his mom. Only thing is I was stupid to marry him and it escalated real fast and we split after the abuse started due to my ex mom would get involved. Better see the red flags and move on.

2 Likes

You already told him what you would do if he was to move in with his Mom. Stick to your guns girl. I don’t see the harm in helping him pick up and maybe cooking on a date night. But you also have the load of a student. I like you have already communicated, you are not living like a married couple without being a married couple. I’m sure there is more to the story. But, from what you included here. My opinion, is to exit. I believe the two of you may be at different immaturity levels. Good luck to you! :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Yea don’t… mommas boy for sure and don’t give him the wife treatment until he earns it :100:

1 Like

This is not the man for you.

1 Like

you are 100% correct…. and honestly, if momma wants him that bad and he reciprocates, he isn’t the one honey. you don’t want to marry his mom, and that’s just what you’d be doing.

1 Like

You need to walk away from all of that.

This sounds familiar. If that man doesn’t cut the cord I highly suggest sticking to your guns of ending the relationship. Ultimately this is your choice and you will do what you believe to be right. However, having the perspective you have, many people would say if they knew then what they know now, they would have ended it. I don’t think you are in the wrong in the slightest.

He needs to grow up still sounds like, and his momma sounds like she still keeping him her little boy. Nah I’d pass.

Sounds like his mom is too busy interjecting herself into his personal life. I’d have that talk before I moved in with him. Mom seems to think his relationship with you is her business. Maybe he needs done distance from her. Mommas boy comes to mind. In reality she is his mom and she should cook and clean for him before it’s your job SMH I’d think long and hard before I moved in with him and definitely not both of them.

Run. His mother is going to be breathing down his neck ( and yours if you stay with him) forever.

1 Like

You were right to put those boundaries up. It’s one thing if she needs help taking care of herself due to an illness or the like. But to expect her grown son to help her buy a house, live with her and you to run a household that isn’t even yours yet is quite bold of the mom.

4 Likes

I think you already know the answer or you wouldn’t have asked this question.

No one can tell you that you are wrong if that if YOUR preference. I 100% agree , it would be different if she desperately needed a place to live but she doesn’t

You stick to your word, he’s a momma boy and those kind of relationships don’t last long because momma will control your relationship on every level, take speed and get the heck outta there!!!

4 Likes

Let him go. Handle your business

He’s a mommas boy. No matter what you’ll do it’ll always be wrong. I would end that relationship quickly

2 Likes

If he lives with his mommy and is a mommy’s boy, as my favorite Disney character Scar said “Run! Run away and never come back!” And you need to follow that advice. If you read all these posts, you will find NOTHING comes good from a Mommy’s boy or a MIL who never butts out.

6 Likes

Sounds like they are buying a house TOGETHER like a couple which is wierd and kind of sick. That sounds like a really bad attachment between them. Sorry maybe he’s NOT the one

2 Likes

Nope…
Good for you!! :clap: :clap:

1 Like

I would ask more questions. Will this house they are planning have two very separate living areas, with closed doors between her and you two? That could be okay.
Early in our relationship we lived with his mother for a few months. And when we bought a home my father moved in with us. We still lived our life and made our family, but my Dad did his own thing and stayed out of our business. He got to live out his final years without financial strain, and watched his grand babies grow up first hand. He lived in our home for 8 years until he passed.

1 Like

Good riddance to them both

1 Like

Stick to your guns! You are a very wise, mature, self sufficient, and grown woman. You have made your wants, needs, and boundaries clear… if he or his mother can’t respect you and your relationship then move on. I don’t think he is ready to settle and he keeps going back and forth which is a red flag. He can’t make up his mind.

4 Likes

Yeah that would be a no. Judging from similar experience, as long as you’re living with an older family member (especially boomers), you’ll always have an unwanted opinion of what you’re doing wrong, they’ll criticize your every move and claim to have all the answers. It’s going to cause issues, guaranteed

Hes a Lil boy. Let him stay with His Mom. Go get you a real Man.

2 Likes

say goodbye and say it fast. nothing worse then a mommas boy or girl

5 Likes

He is not the one for you. Clearly. Run.

3 Likes

Stick to your guns. Trust your gut. You have learned more than a lot of others. Normally i think kids should help parents but his mother is doing ok where she is. If he is smart he will choose you.

2 Likes

No way. You don’t live together, he’s a grown man, you’ve only been dating a few months. This is a red flag for who will be controlling the relationship going forward and who will be making demands. His mother. He needs to say no to her or else this is the blueprint of your entire future.

3 Likes

That mother has a toxic grip on her son… you’re better off leaving him alone to figure this out on his own. …if he ever does. :woozy_face::woozy_face:

4 Likes

Tell him to cut the apron strings with the mother or it’s over you don’t want a mommy’s boy you want a Man.

3 Likes

Seems as if the umbilical cord never got cut or he just likes to say sucking on moms tit ! Listen to your gut !!

Mamas boy!!
Run!
Also his mom sounds like a narcissist that isn’t willing to let him go!

4 Likes

Mama’s boy for sure. This is a good sign to walk, the relationship is new and you don’t need someone deciding (his mom) what kind of person you’ll be in that relationship. Being told you need to cook and clean for him and you don’t live together, for me that’s be a big hell no, my husband and I share those duties. I also assume if you’re going to school you’re planning to have a career, things aren’t old fashion like they were for his mom. If you’re also working 40+ hour weeks, it’s not unreasonable to share the chores should a relationship continue.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right, he sounds kind of childish and definitely a mamas boy

1 Like

I’d run honestly, and not look back.

2 Likes

Don’t waste your time on this guy. Be strong, walk away. Run!! This isn’t just advice, this is the voice of experience.

2 Likes

Stop wasting your time

I think you’re handling it very well!

3 Likes

He is not the one! Keep on moving!

6 Likes

You stand your ground.

2 Likes

Stick to your guns don’t be a slave to him and his mother

7 Likes

If that’s what he decides you should know what to do. Best wishes :heart:

Definitely you need to run if he moves in with her. Shes already overstepping her place imagine what she would be like if he lived with her. Plus then how would you two eventually move forward with a relationship and marriage?

6 Likes

Let him live his own life n leave him TF alone

1 Like

Run, don’t walk out of that relationship. If he is supporting his Mom and she is living with him then SHE should be cooking and cleaning for him. Not you.

9 Likes

Shit, my man cooks for me every night. His mom stays out of our business & as long as we are happy, they are happy for us!

1 Like

He’s clearly a momma’s boy you don’t need that go now …

6 Likes

He is not your husband or your responsibility

4 Likes

I’d let him look after himself

2 Likes