Should I be cooking and cleaning for my bf?

Nah. I’d end it.
I’ve dealt with similar situations and to much toxic. End up feeling crazy and left out and feel like the enemy the whole time. I’d cut it off as soon as possible.

Here is an old-fashioned and most likely unpopular idea: keep him at arms length while his is your boyfriend, and watch how he responds. That includes no sex. Boyfriend/girlfriend is supposed to be the stage where you get to know each other platonically. There’s an old saying: why buy the cow if you get the milk for free? If he is an unsuitable BF, he will most likely be an unsuitable husband.

Mommas boy! Leave now before too much invested in it! Mom is always going to be in the way and always telling him what to do! You will be number 2.:roll_eyes:

Just go, there’s too many dudes with no momma issues to deal with ones that do.

Hope the right man comes along because clearly you’re with a confused or a easily manipulated boy

Let him go, these are flags and flags are flags for u to take serious. U will regret down the line and remb the flags and kick yourself that u didnt take heed.

Be grateful. He’s showing you exactly who he is. He wanna stay with momma and you can be his side piece/cook/ cleaner. You know what to do. Leave him!!!

First mistake is letting it get serious before you know him. No sex before marriage.

You did the right thing hands down. :100::100::100::100::100::100:

No you’re not wrong, stand your ground.

you will be stuck with that bs until you set boundaries and stand up for yourself.

Why the heck can’t he cook and clean???

No you should not. And I suggest you move on.

You just need to get out of that relationship and find a real man who’s not still attached to his mom by an umbilical cord.

Why is he still your boyfriend?

You’re not wrong. His mom sounds like a nightmare.

1 Like

Too early for all this drama. If you don’t live together, you don’t need to cook and clean for him and his mother. I’d be telling him no thanks and bye :v:

I think you did the right thing! Find a real man and not a Mama’s boy!

1 Like

Just go about your business…take care of yourself. Whatever is supposed to happen will reveal itself.:heart:

I happily cleaned and cooked for my BF. He worked and so I cleaned and cooked. I really loved doing that for him.

Lol you will lose this battle girlfriend. That’s his mother. If you make him chose your not going to like the end result.

Move on hes thinking long term with mama instead of long term with you. You can do better.

Well…the only thing I have to say is NO to.living with his Mom…never EVER live with MIL, FIL :rofl: disaster.

Girl get out while u can. There’s a difference between Mama’s boy and just weird. This gives me weird psycho vibes. :running_woman::running_woman::running_woman:

Girl just run away from that whole situation :flushed:

You got it right, and if he doesn’t see it let him go.

:triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post: it’s still early… leave now… this will never be a healthy relationship

Sounds like a future monster in law

Set him up on I love a mama’s boy !! I got one too :raised_hands::rofl::rofl:

:thinking: leave him alone for awhile…aybe he will realize you mean something to him…otherwise it will not work

keep to your guns about your
plans.

Run run run as fast and as far as you can!!!

Just be done. He’s gonna take his mommy over you. My daughters got one.

Tell him bye he’s a mamas boy find you a real man mama can’t let him be his own man

I cook and clean dor my damn roommate.

It’s best to run sooner rather than later

No! You need a boyfriend not a child😂

I don’t think things are as serious as you think they are. If they were he wouldn’t be even contemplating living with him mom. If he’s that much of a mommas boy do you really want to be in a serious relationship with him cuz it’ll be with him AND his mom

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:
That whole situation sounds ridiculous, get out now

If he’s not favoring you over mom now - that won’t change. If he’s allowing his mother to dictate YOUR relationship - that won’t change. I think you’re spot on about requiring growth and privacy and he NEEDS to respect that. Stick with what you feel.

What?!? That’s all I can manage

No, y’all are adults. It’s time to have your own space to grow in your relationship. You did by bed his mother breathing down your neck trying to tell you how to take care of her son. He’s grown, he needs to choose.

Yeah, if they’re living together she will see/hear everything. And I would say you’re right to tell him this is not how our relationship progresses.

Idk I didn’t live with my boyfriend till I got pregnant…the month we started dating I got pregnant too but I still cooked for him and cleaned up his place cause I loved him. He lived with his mom as well. She lived upstairs and he lived downstairs. He was a straight up bachelor that couldn’t cook or clean for the life of him. After 5yrs and baby #2 on the way he still can’t clean for the life of him, but the cooking has gotten better. Personally I don’t need to be a wife to cook or clean for the person I love. The mom does need to stay out of the relationship I will agree with that, but this is a conversation you need to have with him and explain how you feel. If you have your own place maybe he will spend more time at yours. I’m just going off my experience. It wasn’t easy for my boyfriends mom when he moved out and we got a place of our own and it wasn’t fun or easy for us when we had to move into the basement apartment with our son and back into her house. Maybe she needs the help financially to get a better interest rate and has nothing to do with being a momma’s boy. If this is a new relationship and you like him then you have to be willing to accept somethings about his life because there is nothing wrong about a son loving his mom. He will treat you the same.

Nah. Cut the cord or leave that man child.:joy:

No, your right.
Your looking out for your future and you can see whats coming. So if its not what you want then your right to set that boundary now. Not later when everyone is miserable and its too late to just simply back out if you need to.
Your Being Very Smart About Your Life

Let him go if that’s what he chooses. I’ve heard of girls breaking up with their bf over liking Alfredo so girl go find your soulmate. That boy already has his soulmate…his mommy.

Cooking and cleaning should be 50/50. Don’t get caught up in games his mama plays or tells him. You stay in school and do you.

No way sister!Move on…

Run! You aren’t responsible for all that being the wife, much less a GF

Do not live with that grown man and his mother in one house . No. Lol.

Sounds like you on point young lady get rid of tht baggage him n his mama :neutral_face:

Sounds like he is still breastfeeding…

Please take our advice and RUN! You will be miserable the rest of your life.

This sounds EXACTLY like a “I love a Mama’s Boy” episode! HELL to the nawwwww!! :thinking:

Send him back to his mom and focus on yourself.

He’s over 18 his mom can’t “tell him anything!” He’s trying to manipulate you, it’ll only get worse. Him and his mom are toxic, get out while you can. If you stay you’ll always fight, she’ll know your business, you’ll be miserable and god forbid if you have kids with him they’ll see how you’re treated and grow up thinking that’s ok. Let him be his “moms” problem & “help” her if he wants to and some other women’s issue. RUN!!!

Honestly unless you live together and he’s working and you’re staying home there is no reason you need to clean up after him. He is a grown man. She is trying to find excuses to interfere with your relationship. Sounds like either hes a pussy and can’t tell his mom no or he is a pussy and can’t tell you no.

Oh no honey. That’s what we call a dangerous mommas boy :sob::rofl: him and his momma are about to be real toxic and she will be a monster in law.

Grown man who is still being ran by his mommy!! She is nitpicking you already so she can move in with him and be the ONLY women in his life. If he let’s her have this much control then she always will and you will always be at battle with her and him because of her. That’s a toxic situation I say you should escape while you can. Some mothers & mother in laws are unreasonable and overbearing. The true question here is… if you stay with him are you prepared for this behavior forever?

1 Like

Run fuck it, find someone who is fully available for you. This is a nightmare waiting to happen, way more hassle than he’s worth, I’d run

2 Likes

Run! She’s going to puppet string him all over. Already is. Too controlling and she will never like you.

1 Like

Unless his mom is sick and needs help with care then she needs to live on her own or with her sister. If you spend a lot of time at your boyfriend’s place then you should be helping with the cooking and cleaning but not doing it for him…even if you lived together you shouldn’t be doing it for him that’s something you both should be doing

Ewww girl RUN. Titty boys are awful and everything is about mommy first. You do NOT want that type of relationship.

1 Like

So many red flags! :scream::no_good_woman:t4::bangbang::no_entry_sign: Run for the hills! You said it yourself, that it got serious too fast. If he’s already like this before y’all are even engaged, run! His mother is already showing the classic signs of a monster in law.

1 Like

It’s only been a few months, dump his ass now while you can. He’s going to be a mommy’s boy for the rest of his life and I don’t see this relationship going ANYWHERE but hell for you

1 Like

Honestly I’d break it off before it’s too late. Let him live his mamma, go get yourself a man that has the same relationship goals as you.

Honestly from personal experience… Get out of the relationship. She is never going to let him cut the umbilical cord from her. I dated a man a bit older then myself. He apparently was a mommas boy. They all fell in love with me. Then we got engaged. She started talking shit about me behind my back. Calling me lazy and everything. Let’s get this straight. I work an hour away, I make double what your grown son makes, and I work much more hours then your son works in 1 month. I cook when I can and I clean when I can… But I do not live with him yet. So about a month later, we moved in together. Biggest issues was his parents owned a duplex… So we loved above them. I had to do laundry down in their house. She would leave notes on our steps about me not doing anything and sleeping all day. Um… I’m at work… How am I sleeping. 1 day I came home early, and she did not know. I heard people down stairs and went out on our deck to see who it was. It was his mom, his ex wife, and his son. The son was in the pool and the ex and his mom were trash talking me. A few months later 8 got pregnant. I had complications with my pregnancy and was told no more heavy lifting or up and down stairs. I went to do laundry… Carried the basket down 2 flights of stairs…i went up stairs and fell asleep for about an hour. I go down to switch the laundry… And our clothes were all folded in the basket on the bottom step. With a note. Telling me how lazy I was again, and that her son works and shouldn’t have to come home and worry about laundry. She said next time set a timer so you can do the laundry on time… Or sit there waiting for it. Hahaha. We bought a house soon after that… She walked in a lot unannounced. Before my son 2ws born she sent a letter to me saying she would love to be able to take the baby for walks whenever she can. She said if I need anything to let her know… And maybe we can go to farmers markets together. I thought maybe she was changing. 3 days later I got a call form my father telling me how she sent my parents a nasty long letter. She said I trapped her son, I am worthless and won’t make a good mother. She also noted how lazy I was and did not take care of the house or her son… So how can I take care of a baby. Lol. She said now she understands why they got rid of me. Hahaha. I left him when my son 2ws 8 months old. Don’t make the same mistake. They are two faced people and helicopter moms. The hoover over their sons. It’s pathetic.

I raised my son with no help from his dad. He is 22 engaged and gave me a beautiful granddaughter. I stopped dating after that incident. I wanted no parts of dating life. Now I have been in the perfect relationship for the last 3 years, engaged and ready to start my life… At 44 yrs old.

Please dump him… He needs to learn to stand on his own two feet. And defend you from his mother.

1 Like

Unless you’re married? No. Why can’t you guys cook together? Make a schedule where you divide the work around the house. You’re basically saying i wont be your mother until we’re married.

Put this guys number in the booth call contact list and get your own place.
He is NOT relationship material and neither is his mother. There’s no saving this, no changing it. This dude is booty call material until he grows up.

1 Like

I think people are only “dating” now to see who accommodates them the best. Nothing is even serious anymore.

I believe you should cook and clean for your man even before the ring. I cooked and clean for my boyfriend way before we moved in together. Buuttt your boyfriend sounds likeohe allows his mother to dedicate every part of his life. If he cannot set boundaries with his mother she is going to be in every aspect of every life decision you guys make. Should she give him advice? absolutely but to literally say “my mom said this and my mom said that” shows how much of a man he is not. I would sit down and talk with him if you don’t want the relationship to end and set those boundaries now before moving forward. If he can’t do that then I wouldn’t even bother giving this whole relationship a second thought.

You should never give a person an ultimatum. You both made it clear what you want, now more on.

Upset about what?! Not being able to follow thru on your threat?!

I still don’t clean up after my husband.

Throw the whole baby out :baby: :woman_feeding_baby: :rofl:

Girl,run. Run far away. Because otherwise she’ll try to control both of you ,not just him. He’s obviously not man enough to be in a real relationship and his mother is a control freak and narcissist. Nothing you do will ever be good enough.

Are you even serious with this post? :roll_eyes: Lose the loser and find a real man. Girl Bye

Leave! Stay away from mummy’s boys. They will always be a team against you

No. Füćk them dudes.

Find a new boyfriend

I’d just tell him to call me back when he got a house you could visit or potentially move in later on. Until then, you don’t want the responsibility of being his “mommy”! I mean, he’s obviously too grown or momma wouldn’t be handing the job over the someone else. :woman_shrugging:t4: he’s a loser & it will only get worse, I’d run YESTERDAY & never look back.

You’re absolutely right

He is either a manipulative liar or a momma’s boy and both are equally horrible. Leave him and find better. No you should not be cooking and cleaning for him. No his mother should not be saying shit

Girlll I totally agree with you!! Stick to that!

It’s to new to be this complex. :sweat_smile::crazy_face:

friend, it’s ok to have standards

Drop his ass before he ruins your life.

I’d tell him to f*ck right off and his mom​:joy::joy::joy:

Just walk away :woman_shrugging:t2:

Let him go :flushed:…that screams toxic.

uhhh no, he is a grown man.

Tell him get f**ked!! Simple :clap::100:

Id run…def do NOT move in with him and his mom. And NO, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COOK AND CLEAN FOR A MAN THAT DOESNT PAY YOUR BILLS OR PUT A RING ON YOUR FINGER. my god…ask his mom if she would have given her daughter that same advice…put her in a different position to view the situation.

21 Likes

Run. His mom can say whatever but then when he follows up that what she says should happen and her needs come first that’s not a couple, it’s a three some.

12 Likes

He doesn’t sound
Ready for a relationship. He needs to grow within himself and face responsibilities of life ! Nothing wrong with sharing the work load but when it’s expected of you , that’s not fair on you

11 Likes

Lol if she wants to play house with her grown son then she should be cooking and cleaning for him.
I would not be getting involved in that childish game. That Mom needs to grow up and take care of herself.

8 Likes

Mother-in-law’s who getting their children’s business they do cuz they don’t have a life of their own.

6 Likes

I hate to say this but part ways. Do it now before it gets worse. I know from 25 years experience it’s not going to get any better. The mother in law will be there for every single thing and your boyfriend won’t ever be able to make a decision on his own. He will go to her for every little thing and you will never have a voice. I know you have feelings for him, and it’ll not be easy but tell him you love him but you can’t handle it.

5 Likes

Youre not married AND youre not a stay at home parent.
But youre supposed to mother HIM?
No.
Only a few months in?
Fuck that.
Id be haulin ass.
I mother my children. Not my husband.

But as a sahm i cook and clean ON WORKING DAYS.
Non working days everything is split between us.
Including food, house and kids.

This aint a man.
Thats a child who wants his momma to take care of him

NOPE.

5 Likes