Should I kick my daughter out if I think she will cause problems with my husband and I?

She needs to cut ties with you. You’re so awful!

14 Likes

So… besides your personal opinion about a guy, what issue is there? That should be NOYB.

8 Likes

Yeesh, she needs therapy not to be kicked to the streets when she’s already dealing with marriage problems. She’s making very stupid decisions yes. But as a mother how could you live with yourself knowing she has nowhere else to go?? You’re supposed to guide her, if she ruins her marriage and it ends in divorce that’s her own fault but she is still your kid don’t kick her to the curb.

3 Likes

Because she acted like a teenager when she was a teenager your husband disapproves of her living with yall. She pays rent. So the only REAL issue is you dont like who shes dating which isnt your business. So what’s your question

18 Likes

Who she dates is none of your business. You can have an opinion, but you can’t force a 23 YO to do shit. If she cleans after her own mess and pays rent, there’s nothing else you should be concerned about. Shes your kid, just support her through this.

2 Likes

All I can say is the mom is in the right to tell her to leave she’s not cleaning up after herself she’s seeing somebody that they don’t approve of which means they don’t want him in their house and she’s not following the rules that was sent out so everybody’s acting like this girl should stay there but I tell you I don’t think she should she needs to go cuz of the stress that she’s putting you through and that girl does not sound like she is a poor kid because she’s married and first thing she does to go hop in bed with somebody else that does not look good too people and if she likes this boy with so much then why don’t she move in with him

1 Like

Well I understand you are concerned… but it is her marriage ,the one who has to live with the consequences is her, it is none of your business.
If she is following your rules and paying rent ,she is doing what she is suppose to do as agreed… it wasn’t on the rules to wait to see a new guy until she is divorced… again it is her business, as long as she is following your rules I don’t see a problem. But if you just don’t want her there you can kick her out ,but you should’ve never helped her since The beginning since you and your husband had problems with her before.

For one she’s 23… personally i feel like that is a young age to be married. (Even tho a lot of people marry young, everyone matures at a different age) she may be an adult in society’s eyes, but she is also a young adult, and still your child.
This thread is just yikes… and sad…

2 Likes

If she wants to go back and live with her parents than they have rules. Get her into the Russell house it’s a women shelter for women that were abused. Plus they can help her understand why she is in the mess she’s in.
I hope she is not like this because of something her parents did or mistreated her as a child. Because then the parents should undue the damage they caused by being alittle more understanding that their daughter is messed up because of them and she needs love and is lost right now

1 Like

This is the kind of post that reminds me that Motherhood is a learned behavior, not just an instinctual one.

12 Likes

You can tell her not to bring the man to your house and even go as far as telling her not to talk about him to you and your husband. But kicking her out because of her love life is an A hole move. Her love life is not your business or your worry. She’s 23. As long as she isn’t bringing any random people to the house, all you should do is be there for her and let her know she’s still loved by you.

9 Likes

Ok so let me see here. She’s separated and pending divorce. She is 23 a grown woman who pays you rent but you are somehow expecting her to follow the rules of a 16 year old? It’s not your business anymore. You are so ridiculous for thinking that would be grounds for EVICTING YOUR TENANT? YOU need therapy and SHE should run far far away from you.

24 Likes

Sounds like you don’t want her there either you just need someone else to say it… id take my daughter in no matter what. Thats my baby. Is she wants to see someone then that’s her own choice she is 23 after all

8 Likes

Yeah. You should probably not be worried about who your adult daughter is seeing. She is ending a marriage.

Life is just one huge lesson, she must have a lot to learn.

I would say as long as she lives by your rules then i wouldnt try to control her life.

We learn by experience…
I would suggest just Watching and being there for her if she needs you. Its not your life lesson to learn.

1 Like

Well I met my now husband and have had 2 kids with him while I was married we were separated (didn’t have the kids till after I was divorced I’m stating we had two kids now together). But I was living on my own and so I didn’t have to worry about that. My mom told me I should take time to myself after my relationship with my ex but she didn’t talk shit or tell me I HAD to leave him because I was still married she did tell me not to have sex but that was because I was pregnant with my exs and my 4th kid. I get wanting her to respect rules and such but no I don’t think you should kick her out because she’s choosing to see someone else while still legally married I think that unless she’s breaking other rules or not sticking to her word you should let it go. Your husband too and if he can’t then maybe he’s the one who needs to go.

She’s an adult now. You can talk with her but you can’t enforce your expectations on her. And your husband? If he has such a problem with your daughter HE is the one causing problems between you, not her! If she left a bad relationship she needs support. She doesn’t need judgement. You might think you know what she needs but I can promise you you don’t know everything about her or her situation. Try being there for her. Your husband is an adult and can work his own problems out.

6 Likes

I would put her out if she is not showing you or her father the respect.Not cleaning up after herself not on.My only question is will the two children be ok and looked after if you do put her out?

Disgusting. I feel awful for your daughter.

4 Likes

I bet you’re Jehovah witnesses

1 Like

So you’d rather have your daughter homeless so you and your husband don’t have issues? If your husband seems to be having issues with your daughter being there she is not the issue he is. Your children come first before any man.

17 Likes

She is a grown woman, she can date who she wants regardless of her marriage, if she’s separated from the husband then go for it… as for rules… u can tell her what to do while she’s at your house but she can do as she wishes when she’s not there. Be supportive and not controlling. Let her learn from her mistakes she’s 23 … so young she has time to get it right…

4 Likes

Always have your children’s back. She’s your daughter.

7 Likes

Kick is a strong word.
Please consider " choosing to live apart"

1 Like

Wow… just wow.

You are her mother for God’s sake. You realise that doesnt stop when your child is grown and having issues right? Like damn. Your husband should be supporting you in helping her not creating more issues between you because she acted like a teenager when she was a teenager?!? Get out of your ass :roll_eyes: if you dont want to be a parent because shes grown now then say that but dont use your husband as an excuse to be a shitty mother :woman_shrugging:t2::two_hearts::v:t2:

Especially if there are no children involved, and her wellbeing isn’t in danger as far as being abused then her romantic life is absolutely none of your business. If she abides by the agreed upon rules you set at the beginning, then leave her alone. It’s called boundaries and it sounds like you and your spouse need to find some. And maybe idk support your child in her time of need over your grumpy husband who obviously has issues with her. She’s your blood and you’re considering making her homeless bc of who she’s dating outside your home? Yikes :grimacing:

3 Likes

Your kids come first no matter the age, your daughter isn’t the problem your husband is.the fact that you’re willing to leave her without a place to sleep at night over your husband. I feel bad for your daughter.

8 Likes

Your poor daughter! Your considering kicking her out ! Wow !

6 Likes

Do you want her to leave on her own, or take the kids into a bad situation with her? Have you let their father know about the situation? He has a parental right to know his children are safe. If your daughter is unwilling to make the little ones her top priority, someone as to.

You’d leave ur daughter and grandkids homeless over that ?!?! Yikes

5 Likes

Your child is your child regardless of their age and your children should ALWAYS come first before any man even if That man is their very own father. As her mother you support her 23 y/o ass , you guide her, speak to her, find out what her thoughts are. And help her to not make the same mistake again. And if your husband has a problem with that then I think you’ve made a bad decision with that man. Because he is supposed to be that rock that any man needs to climb get through and over in order to get to even just see your daughter honey. No, I don’t think it’s okay.

If she’s living with you im assuming her and her husband have separated meaning she is single and is allowed to date so whats the issue? Shes 23 old enough to judge characters of people if this guy isn’t right for her let her find out on her own. If you don’t like him just put the rule in that he’s not allowed over. She is an adult you have no say over her love life or anything and it sounds like you dont want her there so you are trying to find reasons to justify why you should kick her out which is disgusting. Her love life is not a reason to put her out on the street.

5 Likes

This sounds like a whole bunch of girl bye.

1 Like

Your daughter is an adult. Her love life and who she dates and chooses to be with is none of your concerns. My mom does that to me and all it does is push us apart. Be supportive till she gets on her feet , promise if that’s how you treat her by telling her she shouldn’t be doing this or that she’s gonna wanna leave ASAP I’ve been there. Focus on not destroying the relationship with your child more than your husband’s relationship .

4 Likes

She is your baby. And shame on you for being so heartless. Yes her lifestyle may not be something you approve of but at the end of the day it is hers. She is paying you rent and a grown woman that again is your child that had hit a tough patch in life and will get through it.

4 Likes

Is your daughter your husband’s daughter?

Shes a adult and should be able to date who she wants even if you don’t approve. Says a lot about how disgusting you are if your willing to kick her and her children out over someone she dates.
She literally CAN do whatever she wants shes a adult with children, doesn’t matter if she “lives under your roof so you’ll abide by my rules” she is still a adult you had your time to parent her so now let her be a adult and parent her own kids.
If I was your daughter I would brush you off too and tell you to stay in your own lane. :tipping_hand_woman:t4::woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Always stick with your kids no matter what. Your daughter is a priority, especially right now, help her get straightened out. Have your husband cough up some extra cash while you spend some time investing in her and her future. Calculating rent while she’s in a storm right now is not the way to go.

2 Likes

At one point you need to decide if you are treating her as a tenant or a daughter, an adult responsible for her own actions and building her own path, or a child who is still in need of guidance… in the end, it is your home, whatever your rules maybe need to be one of equal respect for the other, if she obeys those rules then all the rest will need to be filed under, “I dont agree, but this is her life, her choice”. Unless of course it puts her in direct harm then of course step in, being Mom comes 1st, balancing between enabling and being too strict is a line I feel mothers will never quite get the balance of… you want to protect, but when is it truly time to let baby bird fly or fall on their own. Some times adults need to fall on their own, to find out they are capable to build themselves back up and parents’ jobs arent to caudle grown children, but to be their Tough Love, neutral safe ground, a place to land for the weekend to clear their head and make a plan, and then bounce back on their own feet the following monday. living in a parents home past the age of a minor rarely works out well in long term circumstances. The adult child will always feel like the parent is treating them like a child and they will end up acting like one or the parent will go back and forth on rules and consequence and confuse the situation. Either way you look at it… I advise it’s in all of your best interests to give her a reasonable move out date and stick to it. It is your home, you owe her nothing, your raised her, she made her own life choices and ended up coming back home for help, allowing the attention to build up between all of you is not helping anyone. Write a terms and conditions or a contract of some sort, reasonable rules, consequences and a date within a reasonable timeline you expect her to move back out. Above everything right now. She needs to be pushed, guided and supported in the notion she does not NEED another person to live on her own, YOU believe in the person she is and that person will be their best once they see they can make it out in the world on their own. With you in the background cheering her on the whole time of course.prayers to you and your family that this situation strengthens the bond of daughter parent relationship, adult edition :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was thought that children come first before any one else. I’m 25. Pregnant with my second child and my mom wants me to come back and live with her. So that she can help me with my second. She’s already helping me with my first. And as to me having to be on leave for three months. She knows I’m not going to make it for my rent. So even tho she is a grown adult. If your husband don’t want her. Well he can pack his things and leave. As for your daughter. She is your child. Why would you kick her out. My mom would never. She had always told me. No matter what, the doors to her house are always open for me. And I believe that.

1 Like

I have a question - you said there were two young children - are they your daughter’s kids or are they yours???

I’ve read the title and can’t real the rest😡 . Kids come first !!

3 Likes

I’m not gonna lie id be disappointed if my momma acted like this :disappointed: while I get the ur house ur rules thing I’m sure she’s hurting and yalls judgments aren’t helping without a doubt :pensive: it doesn’t sound like ur real close with her

This is seriously sad. Your child, no matter how old, should be your absolute priority. She’s obviously going through a lot. I’m sure she’s not happy about having to move back in with you and having to follow rules about who she can date at 23 years old. It’s absolutely horrible to me that you would consider putting her and your grandchildren out over potential problems with your husband. I mean if it were me, boy bye. I’m sure he can afford to live on his own.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is the whole plot line of Kath n Kim season 1.

She’s an adult. You don’t have the right to dictate her life choices anymore.
She is paying bills. She’s an adult and she does get to do whatever she wants. You can set realistic living rules the same as such a roommate would ie. pay bills and clean up after yourself. If she goes and rents a room from someone else would they kick her out because they don’t approve of their boyfriend…? No. So why should you?
Just because your CHILD is falling on hard times so you let her move in with you so she can get back on her feet does NOT mean you get to treat her as a child again. You are literally paving the way to ruin your relationship with your daughter, especially seeing how you are picking your husband over her. I can honestly see why she would act the way she did as a teenager AND why she would blow you off now as an ADULT.
Her being still in a marriage also is a stupid reason. The marriage ends when they move out and move on. Who gives a shit about the paper work…?

Your children should always come first no matter how old they are. They are your flesh and blood

4 Likes

Sounds to me like your husband is the problem not your daughter !

15 Likes

Um no. Don’t kick her out If she’s paying for rent and bills. It’s none of your business who your daughter is seeing and whether you like him or not. She is clearly seperated. You’ll leave her homeless. How can you do that?

6 Likes

I think you need to just step up and be her mum and her childrens grandmother and support her positively! secondly your partner needs to accept your children come first and if not then he isnt a very good supportive partner and if you are made to feel like you have to choose between your partner and your child, your child no matter how old comes first, you want the best for your children you need to help them through thick and thin.

2 Likes

This is so sad. What kind of a “mother” picks a man over her own child? Sounds like you did just that when she was a teenager and you’re trying to do that now. She came to you because she NEEDS you’re unconditional love and support right now. Shame on you for even considering kicking her out because of you’re husband. Do better.

8 Likes

Kids come first sorry “mum”

5 Likes

As long as she’s not bringing trouble to your house, not disrupting your household, & is paying you what she said she would…what’s the real problem?
Maybe her ex husband was controlling and she just wants to feel free by not having someone else dictate her life which is what you’re trying to do…let her breathe.
Your husband don’t want her there because of how she was when she was a teenager? Is she still acting like a teenager? You said the problem is that you don’t think she should date until her divorce is final…what if they’re just taking a break? Her husband might be dating someone else too…who knows but that part of your daughter’s life isn’t your business. The new guy doesn’t fit YOUR standard…he’s not suppose to fit your standard…he’s suppose to fit your daughters standard…which changes as she grows…which will probably change when she heals…she might go back to her husband…she’s only still 23. Have you even tried to put yourself in your daughters shoes? She’s only 23 with two small kids, she’s seperated from her husband, & had to go live with her mom who has a husband who apparently don’t like her because of how she was when she was a teenager…that’s a lot to deal with.
And why would you be conflicted over kicking your daughter out into the streets just because of who she’s dating which hasn’t caused any direct disruption to your household, just because she’s not legally divorced yet, & just because your husband has some past issues with her? What’s you and your husband’s real reason because both of y’alls reason isn’t sitting right? Is your husband her father? You keep saying “my husband” but never said, "her father.":thinking:

4 Likes

Imagine the turmoil she would go through knowing that her own mother kicked her out with nowhere to stay and her children when going through marital problems just because her husband doesn’t like her?? Heart breaking. The fact that you even said no rude comments means that you know somewhere that you are wrong and people are going to call you out on it

Sounds like you need family counseling. Your daughter is an adult. Start treating her like she’s grown up.

1. If you tell her to stop dating Mr wrong, she’ll sneak around & do it anyway. She’ll resent you
  2. Is your husband your daughters father? Did she grow up around him?
    You should both have an idea as to how to deal with her without tearing eachother apart…you are grown up, correct?
  3. I’m assuming that if you toss your daughter onto the street, your grandkids go with her? Think of them, they didn’t ask to be part of this dysfunctional mess.
    Give it some time. You need a counselor to be a 3rd party or an independent party in this.
    Good luck
1 Like

My gender neh :roll_eyes: and you just said she’s your daughter :thinking:

Kids come 1st… you shouldn’t allow your husband to bad mouth or talk about your daughter. If anything he should go 1st… You’re a mom before a wife…smh

3 Likes

You do not choose a man over your child, period.
She is paying you rent, technically you have no reason to kick her out.
It’s none of your business who she dates, like it or not. She’s young, she’s still learning, she has the right to make her own choices, no matter where she lives!
She’s your child, my girls are pushing 40, I have had them back home. As long as she is not doing anything illegal, let her be!

11 Likes

I’m sorry husband or not you should never pick no man over you’re own child :rage::rage::rage:

7 Likes

You will never agree with everything your child does. I would CRY if my mother thought of me this way. She’s probably already dating someone trying to find help to move back out due to fear of being KICKED out. It’s hard enough going through a divorce, being a grown mom and going back to having rules of your own, etc. how about spend some quality time with her. Allow her room to make mistakes, just be her cheerleader to do what’s best for her. Of course she will brush you off if she feels rejected. Maybe loosen the reigns a little. If she’s helping you pay bills, I especially don’t see what the issue is. Your partner should have enough respect for you and your CHILD to be there for her and you. I’m sorry if he’s made you feel like you have to choose in any way, but that is beyond unacceptable. You’re gonna need help from your child one day when you can’t physically support yourself for everything, and I’m sure you could imagine how devastating it would be if the tables are turned. If you needed to depend on her in your older age and she kicks you out because she doesn’t agree with something you do even though you’re helping her pay bills. It’s pretty bizarre that some mothers really think this way. Hug your daughters neck and tell her you love her and are here for her during this difficult time. Buy her a nice dress for that date. If for nothing else, to help her feel confident again. Get some wine and popcorn and spend a Friday night with face masks and funny movies to distract her. Let her vent to you. Women are supposed to support other women. ESPECIALLY moms supporting their daughters. Who does she have if she doesn’t even have her mom in her corner? Don’t ever consider turning your back on your daughter for any reason whatsoever.

16 Likes

Sorry but you shouldn’t even be considering this. That is your child and your grandchildren. You would honestly make them all homeless?

Your house your rules doesn’t matter her age, she needs to be getting her life together not acting like a teenager again, getting with some random 2 weeks after moving in is ridiculous what good is that for her kids? Tell her she’s got a month to sort her shit out or hit the curb

She’s an adult with her own children to parent. She should be an adult and find her own place to parent. As to who she see’s … stay in your own lane lady. I’d give her a month to find somewhere at least.

2 Likes

Kick her out sounds harsh. Help her find somewhere else maybe? She needs to grow up and take responsibility for herself and her children. You need to make a decision that you’re able to live with at the end of the day. Good luck xx

1 Like

Kick her out for her personal life choices?
Ummm NO!! She is an adult and makes her own choices.

2 Likes

Your child should always be a priority BUT there comes a time, a limit where they need to grow up, take responsibility and deal with their issues because mum and dad can’t do it for them. She’s an adult and to give attitude and act like she’s 15 not 23 is ridiculous. You don’t have to kick her out but most certainly give her an ultimatum. Sit her down snd remind her she is still married. She has a responsibility to that man to either try and sort it out, counselling etc or divorce. If she doesn’t want that, she needs to stop seeing other people as that’s grounds for divorce for her husband. She’s an adult and if she wants respect then she needs to give it. She’s in your home and she needs to respect that. If she can’t then she needs to go home and sort out her marriage. Those slating the op husband! Wow! Her daughter is not a child. They have children together, it wasn’t the daughter arriving with children, she has to prioritise him and her children. The older child who’s returned is an adult! Of course the op husband is not happy! Would yours be if the adult daughter was bringing randomers home, being disrespectful to you, your wife and your home??!! I doubt it. Her husband is being very supportive by agreeing to let her move back in! The daughter needs to get the single life out of her system, grow up, sort out her marriage either way , and if they divorce , sell the house and get her own place where she can be as disrespectful as she wants and it won’t impact anyone else’s life!

2 Likes

Your child should always come first. If she wants to see someone she’s 23 old enough to make her own choices.

2 Likes

I believe your hild comes before your husband. And if she has nowhere to go your her momma. Be there. She was a teenager. What teenager likes rules. She is older and im sure stuff has changed. Idc how old mine get. If they need momma. Momma will be there and everyone can kick rocks who dont like it

2 Likes

Mayne try being a mom first and worry about your child and grandchildren instead of a man…

3 Likes

First of all…she’s came to your house for help. Not judgment. Secondly…she’s an adult. And from what im reading. You’ve made no mention of any mental to where she can’t make decisions. What’s wrong with moving on? If…you’re feeling the need to protect her cause she’s your sister. Then have a non-bossy talk with her. But she decides.

5 Likes

Simple if she paying you rent u agreed on and she is helping with chores. She gets to stay. She is married and getting divorce she is a woman who has sexual needs too. Many men some women do have sex during divorce if you don’t want her to bring men to your home np tell.her. as for your husband issues he needs counseling for sure. He has his own demons

You and your husband don’t have to agree on her PERSONAL decisions.
You said it your self, " she’s having marital issues" clearly you are too and you need to get yourself in check. She is an adult, she can do what she wants, as long as her kids are taken care of ( you said she pays rent ??) It’s none of your damn business

That is up to you. It’s you and your husband’s home. If she can’t abide with what boundaries you set why should she stay. If another man is in the mix she will do anything to be with him. I know it’s hard for you and your husband but you need to be strong with her. Good luck on your decision. I just read how terrible it is for kids to treat their parents like they sometimes do. You deserve a nice home and peace. She should find out now it is time to make her own home. They want to be grown up and have no clue what it takes. They start having babies and men that can’t provide for them. Their lives are all messed up before the can even get started. The big problem is the economy is so messed up. Jobs are available and no one wants to work. Encourage her to find a job and work herself up the ladder. Get some skills while she can. Give her a time limit she needs to be out. Stick to it.
I wish you luck. I raised three girls and encouraged them to work. One never knows what your future is and need to know how to take care of yourself & kids. Can’t depend on anyone except yourself and God. He is the one she needs to know. He can make a way where we feel there is no way. Good luck.

5 Likes

Can you kick her out but keep her kids so you know they are safe ?

2 Likes

If they are seperated who cares of shes seeing someome new?

7 Likes

I feel ya I was there at one time to she don’t listen to me to this day they never will let her learn the hard way

Sounds to me she needs to stand on her own feet id offer her as much support as you can. But not put up with her shit! I’m 33 now and definitely needed a kick up the arse at that age
I don’t think its about picking your kid over your husband at all she should respect you both at bit more

Tough love isn’t turning your back on your kids.

6 Likes

Talk to her like an adult. Don’t let your emotion take control of what you say. Don’t assume she isn’t going to understand. She is a mom now and had matured in some way. I don’t thing kicking her out is really showing her your support, that will only show her that she is a burden and will make her run to someone that is not making her feel that way. That person could be that man she is talking to. So yea! Tell her what you expect, and what you can do to help her. Also tell her what are the things that are making you feel like she is taking advantage of your kindness.

2 Likes

Your daughter has 2 young children.Obviously she is not mature or knows right from wrong.That action of your daughter will cause animosity between you and hubby.You know the pitfalls of various relationships as you do not approve her choice of partners.BUT…the grearest responsibility are those 2 precious children.They need healthy guidance.What they see they will also do one day.Setting a correct example to your children is imperative.
Sadly if you close the door to your daufgter you will have 2 sweet little grandies that are thrown under the bus.Reconsider what your choice will be.Let your daughter bump her head badly but keep the well being of your grand children in mind.All the best!

3 Likes

First off, she’s 23. She can make her own decisions in her marriage so stay outta that. Now if she’s bringing her problems home and fucking up y’all marriage, in the “Christian” sense, your husband comes before your child. Look it up.

Her relationship status is none of your business. You CAN make rules about her not bringing him home, but you CAN’T make rules about her not seeing him. Also, even if she should wait, discover herself blah blah, she is separated. It’s not like she’s cheating. Maybe she just needs to get dicked down…maybe her husband’s dick was wack. You have no clue. Letting her stay will only cause problems if you both let it cause problems. Butt out of her personal life. PERIOD. She SHOULD be respectful of the household, however.

Sounds like ur husband is looking for a reason to put her out, he probably ddnt expect her to follow the rules and pay some of the rent. And she’s probably dating someone already as a back up plan for a place to stay for her and the kids…

7 Likes

You sound like a shitty mom

your husband isnt her father yet her seeing someome else has yous back up? n thats YOUR daughter regardless of age they come first

8 Likes

Wow. How could you choose your husband over your daughter? Especially when it means that your daughter and your grandkids would be homeless? You’re a piece of shit.

By girl by. Best thing I ever did. Now owns home 2 cars married 10 years. Has Own Business. It’s so hard but worth it

2 Likes

Lmao no one in this group reads anything an if they do they read an take what they want from the story cuz alot of u didn’t read the part its the mom an husband that have the 2 kids not the 23 year old with 2 kids lmao so I’d put ground rules into play and if she doesn’t listen to them id let her go her own way an as of dating someone else besides her husband it happens just tell her don’t bring him to my house

9 Likes

Ha! You sound like my mother. She manipulated my life because she didn’t like my life choices that DIDNT EFFECT HER. If she isn’t causing issues and its just her life choices that you are concerned about, I don’t see how that’s grounds for kicking her out. But if want her gone, have that conversation with her. Be an adult and treat her as such. Don’t be shady and just kick her out because you don’t like her boyfriend. At least give her a time frame by when she needs to be out so she has time to make arrangements.

24 Likes

It’s not really your choice what she does with her personal life.

I think you need to pick your battles or risk pushing her away forever with your judgemental attitude.

18 Likes

You’re looking for a reason to kick her out. You’re probably listening to your b*tch husband which is probably the reason for her rebelling as a teenager.

19 Likes

your kids come before anyone.
no matter how old they are.
clearly she’s upset and needs some sort of fulfillment in her life.
i could never imagine kicking my kid while theyre already down.

12 Likes

How can you blame her actions and so forth as a teenager on who she is now as a adult? You said she has gave you no problems so far and has agreed to pay rent your only objection is who she is seeing. She is allowed to see whomever she wants if she is separated, no she is not divorced but she is obviously moving on and they are no longer together her and her husband. For everyone saying take the kids so they will be safe, why wouldn’t her kids me safe not one time did she mention she feared for them kids or anything regarding them actually but she didn’t say if they were hers or her daughters or maybe even the current husbands from a past relationship to be specific. This women honestly sounds selfish asf to me to even consider putting her kid out for any reason. If you pay attention she made it pretty clear her husband doesn’t like her daughter and that’s her concern even if she did throw her name in towards the end it started with her causing problems with HER husband. Tell your daughter how you feel im sure she will leave and you and your selfish ass and husband can go on living.

Oh mama, it’s hard to show tough love.
I see more and more 20 yr olds living with their parents, not being held accountable, and it’s creating a lazy, dependant generation.
You can’t make your daughter make better choices. But there comes a time when you can’t rescue your kids anymore, either.
You need to decide what decision is really in her and your younger kiddos best interest.
She needs to figure out who she is and what she wants in her life. If her process getting there becomes messy and sets a bad example for the younger kiddos, don’t feel bad asking her to leave.
You’re in a really hard place.
I really wish you the best.

6 Likes

Wow so you rather kick your daughter out cause she seeing someone while getting a divorce. She paying you rent and your treat her as she your stepchild I would never want to come back to your home your children are yours no matter age they are she picking bad men cause she doesn’t have the love and support from her mother every thought :thought_balloon: of that shame on you. You don’t stop being a mother because your child grown when your the one that wanted children in the first place.seem like she was acting out as a teenager cause look how you and your husband treated her you never tried to understand her problem and why she was acting out cause you blinded by a man.

6 Likes

Its not right of her to do but she is an adult and you have to let her make her own mistakes thats how you learn. Its your choice if you let her stay living in your house but honestly neither you nor your husband can run her personal life.

2 Likes

Better not displease the husband.

1 Like

For me, there isn’t a man alive who will come before my daughter. She’s an adult who is separated from her husband. You do not have to like who she dates. In my personal opinion, and this is based only on this post so I could be off base, I’m guessing you’ve put this man before her before now and that caused a lot of the issues.

21 Likes

She came first. She’s your daughter. Sit down and talk to her about what she want’s to do and support her. Don’t kick her out because of your husband! If he’s not her biological father, he has no right to come in between you and your daughter. She’s more important. She’s YOU’RE DAUGHTER no matter her age or her situation.

8 Likes

I’m 23 years old however I am also a mother. If you don’t want her to live with you then help her find her own place with cheap rent, and if you have a good enough credit score be her co-signer. Creat an agreement with her that this is her place but pay your bills. Help her get groceries and back on her own feet. I’ve had to get help multiple times due to moving from state to another and back. My husband was of course working so I could be a stay at home mom but I worked so hard to find a place available that was safe, and close to stores. Instead of possibly damaging your relationship with her maybe help her in a new way that works for both of you. Remember that this is also new to her as well.

5 Likes