Should I report my sons daycare teacher?

You realize they have cameras right, easy to solve that problem right !!!

1 Like

If your son pulled away it’s not the teachers fault. I’m pretty certain she wouldn’t have done it on purpose.

1 Like

This injury is quite common in young children. Its usually caused by people swinging kids by their hands (sort of like the gif). What you son described sounds more in line with that sort of injury. If the teacher was holding his hand and he suddenly dropped to the ground it might have happened.

1 Like

Why is this even a question :interrobang: she hurt your child PERIOD!!!

Report it as a 3 yr old can not come up with that on his own.

Young childrens elbows easily dislocate. When we as parents “swing” them it can easily dislocate up to age 6.
BUT if there is more than 1 teacher, or cameras in the room I would definitely request to speak to other teachers and see the videos. In your childs brain he isn’t making that story up. He did say that the teacher had him and that he did try and get away (teacher said jumped up then dropped to floor) and his arm got hurt. Investigate it yourself and if it still leaves more questions than answers, involve police.

Make a police report as the hospital suggested. The police will investigate and as long their was no foul play no one should loose their job. Let the police figure out what happened. You are your child’s best advocate!

Believe your child and make the report now

1 Like

File a report. If nothing happened, then nothing will be found. If something did happen, that teacher deserves everything coming to her.

Considering the age of the child, it would be very hard not to believe them. I’d file charges immediately.

File the report! Your child has no reason to lie they are so truthful at this age that sometimes it is embarrassing if you know your child doesn’t like to hold hands that is your first sign! Report report it’s your child life on the line plus everyone else child in her care at daycare!

Idk that’s tough. That may be his interpretation when in fact she really didn’t do it on purpose. Was an accident. Maybe he thinks he might be in trouble. Who knows it’s hard w little ones. I don’t know what repore you have w this daycare and teachers but that would prob answer a lot of my questions.

That’s not an accident. She was angry. I used to work at a daycare and some of the people there shouldn’t have worked there. There’s absolutely no reason to use that much force on a child. I had a 3 year old punching and kicking me for about half an hour, and never once did I think about hurting him. He kept getting up and coming back when I would sit him in a chair so not much else I could do but keep sitting him in the chair regardless of him getting up, but again I NEVER hurt him or used force like that and never wanted to. You definitely need to file a police report. Sorry that happened to your little😞

1 Like

file a police report im sure the day care has cameras and the police will be the only ones able to get access to that footage to see what actually happened. and also be careful with your child’s arm now because once the elbow pops out of place once it will continue to be easily popped out. it’s called nurse maides elbow my daughter had it. it usually stops after the age of 5 but hers popped out so much the drs showed us how to put it back in but I refused to do it and we had her seen everytime it happened

1 Like

It’s called Nanny syndrome. This happened to my grandson also. Report them before she hurts another child.

Dont worry about the teacher, if that was my child i wouldn’t hesitate to file a police report, they can decide on their own if the teacher is innocent or not, little children have no reason to lie, you should file the police report

2 Likes

Pulling a child hard enough to pull their elbow out of socket isn’t an accident. That was a lot of force. I knocked my brothers elbow out of socket when he was 4 by swinging him way too aggressively on a swing set and his arm hit the support beam (wooden swing set.) I was only 10 so definitely a different situation as I obviously didn’t know any better but I believe that is the point. An adult, a trusted and PAID caretaker, should absolutely know better. He is 18 now and his elbow still randomly pops out of socket because of it. Police report and go for her job too because she called you and made up a cover story to save her own ass knowing she was the one who did this to him. No mercy for child abusers :woman_shrugging:t2:

First talk.to her then still file a complaint because your child should not have been hurt

I would file a report even if it was an accident the police can make that decision and just think if it wasn’t an accident and who knows how many other kids she hurt and claim it was an accident and they should know that he don’t like his hands touched so why was she holding his hand and if your son can tell you what happend I would listen to your son over the teacher

Girl, you better listen to your baby! 3 or not, that baby knows what happened. Report that teacher.

Torn Hell . Who’s side are you on??? :thinking:

1 Like

No Mama, get mad. She freaking earned it. Time. E for her to deal with Mama bear to spare other children from her hands.

Uhhh if you’re in the er due to a daycare incident why are you even asking :unamused:

Are you seriously asking an online group if you should report someone who hurt YOUR child to the police?? Thats YOUR baby protect the kid holy f report that lady and stop taking the child there

2 Likes

I would report it just in case or see if there’s video you can watch to make your decision after that. While children can sometimes misconstrue what actually happened you don’t want to discredit it either. I’m protective over my kids. I’d question other workers, ask for videos and everything in between and from that I’d make the call on what I want to do

Children arms and elbows are more fragile (my son got his arm stuck in bars at the park which resulted him having nursemaids elbow).
It was sore for a few days but after that it was like nothing happened. You’ll just have to be a little more vigilant with their elbow

Is there cameras… in the room? Demand a meeting and take a report from the dr

I did my daughter had a busted lip . I asked my baby what happened she showed that she pinched her lip. How does a kid make that up I cried . She was 3 . Don’t just report to daycare report to child care licensing. And I let my daughter show the teacher police and daycare what she did ! It was not made up !! It was not on camera teacher hardly showed up on it.

Be the voice for your child. My son is 3 as well & I know the difference between a fabricated story and the truth.

A child’s accident is a knee scrap NOT a dislocated elbow. It requires strength, stronger than a child’s for that to happen. Believe you kid and file.

1 Like

Definitely file a report

I’d do a report and hopefully there are camera that can be checked

1 Like

My son went for a flight of stairs(from the top) at age 2. I grabbed him QUICK to save him from the tumble.
Nothing abusive.
Dislocated his elbow.
It happened again a year later when he was in the yard with kids. They were pulling each other around.
I’d definitely look into it but take one step at a time.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Any incident involving injury should be reported.

She lied that’s the red flag. I would be so mad

2 Likes

Report, report, report

1 Like

Job gone period if this was my baby I would report her asap you got hospital documents so please Please report this teacher. I have 4 girls from elementary to middle school an I wouldn’t hesitate one second

Report it. Its the policy’s job to investigate whether it was an accident or not.

That lady would have been history by now if it was my child!!! Not because my child was hurt but because she lied about how he got hurt

Do you want your son thinking mummy doesn’t believe him when he speaks up? No their job isn’t your concern!! He is

1 Like

It’s also a responsibility of the ER to report!

Before anything I’d call daycare and ask them if they have video cameras in the room?! If they do, that will help greatly!

1 Like

Coming from a previous daycare teacher talk to the director most have cameras now. If the director gives you a hard time report it.

1 Like

Going through the same thing. Police are involved and called it child abuse… waiting for the prosecutor to press their charges now, then I can file a civil suit.

You’re your kids voice. Report them.

2 Likes

Just a side note, if you don’t report it, chances are it will come back on you. The hospital is obligated by law to report it.

3 Likes

How is that even a question? Yes you need to report her

1 Like

As a mother of a child who had their elbow dislocated (she was climbing up a slide and her friend was pulling her by the elbow)
Remember the hospital staff saying it can happen quite easily. There was no obvious signs or bruises that I could see either.
I would say it’s definitely worth filing a report. Your son would have been in a fair amount of pain and if making a report means it doesn’t happen to any other kids then that’s good.

2 Likes

Do they have cameras at that day-care

1 Like

The teacher was just trying to protect your son on the road my son will pull away on the busiest of streets and I give his arm a yank cUse I’d rather hurt his arm then have him struck by a car . I don’t believe this teacher was trying to hurt your son I believe she didn’t want him on the road but definitely watch for any red flags.

1 Like

Um yes file that report. I’ve had my kids jerk away from me and they’ve never managed that sort of injury. I could see the teacher getting agitated and forcefully trying to remove your son. I’ve seen teachers do questionable things and they all cover for eachother. It would be nice if they had cameras? Most daycare facilities do.

If you do a report it’s not just with the police department. You have to contact CPS as they also have to investigate the daycare as well.

I had to do this with one of my own kids. Her wrist was broken and I didn’t know until I picked her up in the evening time. It’s also the same for school. It gets reported to the police if the school doesn’t handle the situation and then CPS. I broke my ankle in the 2nd grade and was forced to walk on it by my teachers and they refused to let me go to the nurse when my ankle was black & blue and was three times the size of my other ankle.

Report. Now. This is abusive behavior

1 Like

Actually this story does not sound even possible. The hospital would have reported it. They are mandated reporters and if they believe there is child abuse involved they don’t leave it up to you. 

9 Likes

Nurse maids elbow is fairly common in kids under 4 years of age. It doesn’t mean she was pulling hard or trying to hurt him.

This can happen from a child just dropping down to a sitting position while someone is holding their hand.

If they have cameras have a look at them to determine if it was abuse or just an accident.

4 Likes

File a report. If the hospital suspects anything, it’s going to come back on you.

Are u crazy a 3 year old doesn’t know how to lie I would call the police on her right away

Talk to her and the director of the center. Ask if there are cameras in the rooms and demand footage of there is. Could have just been a freak thing if he threw him soft to the ground. Definitely investigate it though.

1 Like

Id make the report. Things like that dont just happen amd if baby is giving details that way then id take it to the police.

Listen to your child

Report it! And pull them immediately.

Yes definitely report, if its investigated and shows otherwise then theres no harm done but if she is a monster then you will be saving others

I would have to make it so it didn’t happen again or happen to another child.

My sons arm did this when he was 2. we were walking down the stairs, I was holding one of his hands, well he missed a stair and kinda twisted a bit, dislocated his elbow. I was told by the doctor that this can happen to young kids very easily, he showed me how to fix it if it happens again (apparently once it happens it will most likely happen again)

I beat myself up for it forever, mom guilt was for real, but accidents happen.

The fact the teacher was so nonchalant about it is concerning. She should’ve known his arm was dislocated and should’ve owned up to her mistake and explained the severity. Although this does happen, her lack of responsibility is apparent.

1 Like

Definitely always believe your kid

Idk 3 year olds don’t know to lie, but maybe misunderstand things. It is a common injury and it could be an accident, but it also could be something that needs addressed.

1 Like

Yh fine the report before she hurts another baby

If there’s not really any other signs of abuse etc going on I wouldn’t. I would ask daycare for an incident report for documentation tho. Their bones are fragile & pop out of place more easily you could’ve easily done the same to your own child.

3 Likes

You would think the hospital would report that?

i’ve read more than enough daycare horror stories to even think twice if this was my kid

2 Likes

But nurses maids elbow is a thing. 2 of my children had it, it’s outgrown by 5 when bones fur. A lot of ER trips before they taught me how to set it. Definitely report bc no harm no foul but this does happen. I once helped my daughter jump off a couch and her elbow dislocated. My son was rolling down a grassy hill. Dislocated. Know what you’re dealing with.

1 Like

Report it and file a police report and ask the day for the incident report they are required to file out to see what she says and if they didn’t do they are not in compliance with the state laws then

She snatched that baby’s arm up. File that report neooowww please.

2 Likes

Go pull her arm out of socket!!! Nah but definitely do something about it!!! Duhhh!!! Kids don’t lie about stuff like that!! poor baby!!

1 Like

I personally would report it.

Call
The police on that teacher it’s child abuse !! I sure hope your son feels better and heals soon children at 3 don’t lie !! The teacher needs to be fired immediately

Well the nurse is a mandated reporter also

Report… especially if you were directed to by medical personnel. You should always report this type of thing, even if it’s not your kid

I highly doubt a child could dislocate his elbow by jumping up and falling 3 year olds don’t jump very high and if he doesn’t hold hands with anyone why would he do it then? Seems pretty sus like a teacher trying to cover her ass.
Nurse maids elbow is caused by yanking on the arm hard, gragging, pulling ect and it’s very easy to do with a child because of their bone structure.
Listen to your child, children don’t make up stories about someone hurting them. If this were my child there would already be a police report, cameras tape would be watched, and someone would most definitely be sued and lose their job would be kissed goodbye.

Nursemaids elbow is usually what it’s referred to. Actually really easy to happen in young children, usually from pulling on their arm too hard. Both scenarios sound plausible. Do they have cameras in the daycare would be my first question. I would believe my 3 year old 100%, but their perception could be off as well because they’re so young. I wouldn’t let it go though.

What’s odd is she didn’t think it was an emergency. Considering she works with kids. Thst is a red flag and makes me feel like she was in the wrong trying to cover it up. For thst reason I’d file the report. If she had called with urgency and care and had the same story he did, then I’d think it was just accident. But bc she was nonchalant ,yet acknowledged he wasn’t using that arm, makes me feel she wanted to dilute the matter bc she knew was at fault.

1 Like

Is there cameras at the daycare? Are you friends with any of the other moms maybe have them ask their children if they seen your child get hurt.

In some states it’s illegal for school staff to put their hands on children.

She pulled his elbow out of socket
She should lose her job.

1 Like

REPORT IT!!! they will figure out if it was an accident. There should be cameras. How will you feel if it wasn’t an accident and you find out because next time is worse…
My ex dil broke 2 ribs on a 2 week old and his arm at a month… Brother at 14 months had 3 healed ribs…

2 Likes

I would ask if there are cameras and if so could you see the footage…

Report. Doc said to and the child knows what happened . Not anywhere nerve what worker said.

1 Like

My daughter fell on a step one time and to keep her from falling (she was holding my hand) I pulled her arm and it came out at the elbow. It is very common is what her Dr told me. Speak to the daycare first. It could have been an accident!

1 Like

Go let them tell u its nothing

She definitely hurt that baby !

Umm you 10000% side with your Child here. If a child says someone harmed them, you call the police.

Absolutely report her. Wouldn’t even give it a second thought

Do they have cameras? Ask to be shown them if anything.

Children do not make things up! File a report ASAP! That’s not right!

I say report it because when my son was around the same age, the daycare called to tell me his ear was swollen and they weren’t sure why. I went to get him and his ear was so swollen. That it was sticking out kind of like the kid on Mad TV logo. I took him to the pediatrician and he asked my son what happened and he told us that his teacher pinched his ear. I was furious and the pediatrician told me at that age kids don’t typically lie about incidents there is some truth to what they say. Almost like they dont comphrend the concept of lying. The peds office reported the daycare and come to find out something similar was already reported on the same teacher. Go with your gut. You know your child better than anyone in this group, at the daycare, etc.

Ask the daycare center if there are cameras. If there aren’t then file a report, and you need to find another day care to one that has cameras. I worked in a daycare and there was a child who was so excited he went potty, he started to run to tell the other teachers, before I could grab him, he fell and his bottom teeth went right through his bottom lip. I was literally one step behind him. I felt terrible. Accidents do happen, but as a Mom you have to make sure it was an accident.
Good luck Momma!

1 Like

She pulled his arm hard af!! Listen to the hospital, file the police report!! Hopefully there’s cameras in the rooms and they can resolve it that way!! Definitely listen to your child.

2 Likes

I had this happen to a friends daughter. She threw herself to the ground while holding her hand and it went out of socket… I personally probably wouldn’t where she told you and didn’t hide it. Shit can happen like that and it could ruin lives if it was a complete mistake!

I’d be on the news crazy moms whoops up on daycare provider

1 Like

File the police report!! It shouldn’t even be a question

1 Like

1000% if this happened to my child I would raise hell

I wouldn’t be torn on anyting how would you even think about being torn when it took him three times to put his arm back in place he didn’t do that just by staying there and fall into the ground