Should I still give a baby shower gift?

Return big gift and just gift her what you can’t return

2 Likes

Return what you can. Save the rest for the next friend who has a baby.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t give her any gifts, especially if you’re not invited. Maybe save them back for a little while just in case y’all make up

2 Likes

The gifts aren’t for her but the baby. What did the baby ever do to you?

1 Like

I wouldn’t return the gift, but I also wouldn’t give it to her right now. The gift isn’t for her, it’s for the baby. Pregnancy is a hormonal, emotional, stressful time. Granted we (the people in this group) don’t know you, the situation, or her. She very well could be a whiny drama queen and this could be who she is, or it could be an isolated incident because of her hormones and she may realize that and y’all may make amends. Hold on to the gift, and see what happens. Worst case, she is just a drama queen, and you end up just dropping the gift at her door step. One way or another, the gift isn’t for her, it’s for the baby, you’re not petty and in the end you’d be the bigger person anyway.

3 Likes

Ive seen circumstances like this before. And if she is that petty and not understanding, then she will more than likely throw those gifts away. If it is personalized, give it to someone else going to give to her, just not telling where it came from. If not, give to someone else or donate.

3 Likes

Fuck her lol take them back

For me. Yes. If you really bought the gifts out of love for her/the baby. She’s the one that dipped not you. The baby didn’t do or cause any of it. You could return the gifts you’re able too, and then gift her what you can not return.

Keep it for the next person who gets pregnant lol

2 Likes

I’d still give it if you already bought it. It’s for the baby, not mom 🤷

No, I wouldn’t give her the gifts. I would give them to someone far more deserving. Donate them to an expectant Mum doing it tough.

No. Return the gift if u can. And sell the handmade gift or give it to someone else whose expecting. Or donate it to a mum in the hospital. X

I wouldn’t. I’d take it to a women’s refuge or foster place and gift what was brought to people more deserving :blush:

If she uninvited you then return the store-bought gifts and save the handmade gifts for someone else’s baby.

To me it sounds like she was looking for a reason to unfriend you and this post gave her the perfect opportunity to do so specially if she was unwilling to listen to your explanation snd your apology that you didn’t need to even apologize for you did nothing wrong. Aside from the handmade gift do you know anyone else having a baby that would benefit and actually appreciate the gift because who knows if you give the gift to your friend if she’d actually keep it

1 Like

I know how much time and effort go into handmade items and you dont want those negative energies attached to anyone else. I would return everything you can and gift the handmade items and just release it all. What she does with it at that point is on her.

1 Like

I wouldn’t but I’m petty

1 Like

Save it for a deserved friend !.. but if ur indecisive about it. Maybe wait to see if she calms her hormones and reaches out to ya again

Giving the gifts would make you the bigger person…js

1 Like

Nope . Move on trust me leave her back there to . God closes doors because he knows something you don’t .

1 Like

Nope…sucks to be her

The gift is for the baby… not the mother and while it’s no excuse, pregnancy can make some over react and be really on edge for certain things. I’m sure it sucks and your confused but you could always return the ones that are able to be returned and give her the ones that are handmade, maybe? That way you’re not at a full loss but either way, it would kinda make her look like the jerk over a silly post when you still send the gift. :woman_shrugging:t4:

Doesn’t mean you’re begging or asking for the friendship back. Just means you’re being the mature one.
Now only you can be the judge on wether or not to really give it to her. We don’t really know her or how your friendship really was in the beginning but doesn’t sound to “strong” if she would unfriend you over something even after you still made it know it was directed towards her and apologized.

No coz she might say you have vodoo in those gifts and throw them away :rofl::rofl: keep them for someone else or return whatever you can.

I wouldn’t . Return what you can and call it a day

Id be the bigger person and still give her the gifts. You bought them out of love and it’s not your fault shes being hormonal and acting silly. Maybe it will pass when she comes to her senses. Maybe not but still id give her the stuff. You’re not being petty at all. Most ppl wouldn’t even think twice and they would return the gifts instead of giving them to her. Which is ok too.

1 Like

Depends how close you are, the gifts are for baby not the m2be

Idk pregnant woman are hormonal… I’d return the gifts, and maybe give the handmade items to her when baby is born. IF and only if you guys have been friends for a long time… like 10+ years.

1 Like

Honestly, I’d either return it or save it for someone else.

3 Likes

No, I returned what you can and sell off the rest.

1 Like

You were uninvited so I’d say return what you can or sell or donate. I’d honestly be glad to be done with the drama.

1 Like

I’d totally return it. Someone unfriend me, they stay that way. Family included.

1 Like

Depends how close y’all are, if she wasn’t a relative or close friend then hell nah, uninvite me that means u uninvited my gift

1 Like

No don’t give it to her ! Return them.or reuse for somebody else

That’s no friend if it was you need better friends

1 Like

I would still give them.

1 Like

I would.give.the gift because the baby did.nothing…

3 Likes

You did your part. It’s time for her to clean up her side of the road. I wouldn’t give them to her.

1 Like

I would still give the gifts. It’s for the baby not her. Maybe it’ll make her realize you’re the better friend.(Which will probably piss her off more):grin:

Give them some one else.

1 Like

Return it
It wont be appreciated anyways

1 Like

I’d still give them to her, the baby didnt do anything and her hormones are probably off the chart :grimacing:

1 Like

It depends on how close you are and how well you know her. Is she being hormonal do to the pregnancy or is this a regular thing? If you can tell its because of the pregnancy then wait till it blows over, and give it to her later, but if this happens all the time and her first go to is to unfriend and not hear you out…honestly thats not a friend. A healthy friendship will have tiffs and disagreements but if this is normal behavior on her end i would leave that friendship in the past.

3 Likes

I’d return and sell the handmade stuff

1 Like

Do YOU want to fix the relationship? If not, then let it go and keep the gifts for someone else or return then… if you do, still give the gift, maybe with an apology that it wasn’t aimed at her but you’re awfully sorry that she took offence to it

1 Like

Return what you can. Sell or donate the rest. Uninvitef means no gift.

9 Likes

nope I wouldn’t give it to her

5 Likes

Return or sell what you made.

1 Like

No. Don’t give them to her! Wow! I mean, are you guys like best friends?? Like known eachother since preschool or something similar? Then I would and id even go. But if you guys have only known eachother for a few years. I wouldn’t. And I’d return the items.

1 Like

“Be true to thine own self!” If you are who you say you are…otherwise, Wish her well and let her go.

1 Like

If she’s going to be petty then there’s a chance she will trash or return them anyway so just save them for someone else.

If u give her the gifts she might just give them away anyways. Wait till someone else has a party or baby shower an give it to them. If you his start talking later down the line then just buy that baby a gift then an say it was for the baby shower you missed

1 Like

Don’t punish the baby for moms rudeness

4 Likes

If shes that petty and there is no chance to regain the friendship…then nope! Sorry she doesnt deserve it! It sucks you have spent so much money time and thought to just have it sit there…but you could always sell it…gift to someone else…keep it for another friend…dont let her bring you down! Shes petty

1 Like

I wouldn’t give her anything!

2 Likes

Yes, you are. Give the gift you bought for the totally innocent new baby! You will feel better. :heart:

3 Likes

I understand all the “don’t give HER the gift comments”… but they aren’t for her. They are for the baby. I would still give them to her. Just address the card to the baby and drop them off. Maybe leave a little note about grabbing lunch or something to try and mend things. Although you don’t feel you’re in the wrong here, she has way more hormones and probably took it to heart, even if it wasn’t aimed at her.

3 Likes

Re turn it and the stuff you had made give to another mother be if you know some one

Run like hell from this crazy bitch! Why waste your time on her? Find friends that appreciate you & don’t make you walk on eggshells around them!

You’re supposed to give the gift during the baby shower. You were uninvited, so that gift, can’t make it to the event. If the friendship is unsalvageable, I would say go ahead and return it and get the money back you spent on it. If you think y’all could become friends again then hold onto the gift and give to the baby later on.

2 Likes

Wait till you guys are cool again then give it to her :relaxed: if you never make up then you didn’t waste your money on someone who didn’t care about the gift anyways

1 Like

No I would not. She clearly made it known she is not longer interested in a friendship

1 Like

I’d try to give them to the baby but if mom doesn’t accept them then maybe donate the bad made items to the hospital for another baby

1 Like

Take back the store bought items and put the handmade ones up for incase yall makeup

1 Like

U can return it. Or give the stuff to another mother in need of baby stuff. U apologized and explained urself.

If she’s petty enough to unfriend you over something on Facebook not even about her, she’s petty enough to not use the gift you gave her and either toss it, or give it to someone else. I’d save it for someone else…

3 Likes

No just get your money back and get a massage! You will feel better, don’t waste your money or time on her bs!

1 Like

i’d return but i also wish i knew what your post said. sometimes people don’t like when you talk about others either… i had a friend (call her V) that had a really gooood friend (call her EM) em and V were like best friends and suddenly EM didn’t wanna hang out w V anymore… always putting up excuses or not responding texts soon enough when they had plans together… v didn’t understand considering she was always a good friend to Em … and after a few ignored messages Em finally said V was a good friend but she didn’t like the fact that she would talk down on people… she was grateful V was a great friend to her but knew she wasn’t much of a great person and said she simply didn’t like the way she was with others even if it didn’t affect her she found it ugly and chose to remove V from her life… not because she was a bad person to her but simply bc she didn’t like the person she was… sometimes you just gotta ask yourself yk… is she overreacting or have i been…

but yes, you should return the gift. and maybe then reflect on what happened and how she might’ve taken whatever you said that wasn’t even towards her and see if you can find any reasoning… i’m not telling you to feel bad but youre already calling her names “drama queen” … like she’s got a reason to have acted the way she did. but i can’t say that because i don’t know you or who/how you are … i only know what’s said here.

go get as much of your money back as possible girl lol…

ps/ not trying to sound dramatic over here.

They are not gifts for her they are for the baby. It may make you feel better and like the bigger person. Personally I’d give it and congratulate her on the baby again apologize for the misunderstanding and that you’re looking forward to the baby. Always be humble and classy.

7 Likes

Nope if she doesn’t want to be your friend she don’t need the baby items. Return what you can and the homemade stuff either keep for someone else or donate it to the nursery at your hospital.

Rerurn expensive gift and gift or sell handmade stuff

Give a small gift to be the bigger person and move on!

Just give the gift and let her friendship go.

2 Likes

Return what you can & cut your losses.

Sounds like the friendship means a lot to you still. So I would still give the gift. But if ties are cut and no plans to ever talk again I wouldn’t give the gift. Only you know the relationship

1 Like

The gift isn’t even for her. It’s for the baby.

1 Like

Return what you bought and save the handmade for another shower you are invited to. I did that when I was once again left out of a family shower.

I’d give it for the baby, since you already got it/made it for the baby (think of it as not being for her), but don’t go to the shower, and just end all communication with her from there.

3 Likes

Return the gift and use the money for urself

1 Like

return them, you’ve already been the bigger person once

2 Likes

Forgive the mom and ask her why she got so upset sometimes people get upset and we don’t even know why they are really upset about. But no matter what happens with you and the mom give the baby the gift I personally would go to the shower too. That shows true forgiveness on your part

2 Likes

I have a long time best friend, we’re now 27 and have been friends since the 7th grade. The entire time I have known her she’d get mad and block if I upset her or offend her in any way. Sometimes I wouldn’t even realize/understand why. This was an on and off occurrence, It was exhausting, but I came to the conclusion that this is just who she is as a person and wasn’t really anything against me specifically. I’d give her space and she’d eventually calm down and we’d talk it out.

Some people are just easy to get offended, especially since she is pregnant she may be even easier to upset. I myself am 31 weeks and fly off for some of the smallest things. Since it seems to me like you still care and want to try to mend things, I’d still give her the gifts. It may even be the breaking point to get her to open her eyes and reconcile with you.

1 Like

Return it and repurpose the ones you handmade to someone else

1 Like

Unless you’re hoping to make up with her, return the gifts and get your money back.

I don’t think you’re being petty, just return them and move on, list the homemade stuff online to sell, walk away and keep your peace💜

2 Likes

Return the gifts. Post what you made on Facebook market and sell them.

1 Like

She’s pregnant of course she’s gonna be a drama queen & she can’t even help it lol she’s probably embarrassed she reacted that way I would still give them

1 Like

For the baby… give the gifts… for the baby…

2 Likes

I would give the gift. I don’t know how close you are as friends. But, I do know being pregnant your hormones are all over the place and under normal circumstanced she may have not responded as she did. I believe you giving the gift may bring to her mind your explanation and she may give you a call. Either way, the gift is for the baby, and, what makes it particularly special, is you made some of the gift❤. Hand made items, to me, are so special. There is time and love put into them which makes them unique and special. Good luck and be blessed🤗.

1 Like

Return the gift and sell the handmade items on marketplace or online somewhere. Clearly if you’re uninvited, that solves that whole dilemma. Its pretty clear you’re not wanted there, so why bother with a gift. All you could do was admit your mistake apologize, which you did. If she didn’t accept it, that’s on her. Move on.

3 Likes

A gift should mean something. If your not feeling it don’t give them to her.

I’d still give the gift. I would not show up at the shower as she doesn’t want you there and it would create a scene, but maybe have a mutual friend take it there for you. Hormones run high during a pregnancy, we don’t always think clearly or logically. Be the peacemaker and don’t burn the bridge.

3 Likes

Return it.
Eff that.

Show her that you are the better friend and give the gifts for baby anyway. Just don’t go to shower.

5 Likes

Return them and give the homemade ones to someone more deserving and thankful.

Yes the baby has nothing to do with you to not speaking, even if you don’t attend , show some love, but if you do go call her and ask her if it’s ok

1 Like

If it’s not custom made, I wouldn’t give her the gifts.

1 Like

Get ya monnies back and grab a ice coffee :joy:

2 Likes

Its about the baby if its for the baby yes give it he/she didnt do anything. If its a gift for the mom then no probably not. Sounds like you want to give it to her which isnt wrong maybe itll mend her pettiness. Remember shes probably being moody because she is preggo or emotional. Your heart will tell you listen :two_hearts::heart:

1 Like

She’s being petty. Not you. She invited you then uninvited you for her need for drama. Don’t give her something expensive that she doesn’t deserve.
Pregnant or not, no excuse for behaving like a child. And refusing any reason or logic.
Uninviting you and unfriending you further shows how much she’s behaving like a petty child.
Get your money back for the gifts
Sell the handmade ones
Block her too.
That’s far too much petty childish drama to be caught up in all the time

4 Likes

I say give it to her. It’s for the baby. Might even make her think a bit about her actions. Might even open up a line of communication for you both. Be as willing to listen as you would want her to.

3 Likes